• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. trailer

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Fresh out of the most recent Nintendo direct.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Personally, this was probably my favorite trailer (even better than the Robin/Lucina one). The best part was when the Koopalings appeared.

EDIT: Bonus official artwork

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Best trailer so far, I love it!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Apparently his trailer is named "The Future King". So good! IMO Bowser Jr's trailer was the best one so far. I am so happy!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I loved Bowser Jr's trailer! So amazing with Bowser Jr being awesome, him fighting the smash gang. The koopalings showing up with Mario's shocked expression. So glorious. <3

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I loved it, but I'm admittedly pretty biased. Bowser Jr is my favorite Nintendo character. I was worried yesterday that this would be some kind of weird shared trailer between Bj and Duck Hunt, with the latter turning the tables and saving the day in the second half of the trailer, but today I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did they give the full trailer's attention to Bj (and the koopalings) but they really make him look good. He faces down a gang of heroes (more than I think anyone else has faced in their trailers, and by his awesome little self) who are too scared of him to do much, and when they do he still comes out on top. Then the koopalings show up and by the end of the trailer... I mean that last shot just... It's like the bad guys won. Very different from the "looks like team rocket's blasting off again" fate I was expecting Bj to get. I'm glad though. He's da bestest.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's still not as good as Robin/Lucina's or Rosalina's but the stare down between Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings and the six fighters featured in it was really mind blowing.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, notice how it's in the same setting as the Mega Man reveal, I guess that rock was true.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Best trailer by far

Only one that actually kicked ass (Mega Man got his ass kicked first :^) )

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Dammit, why aren't the Koopalings this threatening in the Mario games? Awesome trailer. Also, am I hearing a dramatic chorus in the Airship remix in the beginning? Is that just me or is it toned down or what?

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I just realized something...

I've always wondered why Bowser abandoned his original children for Bowser Jr., but during BJ's Smash trailer, I noticed for the first time that he has little nubs where horns are starting to grow. The Koopalings show no signs of growing horns.

Could it be that, in Koopa culture, one must have horns in order to rule, therefore Bowser Jr. is the rightful heir to the throne, despite being the youngest? That would also explain why his father named him after himself.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I just realized something...

I've always wondered why Bowser abandoned his original children for Bowser Jr., but during BJ's Smash trailer, I noticed for the first time that he has little nubs where horns are starting to grow. The Koopalings show no signs of growing horns.

Could it be that, in Koopa culture, one must have horns in order to rule, therefore Bowser Jr. is the rightful heir to the throne, despite being the youngest? That would also explain why his father named him after himself.

I believe the present canon is that the Koopalings are just henchmen anyway, not Bowser's sons (unfortunately)

hat being said, the trailer was amazing! The part with the Koopalings popping up behind the rock in formation graces my desktop screen now :D

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
First off:

Bowser Jr. is just a boss in this part. :laugh:
Second off, it looks like this place is in the area where Megaman was revealed. Some think that Bowser Jr. made a cameo in the Megaman trailer.
http://playstationallstars.wikia.com/wiki/File:VacScnNh.jpg
(I have no idea why that was in the PAS wiki. :p )
You guys think this was a coincidence or...?

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
HOLY MOTHER OF BOWSER JR. That was awesome for a character that has been confirmed for almost a month!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
In the CGI part of the trailer the Koopalings are seen in their original sizes. But in the Wii U gameplay Roy is still sick and Lemmy is still buffed... though I could swear Morton looks a bit bigger on the Wii U than on the 3DS?.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
The only way I'd enjoy this trailer more was if Bowser actually made an appearance, maybe with Jr saving him and keeping his promise of fighting Mario when he grew bigger from Sunshine.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I really enjoyed this trailer a lot. It didn't surpass Robin's for me, but I didn't expect Robin at all, whereas Jr I already knew about and played as. Wish that it had been a surprise before the leaks happened. Like, I'd have preferred Rosalina to be an unlockable and switched them. Nothing wrong with Rosalina but she provided no hype for me last year whereas this would have

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Never before was Bowser Jr. considered badass.

But there's a first for everything.

Top Bottom