• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Videos thread

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I get it, but calling it a "shieldbreak setup" when it really won't work in an actual game is dishonest. It was funny to see but you'll just get stomped if you think it's a thing you can actually ever use.
Yeah I second this. I've tried this shield break set-up dozens of times and they have plenty of time after the explosion of up-b to roll out or just outright escape. However this set-up does break shields with one go, but it doesn't really matter since the set-up doesn't work in the first place.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I have problems with peach mainly
I have just this vid atm
https://youtu.be/iOvuxvmZ3l4

Btw, vicegrip, ive been trying to contact you to play online
Hmm it's very hard to give advice on this tbh. Not much really stands out but I do feel you may need to work on your movement game. You seemed to be very sluggish and it looked like you were fighting against the kart dash rather then working with it. This really becomes prominent when you do side-b --> u-air. You seem to delay your u-air a good amount after the essential hit and it leaves your options very open ended. Also your defense game could use some work, but that's really hard to get into atm.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
I mean I guess? But again, it relies of your opponent to be really bad and have no experience in the mu. Every character is fast enough to shield the up b and then chase your landing since the endlag once you hit the ground is so immense. And the hammer isn't actually that quick. It comes out on frame 8, meaning almost every character has something that can challenge it.

I get it, but calling it a "shieldbreak setup" when it really won't work in an actual game is dishonest. It was funny to see but you'll just get stomped if you think it's a thing you can actually ever use.

I've done this in actual matches :p Also I don't think I said it was a true shieldbreak setup.. just that it broke full shields, but if I did my mistake.

Just throwing it out randomly is a bad idea, I'll definitely agree with that. But in some sitautions if an opponent gets backed into a corner you can try to catch them off guard with it, and if they already have some shield pressure they can mess up and dodge early into the explosion.

You also have platforms, lag cancelling on the ledge, dodges, and other things to take into account when you're out of your kart. I've also seen this work in competitive matches here (albeit not often). Yes, this is a bit unreliable and won't work on opponents who know it can work. But with the shield stun, fast falling, and human error it can still prove useful and just the threat of the shield break can force people into bad positions. That Donkey Kong would have rolled right into the mechakoopa if he rolled forward and had nowhere else to go, so it could work in those situations. He was actually a pretty solid player.

Although I will agree, overall this is not really useful at a super high level. Very few things are.. more tricks are always nice to have though. Especially on a character like Bowser Jr. who thrives on being unorthodox.

Also, I don't mind people criticizing my videos at all. Good to hear feedback about if they actually work in competitive matches. I normally try to go over how useful things are in my video but this one was done rather quickly..

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
I have problems with peach mainly
I have just this vid atm
https://youtu.be/iOvuxvmZ3l4

Btw, vicegrip, ive been trying to contact you to play online
The issue with Peach is there's really no way to approach no floating and her forward air destroys Bowser Jr. The trick in that matchup is to space forward and back airs, they have enough disjointed range to get hits in. Other than that you're only real options are to try baiting into up tilt and upsmash or toss mechakoopa around if peach is camping. It's just so hard to get followups on peach, it's not a good matchup..

You can just stay away from Peach and try to force them to be the aggressor but it depends on the opponent.

I wish I had some tournament matches but I work full time.. I did run into a rather good Peach player the other day online and was adapting pretty well if you want to check out the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnY9wRKKm60&index=10&list=PL_wwQmQ_LyfEEF-X0MYB0Beh6bWMFc7XE

It's on FG unfortunately.. but one of the better Peach players I've seen on there and the video I was analyzing myself because I shouldn't have won :p

Based on your video you already have the right idea. It's just a tough matchup when you can't get under Peach. I'd definitely avoid the float more though, even OoS upsmash doesn't work on peach anymore with the shield stun.

