• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of a moveset for Bomberman and it probably really sucks, but who knows.
-Combo 1- Punch (Right Hand)
-Combo 2- Punch (Left Hand)
-Combo 3- Kick
-Dash Attack- Roller Skates - Bomberman suddenly skates forward with roller skates on, then follows up with a kick.
-Side Tilt- Bomb Kick - Bomberman does a kick, that is able to move bombs around.
-Up Tilt- Roundhouse Kick
-Down Tilt- Boot Kick - Bomberman crouches down and kicks, making his leg slide across the stage.
-Side Smash- Punch - Bomberman does a strong punch.
-Down Smash- Name N/A - Bomberman holds two bombs on the ground to both his sides, then the bombs explode.
-Up Smash- Name N/A - Bomberman holds one bomb upwards then the bomb explodes.
-Neutral Air- Bomb Hold - Bomberman takes out a bomb and it explodes. Bomberman gains 4% when he uses this move.
-Back Air- Back Kick - Bomberman kicks his heel behind himself.
-Forward Air- Flip Kick - Bomberman flips clockwise then kicks his leg downward. If it hits with the heel, it can spike opponents.
-Down Air- Bomb Drop - Bomberman throws a Bomb downwards. Explodes on impact.
-Grab Tactic- Bomberman sweeps his arms across his body.
-Pummel- Bomberman headbutts his opponent.
-Forward Throw- Bomberman tosses his opponent to the ground, causing them to bounce up.
-Back Throw- Bomberman spins around once, then throws his opponent, like Mario's Back Throw.
-Up Throw- Bomberman punts his opponent upwards.
-Down Throw- Bomberman grabs his opponent by the legs and bashes him/her into the ground.
-B- Bomb - Bomberman throws a bomb. He can charge it to a medium sized Bomb, and a Power Bomb. It explodes in 5 seconds, unless you are charging it.
-Side B- Salt Bomb - Bomberman will roll a Salt Bomb on the ground. It does half the damage of a small Bomb.
-Down B- Remote Bomb - Bomberman places down a bomb. Works the same as Snake's C4, but without the stickiness.
-Up B- Jetpack - Bomberman rockets up while wearing a jetpack.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Take this as a grain of salt, but this leaker (probably fake) says Bomberman will be one of the new characters alongside K. Rool and Wolf:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309031720/lets-get-straight-to-the-point-through-certain

I honestly don't believe it, but it sounds nice anyway.
I don't either, especially because of the line "#K.rool. Looks like the mii costume but I don't know which came first. They're expecting him to sell really well and advertise the DK series for retro's new game". Just speculation on my part, but I don't think Retro is making a new DK (the last one's announcement was really negatively received), let alone one that feature K.Rool in it.

D

Deleted member

Take this as a grain of salt, but this leaker (probably fake) says Bomberman will be one of the new characters alongside K. Rool and Wolf:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309031720/lets-get-straight-to-the-point-through-certain

I honestly don't believe it, but it sounds nice anyway.
I doubt this is happening, mainly because of what he said about K. Rool and lack of specifics, but damn it! I want this to happen so badly!
Bomberman, K. Rool, and Wolf?! Sign me up!

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Current BluePikmin11 poll results have Bomberman over 50%! What does this mean Will Ferrell?

I think he has a chance.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Currently the third most wanted third party, just barely behind Banjo. Of course, Snake takes top spot with ease due to veteran bias. It really wasn't fair to put him with third parties over vets.
It really makes no difference. It's not as though he'd score lower if he wasn't with the other 3rd parties, and we'd still associate him with them either way.

I'm really happy with Bomberman's position though. I thought a lot of people would take the "there can only be one" stance on 3rd parties, and choose Snake over Bomberman. Glad to see that's not necessarily the case.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well, there was that big hoo-hah about Ryu being capcom that stirred things up but I guess this thread alone has seen a fair few "I'd rather Snake" comments. It's good to see those were just a vocal minority and that Bomberman's iconic status still holds weight.
I'm feeling a lot happier about his chances all of a sudden.

D

Deleted member

Current BluePikmin11 poll results have Bomberman over 50%! What does this mean Will Ferrell?

I think he has a chance.
That's impressive!
Can I have a link to the results, though?

