• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Board Interview Thread

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Favorite movie ever?

Sexiest thing you've ever done with Bowser?

Best quote ever?

Why start a low tier + lowest mid tier project?

Thoughts on Xyro?

Is Gnes better than ADHD?

How awesome is namesearch baiting?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Favorite movie ever?

Best quote ever?

Thoughts on Xyro?

yes. do tell

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Who are the top players over in Portugal, and how do you feel they would do at a US national?

What's the style of Portugal Brawl compared to the US?

How much Brawl gameplay videos do you watch?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How awesome is Phiddlestick's trolling on a scale of 1 to 10?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
How awesome am I on a scale of 1-10?

What Bowsers do you enjoy watching?

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
When Meta Knight at 100+% dair camps, do you:

A) Stand still and lol.

B) Pivot walk back and forth and lol.

C) Count jumps, approach, UTilt, GG.

D) All of the above?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
What's it like living in Portugal?
It's okay. I'd rather live in the USA, but friends, family and lack of an income tie me here.

Are Portuguese chicks hot?
Some are. Best examples I can remember at the moment are (in no order): Cláudia Vieira, Helena Coelho, Marisa Cruz and Isabel Figueira. IMO the Spanish women are hotter on average.

Why Bowser?
He's my favorite Nintendo character in the Brawl roster. I love using characters that have both the literal and the less literal meaning of power. The dude's a hulk that commands a loyal army of monsters. His ego is the cherry on top: I loved the way he was portrayed in Bowser's Inside Story.

What smasher would you want to meet the most?
Noone in particular, maybe the whole United Kingdom crew? It'd be nice to play someone who doesn't speak broken english.

How do you think Bowser mains are progressing after Vex quit him?
Very slowly. Although I think it was already like that before Vex quit him.

Who do you see as the next national Bowser?
National as in "places well in national sized tournaments", or national as in American-only? If it's the former, KingKong. If it's the latter MrEh, Limit and Zigsta come to mind.

Blonde's or brunette's?
Brunettes. I wouldn't hold that against the blondes though (or maybe I would nowaddamean nudge nudge say no more).

Favourite food?
Variety. If that doesn't count, I'm going to say the Portuguese cozido.

How's your life going outside of smash?
Okay-ish. See follow-up questions for details on why.

What is Love?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

What do you do for a job?
I'm currently trying to get a job as a web programmer.

Any special talents?
Does taking the initiative for unimportant matters and procrastinating everything else count?

How tall are you?
Roughly three fifths the size of my ego.

Favourite artist/band?
In the 90's it was Soundgarden. They've recently reunited but I've yet to see if they can still rock as hard as before. Other bands I really enjoy are Mastodon, Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers and classic metal/hard rock bands such as AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Megadeth (which is the one whose recent work pleased me the most), Metallica and Motörhead. I also really enjoy listening to videogame songs/remixes, as well as the occasional classical and jazz.

Sexiest accent?
In english? I'm going to say Russian.

Where would you take me on a first date?
The hospital.

What's one reason Portugal is amazing (besides you being there )?
Beaches.

What's one reason Portugal is lame.
Taxes.

Do you follow any sports?
No, I tried but I get bored very quickly.

Do you play any sports?
The occasional football (the one where you actually play with your feet), swimming and chess but not much of any of them.

What colour (it's how we spell it here you foolish Americans, deal with it) are your eyes?
Blacker than the blackest black times infinity. Except brown.

Favourite soft drink?
Dr. Pepper, I really wish they sold it here.

Do you play any other games competitively?
True fact, the only reason I'm still playing Brawl competitively is because Dawn of War 2 and Starcraft 2 were such a huge disappointment. I kind of play SSF4 and Tatsunoko VS Capcom competitively except I never have time to practice.

Most attractive feature in a woman?
If I have to pick 1: A healthy figure.

Where do you see yoursled in 10 years time?
Probably recycled to make a chair, I have no use for sleds anymore.

What is another word for "thesaurus"?
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

What is the most cringe-worthy joke you know?
Why did the chicken cross the road? Because Chuck Norris Rick roll'd yo momma.

Are you planning on going to a European regional like in France?
If there are plane tickets that cost less than a hundred euros, maybe. Or if I decide to spend the holidays there.

Are you ever coming to Holland so we can Bowser ditto?
Probably the last thing I'd ever do if I went to Holland, lol. But it would be fun to standing chaingrab you.

What other games do you play outside of Smash?
On the PC: Real Time Strategy, role-playing and adventure games. On the Wii and PS3: Anything with a good metacritic score I guess.

Attractive sister?
Nope, she isn't magnetized.

Favorite movie ever?
I forget. Probably "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Win a tournament?

Best quote ever?
Knowledge is power, hide it well.

Because I can and nobody else will.

Thoughts on Xyro?
Green.

As a man who lives in Portugal and has yet to play smash in the USA I am an expert on this matter. My answer is ADHD because his handle starts with A.

Zigsta are you an ally of sliq or are you anti ESAM?

Beef, pork or chicken?
If it bleeds, we can kill it. And eat it.

What's the best place to eat at in Portugal?
Any traditional non-chain restaurant is usually pretty cheap and serves large doses.

Who are the top players over in Portugal, and how do you feel they would do at a US national?
NatP: a Game & Watch and Donkey Kong player, MaverickZ: a Sonic and Meta Knight player and Hyperio: a guy who changes his main every two months lol. I'd be surprised if any of them got past pools honestly.