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Not sure why there was no good kart explosion guides out there, so I decided to make one :)

Not the safest move, but one of our stronger KO options so definitely good to know the move inside and out.
Lol, unintentional puns are the best puns. :4lemmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RhQoJcZfY8

Reposting description from video:

First things to note about this move.
Getting hit out of it with certain attacks can cause you to fall helplessly. You also are left with only a body hitbox, meaning anything that hits you in this state will do increased (1.12x) damage. However, If you are hit by an attack with enough knockback OR stay in the air for long enough any additional inputs will reform your kart. Depending on you're opponent this may be inadvisable to use, but unless you are offstage it is rather difficult to get killed out of when used properly.

You can move behind the explosion, cover yourself with mechakoopas, land on or fall through platforms, use the hammer, or dodge instead of simply falling into the ground.. It's also possible to land near the ledge but facing away from it, this completely cancels the landing lag from your up b!

The falling kart does 5% damage but only causing flinching and is normally easy to escape the explosion afterwards. When used on the ledge or a prone opponent it can combo into itself, and any explosion hit can combo into the hammer. Landing the full combo can do up to 34% and is Bowser Jr's strongest KO option. Mechakoopas can also combo into the explosion or hammer making this move much easier to land.

Both the explosion and hammer of Abandon Ship are heavily affected by rage and stale moves. Even landing the falling kart will cause this move to stale, it is best saved for situations where you can KO or when the extra damage is guaranteed.

Delayed kart explosion?!

On many stages it is also possible to slide the falling kart along the ledge, this actually DELAYS the explosion a bit and can be used to catch many recoveries but requires precise positioning. From my testing the kart has to touch the ledge, but be mostly over the ledge which causes it to pause and then slowly tumble over the ledge.. This is much more effective on stages with walls or large ledges.

Landing on the ground also causes the clown kart to instantly explode. This is actually impossible to do yourself through fastfalling. However, Abandon Ship comes out extremely quickly and getting hit near the start of the move can cause you to hit the ground.

This will not work on most moves that hit you upwards, but in certain situations can be used as an unorthodox counter as the kart will instantly explode if you hit the ground. This is very situational but at high percents or with rage involved it can result in a KO. There are certain multi-hitting down aerials (Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Etc.) that this is rather reliable on.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
When I use up-special on the stage, it's usually on non-FD so I can edge-cancel the landing on a platform. And I also make sure to do it so my opponent is behind me since the hammer hitbox starts behind you really fast.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
When I use up-special on the stage, it's usually on non-FD so I can edge-cancel the landing on a platform. And I also make sure to do it so my opponent is behind me since the hammer hitbox starts behind you really fast.
Yeah I usually won't throw it out a lot in serious matches, but against certain opponents with poor recoveries it's a pretty safe and lazy edgeguarding option. That huge explosion covers a lot of options and can be placed close enough to the wall to be untechable. I've also lately been pulling off some footstool-dair resets-up b combos but you have a few other followups there as well.

I mostly keep it fresh for kart dash to up b hammer combo, but also makes a really good punish on anyone who throws smash attacks out while you're in the air. A lot of times I'll just use it for pressure and to annoy people if I already have mechakoopa out :p It still has it's uses at a higher level, just not a good direct attack.

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
I'm actually going to start testing out some more footstool jump setups and followups.. it's really easy to do at low percents with kart dash but I used to always go for full down airs.

If anyone has anything please let me know :) I know koopalings have a good jab reset but I can never set it up =/

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
First things to note about this move.
Getting hit out of it with certain attacks can cause you to fall helplessly. You also are left with only a body hitbox, meaning anything that hits you in this state will do increased (1.12x) damage. However, If you are hit by a stronger attack OR stay in the air for long enough any additional inputs will reform your kart. Depending on you're opponent this may be inadvisable to use, but unless you are offstage it is rather difficult to get killed out of when used properly.
I am 99% sure the amount of button input does not change if koopas get their kart back. also make sure to specify that it is due to knockback, and not damage when you say "stronger" attack.

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
I am 99% sure the amount of button input does not change if koopas get their kart back. also make sure to specify that it is due to knockback, and not damage when you say "stronger" attack.
? I just meant that you get the kart back when you press anything, you can get hit and not press anything and you're still out of your kart. :p

I'll fix up the other part though, thanks!

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
? I just meant that you get the kart back when you press anything, you can get hit and not press anything and you're still out of your kart. :p

I'll fix up the other part though, thanks!
Ahh, my misread.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Ahh, my misread.
No worries. It's little tricks like that and kart cancelling that make the character for me. Great aerials, but mostly just great mixups on approaches, good mobility, and mind games.

Honestly I'd rather have a more reliable upsmash over frame 10 first hit, or decent grabs over strong throws.. but oh well, at least the koopalings made the cut and have a unique and fitting playstyle :) I like being a fast tank. That's why Zard is my secondary :p

Last edited:

Weruop

Smash Ace
Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Greetings, Bowser Jr. board!

I've decided I'd upload a Bowser Jr. video of mine to this thread. As a side note: I don't actually main Bowser Jr., but I very much enjoy playing him during random occasions. I like to consider myself as a good Jr. player, but I've decided that you guys could decide that for me. Anyways, here you go. Have a splendid weekend!

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtd-8hsE5Ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1v_3vc9A6k

Here's some gameplay versus Shiny, a nearby Lucario in Washington who was able to take a match off Zero's Sheik in tournament about a month back. We matched on For Glory about 2 weeks ago and the connection was incredibly smooth and fun to play. Any comments ideas and input is appreciated!
Some nice traps and walling, Also some pretty good baits into smash attacks. Not sure why he just fell into that hammer at the end. It's kind of a scary matchup because of the difficulty KOing and ease in getting KOed by Lucario.. solid play on your end but he was terrible against mechakoopas :p A few times he could have grabbed the mechakoopa but just kind of floated around throwing out attacks and ended up getting hit with it.

A lot of people are still terrible at item control, particularly against mechakoopas because it's a weird item but I'm learning not to throw it out as much when people know how to fight against it

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, recently i placed fourth at a national tourney ( Costa Rica) here ( about 50 -60 entrants).

I am the Bjr. There were a couple of mistakes by me , such as not calculating / spacing well enough some offstage mechas and not tech' ing that spike but besides that i think it was decent. Match was very close and the greninja knew the matchup so i had to play extremely safe.

Mostly check 13:43, thats a 0 to 50% combo i landed taking advantage of the mecha.

P.D: its in spanish so you might want to mute it/ ignore the comments :p.

Last edited:

The_ToolBag

Smash Cadet
NNID
mr.kasabii7
Please Check out these matches and give me critiques. :4bowserjr: :)

Also, I make lots of mistakes, so if you see something that looks like a mistake, like unsafe spinnouts, you don't have to bring that up, But I do a lot of unsafe things and i have a hard time finding kills after some crazy percent combos, so please shoot me with your best advice.

CFL Weekly:

1. Winners 3 The Toolbag :4bowserjr: vs Blue Beast :4pit: (Florida's best Pit) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVI1VZb-XQ

2. Winners Quarters The Toolbag :4bowserjr: vs Dyr :4diddy: (One of our best players in FL so i get bopped) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KM40B5jqE

3. Losers The Toolbag :4bowserjr: vs Depth :4samus: (Best samus, and crew-mate, this guys says F tier?) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6cImVspIE

4. Doubles GF The Toolbag :4bowserjr: & Poltergeist :4yoshi: vs Brand :4rob: and Prince Ramen :4palutena: :
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifEG8sjZIZ8
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSLXSLyqZM

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I played the best player in my state yesterday in a Bo5. I lost 1-3, but I played out of my mind and I believe it's the best set I've ever played. Waiting for it to be uploaded

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ohhh can't wait to see it.

Still waiting on some critques from ViceGrip ViceGrip . He must be busy.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh can't wait to see it.

Still waiting on some critques from ViceGrip ViceGrip . He must be busy.

Hey man, yup I try and finish the write-up within a month when people ask me for critiques. Thanks for the patience, here ya go! Here's what I saw:

In general with your kart do you make sure to jump cancel every time? I thought I saw a couple in there that were not jump cancelled. The best way to improve the speed of your Jr. around the battlefield to to jump cancel every time you use kart (unless you have a specific spacing reason to use slower start-up version) and to cancel the kart from the air by using side b at JUST the perfect height above the ground so that you can land and kart immediately withoutt any reelback. It takes some practice but the speed you gain overall is definitely worth it.

at :29 you did Kart>uair to fair, but mewtwo was at a great % to do the full early % kart combo which is Kart>uair>uair>land to uair>fair.

at 1:29 you had a nice usmash read on his tech, perfect response, I think I woulda been looking for a jab lock opportunity after that nair but he did tech and teching in place is AWFUL in this game. When you tech you should always tech roll somewhere cause teching in place just sets you up to get hit...just like you did to him.

at 1:49 you should have been sharking his shield with two uairs to create pressure which may have lead to him being hit by either an uair or the mecha or both. I think you simply did a misinput here. In gernal though i think you need to work on your uair sharking game when someone is on a platform. When someone is on a platform every Jr. Should be able to pressure with at least 2 uairs in most situations like that. having a falling mecha in those situations (like this one) just adds ridiculous pressure that doesn't usually end well for them.

at 3:02 you had VERY nice usmash reads. You read his getup, then you guessed correctly that he was scared to getup and you read the roll. If you think they will jump from the ledge you can use fair to beat out that option as well. Jr. has one of the best, if not THE best ledge coverage options in the game. All of us can improve our ledge coverage game. (ledge coverage separate from edge-gaurding. Jr is good at that too but his ledge coverage is godlike if we can pull it off well like you did here).

at 7:09 you go for the kart to up B kill combo, however it is too early and didn't connect. Even if it did connect it wouldnt have killed. Always be aware of the %'s and when the combo works. However I can't fault you too much for going for it that early cause it's still good damage if the combo hits but doesnt kill. I tend to save that combo just for the kill tho so the opponent doesnt get too many chances to expect/survive the combo. If I think the combo won't kill, i just go for standard kart>uair hit that works at almost all %'s.

at 8:07 you should have pivot grabbed here.

at 9:01 you had very impressive followups. utilt is like the best option for additional followups after that low % kart>dair<fair/bair hits. Utilt followup only tends to reliably work on floatier characters and it is very DI dependent however. Other character you gotta end that combo with a jab or dtilt usually...or opt to kart at them again after the fair/bair hits to try and get something else going.

Overall very nice gameplay! General tips I have are that your up B's are good, however most of the time you land unsafely. I recommend not trying to gimmick people with hammer when trying to land safely back to the stage. When you up B, 90% of the time you should be looking for a stage ledge or a platform ledge to cancel on or land safely on. Also I think you use most of Jr's tools, however I do not think you utilize pivot throw enough (pivot grab is amazing on jr.), you do not use ariel spinout at all (at least in this set, look at 4:41 to see an opportunity you should have used ariel spinout to challenge his options there) and after you kill them experiment with regrabbing your mechakoopa so that the explosion won't hurt you. Sometimes that can lead to them being hit by the mecha explosion after the invincibility wears off and you don't have to worry about getting rid of it b4 it explodes.

Hope that helped! Sry I took so long, but yup i shoot for within the month when people ask me specifically.

Last edited:

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Recently I placed 5th at a fun 94 man tournament here in SoCal that featured Fatality!

Here is the Challonge: http://challonge.com/2GGTFS

Here is a cool article about it: http://2ggaming.com/2ggt-fatality-saga-recap/

And here are the 3 videos that were recorded of my gameplay there:

1. Me vs Tyrant (rank #2 Metaknight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE2LHDLNbMM

2. Me vs Xzax ( rank 13 fox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680fTmyhyJA

3. Me vs Cacogen (rank 1 Washington Sheik)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lpWyB1mFoI

^^^^^^^^^Everyone PLEASE watch from 5:15-5:22. This is my new true combo technology I've been working on. It kills at about 45-55% on most characters. It's amazing lol.

also here are two bonus videos that are from past tournaments that i saw just got uploaded.

1. Me vs Angbad (rank 12 olimar). It's a good 5 game set with a shield break at 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_3pI54bPGY

2. Me vs Therealmonkey (Villager)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Bi89oDuck

enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Hey man, yup I try and finish the write-up within a month when people ask me for critiques. Thanks for the patience, here ya go! Here's what I saw:

In general with your kart do you make sure to jump cancel every time? I thought I saw a couple in there that were not jump cancelled. The best way to improve the speed of your Jr. around the battlefield to to jump cancel every time you use kart (unless you have a specific spacing reason to use slower start-up version) and to cancel the kart from the air by using side b at JUST the perfect height above the ground so that you can land and kart immediately withoutt any reelback. It takes some practice but the speed you gain overall is definitely worth it.

at :29 you did Kart>uair to fair, but mewtwo was at a great % to do the full early % kart combo which is Kart>uair>uair>land to uair>fair.

at 1:29 you had a nice usmash read on his tech, perfect response, I think I woulda been looking for a jab lock opportunity after that nair but he did tech and teching in place is AWFUL in this game. When you tech you should always tech roll somewhere cause teching in place just sets you up to get hit...just like you did to him.

at 1:49 you should have been sharking his shield with two uairs to create pressure which may have lead to him being hit by either an uair or the mecha or both. I think you simply did a misinput here. In gernal though i think you need to work on your uair sharking game when someone is on a platform. When someone is on a platform every Jr. Should be able to pressure with at least 2 uairs in most situations like that. having a falling mecha in those situations (like this one) just adds ridiculous pressure that doesn't usually end well for them.

at 3:02 you had VERY nice usmash reads. You read his getup, then you guessed correctly that he was scared to getup and you read the roll. If you think they will jump from the ledge you can use fair to beat out that option as well. Jr. has one of the best, if not THE best ledge coverage options in the game. All of us can improve our ledge coverage game. (ledge coverage separate from edge-gaurding. Jr is good at that too but his ledge coverage is godlike if we can pull it off well like you did here).

at 7:09 you go for the kart to up B kill combo, however it is too early and didn't connect. Even if it did connect it wouldnt have killed. Always be aware of the %'s and when the combo works. However I can't fault you too much for going for it that early cause it's still good damage if the combo hits but doesnt kill. I tend to save that combo just for the kill tho so the opponent doesnt get too many chances to expect/survive the combo. If I think the combo won't kill, i just go for standard kart>uair hit that works at almost all %'s.

at 8:07 you should have pivot grabbed here.

at 9:01 you had very impressive followups. utilt is like the best option for additional followups after that low % kart>dair<fair/bair hits. Utilt followup only tends to reliably work on floatier characters and it is very DI dependent however. Other character you gotta end that combo with a jab or dtilt usually...or opt to kart at them again after the fair/bair hits to try and get something else going.

Overall very nice gameplay! General tips I have are that your up B's are good, however most of the time you land unsafely. I recommend not trying to gimmick people with hammer when trying to land safely back to the stage. When you up B, 90% of the time you should be looking for a stage ledge or a platform ledge to cancel on or land safely on. Also I think you use most of Jr's tools, however I do not think you utilize pivot throw enough (pivot grab is amazing on jr.), you do not use ariel spinout at all (at least in this set, look at 4:41 to see an opportunity you should have used ariel spinout to challenge his options there) and after you kill them experiment with regrabbing your mechakoopa so that the explosion won't hurt you. Sometimes that can lead to them being hit by the mecha explosion after the invincibility wears off and you don't have to worry about getting rid of it b4 it explodes.

Hope that helped! Sry I took so long, but yup i shoot for within the month when people ask me specifically.
Thanks mate now I have something I can work on as i play you don't know how much I appreciate this. Also is there a guaranteed way to get mech--->footstool? I've been experimenting with it and that was one of the few times I actual could land it properly.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Hey ViceGrip ViceGrip , when my set gets uploaded to YouTube, may I get critique as well? I am always open for criticism as I am constantly looking to improve.
Ya sure thing! lemme know when it's up.

Thanks mate now I have something I can work on as i play you don't know how much I appreciate this. Also is there a guaranteed way to get mech--->footstool? I've been experimenting with it and that was one of the few times I actual could land it properly.

Np. Also footstool with jr in singles is really meh cause his footstool jump is way to high to get anything off of a single footstool. you usually need some ridiculous setup like This : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7g7o7CRJs&app=desktop
to get anything going.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Ya sure thing! lemme know when it's up.
Here it is. I definitely do a lot of unsafe things, especially like how I lost the last game. This is against the #1/#2 player in the state. (Him and another guy keep switching on the PR)

Last edited:

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/Hui81YsPlGQ so my friend was trying out bowser Jr and then I started linking a bunch of up air's to up tilts until he got to 61% and I failed to link anything else. Not sure if this is a true combo but I just thought it was pretty cool. (Chain starts at around 1:15)

wdphx

Smash Rookie
Not professional quality content by any standard, but here is a match on For Glory vs some Cloud guy. I had a fortunate string of actions that lead to a 0-51% death for cloud in the first 20 seconds and then a cool footstool at the end. I have been working on off stage fighting so I was pretty happy about that Abandon Ship spike. Always open to criticism ! Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2DOcv_o0dM

Last edited:

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Hey all,

I would appreciate if anyone could watch two sets of mine and let me know of any habits I may not see or situations in which I could've chosen better options. Really anything if the sort. The VOD is from a local I attended about a month ago in NY.

https://youtu.be/26lLah_Djac

First set is vs Opana (Gdorf) and begins at 33:10.
Second set is against Calm (Mario) and begins at 1:21:24

Thanks

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Yo Toxin21 Toxin21 I think we're both from Puerto Rico but haven't met yet. My tag is Zyko but I'm known from the melee community. I made it to top 8 on First attack last year. I'll try to be more active with sm4sh this year as well.
I saw your matches vs Kraven (right?) so here are some tips:

Whenever you're getting up tilt juggled at low %'s by brawler, Mario, Fox or whoever you can break through that combo by holding down and mashing A. You'll dair > fair them before they can rack more dmg on you. Snailtopus Snailtopus ^ this might help you too ;)

Work on your movement. Shield stops, perfect pivot, RAR, dash dance, fox trot, trot dance, hammer edge cancels, glide toss, etc. Better movement provides you more tools to improve your spacing. With Jr you want to wall out your opp until they whiff something out you can punish with a beeffy combo.

When you're across the stage from your opp do not down b towards them. That's giving them stage control plus a free MK. You should MK to the edge so you can catch it before your opp does or they will deal with you + the MK if they attempt to fight up close.

Stay mobile. There were several situations were you stood still. That is not good. You need to put a wall out or safely drop an MK or regain stage control.

You were getting punished alot by doing unsafe fairs on shield. You need to retreat while attacking if you don't want them to punish your landing. I've personally change c-stick to attack, that helps me to fade back further while throwing out my fairs.

Nair OoS is good to escape pressure but keep in mind that you'll have to deal with the landing lag. Go for it if you know it will hit or if you'll SH off a platform. Full jump Nair if you're not sure you'll hit them with Nair so you have plenty of time to do something else before landing.

If you're racing to the ledge to get a stage spike, keep in mind that the quickest move for that is Nair.

Always be wary of your opponent's percentages so you know which gear to use with side B and which move will connect afterward. If you're not sure how heavy your opponent is go to training mode vs that char and test what works at what percentage.

That's all for now. I hope we can ditto soon.

Last edited:

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Looking to get critiqued also. Here are some clips from a tournament i went to. Warning, audio is kind of messed up. I'll be posting vids from the second tournament i went to in same weekend whenever it gets uploaded.

Vs Yoshi/Metaknight
Vs Luigi/Shiek
Vs Cloud

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Though it doesn't exclusivly feature Bowser Jr a good chunk of it does, enjoy.

Top Bottom