I'm really happy with Bomberman's position though. I thought a lot of people would take the "there can only be one" stance on 3rd parties, and choose Snake over Bomberman. Glad to see that's not necessarily the case.
The "there can only be one" stance was Shoryukened shattered thanks to Ryu. With Mega Man's and Ryu's inclusions, I think people are more receptive of the idea of Bomberman being in the game alongside Snake.

Well, there was that big hoo-hah about Ryu being capcom that stirred things up but I guess this thread alone has seen a fair few "I'd rather Snake" comments. It's good to see those were just a vocal minority and that Bomberman's iconic status still holds weight.
I'm feeling a lot happier about his chances all of a sudden.
As am I. I'm glad to see that these results are turning out just fine.
To me, Bomberman is immortal. He is a gaming icon and a big face for Nintendo's consoles. Even if he doesn't have any games in the next few years, his design will still have recognition and the gameplay will be timeless.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That's impressive!
Can I have a link to the results, though?
Posted this on page 100 of the IC thread. Collected the results myself (based on 4/5 votes). Slightly outdated, but still really close.

Wolf- 74.2%
Inkling- 69.2%
Isaac- 68.7%
Ice Climbers- 66.1%
King K.Rool- 65.9%
Snake- 63.4%
Bomberman- 59%
Banjo and Kazooie- 56.1%
Dixie Kong- 54.8%
Chibi Robo- 53.7%
*Shovel Knight- 51.4%

Only ten characters made it over 50%. Bandanna Dee and Shovel Knight are both really close though. As you can see, Bomberman is sitting firmly at 7.

The "there can only be one" stance was Shoryukened shattered thanks to Ryu. With Mega Man's and Ryu's inclusions, I think people are more receptive of the idea of Bomberman being in the game alongside Snake.
It still exists though sadly. Some don't even want any 3rd party/Indie characters at all still.

Personally I'd rather not have Snake back at all. I think Bomberman, Goemon, and Frogger are much better fits, but what can I say, I hate realistic looking characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Posted this on page 100 of the IC thread. Collected the results myself (based on 4/5 votes). Slightly outdated, but still really close.

Wolf- 74.2%
Inkling- 69.2%
Isaac- 68.7%
Ice Climbers- 66.1%
King K.Rool- 65.9%
Snake- 64%
Bomberman- 58.7%
Dixie Kong- 54.8%
Banjo and Kazooie- 54.4%
Chibi Robo- 53.7%

Only ten characters made it over 50%. Bandanna Dee and Shovel Knight are both really close though. As you can see, Bomberman is sitting firmly at 7.
Hmm! So far so good! Nice!

It still exists though sadly. Some don't even want any 3rd party/Indie characters at all still.

Personally I'd rather not have Snake back at all. I think Bomberman, Goemon, and Frogger are much better fits, but what can I say, I hate realistic looking characters.
I personally embrace 3rd party characters, though I embrace the ones with close relationships with Nintendo. This game is a celebration of Nintendo history and I think the 3rd parties play a role in that (Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man have done something with Nintendo and have a good relationship with them).

I rather not have Snake back because of the fact that, outside of a handful of games (most being remakes of games on other consoles), he has nothing to do with Nintendo. Iconic for sure, but he is more of a Sony character than a Nintendo one. That and I despise Konami for what they are doing and I rather that they stay away from Smash; wanting Bomberman may be hypocritical for me, but he is a character from my childhood and I view him as a Hudson property still.
Ryu is more of a gray area where he is kind of a Nintendo all-star with the numerous appearances he made on their consoles, but hasn't recently had too many games on their consoles (I dunno if the NX will get a SFV port...). I'm fine with his inclusion, though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hmm! So far so good! Nice!

I personally embrace 3rd party characters, though I embrace the ones with close relationships with Nintendo. This game is a celebration of Nintendo history and I think the 3rd parties play a role in that (Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man have done something with Nintendo and have a good relationship with them).

I rather not have Snake back because of the fact that, outside of a handful of games (most being remakes of games on other consoles), he has nothing to do with Nintendo. Iconic for sure, but he is more of a Sony character than a Nintendo one. That and I despise Konami for what they are doing and I rather that they stay away from Smash; wanting Bomberman may be hypocritical for me, but he is a character from my childhood and I view him as a Hudson property still.
Ryu is more of a gray area where he is kind of a Nintendo all-star with the numerous appearances he made on their consoles, but hasn't recently had too many games on their consoles (I dunno if the NX will get a SFV port...). I'm fine with his inclusion, though.
I actually just updated it. Bomberman went up to 59% and Shovel Knight just broke 50%! Good schtuffs. Snake dropped a bit too so all's good in the world.

Agreed on your Snake points. I hate Ryu too, although it's more a personal thing than anything I could justify, either way I hope he never ends up in Smash again.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Wolf- 74.2%
Inkling- 69.2%
Isaac- 68.7%
Ice Climbers- 66.1%
King K.Rool- 65.9%
Snake- 63.4%
Bomberman- 59%
Banjo and Kazooie- 56.1%
Dixie Kong- 54.8%
Chibi Robo- 53.7%
*Shovel Knight- 51.4%

It's not just cartoonish characters, Simon Belmont > Snake as well. He at least has a strong Nintendo connection.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's not just cartoonish characters, Simon Belmont > Snake as well. He at least has a strong Nintendo connection.
True, I'm still not much of a Simon Belmont fan though, but I'd definitely prefer him over Snake.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Idk, I like the characters, but if Retro is making another DKCR I'll be pretty irked.
Why? Retro made three Metroid Prime games, why can't they make three Donkey Kong Country games? Plus, DKCR alone sold more than the whole Metroid Prime series, it makes sense for Nintendo to capitalize on that. I actually hope they make another DKC if only to watch the fanboys crying. Though deep inside I still want Retro to make their own game, a completely new IP.

Anyways, as for Bomberman, he have all of my support. Super Bomberman 3 and 4 are two of the games I played the most as a kid.

Also, if there was to be a Castlevania rep, does anyone actually believe it would NOT be Alucard? The average gamer doesn't even know who Simon Belmont is.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Agreed on your Snake points. I hate Ryu too, although it's more a personal thing than anything I could justify, either way I hope he never ends up in Smash again.
I felt that way about Ryu until he got in but, after seeing what they can do with him, he seems a lot more whimsical and Smash friendly than he once did. I can see how others may not view him as enough so though, for me he is still a borderline case and, while I love the satisfaction of pulling off a Gou Hadouken, I'm still not convinced command moves are good for Smash. Also, why the hell did they map specials to A when they all use the fierce attack buttons in Streetfighter?

Snake I am totally against. He just did not fit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Good morning fellow Bombers! I present to you a gift of appreciation for the support of our favorite white bombing hero. So I've decided to go for a nostalgia approach while representing all Bomberman generations thanks to this fancy wallpaper I've found. And of course, I've went with his fancy Omni look since this alone should be enough to convince more people to support him. Hell, I've even went with following closely to the color of the text in most Bomberman logos. Feel free to use it for whatever purpose you want or you can find the high quality version on my DeviantArt page. :grin:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
So apparently Konami is stopping ALL "AAA games" from here on out. Honestly all I can say is: Bomberman in Smash or they are absolutely done for. Not Snake, Bomberman. He is a freakin' gaming icon for gods sake. And unless they do what Capcom did to dig themselves out of the grave: they are ****ed.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Konami is stopping ALL "AAA games" from here on out. Honestly all I can say is: Bomberman in Smash or they are absolutely done for. Not Snake, Bomberman. He is a freakin' gaming icon for gods sake. And unless they do what Capcom did to dig themselves out of the grave: they are ****ed.
They are? Konami, what happened to you?
I think they will pull a Capcom when they realized that they are going down the drain. Back then, Capcom was a very, very greedy company. Now, we have seen improvements in them when they were about to go bankrupt.
So, if this happens with their pachinko machines, then we will see things turn around.
I just wish that Nintendo could acquire the Bomberman franchise. It's not like Konami will do anything with it.

