• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I swear if all the ballot results just go to Mii costumes that's NOT a good sign by any means.
I can see this happen really.
I can see us get some characters from it, maybe 1 or 2. But, I can also see them use it for Mii costumes as well.

We'll have to wait and see, but going to Konami just to make Bomberman a Mii costume makes no sense unless they have a character planned.

D

Deleted member

Same goes for Ubisoft and that Rayman trophy, yet supposedly Sakurai is done with pre-planned characters.
2 things:
1. It does make no sense why the Rayman trophy is in, but Nintendo did publish Rayman Legends in Japan for them. So, I guess Sakurai felt obligated to ask them or Nintendo was within rights or something.
2. Do you have a source about that? The one where pre-planned characters are done?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

matt91486

Smash Rookie
Nice middle finger to Konami for their improper use of Hudson's IP's. :troll:

But this means good news for us Bomberman fans and Hudson lovers.
Hopefully Nintendo actually is willing to get more of it; I'm not sure whether or not they think it's worth the money to buy someone else's IPs when they don't use all of their own very frequently. That said, I would love new Bomberman games, and I certainly hope they rescue him.

D

Deleted member

A Bomberman game developed by Nintendo just sounds amazing. I hope Nintendo gives consideration to that idea and releases it on something like the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

I support Bomberman for Smash Bros! Also, I have some news that could be good for Bomberman: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/nintendo_is_licensing_hudson_soft_ip_from_konami
O_O
That is incredible! Please, please give us a Bomberman game!

I'll update the thread title, sorry that I haven't been active.

I'd rather Bomberman 64: the Second Attack, just because I'd like to finally play that game some day. Hero or 64 would be great too though.
I would prefer something like 64 and / or The Second Attack. I enjoyed the puzzle-based levels that were a bit open ended and promoted some exploration.
Just don't make a level that is like Doom Castle.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Doom Castle is far less of an open ended level than any of the others and looks to involve far more in the way of tedious placing and replacing of bombs to get through than other levels. That's what I'd say its failingas are.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
As unlikely as this sounds: If he does get in, I kinda would love to see the Jetterz side-series get some representation in terms of art/character trophies/references... I always enjoyed that personally, especially the art style.

((White Bomber just looked cool in that TBH... Maybe it was the smoothness.))

D

Deleted member

As unlikely as this sounds: If he does get in, I kinda would love to see the Jetterz side-series get some representation in terms of art/character trophies/references... I always enjoyed that personally, especially the art style.

((White Bomber just looked cool in that TBH... Maybe it was the smoothness.))
Maybe they could bring his voice actor back from Jetters and perhaps give him a few moves from that game. I dunno if they would go with his design from that game.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
See that 207th vote that gave Bomberman 90% on the "yes" votes? I did that. You're Welcome.:grin:

On topic, I really want Bomberman. I think he's easily the best choice from Konami.;)

D

Deleted member

With the amount of slot machines Konami is making, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they made a Bomberman one.
Not that I particularly want that to happen. I value having a new game over a slot machine.

Decided to make you guys a little something

Find more at my thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/therealheroofwinds-art-thread-now-with-support-signatures.391230/
Amazing signatures! :D

See that 207th vote that gave Bomberman 90% on the "yes" votes? I did that. You're Welcome.:grin:

On topic, I really want Bomberman. I think he's easily the best choice from Konami.;)
Thank you for the help and support! :)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can see this happen really.
I can see us get some characters from it, maybe 1 or 2. But, I can also see them use it for Mii costumes as well.

We'll have to wait and see, but going to Konami just to make Bomberman a Mii costume makes no sense unless they have a character planned.
I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't mind a Bomberman Mii costume as long as it A.) properly covered the face and B.) came with new bomb generating special (not going to happen.) It really is better than nothing in my opinion. We won't see any Konami/Hudson costumes unless we get a character from them, though.

D

Deleted member

With the amount of slot machines Konami is making, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they made a Bomberman one.
Not that I particularly want that to happen. I value having a new game over a slot machine.
Assuming they do a slot machine for Bomberman, i hope it's not something like the Castlevania one. Seriously, whoever thought that eroticvania was a good idea should be fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
As much as I'd like to see bomberman in, I just don't think he has the moveset to make him stand out enough but hey, you never know. Hopes he makes some kind of appearance.

cothero

Smash Lord
As much as I'd like to see bomberman in, I just don't think he has the moveset to make him stand out enough but hey, you never know. Hopes he makes some kind of appearance.
Sakurai managed to make a decent moveset for Pac-Man (which many people said it couldn't be possible) and the final result was satisfactory.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Sakurai managed to make a decent moveset for Pac-Man (which many people said it couldn't be possible) and the final result was satisfactory.
It still blows my mind that after everything we've seen, that people still somehow don't think decent movesets could be made for characters. I remember that during the Pac-Man discussion, some people were convinced that Tekken's Pac-Man was the best we were going to get. It's ridiculous.

I've seen some solid bomb-heavy kits floating about, and I'm fine with it. I like movesets that seem basic (like Sonic's) that have multiple applications for each attack. I think Bomberman's can work under similar terms.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've run out of ideas for mine, true, but that's only because I'm so picky about what I'll put in. Were I willing to resort to generic or specially invented actions, it would have been complete months ago.

I do not, however, agree with Pacman and Sonic has had better movesets in his own games IMO.

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
Yeh they used retro games to build him up, just like they did with duck hunt. Bomberman doesn't have that capability. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to make a good moveset for bomberman, I'm saying that I doubt Sakurai would be willing to do it compared to the potential that he has with other characters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Care to elaborate?
Pacman's moves do not, for the most part, come from anything Pacman and they would not be possible for the iconic pie circle we all remember him as. Sonic's moves all feel too samey and could have been improved by looking at Sonic Battle and other games instead of just Sonic the Fighters. Personally, I would have liked to have seen his sword summersault from Black Knight but I can see why they chose not to reference that game.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
A move I may or may not have made up on the spot, even I don't know:

Down Air - Super Spike: Bomberman quickly brings his arms together infront of him, bent ever so slightly, so that he can perform a powerful straight downward volleyball spike. This is a move I have associated with the character for a long time, yet I don't know if it was ever even on box art.
This attack will increase Bomberman's fall speed by about half and, like Sonic's Down Air, it will not end without making contact, making it potentially fatal for the user. It has pretty poor landing lag and even worse if it doesn't connect before landing but is a powerful meteor smash with early kill potential. It will do around 18% damage but, like most of Bomberman's moveset, it is also designed to interact with his bombs, causing any item he hits to travel downward increadibly fast and tripling the damage of explosions, which will occur instantly if hit bombs connect with an enemy.
Be careful though, this move will only hit infront of the user.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see my previous post, didn't mean to clutter the thread like that.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Pacman's moves do not, for the most part, come from anything Pacman and they would not be possible for the iconic pie circle we all remember him as. Sonic's moves all feel too samey and could have been improved by looking at Sonic Battle and other games instead of just Sonic the Fighters. Personally, I would have liked to have seen his sword summersault from Black Knight but I can see why they chose not to reference that game.

If Pac-Man made it in as the pizza with with a slice taken out, that he's most known as, I'd hate the inclusion. It's fine to reference it with a final smash, or his side-b, but having that as a character would be ridiculous. Also, everything Pac-Man does is actually a real solid reference to games, I understand that he didn't most of it in any of the games, but they executed it all really well.

I'm also of the opinion that Sonic's moveset is fine. Sure they could've done more (maybe have his side b as that quick dash attack, or his down b as dig), but who knows how they'd turn out. I know a lot of people hate the character, but I'm absolutely in love with the way he turned out. Plus, I think he left out any Black Knight references intentionally, and personally, I'm glad he did. The only thing I have a problem with in his current kit is that they changed his d-smash from Brawl into that generic split kick. Other than that I think he's great.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If Pac-Man made it in as the pizza with with a slice taken out, that he's most known as, I'd hate the inclusion. It's fine to reference it with a final smash, or his side-b, but having that as a character would be ridiculous. Also, everything Pac-Man does is actually a real solid reference to games, I understand that he didn't most of it in any of the games, but they executed it all really well.
Yes, they put together an excellent moveset for Namco's mascot, just not a good moveset for Pacman. Pacman, the icon everyone knows, simply doesn't have the moveset potential and would be, as you say, ridiculous to include. This is why I was against Pacman in Smash.

You obviously haven't played Super Smash Flash 2.
Playing that made me less positive about Bomberman's moveset, not more.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yes, they put together an excellent moveset for Namco's mascot, just not a good moveset for Pacman. Pacman, the icon everyone knows, simply doesn't have the moveset potential and would be, as you say, ridiculous to include. This is why I was against Pacman in Smash.

Playing that made me less positive about Bomberman's moveset, not more.
Absolutely disagree. Pac-Man is a culmination of all his appearances, and Sakurai did a great job realistically putting it all together. I think the Pac-Man that's currently in Smash is the icon everyone knows at this point anyway. He's always been on the arcade case, and he's been making appearances across many platforms for over a decade now. I don't think anyone that was supporting Pac-Man to be in Smash was rooting for the missing pizza slice, just the one we got.

I think that SSF2's Bomberman moveset is really solid. It could use some missiles though.

Top Bottom