• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
A thread was recently made to illustrate the best players of each character in USA, Canada, and Mexico (NAFTA). Character mods have been contacted to make a PR thread in their respective character boards in order for the community to vote on a top 5 for their character. Each character mod will then report their results to the original thread.

I realize PR threads are a sticky subject, so please, no negative comments, ie "PR threads always sucks." If anyone posts in here something that's unproductive and off-topic and/or negative, I'll infract them.

Now that the obligatory mod speech is over with, I've been around you guys long enough to know you're all really chill and laid-back. So let's work together and make a list!

Here's the link to the original thread, to be updated when official results are compiled. I'll go ahead and lock this thread once we've come to a conclusion.

Flayl

Smash Hero
1. KingKong
2. (Limit, MrEh, Phiddlesticks)
3. (Limit, MrEh, Phiddlesticks)
4. (Limit, MrEh, Phiddlesticks)
5. (Kirk, Zigsta)

I haven't seen enough footage to be more accurate than that.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I've seen footage of Phiddle, Eh, and Zigsta before. All 3 look like solid candidates. Are you sure you wouldn't throw your name in there, Flayl? You seem like you'd be pretty beastly in tourney.

Flayl

Smash Hero
1. It's a NAFTA ranking. That means USA, Canada and Mexico only. Otherwise I would've thrown Ixis in there.

2. No, I'm not very good. I'm worse than high level players who play Bowser casually. You can't be a top player of your character if you still have difficulty with basic inputs over 2 years after the game has been out.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
1. It's a NAFTA ranking. That means USA, Canada and Mexico only. Otherwise I would've thrown Ixis in there.

2. No, I'm not very good. I'm worse than high level players who play Bowser casually. You can't be a top player of your character if you still have difficulty with basic inputs over 2 years after the game has been out.
Oops, I missed the NAFTA part. Fair enough on both accounts.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
In my opinion, the top Bowsers in NAFTA are:

1) KingKong
2) Limit/Zigsta
3) Limit/Zigsta
4) MrEh
5) Phiddlesticks

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
oh word, this again.

1. KingKong
2. Limit/Zigsta
3. Limit/Zigsta
4. MrEh
5. Phiddlybby

i'll put what i put in the thread here:

"to be quiiiiite honest, i really don't think i deserve to be on the list; i don't play that much and have limited time to do so b/c of academic issues and lack of vacations, but the boards still think of me as the 2nd/3rd best atm.."

because the number of bowser players we have can be counted on hands, which is sickening. but the gap between an excellent bowser and a decent one is pretty big, which is also saddening. i give zigsta the utmost respect for picking up bowser so quickly and doing pretty well so far, and kingkong is a work in himself. im glad i put him on the right path when i did lol. i remember when he used to main peach..and mreh is...trapped, and phiddlesticks has come back and has been doing very very well too.

with NAFTA in mind we're not really missing anyone else, i think we're the only 5 players in that area.

minus defender who i haven't heard too much of, and giga is coming back to brawl again but i don't think any of you guys know him (bowser in ohio)

what the ****? kirk still uses bowser? lmao

Flayl

Smash Hero
You two both really think you're on the same level?

Even after watching footage side-by-side? Even after considering what each of you has done in tournaments?

I'm bringing this up for the sake of accuracy, so please don't take offense.

Kirk still uses Bowser as a secondary, the reason I mention him is because he does OK in tournaments which is more than some Bowsers can say. I wish he had vids though.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
so..which one do you think is better? lol

i mean, the op put me before him so idk

i don't feel like arguing about if im better or not, im too lazy

but then again i can understand where you're coming from, i just read your list lol

B!squick

Smash Master
King Kong is obviously #1. I could argue for Zigsta or Limit, but majority has swayed my own opinion.

As for #2... I really want to say MrEh. When he's not messing around and just having fun, he's blowing my mind with just how awesome he plays when he wants to.

#3-5 I'm a bit murky on who I'd put where between Limit, Zigsta, and Phiddle.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
wait, so you'd argue for us on #1, but not #2?

confused black boy is confused

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I feel like Limit and I both play in a stronger and more diverse region than MrEh. As far as tournament placing goes, both Limit and I haven't been able to attend too many tournaments due to school johns, but I know both of us are planning on attending more tournaments than usual in the near future. Both of us have videos on Youtube against top nationally known players, which I feel speak for themselves.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I feel like Limit and I both play in a stronger and more diverse region than MrEh. As far as tournament placing goes, both Limit and I haven't been able to attend too many tournaments due to school johns, but I know both of us are planning on attending more tournaments than usual in the near future. Both of us have videos on Youtube against top nationally known players, which I feel speak for themselves.
Better have those vids up soon of our awesome doubles action.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm not even talking about the number of tournaments you both attended. You remember what project I'm running, right? I know what you've done so far.

If there were no decent Bowsers I wouldn't mind a bit of padding, but unfortunately you're putting yourself over people who deserve it. And that's why these threads suck. Even though I like the concept myself.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Better have those vids up soon of our awesome doubles action.
I think Leaf has them. They should be up pretty soon. They were fun, haha.

I'm not even talking about the number of tournaments you both attended. You remember what project I'm running, right? I know what you've done so far.

If there were no decent Bowsers I wouldn't mind a bit of padding, but unfortunately you're putting yourself over people who deserve it. And that's why these threads suck. Even though I like the concept myself.
Can't speak for Limit, but I know for me personally the past few tournaments I've entered I've either lost to some of Bowser's hardest MUs or to a character I have absolutely no MU experience. Take Phase, for example. Beat Holmes's Falco, a tough MU for Bowser, game 1, and then he beat me game 2 and 3 with his Wolf, a character I've just about never played against. Not a really good one, that is.

I hate to sound like I'm putting down on my fellow Bowser bros, but the fact that Limit and I have access to many top players puts us in a unique situation.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I've lost to Jash like every time I've been to a tournament. I always play him.

and Flayl you still haven't answered my question about which one you think is better, unless you still stand by the ranking you put up.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I wouldn't put that ranking up unless I thought it was close to the truth. I suspect you're a better player than MrEh and Phiddlesticks, but I haven't seen enough proof. You're just much more fluid and have tighter control than most Bowsers.

Zigsta: Not having experience isn't a good excuse for these kinds of rankings. Not having experience in a matchup is something that counts against you when ordering the best players of a character.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zigsta: Not having experience isn't a good excuse for these kinds of rankings. Not having experience in a matchup is something that counts against you when ordering the best players of a character.
Right. I'm just saying I've been unlucky recently in big tournaments and have been up against either really hard MUs or characters I don't have much experience with. That's one of the reasons I always get a bunch of MM/friendly sets recorded--I don't want my placings to make me seem like complete trash.

Flayl

Smash Hero
They don't, they just don't make you seem like the second best Bowser in North America.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if the match vs holme's falco game one was recorded - there would be no argument.

z00ted

I know nothing really about Bowser or how to critique him - but seriously every tournament I have seen Zigsta at in Texas they have had some extremely stacked players, and not only that really hard matchups.

Also Flayl matchup experience should be taken into consideration from both sides.

A prime example I can think of - KingToon vs KingKong

KingToon didn't know how to deal with Bowser's suicide move or whatever and he got ***** HARD because of it. I'm not saying the outcome would be different but im pretty sure it could have easily been.

KingToon wasn't immediately demoted to like 23rd best Toon Link or whatever we just realized he had a problem that match with a move in the game.

What Bowsers have you seen play besides Zigsta?
None, but I'm pretty sure I'd **** everyone of em because I have
"matchup experience".

Flayl

Smash Hero
Illmatic, what you're doing right now is what's often called "regional bias" and isn't helping Zigsta at all. It's great that you support him, but if you're not informed about what other Bowsers have done then I can't really put that much weight to your opinion. Not going to go into a full discussion, but KingKong has done much much more than just beating KingToon.

PS: Nobody has Bowser experience :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
this argument is ********

with the klaw, all you need to do is be in the percent/stock lead and press in the opposite direction. it's REALLY not that ****ing difficult, lmao.

it's KT's fault for either not knowing or just not paying attention to what was going on. he probably wasn't expecting kingkong to go for the suicide all 3 stocks, but he did, and that happened. that's the most i can say.

z00ted

Illmatic, what you're doing right now is what's often called "regional bias" and isn't helping Zigsta at all. It's great that you support him, but if you're not informed about what other Bowsers have done then I can't really put that much weight to your opinion. Not going to go into a full discussion, but KingKong has done much much more than just beating KingToon.

PS: Nobody has Bowser experience :p
i'm not bias towards my region.

have i ranked Zigsta? Nope. I'm just backing him up by saying he's an amazing Bowser.

this argument is ********

with the klaw, all you need to do is be in the percent/stock lead and press in the opposite direction. it's REALLY not that ****ing difficult, lmao.

it's KT's fault for either not knowing or just not paying attention to what was going on. he probably wasn't expecting kingkong to go for the suicide all 3 stocks, but he did, and that happened. that's the most i can say.

80% of the community knows this.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yes, he is "amazing", but there are better ones. which is why he's 3rd or w/e he is.

not to go off topic, but this ranking has brought up some thoughts in my mind, and it's kinda stupid to not include the other countries when we have quite a few bowsers that aren't in NAFTA.

so, if this did include other countries, where would ixis, flayl and others fit on this?

i'd be the better person and say ixis's #2. he also has more results than me -_-

B!squick

Smash Master
wait, so you'd argue for us on #1, but not #2?

confused black boy is confused
I was typing that post as I thought and when I decided on KK being #1 and moved on to #2, I couldn't imagine MrEh being lower than #2. *shrug*

He is pretty handicapped by being in Hawaii, though, I admit. But from what I've seen out of our comrads in the Pacific, doing well in Hawaii is nothing to sneeze at. They seem to have a very diverse roster of great players like MrEh and DarkMusician to name the only two I know off the top of my head. And let us not forget that MrEh did well against PhantomX and DEHF when they visited.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
i don't know...i mean, i dont wanna be regionally biased but again, like you said he is crippled by hawaii. theyre hella isolated and there's no real way to tell how he can actually do...but that's the case with every bowser except kingkong and vex in past years; we havent had time to actually prove ourselves in a big manner. so we're going off what we've seen so far, which is kinda blind-eyed.

like, people think i'm #2 because i have much tighter/more concrete control over bowser and i have smoother flow, but that doesn't mean much. i've been using bowser for much longer than zigsta, and with time he can be doing what i'm doing now.

i really don't think it's so much that i have tighter control and am more fluid than most so much as it is that i usually use the best move in each situation...

ugh i sound full of ****, i hate defending myself in these situations. i have a huge guilty conscience and i feel bad for everything. modesty is my wife

i can say that a year and more from now the ranking will be a lot easier to make between us, but it's kinda shaky to judge it at this point. no namesearch.

and i thought mreh said he got ***** by dehf...im confused again.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I agree completely. Creating a character PR is tough enough, but I think the Bowser community's one of the hardest to rank.

Limit, come to WHOBO!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
like, people think i'm #2 because i have much tighter/more concrete control over bowser and i have smoother flow, but that doesn't mean much. i've been using bowser for much longer than zigsta, and with time he can be doing what i'm doing now.
Well this PR is for how it is right now, right?
Also, did Vex actually pick up Bowser for LT's again, and in this case, doesn't he qualify for this PR?

Flayl

Smash Hero
i don't know...i mean, i dont wanna be regionally biased but again, like you said he is crippled by hawaii. theyre hella isolated and there's no real way to tell how he can actually do...but that's the case with every bowser except kingkong and vex in past years; we havent had time to actually prove ourselves in a big manner. so we're going off what we've seen so far, which is kinda blind-eyed.

i really don't think it's so much that i have tighter control and am more fluid than most so much as it is that i usually use the best move in each situation...

ugh i sound full of ****, i hate defending myself in these situations. i have a huge guilty conscience and i feel bad for everything. modesty is my wife

i can say that a year and more from now the ranking will be a lot easier to make between us, but it's kinda shaky to judge it at this point. no namesearch.

and i thought mreh said he got ***** by dehf...im confused again.
I count as a crowd now? My opinion is that good :p . Anyway yeah the ranking is definitely a "now" thing. Not having much to go on is why I have a three-way tie.

MrEh got destroyed by DEHF to the point where he believes Bowser is one of Falco's easiest matchups.

Volcanic Doomfire: Is that a question? Because as far as I know he hasn't played bowser in low tiers.

B!squick

Smash Master
Didn't you beat him once, MrEh? I consider that a success. I could probably play him while he's blind folded and still lose. And DEHF beat Brood at *insert tourny name here*, the Oli player everyone was meat riding for weeks for bumping M2K out, so just one win against DEHF automatically makes you legendary.

But you were right before Limit, it doesn't make much sense for me to consider you and Zig for #1 then bump you both down to #3. Alright, I guess MrEh for #4 for my list then.

Who do you think should be where, MrEh? Kidding aside.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yeah, I did take a game iirc.

I don't think I should even be on the PR because even though Hawaii is part of the US, any interactions we have with the rest of our country is pretty negligible. Even the West Coast, which is technically the region Hawaii is a part of, never even sees us.

It's just too hard to gauge how good I am compared to other Bowsers when I live so far away from the current metagame. Even if I am a talented player, I have no real way of proving it. Just for the sake of accuracy, it's better to just leave me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom