• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Sig made by MenoUnderwater, huge thanks!

Welcome to Brainshock Alpha!
Iowa City, IA on November 27th, 2010.

Hello everyone! Yink here, bringing you the final tournament (before the Championship event) of the KS-IA-MO Brawl Circuit! Just want to let everyone know this tournament will follow MLG Rules. I hope everyone has a great time here!

----------

Contact Information:

Please use this for any questions on housing, the tournament rules, directions to the venue, etc.

Chloe (Yink) : AIM = LadyYink or Cell: (319)-541-1716 ...*Text or call, texts are preferred
Ngamer3k: AIM = ngameregg

The Venue:

Robert A. Lee Recreation Center - Located at: 220 S Gilbert Street, Iowa City IA (319) 356-5100

Housing:

Housing is limited here. I cannot house anyone. However, there are lots of hotels and motels in Iowa City and in Coralville (a suburb if you will, of Iowa City and only like, 10 min away). It would be smart to find a place well in advance, seeing as there are football games held here because Iowa City is home of the Iowa Hawkeyes Football.

OoS (Out of State) people who do find housing will be given priority. I will ask some of the Des Moines people ( lol joker ) if they can house people.

If you do get housing from a smasher, please do be respectful of their place. Don't expect them to have a bed for you or a specific place for you to sleep. Bring a pillow and/or blanket with you to help out.

This is a list of people who can potentially house people:

-Yink -full
-Joker - MN + NE?
-BPx - KS
-Kuares - MO + IN?

Fees:

$10 Venue Fee
$10 Singles
$20 Doubles (20 per team or 10 per person)

However... I NEED FULL SETUPS.

If you bring in a FULL setup (A Wii + A TV + A Copy of Brawl) and we use it your admission is free OR if you bring a copy of Melee and a Memory Card and we use it, your admission is only 5 dolla!

People bringing setups:

-Yink
-ngamer3k
-Joker
-Th3 Composer
-NaPPy
-D. Disciple
-Kuares
-Soran
-Soran's friend
-CBK
-Hylian
-Twinkieftw
-Zwarm

Tournament Schedule:

This is not set in stone at all, this is just a rough idea of what's going to go down:

10:00 - Venue is Open, come on in!
11:00 - Sign Up for Singles And Doubles
12:00 - Doubles Starts
2-3:00 - Singles Starts
~6, 7 or later - Side Tournament
10-11:00 - Venue Closes

---

PLEASE NOTE:

In order to see that the tournament runs along smoothly, please make sure to play your matches and check where you stand in brackets. If you are going to go eat or something, TELL ME. It is extremely important. PLEASE report your matches to me as soon as possible. Take something like 15 minutes for a food break, do NOT take a long time...it holds things up. This is my first event and there is a time limit on how long we can play...I WILL DQ you if I need to.

The Payout:

Singles

1st - 48%*
2nd - 22%*
3rd - 14%*
4th - 8%**
5th - 4% each

15% is taken out for the singles circuit cut

*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles
**Should less than 64 people show up to an event, payouts will be altered to 55/30/10/5

Doubles

1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

15% is taken out for the doubles circuit cut

The Rules:

General Rules - MLG Ruleset

As I said before, these are the rules from MLG. ( * = Changed by the TO)

1. No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
2. No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
4. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
5. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
10. In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
11. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
12. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
13. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
14. After the Characters and Stage have been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
17. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
18. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #17). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 25 on Norfair and 20 on all other Stages. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
19. * Is not relevant to this circuit
20. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

For Videos of all of the Gameplay Rule’s illegal maneuvers, go here:

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304286

---

* Specific Rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Ice Climber's Chaingrab: You can chain grab in place only until your opponent is at 300%. Exceeding 300% is an act of STALLING.

* Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking, however, is a perfect example. If I see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, don't gay.

* Mike Haze's Rule

No shouting at the opponent to intentionally disrupt his/her concentration on the game. You do it, and you'll be disqualified. I know you guys like to be all hype and stuff, but people really need to concentrate.

* Ledge Grab Limit Rule

Players are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 35 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).
This really only gets called into action if the timer is to run out

---

1 vs. 1 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None

2 vs. 2 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: All other stages are BANNED, even if you both agree on a different stage.

---

Other Rules

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Additional (Special) Rules or Issues:

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

PLEASE PLEASE...PLEASE bring your own controller! I'm not responsible for supplying you with one!

The Side Tournament:

The side tournament was chosen! Presenting:

[collapse="Super Smash Brothers Melee"]
[/collapse]

There you have it guys, Melee has won the side tournament and later on today I'll be discussing the rules for it. As for right now the singles fee will be $5. This will be SINGLES only. This is what I'm going to need:

-Copies of Melee and memory cards with ALL the necessary data.

Think you can get these to me?

---

The Tournament Attendance:

1. Yink - :ness2:
2. Fino - :metaknight: / :olimar:
3. DMG ? - :wario:
4. Tmacc - :dedede:
5. Trent - :sonic:
6. L_Cancel ? - :olimar:
7. ~mjg~ - :metaknight: / :diddy:
8. GregDang - :marth:
9. Joker - :snake:
10. Teh Future - :popo:
11. ngamer3k - :yoshi2:
12. Composer ? - :samus2:
13. Jayford ? - :jigglypuff:
14. Ares - :falco:
15. smash64 - :ness2:
16. Shaky - :ness2:
17. NinjaLink ? - :random:
18. 4rce - :diddy:
19. fragbait ? - :ness2:
20. Atomsk - :popo: / :dedede:
21. Tewx2 ? - :shiek:
22. GameGenie222 - :falco:
23. Soran - :marth:
24. JoWii - :kirby2:
25. Player 4 - :metaknight:
26. Calebyte ? - :mario2:
27. Oreo (Exel) ? - :sonic:
28. shadow1jb ? - :toonlink:
29. Nicole - :peach:
30. FAE - :lucas: ?
31. Kassandranova - :metaknight:
32. LoliLovesRain - :pit: ?
33. Radium88 - :kirby2:
34. Hylian - :popo:
35. MegaManRob - :wolf:
36. NearZzz - :toonlink:
37. NaPPy - :snake: ?
38. KBizzle - :marth: / :peach: ?
39. XenoStar - :rob:
40. Xyro77 - :samus2: ?
41. MurdaMoe - :charizard:
42. Big L - :falco: ?
43. ScarletPhoenix - :ike:
44. r3d d09 - :popo: ?
45. Kuares - :fox:
46. MetalMusicMan - :falco:
47. Mr. Doom - :ike:
48. Zephyros - :falco: / :metaknight:
49. Twinkieftw - :marth: ?
50. Bionic Sonic - :sonic: / :metaknight: ?
51. Tyser - :dedede:
52. Breezy - :ganondorf:
53. Shugo-Chan - :falco:
54. MaTTshield - :zelda: ?
55. CBK - :pikachu2: ?
56. Legan - :link2:
57. D. Disciple - :lucario:
58. Asdioh - :fox: / :kirby2:
59. Triple R - :kirby2:
60. Afrayail - :rob: ?
61. Ptato - :metaknight: ?
62. BPx - :metaknight:
63. Wang - :sonic:
64. Oro?! - :falco: ?
65. DLA - :ganondorf: ?
66. peacock50 - :marth: ?
67. spongejordan123 - :lucas: ?
68. yoshq - :luigi2:
79. Red Ryu - :lucario:
70. ClausBound - :lucas:
71. THuGz - :pikachu2:
72. Dark Kakashi - :pikachu2:
73-78. Iowa City Peeps that are showing up randomly
79-80. Soran's friends k
81. gantrain - :peach:
82. shelt - :wolf: / :diddy:
83. YOURENTIREFAMILY - :popo:
84. MaTTshield - :olimar:
85. Zash - :sheik:
86. Kirk - :ike: ?
87. Zeton - :fox:

. . .​

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Reserved for Results and Other fun things.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2raSdjpyxg?fs=1&hl=en_US&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2raSdjpyxg?fs=1&hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="30" height="25"></embed></object>

Don't like the music? You can turn it off.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Lol I think I may be the only one in IA that houses now on days ^.^

But yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be there and if everything works right I should be bringing 1 TV, 2 Wiis + Brawl.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Lol I think I may be the only one in IA that houses now on days ^.^

But yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be there and if everything works right I should be bringing 1 TV, 2 Wiis + Brawl.
I'd be stoked if someone else could house. I wish I could but I just can't.

@Composer: Dude...it's Iowa City on a Football game night, people will be drunk everywhere.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
BEST TOURNAMENT EVER EVERYONE SHOULD DEF GO

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Look at all the Ness mains. :laugh: But wow guys I'd be so happy if you could show up! smash64, anymore of the God Kais want to come?

Thanks to everyone for telling me in advance if you're going. Iowa guys...anyone else who can house?
If I have any kind of place by then which I should, I can house people. However, as I've said many times before-- due to complications with the football game of the century happening the same day, I'm not sure what I'll be doing or how long I'll be at the venue.

But I'll be able to host casuals the night before provided people bring full setups and whatnot.

BTW FYI: Yoshi is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom