• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Was Almost Cut From Smash 4

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
We know what the point of Dark pit, that doesn't excuse the fact that it comes across as lazy work.

There is really no reason DP and Lucina and Doc couldn't be relegated to skins.

Personally out of the myriad of assist trophies that are I can't look to smash4 Roster and say "yes these clones surely deserve the spot over these guys."
That's a very silly claim.

Leaving them as skins rather than taking a couple of more hours to make them their own characters would have literally been even lazier.
They were never planned at the beginning and came up way after the implementation phase of the roster, most likely during the testing stages of Pit, Mario and Marth.

They didn't get in over anybody you can name, including the Assist Trophies, it's a misguided and ignorant notion to assume such a thing; they were merely conceived because they were convenient to do at the time of testing. They could have left them as alts but they said "why not let them be their own characters?" You are just point fingers for the sake of doing so but come across as ignorant instead.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
im happy bowser jr and the koopalings got some much-needed love for sakurai. even if you are indifferent to bowser jr you still got 7 koopalings to choose from for nostalgia :3 and the fact that they are all in a clown car is wonderful!!!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Look, I'm not gonna lie to you when I say this. Even though Rosalina will always be my all time favorite Mario character ever (mainly because of her background story and personality), I'm not too thrilled about her having a baby counterpart of herself. Just like Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, Baby Rosalina was just another random character Nintendo just threw in there just to expand the roster or whatever their reason was (the same applies with Pink Gold Peach).
I feel the same way about the baby characters. And on Rosalina's "personality", Bowser Jr's lends itself much better to a fighting game.

And to answer your question as to "Why I feel this way", Bowser Jr. has always been one of my least favorite Mario character ever mainly because of how much of a spoiled brat he is and I don't see him as much of a villain as his father is.
He's supposed to be a bratty kid...because that's kind of what he is. And of course he's not as big a villain as Bowser because he's his son. A future heir to the villain throne. lol

And what so unique about his gimmicky movesets when all he does is ride around in his little toy with gadgets
A Rosalina main calling another character's moveset gimmicky?

instead of fighting with his bare hands like the rest of the cast?
lmao!!!

This "first vehicle based fighter" is perhaps the main reason why I rarely see him online.
Probably because more people would rather use a "high tier" character and think their so skilled with her. Doesn't mean Jr didn't bring anything unique to the table though.

Again, this is just my opinion.
Ok.

Smallfry

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0189-8684-8327
This. Bowser Jr. + Toad = Mario main cast done

Rayman as DLC would be my Christmas

I still have confidence he will be
There are to many mario characters
sm4sh cuts
Dr. Mario
Lucina (replace with Lyn or Issac)
A pokemon besides Jiggly or Pika
also
SAKURAI ALWAYS HAS TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL 12 OR I WILL FLIP MY ****

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
There are to many mario characters
sm4sh cuts
Dr. Mario
Lucina (replace with Lyn or Issac)
A pokemon besides Jiggly or Pika
also
SAKURAI ALWAYS HAS TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL 12 OR I WILL FLIP MY ****
Why would Pokemon need to lose a rep? They already lost Squirtal and Ivysaur from Brawl and they're Nintendo's second biggest franchise. In total, they're at the same they were in brawl only now the game has even more characters.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I wish Isaac would have made it in ...That last paragraph made me sad.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Please stay relevant, Style Savvy. Because you seriously need a Smash Bros. rep. It'd easily be one of the most underrated, unexpected, well deserved, new IP inclusions to ever grace the series.

Also, I'm glad Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings made the cut. They're a very unique and fun addition, for sure. And more antagonists is always welcome in my book.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
so yeah, bowser junior almost didn't make it... better include 7 unique alternates because f*ck logic...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm so glad Bowser Jr. did make the cut, and managed to get all 7 Koopalings as alts. Still don't get why Peach's Daisy palette wasn't made into a true Daisy alt, but it's small potatoes.

I also love the fact that a lot(but not all) of Jr. fans are annoyed by his portrayal here with the Clown Car, whilst previous Jr. dislikers, adore his moveset.

I absolutely despised the idea of a paintbrush using/mini Bowser clone, but the Clown Car is incredible...although admittedly bonus points for not having to play as Jr to enjoy the moveset. Well done Sakurai, you managed to make me appreciate the Koopa prince.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So why don't you just add the cut characters in as DLC?
Also isn't there a NEW STARFOX GAME coming out? So why did Starfox go down in reps? Also I don't think he did a good job of dropping as few characters as possible of the cuts:wolf::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::popo: only:squirtle::ivysaur::snake: should have been dropped. Still nice that we got junior and the Koopalings, they are some of the newcomers I'm happy with.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Ulises

Smash Rookie
NNID
endermancrossing
bowser jr. well i forget he is even there most of the time.:substitute:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Wow... Of all the characters they could have added to Smash Bros, literally every fictional character out there owned by any company, Bowser Jr was the newcomer I wanted to be in the game the most. I suppose I got luckier than I originally thought.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
The Google translate is strong in this one :p
Honestly though, this was some nice info.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Ha ha, cute. Ah yes, the fan favorite Wii Fit Trainer, the character Sakurai put in literally because nobody asked for her.
That's it! Feel the burn!

Top Bottom