• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Creation Thread 2.0

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Gonna rework this a bit:

Grima.png
Grima
Game of Origin: Fire Emblem Awakening (2013)

What does the boss do?
Grima usually attacks via his possessed Robin (who is entirely hooded) but sometimes uses Expiration or tilts himself in an attempt to knock the player off; the dragon himself IS the stage.

Fell-Robin’s Attacks:

• Fell-Arcwind: Fell-Robin attacks with two dark tornadoes in two random spots of the stage that might launch the player off the screen (10%, medium knockback)
  • Fell-Arcthunder: Fell-Robin forms the Mark of Grima, and each eye on the symbol forms a giant electric orb that homes in on the player (5% each, small knockback)
  • Fell-Arcfire: Fell-Robin surrounds itself with fout pillars of fire, using them as a barrier that nullifies magical projectiles (6% each, small knockback); it then shoots the pillars into random parts of the arena, rising up after (8% each, OK knockback)
  • Aversa’s Night: Fell-Robin sends dark spears upwards, and they land wherever the player is if they don’t dodge in time (17%, OK knockback). If they successfully hit, Grima recovers half the damage taken by the player.
  • Fell-Thoron: When below half health, Fell-Robin charges Thunder to its limit, and flies into the background to shoot out Thoron wherever it aims at the player (30%, far knockback)
  • Choke-Grab: When below half health, Fell-Robin teleports to the player when Grima shoots his Fell Breath. If it's successful in grabbing the player, Fell-Robin grabs the player, shocks them (8%), and throws them into the floor of spikes (15%, OK knockback)
Grima’s Attacks:
  • Expiration: When Fell-Robin is below half health, Grima turns his head and targets the player. He then shoots out his Fell Breath wherever targeted, leaving a large vertical area of spikes on his back (24%, medium knockback)
  • Flying Beast: Grima turns sharply to the left or right, forcing the player to get to high ground to avoid plummeting off the stage

Setting/Intro: Grima’s back, in the sky above Ylisse. Fell-Robin floats down, completely hooded as its eyes glow, and Grima roars and faces the sky.
Defeat: Fell-Robin vanishes into darkness as Grima roars one last time and crashes into Plegia Castle

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?

• :ultlucina:
  • :ultmewtwo:
  • :ultchrom: (team battle w/:ultlucina::ultrobin:)
  • :ultpalutena:
  • :ultrobin:
  • :ultbyleth: (Code Name F.E.) (team battle w/:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:)
Music: Id (Purpose)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
SSBU_spirit_Chaos.png
Chaos 0
Game of Origin: Sonic Adventure (1998)

What does the boss do?

• Chaos extends a hand towards the player to grab them; if successful, Chaos lifts and and slams them down (9%, OK knockback)
  • Chaos moves towards the center and swings both his extended fists around (5% per hit, small knockback)
  • Chaos jumps up and splits into seven water droplets (7% each, small knockback), and then reforms under the player (12%, OK knockback)
  • Chaos extends both fists forward (10%, OK knockback)
  • Chaos turns into a blob of water and bounces around for a bit (6% each hit, small knockback)
Setting/Intro: The area where Chaos is fought at the start of Sonic’s story. Chaos appears as a blob of water and jumps onto the ground before turning into his current form.

Defeat: Chaos separates and his droplets head toward a drain pipe

• :ultsamus:
  • :ultness:
  • :ultzss:
  • :ultsonic:
  • :ultcorrin:
Music: Chaos 0, 2, 4

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Call me unoriginal, but I've always liked the idea of a Mega Man boss in Smash... so let's toss an idea in here.

Whilst some may think it's more logical to do a character who was more original (such as, say, Proto Man or Bass,) I imagine most would be better suited as characters. Even so... Mega Man is quite famous for having a lot of Robot Masters we could use. With Elec Man being an Assist Trophy in the last game, we should maybe retool how this would work, so... let's look at some of the most popular in the series, starting with:

Boss: Pharaoh Man
Game of Origin: Mega Man 4 (1991)
1633453206446.png

A truly menacing opponent... Pharaoh Man is arguably one of the most popular Robot Masters in the Mega Man series, mostly because of his hella cool design, not to mention his infamous difficulty. Unusually for bosses in the Smash series, Pharaoh Man is interesting in that he's relatively small, of a similar size to most fighters - but in comparison to other bosses like Galleom, Ganon or Giga Bowser, he's pretty fast - and has a lot of aerial control, with his various abilities not just being based on his appearance in Mega Man 4, but in extended media such as Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, and the Ruby Spears cartoon.

Introduction: Unlike other bosses, Pharaoh Man has an interesting and unique intro. A sort of remake of the traditional "Robot Master Intro" screen will occur, a little like we saw in Mega Man's reveal trailer back in Smash 4. This will have the model of Pharaoh Man - who then leaps from the Intro screen onto the stage. Notably - he's actually wearing the green cape he had in the Ruby Spears cartoon, though upon landing on the stage, he tosses it off a little like M. Bison, and then the match itself begins.

Stage: A battle arena based on the appearance of Pharaoh Man's original battle arena, though touched up with quite a lot of detail. For example - I imagine there's a possibility that instead of being in a small room, it would be the cavernous inside of Pharaoh Man's pyramid of residence - and, interestingly, the battle would take place on a large "block", with a blast zone on either side. The "block," as in the original arena, has a small pyramid in the centre. Maybe some 3D appearances of enemies could be cool too, such as Sniper Joes and the like.

1633453850635.png

Attacks: Pharaoh Man, as with other bosses in this game - has a healthbar - although his boss battle always takes place in Stamina Mode. Upon reaching half health or lower, his attack pattern will change.

For the first half of his fight, Pharaoh Man's attack pattern is identical to that of Mega Man 4, with some tweaks. His first gameplay is that he will randomly pick between one of these two moves, either:
  • Jump to your fighter's position, throwing a small energy projectile whilst doing so. (This is done twice in succession).
  • Charge up and release a large wave of energy (the Pharaoh Shot.) He gains super armour whilst in this state.
Notably, Pharaoh Man can't jump in any way to end up offstage - but he can still harass you with projectiles in the process, so camping offstage Jigglypuff style isn't a valid strategy. You'll have to go in head on.

Now, when Pharaoh Man's health is taken down to half or less, his attack pattern changes significantly, indicated by him suddenly having a slight purple aura around him at all times (though purely cosmetic.) - notably, with the addition of:
  • His Eye Shield from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, which acts a little like a counter - nullifying physical attacks that hit it, and also nullifying projectiles in a similar way to Link/Hero's shields. This, however, can only be used on the ground.
  • A new "levitation" move also based on Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, in which Pharaoh Man surrounds himself in an even bigger burning purple aura and begins to levitate upward into the air, before halting his vertical momentum and beginning to glide horizontally with his arms folded - during which time, he'll toss a couple of those small energy projectiles in the process. He is, however, vulnerable after this animation - dropping to the ground in the process.
  • The ability to use a new form of his Pharaoh Shot, the Pharaoh Wave - which he'll now use in place of the original. It takes slightly longer to charge than the original, but moves both forward and backward simultaneously. This is, once more, in reference to Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
  • The ability to occasionally summon Astro Zombiegs (an enemy found in his stage, as well as an ability of his in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.) Snapping his fingers when on the ground, a metallic sarcophagus will rise from the earth in front of him, opening to reveal this dishevelled, damaged machine. The machine itself stubles forward in a zombie-like manner, and will grab you if you wind up making contact with it. If you don't mash fast enough - it'll explode with you attached to it!
1633455515635.png
1633455719366.png
1633455814692.png

I'd say it's unarguable that Pharaoh Man would be a difficult boss due to his large amount of movement options - but notably, he does have weaknesses. His attacks often have periods of lag or other weakness attached to them - for instance, his Pharaoh Shot leaves him vulnerable whilst charging, allowing you to get some quick damage in there - and it's quite possible to reflect his projectiles back at him with certain characters. However, most notably, his nature as a smaller fighter allows him to be launched by particularly powerful attacks (though he does have particularly strong super armour) - and whilst he is able to use his levitation move in both phases of his boss fight to his advantage in order to get back onto the stage - it is, in fact, possible to K.O. him due to his surprising level of weight.

Other Stuff: Pharaoh Man, upon being K.Od, will explode with the same effect as Mega Man. Notably - there's a couple of things you could use for his actual boss theme. Whilst some might say a remix of his stage could be cool, or a remix of the Mega Man 4 boss theme, my own personal pick is a sort of remix/medley of all of the boss themes in the classic Mega Man titles.

Interestingly, if you do manage to trip or knock over Pharaoh Man, his get-up animation has him fall downward into a portal, before deftly stepping to the floor from a portal above him - as in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.

