• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Question of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Phanna's chart sucks, noone bases their opinions on it accept utter and total noobs. It was a worthy attempt but so much of that is wrong its not funny.

So your argument on the Phanna chart holds no water. Ask a pro what they think of the chart, hell go on the Hub and mention it, a lot of people will laugh at you.

Me and Gojira pretty much answered 56 as well.
I do agree with you that Phanna's chart is a little inaccurate, but the Bowser row is about right. I mean Bowser sucks against high tier and he pretty much sucks with low tier, maybe 2 or 3 matches in his favor...Maybe..

Redragon

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I do agree with you that Phanna's chart is a little inaccurate, but the Bowser row is about right. I mean Bowser sucks against high tier and he pretty much sucks with low tier, maybe 2 or 3 matches in his favor...Maybe..

Redragon
Phanna's chart is very inaccurate, for one thats based on Peak Metagame of i believe how many years ago? Compiled by mainly one person. Did he put a lot of work into it? Hell yea, is it remotely accurate, No.

Bowser is a terrible character, but he owns the bottom tier, thats truth. Cept again GaW is debatable

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Phanna's chart makes me laugh. It says that Ness beats the hell out of all low tiers inluding Luigi and Link (and they are mediocre). Mario has the advantage against Luigi (rofl). Other stupid stuff come up in the chart also, but I don't remember all since I don't care to memorize a chart that is wrong.

Let's just say that Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo are worse than Bowser. HOPEFULLY, we can all at least agree on that (even if Gimpy's chart is pretty accurate to me besides maybe Game and Watch).

Edit: Pretty sure that Yoshi owns Bowser in matchups KevinM.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Phanna's chart is very inaccurate, for one thats based on Peak Metagame of i believe how many years ago? Compiled by mainly one person. Did he put a lot of work into it? Hell yea, is it remotely accurate, No.

Bowser is a terrible character, but he owns the bottom tier, thats truth. Cept again GaW is debatable
Hmmm
He owns Link and Luigi??? I dont think so....
Maybe he has 2 or 3, maybe even 4 match-ups in his favor, but not more...

Redragon

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
NES Noob, i'm a huge Yoshi fan and i'll admit yoshi has some favorable match-ups but one thing holds him back, inability to jump out of shield... if he could do that, god knows where he would be.

Link i completely forgot about, but yea Link is pretty.. and by that i mean really good against Bowser :chuckle:

However Luigi is to limited in the air, i talked with Gimpy about this a while back, and he taught me what to look for.. trust me on this REDDRAGON, i would have agreed with you, but once i got taught what to look out for, Bowser is better then WEEG.. unless that weeg is Ka apparently :chuckle:

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Ahhh! I've been mislead then! I thought that this, "Phanna's Chart" was an official compilation of general statistics for character matchups! So apparently it was just one person who put it together. There goes its credibility. Forget anything I said using it to back my argument- it needs to have been assembled by a team of professionals to hold any water.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Low tier tourney? Use Luigi and Link. They own the low tiers so hard it's hilarious. I mean the top tier matchups are even worse and yet they already don't stand much of a chance against these two. It's sad really. :(
The best low tier character BY FAR is DK. He ***** all of low tier........i see 1 maybe two matchups the present small problems for him. He shoudl not even be in low tier.....I have been saying this for some time.

But this is all gettin off topic....the real question is......if Bowser is so bad why is their so much info saying otherwise?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Lots of things about Bowser actually seem to sound good in theory, actually. But **** if it doesn't suck in practice. Sometimes you hear good things about Bowser because Gimpy plays Bowser. And obviously, Gimpy is a deity. So everyone loves and worships Gimpy.

And I disagree. I hate DK. My least favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom