• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Jump?

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
Who here actually uses Link's bomb jump?
I really think that this is a useful technique, but it is way too hard to perform in the air recovering from a smash or any other attack. It makes you pull out a bomb in the air which in turn makes you fast fall most of the time, and you really have to hit yourself right on the spot to make the bomb jump effective. Are there any tips for me to make me do this better. Are there any other techniques that would be good for Link to use so that he could get back on the satge faster, besides the wall grapple?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I use the bomb jump, but i dont rely on it every time, and yes sometimes when i pull out a bomb i fastfall, but if you press down and b fast, you won't fastfall, the way i do it is when hit off the stage i try to DI a bit to the stage and use double jump and pull a bomb right away i double jump, then DI towards the stge again (with the bomb) then throw it up it di toward the stage a bit, then di towards the bomb and the bomb must hit your back, once you preform the bomb jump sometimes its a bad thing using the grapple after that cause when the bomb hits you ,Link sometimes turn around , so i would say after doing the bomb jump use Spin attak.

DarkHero

Smash Cadet
Some stages like Battlefield I use it on because it's a bit harder to land hookshots on, but then again its not the most reliable form of recovery.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
use it when you have to because it works.
if you can land a hookshot or grab the edge with the up-b then don't use it.
^^^
those guys covered how to use it.
don't try it on yoshi's level.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
use it when you have to because it works.
if you can land a hookshot or grab the edge with the up-b then don't use it.
exactly. and it's not too hard to master either. you can practice it by yourself by going to training mode. get your damage to 75% or so, then set a bo-bomb--or whatever they're called--and let it hit you. jumping off the stage and doing it is just too easy and not very practical.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
it takes 6-7 second for the bomb to explode.just keep practicing is my advice

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Yea, it's a fun tech to do AND watch, but it's a little unreliable. Use the hookshot or upB whenever possible. If you get knocked off too far to recover regularly, then you should try the bomb-jump. Otherwise I think it's just too dangerous.

Aesir

Smash Master
I used it against a few people during friendlies last tourney and got a lot of. "wow nice" comments. >_>

once against PC, then proceeded to take a stock, then died, after I got tippered. lol

and some other times.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I have been saved countless times with it. Main thing is you just need to know when to use it and when you can make it back without it.

To perform the bomb jump, example: say you get smashed hard to the right or left of the stage with over 100% damage at somewhere like FD, you quickly notice you can't make it back without the bomb jump so this is what you do! Pull out a bomb quickly without fast falling then get that second jump in, as you rise, chunk the bomb up then spin attack (up+B) as fast as you can and move alittle towards the stage in the air then drift abit back into the bomb then spin attack again or hookshot the wall after it hits, if your lucky it have good knock back on link towards the stage for even more of a chance to get back. Hope that helps.

Aesir

Smash Master
I went into training mode set my damage at 300% then hyrule castle, then I dropped to that low point and tried to bomb jump to the top.

God the idea to do that after watching linkology, decided, meh it might be a good way to get the hang of it.

I mess up at 1/4th of the time. ;/

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Well I learned how to do it really well after months of using it in real matches. I practiced it on FD in training mode some but you really can't get the entire feel of it until you do it in real games over and over. Hyrule temple bottom area with 300+ damage might be a better way to practice if you don't have anyone to play against. I can do it about 90% of the time in a match without missing the bomb jump. Saves me maybe 35% of times tried due to the distance being to far enough even with the bomb jump which is still pretty good considering not doing it at all I wouldn't have been able to make it back. In rare cases you can even kill them with your bomb jump+hookshot+edge hog when they try to air attack you to keep you from coming back.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Technically bomb jump is a useful technique if you know when to use it. But it can also be dangerous if you perform it in the wrong way and in the wrong situation.

I personally use the bomb jump, and recently I've been using it in a lot of matches. Even though the bomb jump is risky, but there is still a chance to save yourself to get back on the stage.

So use it when you have to. You'll never know what will happen.

Top Bottom