Anyways, I know I don't have like exact damage values here, but this is just my rough idea of how it could work!

Attachments

Darlinkio

Smash Rookie
Hmmm...You, Perkilator...I know you probably won't see this, but I'll try. I would like to ask your help with something. I am not new to the Smash community, I've been here every since Brawl, but never really made an appearance, but what I'm looking to do is to conceptualize Smash-like Boss fights for a game concept, where nothing to too much. I have it as a post on my profile, but if you'd like to get in touch on email or Discord, I'll happily give those to you!
Please man, this help is needed

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hmmm...You, Perkilator...I know you probably won't see this, but I'll try. I would like to ask your help with something. I am not new to the Smash community, I've been here every since Brawl, but never really made an appearance, but what I'm looking to do is to conceptualize Smash-like Boss fights for a game concept, where nothing to too much. I have it as a post on my profile, but if you'd like to get in touch on email or Discord, I'll happily give those to you!
Please man, this help is needed
What is this about, you could just DM Perkilator's account on Smashboards?

D

Deleted member

I have a dumb idea for a boss fight that's exclusive to DLC fighters in their "Classic Mode" routes: for Banjo & Kazooie, they'd fight Gruntilda on the top of the tower, she'd basically do the same stuff as in her game, where she would fly around and cast spells and try to dive-bomb at the duo, then halfway through she'd put up a shield to protect herself, so the two have to use their neutral special to shoot eggs into the Jinjo statues to deal a set damage to her before going to the Jinjonator (shooting eggs into both sides instead of all four sides), which will activate and finish her off. Like a shorter, faster version of the final battle from the game.

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone,here is my list of bosses that i want for Smash 6,on the right you will see which fighter fights the boss in classic mode as well as which newcomers fights the boss of course !
Kamek::ultpeach::ultduckhunt::ultkazuya:
Bibendum Chamallow::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultcorrin::ultisabelle:(w/:ultvillager::ultvillagerf:)
Metal Gear REX::ultness::ultdarkpit:(w/:ultpit:):ultsnake::ultlucas::ultrob::ultmegaman:(Round 6):ultshulk:and Newcomer Raiden
Ifrit::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultwario::ultcloud:and Aerith(w/:ultcloud:)
Andross::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena:and Slippy
King Boo::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpichu:(Round 6):ultkingdedede::ultgreninja::ultpacman:
Trio Team Rocket::ultpikachu::ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer:(Must defeat :ultmewtwo: first):ultdiddy:(w/:ultdk::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:):ultolimar::ultlucario:
Shadow Kirby::ultkirby::ultlucina:(w/:ultchrom:):ultmetaknight::ultridley:,Bandana Waddle Dee(w/:ultkirby:),Space Invanders and Ryoma
Magnamalo::ultyoshi::ultmarth::ultzss:(Must defeat :ultridley:first):ultike:(Round 6):ultkrool:,:ultsteve:,Dovakinn and Rayman(Round 4)
Magician Type 0::ultbowser:(Must defeat:ultmario:first):ultgnw::ultrobin::ultryu::ultpiranha:
Wind Waker Ganon::ultlink::ultfalcon::ultzelda:(w/:ultlink:):ulttoonlink::ultken:(Round 5):ultsimon::ulthero4:
If Kamek and Bibendum Chamallow are unable to become bosses,how about ursula from Disney/Kingdom hearts and viruses from Dr.Mario becoming bosses instead of Kamek and Bibendum Chamallow
Ursula::ultchrom:(w/:ultlucina::ultrobin:):ultpit::ultbowserjr:(fortress boss-Super Mario Bros.3,w/:ultbowser:):ultsora:
Viruses::ultdoc::ultsonic:(w/:ultfox:or Tails and:ultincineroar:):ultwiifittrainer:
If Ursula and the viruses becomes bosses, here what would look like.
:ultpeach: and :ultcorrin: will fight Wind Waker Ganon,(:ultpeach: fights him alongside her rescuer :ultmario: as a CPU ally)
:ultsamus: will fight Metal Gear REX
:ultsonic: will fight the viruses
:ultduckhunt: will fight the Magnamalo
If Heihachi becomes the new boss,:ultkazuya:will fight him as his final boss.
and i don't know what boss :ultisabelle: will fight,but will still have the :ultvillager::ultvillagerf: as Cpu allies.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The boss that i want the most for Smash 6 Is Shadow Kirby from Kirby Fighters 2.

Boss:Shadow Kirby

Game of Origin:Kirby Fighters 2(2020)

What does the boss do?
The Shadow Kirby Boss fight will take in decisive battlefield from the kirby series.Shadow Kirby uses the sword copy ability during his boss fight.

Attacks
Double Slash:Shadow Kirby Slashes twice with his sword.

Massive Stab Jump:Shadow Kirby Leaps in the air and perform a heavy stab ground attack.

Electric Slash:Shadow Kirby Rises his sword with lighting and shoots a Electric boomrang,under 55% of health,for example,at 45% or lower,he will shoot 2 boomrangs.
Tornado Slash:Shadow Kirby hold his sword in a warrior pose,then spins like a tornado after 2 seconds,he will spin for 3 seconds,when he stop spinning,he will be doing a survivor pose.

Front Sweep:Shadow Kirby Hits the fighter in front of him.

Inhale:Shadow Kirby shows his angry face with a huge open mouth to inhale the player.if sucess,he will deal constant before jumping and splinting the player on the ground,unless if the player breaks free,unlike other grabs,this ignores shields and even counters.

Jump Slash:Shadow Kirby jumps high in the air and violently slams his sword in front of him.

Extra Thing:Shadow Kirby will have a lot of HPs ,if you deal enough hard damage to him,you get to stun him for 8 seconds.

intro:Shadow Kirby turns against the player with an angry face and crossed arms before rising his arm in the air,copying the sword copy ability and slashes twice,similar to ganon's intro in ultimate.

Defeat:his defeat from Kirby Fighters 2.

Music:The music that plays for the battle against Shadow Kirby is the remix of taranza theme from Kirby Fighters 2,another music used for the fight against Shadow Kirby is amazing mirror medley from Kirby Fighters 2,Kirby Fighters 2 Taranza,master of the puppetry mainly plays during the fight,but amazing mirror medley plays when fighting shadow kirby in adventure on hard difficulty as well as in meta knight's classic mode.if you want to check those musics then you can go on youtube if you want.

.:ultkirby:
.:ultlucina:(team battle w/:ultchrom:)
.:ultmetaknight:(Amazing Mirror Medley(KF2))
.:ultridley:
.:ultswordfighter:(If the Mii fighters are given a classic mode in smash 6,Mii Swordfighter will fight Shadow Kirby as his/her classic mode final boss.)
Newcomer:Bandana Waddle Dee(team battle w/:ultkirby:)
Newcomer:Space Invanders
Newcomer:Ryoma

D

Deleted member

If Shadow Kirby is the new boss for smash 6.
Here are my ideas for lucina,meta and ridley's Classic modes for Smash 6

Meta Knight:Clash of Kirby Fighters 2
He fights opponents that represents enemies from single-handed mode from kirby fighters 2
Round 1::ultpeach:(Color 2)
Round 2::ultyoshi:(color 4)
Round 3::ulttoonlink:(Color 3)and :ultken:(Color 6)
Round 4::ultrobinf:(Color 6)
Round 5::ultryu:(Color 6)and:ultryu:(Color 7)
Round 6::ultlittlemac:(Color 2):ultincineroar:(Color 4)and:ultgreninja:(Color 6)
Final Round:Shadow Kirby(Amazing Mirror Medley(KF2)
Credits theme:Meta Knight's Revenge

Lucina:A Path of swords
She fights against opponents that use Swords
Round 1::ultmarth::ultroy:and:ultike:
Round 2::ultshulk:
Round 3::ultcloud:
Round 4::ultcorrin:and:ultcorrinf:(Team battle w/:ultchrom:)
Round 5::ultmetaknight:
Round 6::ultlink:(color 2)and:ultyounglink:
Final Round:Shadow Kirby(Team battle w/:ultchrom:)
Credits Theme:Destiny (Ablaze)

Ridley:Corrupted dark light
He fights light heros and dark villains
Round 1::ultsamus:And:ultdarksamus:(Free-for-all)
Round 2::ultpit:And:ultpalutena:
Round 3::ultdarkpit:
Round 4::ultmetaknight:And :ultmetaknight:(Color 8),:ultmetaknight:(Color 8) Represents dark meta knight.(Free-for-all)
Round 5::ultlink:(Color 8)Representing Dark Link.
Round 6::ultolimar:
Final Round:Shadow Kirby
Credits theme:Nemesis Ridley

Top Bottom