• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser in Brawl+... bad character? Or the worst character?

B!squick

Smash Master
B+ Bowser, like the rest of the B+ really has no choice BUT to be aggressive.

In turn, Bowser will more than likely lose out due to his epic hurt box and the shield stun dooming him to fail.

You can mess with lag and whatnot all you want, but it still does nothing for his size which actually feels like a liability. In vB it was okay. In B+ it's really not.

Ismael

Smash Ace
B+ Bowser, like the rest of the B+ really has no choice BUT to be aggressive.

In turn, Bowser will more than likely lose out due to his epic hurt box and the shield stun dooming him to fail.

You can mess with lag and whatnot all you want, but it still does nothing for his size which actually feels like a liability. In vB it was okay. In B+ it's really not.
I get it. And now I understand what KB meant by him going back to low tier and sucking.

Brawl+ is meant to give Brawl a more Melee feel. And Melee was pretty much offence and nowhere near as much defence as you see in regular Brawl. Bowser isn't fast offencively or anything like that. And we all know that Bowser sucked hard in Melee. So it makes sence.

But unlike Melee Bowser, Brawl Bowser has things that aren't good in a Melee-like enviornment such as his new upb slide. So he seems to fail extra hard. Hmm...

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Bowser is brawl is like a double- edged sword, He got nerfs in some parts and buffs in other areas. Example is side- b lagless claw.

shanus

Smash Hero
For the record, I think Brawl+ is fun. Great for friendlies and such. Hitbox editing aside, the only viable thing I can think of is buffing his attack speed. (and a couple other things) Just some suggestions from me, whether or not it's integrated is up to the team. (supporting you guys 100% btw)

- Make his tilts and aerials faster and slightly less laggy. Without hitbox editing, this is the most useful thing I can think of at this time. Faster attacks helps Bowser be somewhat more competitive.

- Make Fsmash have more knockback. There's no need to speed it up or decrease the lag. It's meant to be a high risk/reward move anyway.

- Make the Fortress slightly stronger and less laggy. Melee Fortress was hilariously awesome.

- Do both hits of the Bowser Bomb actually combo in Brawl+? I never bothered to check. If it does, then SWEET. If not, then make it happen. ^^

- Once you guys figure out how to edit hurtboxes, make Bowser's Fortress have invincibility frames from frame 1-6, instead of the usual frame 1-5. That will make the Fortress so much better.
My current patchnotes:
-Bowser Utilt on frame 13, 1.5x faster
–Bowser ALR set to 40% (ALR = aerial lag reduction)
-Bowser has 50% less lag on up+b landing

Don't have a code to edit move specific knockback yet.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I will not hesitate to bow down to the man who figures out that code.
I think that would be Almas who is working on that one.

Btw, i played with the new bowser today. He doesn't seem too bad. The tilt speeds r nice and he can actually do a few combos. His lag reduction at 40% now and his much less laggy up b are also great adjustments to his game. I think people will enjoy the new brawl+ bowser.

B!squick

Smash Master
I think that would be Almas who is working on that one.

Btw, i played with the new bowser today. He doesn't seem too bad. The tilt speeds r nice and he can actually do a few combos. His lag reduction at 40% now and his much less laggy up b are also great adjustments to his game. I think people will enjoy the new brawl+ bowser.
Seems good. When I have the time I'll give the new codes a run.

Also, is there a place I can go to, you know, play people who have Brawl+?

B!squick

Smash Master
Another question: Who's your go to guy in the back room when it comes to decisions about Bowser? Or is it a group effort from people I've yet to see post anywhere on the Bowser board besides this topic? lol

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Im not in the backroom. So i'm not exactly sure but i believe it is mostly Shanus and the Cape along with others giving suggestions.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is fine in B+

I main him in both vBrawl and B+. He plays much different in B+ then vBrawl. This is probably why people think he "sucks"

Also, U Tilt is fine. Leave it alone! Either replace it with the old D Tilt buff (Bowser Dtilt on frame 27, 2x faster) or add the D Tilt buff back in.

I really don't use Fortress in B+ much. And I still win games without it. Bowser just simply plays differently. D Air in B+ is AMAZING. It combos to F Tilt, and F Smash with mindgames.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bah, I haven't been playing much Brawl period lately and I've been procastinating getting the update for B+ since the only person I have to play against isn't very good, works around 40 hours a week, and hasn't exactly been begging me to play B+.

All in all, I'm just going to leave Brawl+ alone for now. Good luck with the project and good luck working on Bowser. When you get close to a final product I may look into it again, especially if it gets popular. For now, I'm gonna focus on finishing Super Mario RPG. :)

storm92

Smash Ace
The new Bowser seems to be great in B+ (the one used on the beta codesets), from what I've found.
Fsmash's power finally does the move justice, the fire is better and more useful, and overall he's seems like a perfect tanking character, which is nice in B+ due to a lot of the cast being combo-heavy and super aggressive.
Also, the semispike Bair again is just great for edgeguarding.

Top Bottom