"R.I.P. Konami"

Said no one ever.
People are saying R.I.P. Konami.
It just means "Rest in Pieces Konami." :troll:

They are? Konami, what happened to you?
I think they will pull a Capcom when they realized that they are going down the drain. Back then, Capcom was a very, very greedy company. Now, we have seen improvements in them when they were about to go bankrupt.
So, if this happens with their pachinko machines, then we will see things turn around.
I just wish that Nintendo could acquire the Bomberman franchise. It's not like Konami will do anything with it.
Nintendo should also buy Metal Gear and Castlevania, possibly Gradius and Contra too.

Then they could hire Kojima and show a middle finger to Konami. :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I dreamed he got into Smash, so when I woke up I ran to my wii u... Then got super bummed when I realised it was a dream.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still want to say I don't hate Snake: But I still really feel Bomberman deserves it more. Sorry, Kojima: I still wish the best of luck for your future. But ol' White Bomber has been receiving neglect maybe even more than Mega Man... In fact: who remembers this?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konamis-explosive-tease-turns-out-to-be-a-disappoi/1100-6422296/

Pretty much proof they have done nothing but give the middle finger to BomberFans for quite some time now after canning the 3DS game.

D

Deleted member

I dreamed he got into Smash, so when I woke up I ran to my wii u... Then got super bummed when I realised it was a dream.
I know that feel.
I think I dreamed something like that once during speculation and I got super bummed out when I found out that I was dreaming.

I still want to say I don't hate Snake: But I still really feel Bomberman deserves it more. Sorry, Kojima: I still wish the best of luck for your future. But ol' White Bomber has been receiving neglect maybe even more than Mega Man... In fact: who remembers this?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konamis-explosive-tease-turns-out-to-be-a-disappoi/1100-6422296/

Pretty much proof they have done nothing but give the middle finger to BomberFans for quite some time now after canning the 3DS game.
I think it's safe to say that Bomberman is in a deeper hole than Mega Man.
Mega Man is a dormant franchise and had an unfortunate series of events; the canceling many Mega Man games after Inufune left, his absence in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and his appearance in Street Fighter X Tekken that got many fans angry. Even then, Capcom still recognizes and pays attention to the franchise, at least giving it some (albeit not great) games and recently a collection.
Bomberman is in a worse state because not only did he have one game be completely cancelled, but the series is in a dormant state with almost no hope. With Mega Man, there is some hope that he will make a comeback. For Bomberman, it seems highly unlikely because Konami is focusing on their own franchises and Konami is moving towards mobile gaming and pachinko machines; I doubt that they will make any legitimate game soon.
I am angry that Konami isn't selling off some of their IPs because they are wasting them.

They did that as well? Wow. More reasons to hate Konami...

D

Deleted member

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Maybe Konami will go bankrupt and their ip's will be acquired by various companies...

D

Deleted member

Maybe Konami will go bankrupt and their ip's will be acquired by various companies...
I want to see that happen to be honest.
It's not like Konami is doing anything with their IPs, other than wasting them.

Shantae and Shovel Knight as Top 2.
King K. Rool and Inkling listed as deconfirmed.

Yeah, not buying this. Especially when Shantae fans have spammed votes for her in polls before. Happy that Bomberman did good, though.

EDIT: One guy in the Wolf thread said that the creator was avid Shantae supporter, and prevented K. Rool from being voted in the poll. And apparently several characters (including K. Rool and Inkling) were on "Other" option.

Last edited:
It probably won't happen if their latest business move turns out to be lucrative for them, but I can't say I dislike the idea of Nintendo acquiring Bomberman and Hudson's other former properties. </selfishdesire>

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't know why I'm only saying it now, but I support. I owe a good deal of my childhood memories to Bomberman and friends.

I remember I designed a very bare-bones moveset for him back when Melee was a thing, which used the different gadgets from Bomberman 64 for each special move, and years later I kinda-not-really-joked that he'd be a fun "cartoon" clone of Snake, with bombs instead of grenades, the 'copter pack instead of the Cypher, etc.

He's got great potential and I'd love to see him tossin' bombs and kickin' about in the 8-bit Bomberman maze. It's a shame that Bomberman gradually faded into a spin-off star with (fun, yet quite repetitive) cash-in party games spawned every other year to milk the dying franchise for everything it's worth. Sigh.

To end on a more positive note: even if Bomberman doesn't get the chance to blow a hole in the Smash roster, he's an icon of my earliest days of gaming and I need to support him, even if it's just in spirit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom