• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boonfest 10! 16 man tourney Friday, 4th of July Finished!

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman

A weekly tournament from the sucesses of Boonfests! 1-8 (season one), the Boonfest! Doubles Special! and Boonfest 9!.
Please read all the rules and procedures. Don't be a !@#$%^ nub and just sign-up without reading them -.-
Trey (Kola) is the winner!
Gat27 played 4 good matches vs him.
Dates:
All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, July 4.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

Brawl Rules:

• 1v1
  • 3 Stock with 8 min. time limit, Finals will be 3 Stock with 10 min. time limit
  • Everything will be best of 3 games, Finals will be best of 5.
  • Stages: random from select stages (means that you pick the random button, after choosing the stages from additional rules) from:
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Deflino Plaza
    • Castle Siege

• Characters: All, you may change characters between matches during the tournament.
  • No Items (no smashballs)
  • No specators, unless BOTH players allow it. No spectators in the Semi-Finals that is being recorded. No spectators in the Finals at all.
  • Single Elimination
STAGE NOTES:
All other stages are banned and are to be turned off.
Random stage choice with the ability to exclude stages is in additional rules. You can unlock them by unlocking all stages, if you don't have this feature, just pick a stage. :p

SUB NOTE
-link of how to unlock each stage: http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...l:_Unlockables
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prize for this tournament will be a custom signature by BO X7. Also, I will be recording all the matches my brother and I play, one of the semi-finals match (I will flip a coin), if my brother or I are in the semi-finals I will record our own matches, plus the finals match and put them on my YouTube. (http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonAlchemist).

I'm also hosting a special champion's tournament for all the winners of Boonfests! 1-8. If a winner wins two tournaments in a row, or more than two tournaments total (ex: winning Boonfest! 1 ,Boonfest! 2, and Boonfest! 4) I will take the winner of Boonfest! 9 and,
if necessary, the following ones. If a winner can't/doesn't want to participate in the tourney, I will follow the same rule (the sentence before this one). The date for this tournament is still to be scheduled. If you would like to input any of your ideas/concerns about the Boonfest! Tournament of Champions, please do so via AIM.

Check-in Procedure:
Check-in will begin at 5:50 P.M. eastern and ends at 6:25 P.M. eastern. If a person doesn't check-in, their opponent will get a BYE and will be automatically adavanced, but hopefully that won't happen, so please try to check-in early, and don't be a last minuter :p.

Also, this may be common sense, but I had some people do it in my last tournament. Please have your wii turned on/set up before the round starts and have your opponent's FC registered on your wii since the brackets are always up
, so we won't have to wait 10 mins or more for you to have your match for that round.

When the Tournament Starts:
When the check-in starts, I will invite all the people checked-in into an AIM chat room, so have the latest version of AIM installed. In this chat room I will mainly announce when the rounds start and such. Also, brackets are updated in real-time (as soon as I get them), so just refresh the window to view the updated brackets. Please don't post you're score for a match in this chat room, do so in a personal IM to me.

To decide on who will be hosting the match, discuss it with your opponent via a personal IM.

Each round will be 30 minutes long.

Dealing with Problems/ Misc. Rules:

If You Don't Check-in for a Boonfest! On Time/ Not Able to Make a Boonfest!:
If you don't check-in for the Boonfest! you are registered for on time, or not able to make the Boonfest!, and don't inform me about it before/on Wednesday, you will not be eligiable for the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. Please inform me if you cannot make the Boonfest! you're in beforehand, for courtesy, even though I'm not going get a replacement if it's after the Wednesday of the week of the tourney. If you notify me on/before Wednesday I'll try and get replacements and you're able to attend the next BF. If you tell me after Wednesday or on the day of the tourney, you'll not be able to be in the next BF. Sorry if this rule is confusing, it's still in the works.

Replacements:
No replacements are allowed at all.
They're hard to deal with, likely haven't read the rules for the tourney, and cause havic in the first round, which is already usually a mess. Also, allowing replacements causes extra "sign ups" for people who want to be a filler, which would be like asfknsagknaskf. Annoying, sorry.>.<.

More Than One Person On the Same Wii?
If you want to have more than one person play on the same Wii, such as yourself and a friend or brother, the max limit of total number of people that you can register is two. So, basically you can only just sign up yourself and one more person. This rule is if incase a person who has more than one person playing on the same wii has wi-fi problems, lag problems, or any other ones that allow them not able to do their match, they won't kill the whole tournament with byes.

LAG:

If there is lag, that is not freezing lag, between you and your opponent, I'm sorry to say, but just play through it. If there is uber freezing lag like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1Ff4AYMAg, you can try up to two more matches, but if it doesn't work out, both players are disqualified.

Connection randomly lost?:
If you randomly somehow lose connection to your opponent during a match, have another match on the same stage and the players must use the same characters.

AIM Chatroom:
In the AIM chatroom I host during the tournament, please don't invite random/other people into the chatroom, I'll take care of who's in the chatroom.

Disrespect:
If you disrespect/harrass anyone, you're automatically banned from all Boonfests!. I'm not going to deal with people who start complaining their heads off, be a sore loser, or are just jerks.

Dispute On Who Won the Match:
Ok, people this tournament is mainly for fun, so please, be honest and have a good time xD.
Anyone who reports a false score will be disqualified and denied entry to the next Boonfest!.

Smashboards is All Slow/Down Again!:

This is the main reason of why I require everyone to have and be on
AIM during the tournament. All of the discussion going on will be over AIM, so don't worry.

My Wiimote Batteries Died!:

Ok, I barely know anyone who uses a Wiimote. But if you do, please make sure your batteries are charged. If your Wiimote somehow dies during your match, you have to finish the match; it's not my/your opponent's responsibility to deal with your dead Wiimote. lol :D

Winning Tournaments Too Much?:
Wierd rule. If you're so amazing that you win two Boonfests! in a row, you are unable to participate in the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. BUT!!! you are able to have a video recorded exhibition match (best of 5) between you and the winner of the Boonfest! that you were unable to be in right after the finals. xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that the rules sound really strict, but I just want the tournament to go smoothly, so just follow the rules and have fun during the tournament.

To sign up, please post in this
format: SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:, if you don't have AIM please download it at http://www.aim.com/index.adp.
If a person doesn't sign-up in the right format, I won't accept their sign-up because if they didn't post it in the right format, they probably haven't read the rules and procedures and on the day of the tournament they're going to ask dumb questions, be totally lost, and/or be a pest to me, usually.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via
AIM.
My
AIM: ronisummasain
Yes, I accidentally misspelled "asian" in my name, so that
AIM is correct.

NOTE: Hmm. Here's just a little tip if you want to have a tad bit less lag on wifi. It's in this link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378. Mainly the only thing I would prefer you to read about is DMZing your wii/the port stuff which is in the same section (step 2).

Format is: SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:
(partners on same wii are placed together for bracket reasons)
Contestants:
1. Boon (Ron) 4296-2669-9131 AIM: ronisummasain
2. Boon's Bro (Kirk) 4296-2669-9131 AIM: ronisummasain
Toon Link King (T~L~K) 0731-4415-3014 AIM: T L K 545469

4. Sir Lucario (Skip) 3437-3042-1785 AIM: sirskor
5. GGFan (GGFan) 0173-2664-7398 AIM: PMPFTourney
AvalancheBarrage (Puffsd) 3222-5831-8122 AIM: XxtremlylazyX

7. ~Swich (Swich) 2707-1284-7642 AIM: letterbomb1905
SHIN_YOKOH (YOKOH) 4339-2140-7294 AIM: CROWBAT0 <-- its a zero instead of an "O"

9. -:Trey:- (Kola) 2707-1472-1663 AIM: VigilanteTrey
gocubs12345 ( Mac ) 1719-2857-0471 AIM: gocubbies4932

11. GAT27 (GAT) 0817-3553-3046 AIM: franciahuertas
Tshray (Tshra) 2105-9055-9440 Aim: Crunchatized5

leogeo2 (Leo) 4554-0671-9700 aim: leogeo2
Khaos (Khaos) 0473-7365-8535 AIM: KhaosErrtu

Oceanman (TheShoal) 1117-9952-5757 AIM: quartheenwiles

4bdnsheik55 (4BDN) 4339-2140-7294 AIM crimsonsheik55

Dates:

All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, July 4.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

BRACKET
LINK:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=272631&tclass=Boonfest%21%203

Smash Journeyman
NOTE: this is the last tourney to be able to get inthe Boonfest! Tourney of Champions, that is unless Olimarman wins this one again. -.-

GGFan

Smash Rookie
In to try and win my first tournament GAME (Not even matchup).

Name: GGFan
FC: 0173-2664-7398
AIM: PMPFTourney

~Switch

Smash Rookie
In. Boon, this is letter, new account.
2707-1284-7642
Swich
letterbomb1905

shin_yokoh

Smash Rookie
SIGN ME UP TO
SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:
BOARD NAME- SHIN_YOKOH, BRAWL NAME-YOKOH FC- 4339-2140-7294 AIM-CROWBAT0 PS- THATS A ZERO AT THE END OF CROWBAT

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
lol xD I still won a game without lovely norfair though.
;D Gonna make sure I fight some olimars before this though.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Which is going to happen. 4854 6108 2262, Brad, p4htm4n123.
i dont think so...this ones mine, sry to break it to u. the only way u can win is by lagging me out, so i think ur pretty much done for because of my stable connection :laugh:.

sign me up for real boon!

SmashBoard's Name: petey_did_it
in game brawl name: amp'd
FC: 5026-4149-9614
AIM: petey did it

Khaos

Smash Apprentice
this tournament's bracket looks suspiciously
similar to the previous one man. are u sure this is
random? =P

Smash Journeyman
this tournament's bracket looks suspiciously
similar to the previous one man. are u sure this is
random? =P
Lol.
Well, the way I organize the brackets are in a type of pattern, since bracketmaker doesn't really have a random seeding option, so look at the seeding numbers right infront of the peoples names (which are the number next to your name in the contestant list also). It starts from top left corner, to bottom right corner, up to the top right corner, and down to the bottom left corner. Then I repeat the little criss cross box pattern until I'm done. I put it this way so if we have alot of people with brothers in the toruney or so that they won't be likely to fight each other early on and its pretty well spread out. >.> it was just a coincidence (idk how you spell it -.-) that you were the 14th person to sign up in the tourney again, thus the 14th seed.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
lol so i play against olimarman for a exhibition match?

sry i wasnt here friday or yesterday

Smash Journeyman
Since I already had registration closed, I sent out msgs to people to remind them about that this tourney is on the 4th of July, a holiday, so I asked them to make sure if they can make it.

Unfortunately, some people probably will have to drop out, and so far I've had one person notify me that they couldn't make it.

So as far as registering goes, keep and eye on the (__/16) part of the title of this post, so you can fill in for that spot, but don't sign up if there isn't already a spot gone. I won't keep reposting that registration is filled and then unfilled again.
The final date for people to be able to register will be by the end of July 2, Wednesday, that is if there is still room.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
hey my brother would like to sign up
same format as all my stuff and brawl name is (HGC)

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
hha cant wait 4 this i need a training partner if anyone interested
ill practice with u (even though were playing each other in the first round)
just pm me when ur available
im not available tonight though

Top Bottom