We don't have enough players to "have our own style". Each player has his own style. I guess most of us play a bit WiFi'ish if that makes any sense.

I used to watch a lot but half a year ago I became jaded and now I only do it if I'm told something amazing happens or if a Bowser player is involved.

do you have a girlfriend? is she your portu-gal?
Not at the moment no (that's right ladies of smashworld forums I'm single!). I'd love to date someone from Porto just so I could make that joke.

10, It's not often you see someone capable of making fun of people without belittling them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDu351QNoZE&#t=01m18s

Any Bowser that's trying hard enough.

Jesse or James?
The Man With No Name.

A) Stand still and lol.

D) All of the above?

Really depends on the positioning but most likely E) None of the above: Count jumps, approach and expect Tornado, react to option used by MK.

What song do you feel best embodies you as a person?
As a smasher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6c1iv2Jhcc - Favorite chorus ever
As a person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbYxEXM2cE

What songs would you use in your highlight video?
Trailer/Intro/Outro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APOBvj1kzEA - In tone with my custom texture and it's pretty awesome.
Then a combination of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA - It would be fun to group characters in the different music styles mentioned in the song. Of course Bowser is Metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MI1KiUZfQ - Best intro ever. I've been searching for a song that has the same pace and is just as ominous with less guttural vocals but to no avail.

Great interview Flayl :)

Sliq

Smash Master
I have seriously not play Brawl since December of 09.

I did play Melee last night though.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
To make it easy for BK, formatted them as bold for the questions normal for responses.

[collapse=MrEh Interview]
The Man Himself: Mr. Eh?
Making fun of Zelda before it was cool

-How many times have you seen Beauty and the Beast? Honestly.

-And what about the ones that don't feature Gaston?

-What's your favorite Disney movie?

-So how amazing are the pineapple pancakes over in Hawaii?

-How many volcanoes have you been to?

-Are you a huge fan of Nacho Libre?

-If you ever came to Texas, what Disney song would you sing with me?

-What's your favorite MU and why?

-Blonde's or brunette's?

-Favourite food?

-How's your life going outside of smash?

-You seem to play a few other fighters, what are they and who do you play?

-How far east can you go before you're heading west?

-What is Love?

-Have you been to Japan or California? If yes, which did you like best and did you play smash at either of them?

-What other wii games do you enjoy?

-Take a cookie?

-Who do you play in the new BlazBlue game? Who do you think is da bess? Who's bad? Yay or nay on the new additions to the cast?

[/collapse]

[collapse=JayDeth Interview]
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Pfft, no. But I DO fight evil there.

Blonde's or brunette's?

Hmm... red heads.

Not sure why though...

Favourite food?

Anything edible. More specifically though... Whataburger.

I can't complain. Though it lacks those of the female gender.

Sandwiches need making.

Normally I submit an application. :D

I do telephone polls and surveys. So, yeah, I've spoken with people all over the country and parts of Canadia. And I hate them all. Some more than others though.

Most embarassing moment?

Uhhhhhhh....... I can't think of any. I tend not to hold onto those kinds of memories when they happen.

... And even if I did suddenly think of one, I'm not telling.

Where should Bowser be on the tier list?

I think he falls right on the border of Mid and Low. Like, exactly. Even low Mid feels too high and high Low feels too low.

Should MK be banned?

Yep. Especially if you play by the BBR's new rule set.

What is your ideal stagelist?

I kinda liked 3.1's stage list, certain stages not withstanding (Green Greens, I'm looking at you!) I've never been in a tourny yet, mine is still up in the air, so I really wouldn't be able to tell you anything insight full here.

Any special talents?

I play Bowser. :D

I'm a pretty top tier procrastinator. I think Vex has me beat though. Maybe someday that grab release thread will get updated...

Hiw tall are you?

Hiw tall is anyone? :D

Five eight last I checked.

Train A, traveling 70 kilometres per hour (km/h), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 kilometres away. At the same time Train B, traveling 60 km/h, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet? How far from each city do they meet?

I had a calculator that could me the answer easily. I'll try doing it my head though.

... in 2 hours. 140 kilometres from Westford, 120 kilometres from Eastford. :O

What is love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKxF...eature=related

Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JngjVZnuxQE

*shrug*

What's that mask kid in your avatar?

JD from Scrubs. Watch it, that show be legit.

How come you haven't entered a tournament before?

Money johns.

What Florida player do you want to play the most? LOL namesearch bait

CO18, polmex, and Big Serg, I guess. I can't think of any others.

Why Bowser?

I already parodied a song as to why he's da bess.

Why NOT Bowser?

See above.

In all honesty though, I tend to lean towards the big beefy characters in fighting games. Besides. It's Bowser. Enough said.

Beard?

Beard.

Girl?

No. Boy- er, man.

>.>[/collapse]

[collapse=Zigsta Interview]
Blonde's or brunette's?

Blondes for sure.

Favourite food?

Chicken tenders and cheese fries from Outback.

I could really go for some right now....

Going great!

I'm about to cast my actors for an adaptation from Death Note, and I need to come up with an idea for a 1-3 minute short to be shot on Super 16mm film.

This weekend I'm flying back to Slidell to meet Marty Sixkiller, who works for PDI/DreamWorks Animation. He graduated from my rival high school in 1985 and can definitely give me some great insight into the business. I can't wait to meet with him!

I'm also about to start promoting the films You Again and Secretariat, and next week I'll be working a Q and A panel for Let Me In and Stone on Thursday and Friday, respectively.

What is Love?

The name of a song I used for a broadcasting video my Junior year of high school. We set it to a game of Rock Paper Scissors between a guy and a girl.

I promote films distributed by Walt Disney Pictures and its subsidiaries. I hand out screening passes and promotional items--for You Again, for example, I have laundry bags. Sometimes for big films, we fly in talent and invite the press for a Q and A, and I help run it. Here's hoping this happens for TRON: Legacy!

Most memorable moment?

Eagle Scout acceptance speech, Junior year of high school. I had been to my fair share of Eagle Scout ceremonies, and I felt all the recipients were doing it wrong. They were all so short and basically consisted of thanking their parents for their support. It ticked me off that they would say a 2 minute speech tops when all these people showed up to support them.

So I have a 10 minute speech and thanked my teachers--including my 8th grade English teacher, who attended--my friends, my family, and my Scoutmaster. And then I addressed my younger Scouts, whom I referred to as "my dawgs," and told them the road's a tough one, but I wanna see them all reach it, and I'll be there to support them.

And I'm happy to say that all of them so far have either gotten Eagle Scout or they are very close to it. It's the highest Eagle ratio our Troop's ever had, and I'm proud to be a part of their lives.

After the ceremony, I received a standing ovation--the first time in our troop's history--and a lot of people told me I should run for President!

One time I couldn't make a ceremony like I promised, so I wrote a letter to the new Eagle Scout to be read at the ceremony, and it apparently made a lot of parents in the audience cry. Since then, all the Boy Scouts write me and ask for me to write them a letter.

Should MK be banned?

He's a pain to fight, and I hate losing to scrubby MKs just because it's freaking MK, but I'm against the ban issue. He's in the game, so I'm gonna get around him, even if it is with a low tier character.

Any special talents?

My Speech skills are unparalleled for my age. I touched on this a few questions back.

I took a Speech class Junior year of high school and aced every Speech. I was asked to represent the school in a parishwide Speech tournament, and I won 1st place in original oratory and extemporaneous--both the events I entered. I was also the only person to win two awards. I went on to the state level and got first in original oratory with a perfect score of 100/100.

I also have a very deep announcer-style voice. I announced the Homecoming Court my Senior year of high school, and most people thought I was a professional, haha.

I made a short film Senior year in high school called Timeout for the PTA Reflections Contest, a nationwide contest. I won 1st at my school, 1st in my parish, and 1st in Louisiana before placing 3rd in the nation. It's been my calling card ever since.

I'm a beast at video editing. I edit on Avid (started on Xpress Pro, now Media Composer), and I took to it naturally. It's supposed to be an intimidating and not user-friendly device, but it's never bothered me. I can outedit anyone around my age, hands-down.

I'm just waiting to get my clips recorded so I can edit the best combo video you've ever seen!

How tall are you?

I'm roughly 6'00''.

Favourite band?

Crush 40. I love their music! Sonic's theme from Sonic Adventure 2 along with Live and Learn essentially sum up who I am as a person.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

I want to be writing and directing a short for Pixar that will hopefully land me a job writing and directing a feature for them.

If you were to make ma sandwich what type would it be?

PB & J 'cuz it's fast and easy. Just the way we Hollywood types like it.

Favorite Disney movie? Favorite NON-animated Disney movie?

My favorite Disney film is easily Toy Story. I notice something new EVERY time I watch it. For example, the last time I watched it, I realized Rex's inferiority complex goes beyond just the fact that his legs are tiny, he can't roar loudly on his own, and he has no leafeaters to terrorize: He was made at Mattel (technically a subsidiary, he says). And what lines of toys are Mattel most known for? Hot Wheels and Barbie, two of the biggest toys of all time. Naturally since Rex was deemed unworthy to be made by Mattel's main branch, he feels overshadowed by their successful toys like Hot Wheels and Barbie, and thus his inferiority complex is deeply created at his core.

Seriously, I could talk FOREVER just about Toy Story. Get me going, and I GUARANTEE you you'll never find someone who's more into Pixar films than I am. Out in Los Angeles this summer, my peers called me "Mr. Pixar."

Now as far as my favorite non-animated Disney film, that one's easy, too: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Captain Jack Sparrow's one of my favorite characters ever. He's a very unique screen character--and I do a mean Cap'n Jack impersonation too, saavy?

Pirates also holds a dear and near place in my heart because my dream project has to do with pirates. I've been working on it since 8th grade, when my English teacher first told me I had exceptional talent as a writer. Beforehand I just coasted through school and never thought I had any real talent, save for my smarts--this single act has led me where I am today!

Favorite author/books?

The Harry Potter series is pretty cool, but I'm not a fanboy or anything in the slightest. I mainly dig the creatures in it, haha.

I'm really big into manga and comics, and even moreso after working for Hollywood Gang Productions this summer. I was "The Comic Guy"--it was my job to read new comics given to HGP and then pitch them to my boss, the story editor. If I felt a comic was worthy to pursue as a film, then he passed the comic along to the president of the company. The one comic I passed through, The Enchanted, about ****** versions of fairytale characters set in a steampunk world who must track down the person who's killing them off one by one (starting with-gasp!-Pinocchio!), was passed along to the president. But whaddaya know, the next day I came into work, right on the front of the trades (basically news in Hollywood) was a headline story about how The Enchanted got picked up by another studio.

But yeah, comics are a HUGE source of films, and they're the hot thing to go to right now. When I read a comic, I'm always thinking about its film potential.

But I digress. My favorite manga is One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Drive, Nora, Pokemon Adventures, and Buddha.

My favorite author's Christopher Paolini. His Inheritance Cycle's not the most original of stories, but I dig 'em. I have a letter from him congratulating me on my receiving Eagle Scout. :D

I also recently read a book by Michael Crichton called Pirate Latitudes, and the whole time I found myself thinking "This HAS to get made." Sure enough, I looked it up, and Steven Spielberg is attached to direct, and the screenwriter of Jurassic Park is adapting the novel. It's gonna be BIG, so you guys keep your eyes peeled for it!

Adventure Time: great show... or the greatest show?

I haven't seen the show on Cartoon Network--just some of the Youtube videos. Parts are kinda funny to me, but the animation turns me off. I'm not a fan of rather crudish animation, and I prefer subtle humor that reaches multiple target audiences, not just younger crowds. That said, I'm very happy to hear of the creator's success story. It's very inspiring to see how some Youtube videos led to a full-fledged TV show!

Is Texas as full of rednecks and hillbillies as I think it is?

Funny story: I've only met ONE redneck out here.

I'm originally from Slidell, Louisiana (just 40 minutes north of New Orleans...or was it south? I suck at directions. XD). My family and I evacuated for Hurricane Katrina and fled to Montgomery, Texas (Houston, basically), where I went to high school for a month. There was a student TV program that aired every Monday there, and a guy from New Orleans was interviewed. And I must say, he had a bit of an accent.

So then this dude fully clad like a cowpoke, complete with boots, a big ol' belt buckle, Wrangler jeans, and a 10-gallon hat, turned around and asked me in the biggest hick accent "Does everybody in Louisaner tawk like 'at?"

What's with the alligator?

I'm so sad more people don't recognize him!

My avatar is Louis from The Princess and the Frog--if you haven't seen it yet, go see it NOW. It's not on par with The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin, but this film's a real return to form for Disney. And being from Louisiana, it's really special to me. <3

Louis is my favorite new film character in a long time. I just love the way he's animated, the way his belly moves, the way he rides the water with his tail, the way he blows that trumpet of his. Just watching Louis move around onscreen makes me get this giddy feeling in the pit of my stomach, and my eyes actually tear up a bit from sheer joy.

No lie. Louis turns me on in ways few things do.

Do you think Bowser is sexy?

Super, super sexy. That's the number one way to get more grab releases on people. MK takes one look at Bowser and HAS to let himself be taken.

Do you think Bowser is sexier than your girlfriend?

I don't have a girlfriend now. I'm really picky when it comes to women, but when I see someone I actually would like to get to know, I'm really forward about it, and it comes across as a bit odd to a lot of women, haha.

All gravy, though. I know I'm the best guy a woman could ever get, and it's only a matter of time before they realize that!

Oh, and my girlfriend MUST be sexier than Bowser. It's a requirement.

Is he sexier than me?

Well, I haven't seen any pics of you...

Is Bowser sexier than me?

But maybe I don't need them?

Do you like Italian food?

I dig pasta. There was this restaurant called Simolina's by my house growing up, and they served this dish called "macaroni and cheese pie." Oh. My. God. It was sooooo good. But they closed.

I've got some HEB Italian microwavable chicken breasts in the freezer now. They're a nice changeup from sandwiches, and they actually taste real to boot!

Do you have an attractive sister?

Nope, just an ugly younger brother.

Haha, he actually looks NOTHING like me. He's about 4 inches taller than me (and I'm taller than average), and he's got black hair as opposed to my dirty blonde. He's got the freckles. He's an introvert; I'm an extravert. We pretty much couldn't be any more different, haha. And he gets ALL THE GIRLS. And ya know what? He could really care less. XD

Gaston?

HECK YEAH.

I memorized Gaston while out in Los Angeles this summer, and I dig singing it in my car.

Why Bowser?

He was my secondary in Melee, and seeing as my main (Jiggs) sucks HARD in Brawl, I played Bowser as soon as Brawl came out. I dropped him for PT, then picked up Bowser again, then dropped him again for PT.

Then I challenged a DK player to a MM as my PT since I feel the Charizard-DK MU is ridiculously easy, but he said he'd only take on my Bowser. I didn't play Bowser in tournament, but I still took him up on the challenge. And after I beat him, a lot of people started telling me I should go Bowser in tournament, at least to see how I do. I was hesitant for a long time because I ddin't know grab releases, and I knew I was too aggressive with my klaw hopping.

So I started lurking the Bowser boards, reading threads and watching videos. I've seen almost every major Bowser player's videos. I noticed a lot of bad habits I had as well as bad habits I noticed from other Bowsers, and I decided to start making myself known as a Bowser player.

I get a rush playing Bowser that I just don't feel playing any other character in the game. After watching Ixis's videos, I LOVE jab mixups now. Around here, I'm known for pulling off sexy jab to fsmash "combos." :p

I also love his defensive abilities. I always favor defense over offense in every game I've ever played. Bowser's just a natural fit for my mindset.

Are there any high tier characters you like?

R.O.B.'s projectiles and jab mixups are fun, but I'd probably never use him in tournament.

The only high tier I might go in tournament for some of Bowser's bad MUs is Wario, and only because I love camping and running away as him. I also yell the names of Wario players when I do some kind of tactic or pattern they do/used to do, ie spotdodging in place three times and saying "FICTION" or double jumping to bike to jumping off the bike and yelling "DMG!!!"

What's your favorite Disney villain?

Scar, easily. I get chills from watching Be Prepared every single time. The animation just flows flawlessly in tune with the rhythm of the song.

I've always said that if there's ever a stage production of The Lion King near me, I'll drop everything and audition for Scar.

Who would win in a fight, Super Mario Galaxy 2 Bowser or the villain in your previous answer?

I actually haven't played Mario Galaxy 2 yet! It came out right as I was going out to Los Angeles for the summer, and I didn;t bring my Wii with me because I didn't want any potential distractions. I wanted to become Hollywood. And I'm proud to say I did.

But I'm planning on asking for the game for Christmas.

Judging from what I've heard about Bowser in the game, Scar would get wrecked HARD. Scar's not one for direct confrontations, so he'd get the hyenas to attack Bowser for him. But the hyenas are a cowardly bunch, and when they see how big Bowser is, they'll hightail it outta there. So then Scar's forced to fight Bowser, but since Scar's so intelligent, he would NEVER fight Bowser one-on-one. He's sneak off, and, if possible, lure Bowser into a trap so that THEN he could attack.

From behind if possible.

And on a tall structure would be nice.

Who set us up the bomb? What should we move for great justice?

Dr. Stranglove did it, and we should tell every man, woman, and child to ignore his warnings because our precious bodily fluids are in fact not being invaded by Communists.

Squiiiiirtleeeeee?

That sound reminds me of the sound poor Squirtle makes when he's KO'd after a grab release.

What's wrong with Pokemans Trainer? Don't you like him anymore?

Pokemon Trainer is and always will be my favorite character in Brawl. When I first started playing him, I SD'd. A lot. But I practiced a lot. And I still SD'd a lot. XD

So I dropped him for Bowser, and I came back to PT about 4 months later. I found my playstyle was completely different, and I rarely SD'd.

I've been blessed to have been able to play the top 3 Pokemon Trainers in the world: Reflex, typh, and Magik. And after playing all three of them, I realized something I knew deep down but never wanted to admit: They were naturally better at Pokemon Trainer than I was. Sure, I practiced enough to do pretty good with him, but PT's never felt natural for me. I just wanted to play him ever since I first saw him revealed on Smash Bros. Dojo--that and I was once called "The Pokegod" for my Pokemon battling skills on a former Wi-Fi website, and I really wanted that nickname to transfer over to Brawl.

But Bowser's different. It sounds hokey, but I feel right at home playing him. Even against tough MUs.

Another huge factor influencing my switch to Bowser is that I simply don't have as much time as I used to. With my film schedule, I have to be very selective with what I do in my "spare time," much of which consists of reading film books, scripts...anything to further my knowledge and thus further my career. I just don't have time to practice 3 characters.

For now, I'll only go PT in friendlies. I might pick him up again someday on a whim.

Why are you so amazing?

I'm amazing because I know who I am and I'm **** proud of it. I'm a proud Eagle Scout of Troop 348, and I love making the people around me better. Nothing makes me happier than to see unconfident people suddenly turn confident. Someday when I pass on--hopefully in a loooong time--I want people to remember me as that bright source of light.

I wasn't always the incredibly confident person I am today, though. I used to be the uncool kid in school. I was tormented for years by my classmates because I had a crush on a girl before it was socially acceptable to date.

But things really started clicking in 8th grade when my English teacher told me I was a talented writer. For the first time in my life, I had a gift. I had a purpose. I started coming into my own. I also started working out and became lean. My confidence started to grow, and I started looking up instead of looking down at the ground as I walked.

Unfortunately, 8th grade was also a lowpoint for me: the one thing I'd take back if I could. I was physically tougher, much like the "cool guys" were, and they were the ones the girls liked. So I became a bully for a short time, and I made some of my best friends cry in class. One time I even threw a large stone at one of my best friends, and it barely missed his head. I'll never forget the look in his eyes. He was terrified. Shortly after, this girl told me she liked me better when I was nice.

I made up with my friends, and they say they're past it, but I'll never forgive myself for the way I treated them. From that day on--just that ONE look--I swore to never betray both my friends and myself. I wouldn't turn into something I wasn't.

That summer, I went to Philmont, a 60-mile backpacking expedition through the Rocky Mountains, complete with a 25-pound backpack. It was the most physically draining experience of my life, but I did it. After that, I knew I could do anything I set my mind to.

When Hurricane Katrina hit Sophomore year of high school, I invited this girl to the Homecoming Dance. She said she'd "think about it," and ultimately decided going with me wasn't good for her image. I figured girls just weren't into me. But when I went to school just for a month in Montgomery, TONS of girls approached me. One even said I had the most beautiful eyes she'd ever seen. I realized how shallow some of the girls back home were. I was better than how the treated me.

I also returned from Katrina with a newfound appreciation of life. All my friends were taken away from me in an instant. I needed to show them every day how much I cared about them. So whenever I saw people in the hallway, even if I BARELY knew them, I said their name, gave 'em a high-5 or a handshake...anything to make their day. And BOOM, I got my first girlfriend like that. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

This summer in Los Angeles has been huge for me, too. Honestly, film school up to till now's bored the hell outta me. I'm an advanced student, and my classes really dragged me down. But in LA, I was THE go-to guy. My peers looked up to me. Day one we broke into groups and gave "personal pitches" to our groups, meaning we gave a brief speech to make them remember us. The groups then voted on the best, and then the 8 best in the class pitched to the class.

Well, I blew the entire class away. Our instructor asked the class what about my pitch was memorable, and someone said "EVERYTHING!!" Right from day one, people knew who the best person in the program was, and that's me, baby.

My golden retriever Champ recently passed away at the age of 13. He was always there for me when I was young, overweight, and unconfident in myself as a human. But he always made me feel happy, and it was a purely unconditional act. Since his death, I've done my best to live like Champ would: Make a random stranger smile every day. I say now that I'm living two lives.

So in a nutshell, that's my journey as a human being and why I'm so amazing.

Thoughts on Pixar/Disney?

I'm thrilled that Disney is using Pixar moreso than in the past. About two months ago, Disney brought a screening of TRON: Legacy (which I'm happy to say I'll be promoting!) to Pixar, and Pixar gave them story feedback.

Pixar is known as THE best storytellers in Hollywood, and I couldn't be happier to see Disney working so well with Pixar to make even better films.

Any other characters you like?

I like to mess around with Jigglypuff, Lucario, DK, Wolf, Mario, and R.O.B. Played a little bit of Link the other day. He's kinda fun.

Other than that...there's not really too many characters I'm into. A lot of them are just unappealing to me.

Why are our matches so much fun?

Because the MU's so fun! :D

Peach can rack up the damage SOOOO fast against Bowser, but she has trouble killing Bowser, so it really puts a lot of pressure on the Peach player to use turnip setups to mindgame the Bowser into a kill move, like fair, that's normally a predictable move. Her jabs also come out fast enough to mess with Bowser's jab mixups if he's too close to Peach.

Bowser, on the flipside, can cancel out Peach's turnips with Firebreath, and Peach HATES his Fortress OoS. His bair edgeguards her easily, and he doesn't afraid of killing her.

Let's play again at HOBO 28 and get a set recorded this time, man!

How about those tornadoes and arrows?

OMG sooooooo lame. XD

Next time, we'll beat you, though.

What's your favorite Mario game?

Paper Mario, easily. I was skeptical to say the least when I first heard of it, but I loved the humor and the gameplay as well as the party members.

Zig, when do you plan to watch Birdemic?

I haven't been able to find it in theatres around here, so I guess I'll have to watch it on video somehow. I'll have to see if UT has it in their A/V Library so we can talk about how godawful it is!

Does everybody ride horses everywhere in texas?

Not horses.

STALLIONS, BABY!

Have you ever seen a Gaston texture for Captain Falcon?

No, but I'd like to. :O

Do you prefer to drink out of large cups or small ones?

Large ones. I drink a lot of water and Gaterade/Powerade because it hydrates my severe dry eyes, so I prefer to get the maximum amount of hydration per cup as possible.

No straw, por favor. I prefer to chug my beverages.

Have you ever considered "Hun", "Noble thief", or "Christopher Robin" when choosing a career to pursue?

No to "hun" and "noble theif," but yes to "Christopher Robin."

I mean, c'mon.

He gets to hang with TIGGER.

What do you think of Juan's hair?

It smells like the man your man could smell like.

Have you seen the movie "Major Payne" with Damon Wayans? If so, what do you think of it?

OMG YES!!

The first time I saw it was at a friend's birthday party, and he said when this one scene came up, no matter how tempting it was, to NOT repeat it.

But when it came up, I just didn't even think about it. I had this urge to repeat it and repeat it LOUDLY:

DON'T--YOU--EVER--HIT--HER--AGAIN!! HEAR ME? HEAR ME? HUH? HUH? HUH?!

What do you know about Suiseiseki?

No clue. Enlighten me!

Where should Bowser be on the newest tier list?

He should still be low tier so I can massacre Xyro's scrubby Samus with him in LT tournaments.

How should Kirby combat grounded UpBs????

Get the percent lead and just air camp and run away from Bowser.

Why don't you look @ me when we make love?

You make funny noises.

If Bowser could have any move in Brawl, what would make him better?

His fair should have the knockback of Shuttle Loop, and his Firebreath should send enemies into the ground a la DK's side B.

Yep, Bowser gets TWO moves.

Wow, that definitely took me almost two hours to respond to. XD I hope you guys actually read it all and enjoy reading it as much I enjoyed writing it!

I'm a writer--I can't help it, haha![/collapse]

[collapse=Limit Interview]
Fullmetal Alchemist: Great anime... or the greatest anime?

Not the greatest, but pretty close. Neon Genesis Evangelion steals my heart.

What other wii games do you enjoy playing?

Eww, Wii. I literally only have a Wii because of Brawl, lmao. I'm a Megaman FIEND though.

What's your favorite color?

Green.

Is this question a trick question?

If it is a trick question, why would I be answering it?

Why Bowser?

Because he helps pay the bills, and we have similar taste in women (don't get me wrong, I accept all races, but those Peaches are *insert something here?* White girls and blondes especially grow on you from being up here for so long. I only see like .5 white women a week in the Bronx.)

What are your favorite and least favorite matchups?

