• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Complete Information Totally 100% Cold, Hard RAW DATA-Added DA and all tilts

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
This thread is a referendum of all things Bowser, as far as data goes. This includes:

Speshul Termz:

Asynchronous Timer: The frames from the moment you inputted a command. Say you press A for an ftilt, and in the code there is an asynchronous timer for 10 frames. This means 10 frames two wait after it is input.

Synchronous Timer: The frames counted from the spot in the code in which this is place. Say theres an asynchronous for 10 frames, and a synchronous timer for 3 frames. The total would be 13 frames.

Base Knockback: This is the knockback given to a move regardless of the percent a target has. This is evident in up throw especially, as they are always thrown pretty high even at 0%.

Knockback Growth: This is where most moves specialize in. The knockback here scales with the percent the enemy has.

Weight Knockback: I'm not exactly sure on what this is for; however, I believe it's used on moves that require a certain amount of knockback to work correct (Bowser's down b for example; it always needs to hit a certain amount to not be utterly broken (bad broken)) It seems to balance the distance taken between lightweights and heavyweights.

Trajectory: The angle at which a move knocks you back. It is listed in degrees. The trajectory "361" degrees is a generic kind of angle; it launches you forward, at a medium height. It's used for some of Bowser's moves.

Bone: This is where a hitbox is placed on Bowser. The bones are as follows:

Code:
Hip - 7
Left Leg - 8
Left Knee - 9
Left Foot - 10
Left Toe - 11
Left Toe 1st - 12
Left Toe 2nd - 13
Left Toe 3rd - 14
Right Leg - 15
Right Knee - 16
Right Foot - 17
Right Toe - 18
Right Toe 1st - 19
Right Toe 2nd - 20
Right Toe 3rd - 21
Shell - 22
Shell Center - 23
Shell Body - 24
Shell - 25
Tail - 26-29
Waist - 30
Bust - 31
Front Shell - 32
Left Shell - 33
Left Shoulder - 34/35
Left Arm - 36
Left Hand - 37
Left Pinky - 38/39
Left Ring - 40/41
(No Middle Finger)
Left Index - 42/43
Left Have - 44
Left Thumb - 45/46
Left Ring - 47/48
Nape? - 49
Neck - 50
Head - 51
Hair - 52
Left Horn - 53
Mouth - 54/55
Nose - 56
Right Horn - 57
Front Ring - 58
Right Shell - 59
Right Shoulder - 60/61
Right Arm - 62
Right Hand - 63
Right Pinky - 64/65
Right Ring - 66/67
Right Index - 68/69
Right Have - 70
Right Thumb - 71/72
Ring - 73/74
Waist - 75
Throw - 76
(bone list credit goes to rocketPSIence and anyone else on the bone collab, though I had to convert it to decimal.. >>)

Hitbox Size: It is what it is. It's the size of the hitbox attached to a bone.

Attributes (run speed, jump height, etc)
Moveset Data, which means:
-Frames
-Knockback
--Base KB
--Growth KB
--Weight KB
-Full rundown of moves, as their sequence is in their .pac file (meaning straight from the game, no bs, etc).

Attributes:

Walk Speed (initial): 0.03
Walk Acceleration: 0.05
Walk Speed: 0.8

Initial Dash Speed: 1
Max Dash Speed: 1.527

Jump Startup: 8 Frames

I just put in the most important attributes. Many of the others seem very specific and aren't necessarily useful (though if I'm up to it I may do it anyway).
I already have an Excel sheet listing all 3 kinds of KB's for the moves. It will be uploaded shortly after this posting. But here is an image for accessibility:

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b9c80085ec73665fed24a2875c7fa58ee04e75f6e8ebb871 For current Excel doc.

--MOVE RUNDOWN--

-----Jab 1-----
-The hit box appears at what seems frame 6. The coding is as follows:
--Asynchronous Timer: 5 Frames
--(undecipherable commands here)
--Offensive collision, aka hitbox.
-There is then a synchronous timer lasting 3 frames. This means the hitbox for jab 1 stays out for 3 frames.
--The collisions are then terminated after those 3 frames.
-An asynchronous timer is set for 10 frames. That means one frame after the collision is terminated the sequence is continued.
-After the asynchronous timer, a Random Access Bit variable (16) is set. This is the variable that permits jab 1 to link into jab 2.
--This means that jab 2 can be inputted at frame 11 at the earliest.

-----Jab 2-----

-Jab 2's hit box is reached on frame 8.
--The earliest time you can get both jabs is about 19 frames.
--Jab 2 stays out for three frames.
-The lag from jab 2 is 25 frames.

-----Dash Attack-----

Dash Attack's hitbox appears at the 10th frame.
This first hitbox stays out for 4 frames.
On frame 15, the second hitbox appears.
The second hit lasts for six frames.
On frame 22, we have 33 frames of lag starting.
In total, dash attack has 55 frames of lag.

-----Forward Tilt-----

There is a timer for 9 frames, and after there is a strange parameter which I do not know. For anyone interested, its offset is 06080200.
Hitbox is reached on frame 10.
Oddly, one of ftilt's hitbox id's (2) has a z offset of 7, meaning it hits in the z axis a little bit. But.. more oddly is the y offset (how far a hitbox is transitioned vertically from the character) is... 71581.79. A normal Y offset is like... 7 or 5 or so. ?
5 frames after the hitbox is reached, another weird parameter and the hitbox is terminated.
21 frames of lag follow that for a total of 37 frames.

-----Up Tilt-----

7 frames of startup, then the same odd parameter as in ftilt come up, though with different values.
Hitbox comes out on frame 8.
This hit box stays out for 6 six frames.
Another odd parameter, then the collisions are terminated.
36 frames of lag, 50 frames total.

-----Down Tilt-----
9 frames startup, some more weird parameters (2 in fact)
Hitbox on frame 10.
Yet another weird value. Dtilt's hitboxes have 71581.79 as their z offset. Wtf?
First claw swipe stays out for 3 frames.
On frame 19, more weird parameters.
Frame 20, the hitbox appears.
Swipe 2 also stays out for 3 frames.
21 frames of lag.
45 total frames.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Yup, all this stuff is coming from PSA as well. I plan to add, uh... Size, bone, and other such technical things. A bone list will be provided made by some dude I'll credit later. Some of this stuff may not actually be useful practically, but you never know when we'll need it.

Also, does anyone have a way to easily show an excel file over a forum? Not copy and pasting, of course; that screws up all of the formatting.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
MAJOR UPDATE : Added the image of the newest Excel doc. Added tripping etc. Not exactly sure what to add next... I may do a run down of jab 1 and jab 2.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Since I personally don't know what weight knockback is, maybe some clarification could be added there, and a bit of info on what each catergory is and how it affects the move could be added to the thread too. Move rundown is a great idea Liquid, good work on this, keep it up.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Thanks, Alfa. For the moment, added weight knockback, and the two timers. I'll clarify on some of the other values later when I get home.

Also, the kitty corp site is down, so I'll try to get the bone list later as well. =[

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
This thread is growing into extreme glory. Thanks Liquid!

What would be really cool would be some hard data for priority on Bowser's attacks as compared to other characters not using swords.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
This thread is growing into extreme glory. Thanks Liquid!

What would be really cool would be some hard data for priority on Bowser's attacks as compared to other characters not using swords.

This is a good suggestion.. and may make me motivated for something.

To do this I would need to know the other character's bones (not a problem), their hitbox size (still, not a problem), and how the hitbox size is calculated from the decimal value (thats where it would get complicated). From there I could use the damage and other factors to calculate some definite number of priority for moves.

OF course, I'd have to make an index for moves etc, but that formula thing for the hitbox size is kinda pushing me off. Lmao

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
I have 1 question and 2 suggestions:

What does the bizzare y offset for Ftilt mean? that the/a hitbox actualy appears 79 units above bowser rather than the usual 7 (or whatever is supposed to be usual for bowser)?

I think dtilt has such a huge z offset because bowser's movement is blatantly in the z axis (I mean, he swipes into and out of the screen), maybe it was put there for the sake of completion...
Concerning the weird parameters, maybe it's about moving bowser's bulk during the move. For example, bowser does rear back a bit when performing ftilt, so maybe it's about moving the model on top of the animation... I suppose we'd have to wait for fsmash data.

isn't priority, appart from transcendental priority, only a matter of damage percents?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I have 1 question and 2 suggestions:

What does the bizzare y offset for Ftilt mean? that the/a hitbox actualy appears 79 units above bowser rather than the usual 7 (or whatever is supposed to be usual for bowser)?

I think dtilt has such a huge z offset because bowser's movement is blatantly in the z axis (I mean, he swipes into and out of the screen), maybe it was put there for the sake of completion...
Concerning the weird parameters, maybe it's about moving bowser's bulk during the move. For example, bowser does rear back a bit when performing ftilt, so maybe it's about moving the model on top of the animation... I suppose we'd have to wait for fsmash data.

isn't priority, appart from transcendental priority, only a matter of damage percents?
For the question:

Im.... Not really sure exactly. It's incredibly weird, I had to take a double take when I first saw it.

you're probably right about dtilt.

As for the parameters, I don't think that is why. The hit box is attached to the assigned bone for the move, and it follows that. The lean back is just in the animation Bowser has. Perhaps it has something to do with how Bowser's hand increases in size during it.

Actually, I do think that is it. It increases during his up tilt too. Dtilt as well...

As for priority, it is a combination of damage and range. That's why I said I technically already had it, lulz.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
This is a good suggestion.. and may make me motivated for something.

To do this I would need to know the other character's bones (not a problem), their hitbox size (still, not a problem), and how the hitbox size is calculated from the decimal value (thats where it would get complicated). From there I could use the damage and other factors to calculate some definite number of priority for moves.

OF course, I'd have to make an index for moves etc, but that formula thing for the hitbox size is kinda pushing me off. Lmao

Top Bottom