Fave = Marth/Snake/Falco (in order)
Hate = Olimar/Diddy/I don't play ICs enough to hate them but I'm sure I would.

What are you the boundary of?

Insane. But I actually have no idea wtf this question means.

Why are you so amazing?

I am? ._.

Why Limit?

I wanted a name I thought no one would ever think of using. And my favorite letter is L.

Do you want this cake?

Psh, every black guy wants some pastel, son.

Do you have an attractive sister?

If you're into 11 year old half-black-half-dominican girls...

Do you like Gaston?

Gaston likes me.

Italian food?

MAMA-MIA, I LIKE-EH THEH PIZZA.

Why FMA?

His brother is trapped in Metal and Winry can get it from me (cue Peach interest).

Why's Dusknoir your favorite Pokemon?

Ghost types dabess. And what other Pokemon has a bellymouth?

What's your major in college?

I'm not in college. I'm 15, a junior <_< I go to boarding school because I'm smart and stuff. My major will be psychiatry though, I'm gearing towards that/the only psycho-related course my school has is neuroanatomy.

Favorite movie EVER?

Love & Basketball? I really don't have one. D:

What do you do for fun besides Smash?

Uh, I play Squash.

Do you know who the person in my avi is?

Meguhmeyne.

Do you like the game?

Kinda-sorta. I honestly don't really have too much of an opinion on that game.

Do you think the person in my avatar has a good series and should make a 3rd game since the 2nd game left lots of cliffhangers?

Like I said before, I don't really have too much of an opinion because I'm not really into Legends (I can answer/debate anything in the other spinoffs though, Original MM, X Series, Zero, ZX, BN whatever), but I wouldn't mind getting a 3rd installation to clear stuff up.

Who do you think has the most potential to be a national Bowser?

IDK if you're talking about America/any country but I really wish I could say myself. But I have no real option of national recognition considering I can barely play this game to begin with.

Vex was obviously amazing with Bowser, and I wish he would go back, but I understand his reasoning and I can't really do that much, you know? Like I remember when I first picked up Bowser all I would do is watch NL/WK/Vex videos and just come up with some ghetto style combination, and all of a sudden when I came home from a break, it just clicked for me. I really understood Bowser and put in more effort to comprehend the character.

I mean, you take videos like this, this and this and this and this and this and this just for examples, and then you realize like "****, this is what it really is?" you know? This is us. All these different styles and comprehensions of Bowser we have, whether we sandbag, rushdown, or just abuse the **** out of one move. You see how far along we've come with this Bowser metagame from last year/'08, and I honestly love this character, and have nothing but love for everyone.

If Zigsta learns enough Bowser stuff and develops a good enough style he could probably hit it. I watch his videos and He just seems at that point where he knows what he's doing but he just looks slow, like it's not really clicking 100% you know? But I'm REALLY confident he'll have it soon.

I was hyped about KingKong because I was the one that told him to make the switch from Peach to Bowser. And we know how that went. :3

MrEh could have my children if he stopped sandbagging. He knows soooooo much.

I love Ixis too; all of the European dudes have these ridiculous swaggalicious styles that keep me interested (but I can never bother to implement because I'm too lazy to be flashy). Flayl is my ESPOSA. ElUpB son.

I have faith in all you guys; you can all rise to great things with this character, whether you believe he sucks, or you believe he's mid tier, whatever. We'll get our **** together and do this, whether it takes a year, or 2 (when I graduate). We will get there. This is us.

Why Feraligtr?

Croc = Bowser and Warubiaru isn't available yet. And this avi's pretty pro.

Is New York full of as many *******s as I think it is?

Uh..to be honest, it depends on who you hang out with and what **** they get themselves into. Because of my situation, i'd say yes because New York is a big place, and *******s exist.

Is it true that no one drives because of all the traffic?

Nah...My dad drives [me] everywhere, despite the fact that I'm very knowledgeable on getting myself around and the transit/metro system we have. -_- There's actually a lot of driving, we have a lot of highways and stuff.

Is the Bronx all that different from New York City itself?

Uh, yeah. Each borough has its own distinct thing. For example, Queens is basically where you'll find a large majority of Spanish/Asian dudes, Brooklyn/Bronx are known as pretty bad places, Manhattan is home to all the rich crammed buildings, whites, metros, gays, you name it. And Staten Island doesn't exist.[/collapse]

Ixis Inter-oh wait...

[collapse=Flayl Interview]
What's it like living in Portugal?
It's okay. I'd rather live in the USA, but friends, family and lack of an income tie me here.

Are Portuguese chicks hot?
Some are. Best examples I can remember at the moment are (in no order): Cláudia Vieira, Helena Coelho, Marisa Cruz and Isabel Figueira. IMO the Spanish women are hotter on average.

Why Bowser?
He's my favorite Nintendo character in the Brawl roster. I love using characters that have both the literal and the less literal meaning of power. The dude's a hulk that commands a loyal army of monsters. His ego is the cherry on top: I loved the way he was portrayed in Bowser's Inside Story.

What smasher would you want to meet the most?
Noone in particular, maybe the whole United Kingdom crew? It'd be nice to play someone who doesn't speak broken english.

How do you think Bowser mains are progressing after Vex quit him?
Very slowly. Although I think it was already like that before Vex quit him.

Who do you see as the next national Bowser?
National as in "places well in national sized tournaments", or national as in American-only? If it's the former, KingKong. If it's the latter MrEh, Limit and Zigsta come to mind.

Blonde's or brunette's?
Brunettes. I wouldn't hold that against the blondes though (or maybe I would nowaddamean nudge nudge say no more).

Favourite food?
Variety. If that doesn't count, I'm going to say the Portuguese cozido.

Okay-ish. See follow-up questions for details on why.

What is Love?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

I'm currently trying to get a job as a web programmer.

Any special talents?
Does taking the initiative for unimportant matters and procrastinating everything else count?

How tall are you?
Roughly three fifths the size of my ego.

Favourite artist/band?
In the 90's it was Soundgarden. They've recently reunited but I've yet to see if they can still rock as hard as before. Other bands I really enjoy are Mastodon, Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers and classic metal/hard rock bands such as AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Megadeth (which is the one whose recent work pleased me the most), Metallica and Motörhead. I also really enjoy listening to videogame songs/remixes, as well as the occasional classical and jazz.

Sexiest accent?
In english? I'm going to say Russian.

Where would you take me on a first date?
The hospital.

What's one reason Portugal is amazing (besides you being there )?
Beaches.

What's one reason Portugal is lame.
Taxes.

Do you follow any sports?
No, I tried but I get bored very quickly.

Do you play any sports?
The occasional football (the one where you actually play with your feet), swimming and chess but not much of any of them.

What colour (it's how we spell it here you foolish Americans, deal with it) are your eyes?
Blacker than the blackest black times infinity. Except brown.

Favourite soft drink?
Dr. Pepper, I really wish they sold it here.

Do you play any other games competitively?
True fact, the only reason I'm still playing Brawl competitively is because Dawn of War 2 and Starcraft 2 were such a huge disappointment. I kind of play SSF4 and Tatsunoko VS Capcom competitively except I never have time to practice.

Most attractive feature in a woman?
If I have to pick 1: A healthy figure.

Where do you see yoursled in 10 years time?
Probably recycled to make a chair, I have no use for sleds anymore.

What is another word for "thesaurus"?
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

What is the most cringe-worthy joke you know?
Why did the chicken cross the road? Because Chuck Norris Rick roll'd yo momma.

Are you planning on going to a European regional like in France?
If there are plane tickets that cost less than a hundred euros, maybe. Or if I decide to spend the holidays there.

Are you ever coming to Holland so we can Bowser ditto?
Probably the last thing I'd ever do if I went to Holland, lol. But it would be fun to standing chaingrab you.

What other games do you play outside of Smash?
On the PC: Real Time Strategy, role-playing and adventure games. On the Wii and PS3: Anything with a good metacritic score I guess.

Attractive sister?
Nope, she isn't magnetized.

Favorite movie ever?
I forget. Probably "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Win a tournament?

Best quote ever?
Knowledge is power, hide it well.

Because I can and nobody else will.

Thoughts on Xyro?
Green.

As a man who lives in Portugal and has yet to play smash in the USA I am an expert on this matter. My answer is ADHD because his handle starts with A.

Zigsta are you an ally of sliq or are you anti ESAM?

Beef, pork or chicken?
If it bleeds, we can kill it. And eat it.

What's the best place to eat at in Portugal?
Any traditional non-chain restaurant is usually pretty cheap and serves large doses.

NatP: a Game & Watch and Donkey Kong player, MaverickZ: a Sonic and Meta Knight player and Hyperio: a guy who changes his main every two months lol. I'd be surprised if any of them got past pools honestly.

We don't have enough players to "have our own style". Each player has his own style. I guess most of us play a bit WiFi'ish if that makes any sense.

I used to watch a lot but half a year ago I became jaded and now I only do it if I'm told something amazing happens or if a Bowser player is involved.

do you have a girlfriend? is she your portu-gal?
Not at the moment no (that's right ladies of smashworld forums I'm single!). I'd love to date someone from Porto just so I could make that joke.

10, It's not often you see someone capable of making fun of people without belittling them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDu351QNoZE&#t=01m18s

Any Bowser that's trying hard enough.

Jesse or James?
The Man With No Name.

A) Stand still and lol.

D) All of the above?

Really depends on the positioning but most likely E) None of the above: Count jumps, approach and expect Tornado, react to option used by MK.

As a smasher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6c1iv2Jhcc - Favorite chorus ever
As a person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbYxEXM2cE

What songs would you use in your highlight video?
Trailer/Intro/Outro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APOBvj1kzEA - In tone with my custom texture and it's pretty awesome.
Then a combination of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA - It would be fun to group characters in the different music styles mentioned in the song. Of course Bowser is Metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MI1KiUZfQ - Best intro ever. I've been searching for a song that has the same pace and is just as ominous with less guttural vocals but to no avail.[/collapse]

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yo we need Phiddlesticks to do one so somebody might have a chance of dethroning me as the best Bowser interviewee.

ArleX

Smash Cadet
Interview....gimpyfish XD jaja I know that guy doesn´t play Brawl (at least not as melee) But I think that because him (including me) a lot of people play Bowser. It would be interesting to read his toughts about the bowser in melee and the bowser in brawl. ^^

pd: If you want to interview a mexican Bowser here I´m ;)

B!squick

Smash Master
I have no idea what I would ask you.

Besides, you know, the obvious. Like, when can Zig be expecting you and how do you plan on crossing the border?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Let's vote for the next person to be interviewed, then.

Top Bottom