• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Body City 2 Results: Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Finale

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Body City 2 Results
Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Finale
August 9, 2014
Ann Arbor, MI

Original Thread
Results Thread
Videos Archive

Great tournament everyone! I'm amazed we got 92 entrants. Michigan is very much on the rise, and both the turnout and the level of play we saw this past weekend really shows that.

I want to give shoutouts to the following people for a lot of TOing help throughout the day. The tourney wouldn't have been possible without their support:

Josh (SonuvaBeach)
Schmitty (XP)
Eric (401k)
Amine (Roki)
Richard (BloodyJoker)
kd (Chad)
Aaron (Shibby)
Josh (Fendrick Lamar)

However... this tourney ended on a sour note for me because Richard's laptop was apparently stolen. It was in a tan-colored backpack at the venue in the evening, but gone at the end of the tourney. If anyone accidentally took Richard's backpack and laptop, please please please let him know 248-705-0453. We just want it back, and there will be no hard feelings if it was an accident. If it wasn't an accident... that's bad news, and we might have to seriously consider some legit event security at these tourneys moving forward.

With that said, here are the results below.

Melee Singles (92 entrants)
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/bodycity2meleesingles
1: Duck :samusmelee:
2: Trail :icsmelee::ganondorfmelee:
3: KJH :foxmelee::falcomelee:
4: SonuvaBeach :sheikmelee:
5: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
5: tm :ganondorfmelee:
7: DarkLouis :foxmelee:
7: 1der :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::mariomelee:
9: Hellsing :marthmelee:
9: Ginger :foxmelee::falcomelee:
9: RyeJew :foxmelee:
9: Shibby :drmario:
13: Treetz :falcomelee:
13: Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee:
13: Rh1thmz :falcomelee:
13: Skigh :samusmelee:
17: Tran :foxmelee:
17: The Oak :jigglypuffmelee:
17: Game :samusmelee:
17: Identity Crisis
17: NJA :peachmelee:
17: Severest :icsmelee:
17: CTL | HTR.kd :foxmelee:
17: roki :foxmelee:
25: CAM :falcomelee:
25: mordicon
25: Rasto
25: Mules :falcomelee:
25: Napkin :sheikmelee:
25: Jono :foxmelee:
25: Warlock Don :ganondorfmelee:
25: Artificial Flavour :luigimelee:
33: Iron :mariomelee:
33: Jorb
33: Jobah Fett
33: Shark
33: Gambler
33: Garzal :marthmelee:
33: Sheebz
33: Sasha :pikachumelee:
33: RabidFingers
33: Deep C Squid :ganondorfmelee:
33: KLUB :foxmelee::falcomelee:
33: exJORDANary
33: Skraaaa
33: Egg
33: Paper
33: Psythr
49: SupaDragonYoshi
49: GG | 401k
49: Hamer
49: Lange
49: Nutsack
49: ShinsuYavi
49: Quang
49: Captain T Moonunit
49: Ant
49: tyl
49: Bean
49: XP
49: BamBam
49: Duba
49: M8Land
49: Goonsquad
65: Foxatron
65: rodohk
65: FendrickLamar
65: Duel :ganondorfmelee:
65: Slam
65: GG i4n
65: Heartstrings
65: Rage
65: Pyro
65: Djinn
65: kyosiga
65: K-New
65: Shader
65: Nick
65: Stif
65: Jace
81: Logan
81: avocado
81: marioman311
81: Killswitch
81: Moonpuncher
81: Master HAM
81: SETHiroth
81: Mustachio
81: Ketabud
81: Ace
81: Ron Diesel

Help me fill out the characters everyone used! Let me know in the results thread here.

-- SMASHBOARDS RANKINGS --
Body City 2 Melee Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Duck
$240.00
2nd
Trail
$96.00
3rd
KJH
$67.20
4th
SonuvaBeach
$43.20
5th
tm
$16.80
5th
Juggleguy
$16.80
7th
DarkLouis
7th
1der
9th
Shibby
9th
Hellsing

Melee Doubles (27 teams)
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/bodycity2meleedoubles
1: Duck + RyeJew
2: KJH + Juggleguy
3: tm + 1der
4: SonuvaBeach + Ginger
5: Jono + Butch G
5: BloodyJoker + DarkLouis
7: Warlock Don + Hellsing
7: Napkin + Nutsack
9: Severest + The Oak
9: CAM + Shibby
9: CTL | kd + roki
9: Game + Duel
13: Skigh + exJORDANary
13: Stif + Goonsquad
13: Caleb + Garzal
13: avocado + Rabidfingers
17: Treetz + mordicon
17: Ant + Hamer
17: Jorb + Ace
17: Nick + Sheebz
17: Big Brother + AbsentOne
17: K-New + Grizzy Vizzy
17: Egg + rodohk
17: Gage + Foxatron
25: Master HAM + Moonpuncher
25: andrewparlette + Ketabud
25: Iron + Skraaa

Michigan Melee Summer Circuit 2014 Points

http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-melee-summer-circuit-2014.352876/

Final 2014 standings are as follows:

1. Duck - 70 pts
2. KJH - 46 pts
3. Trail - 39 pts
4. Kalamazhu - 34 pts
5. SonuvaBeach - 31 pts
6. Blake - 16 pts
7. Juggleguy - 15 pts
8. Shady - 13 pts
9. Moose - 11 pts
10. Bigy - 5 pts
11. Shibby - 4 pts

So in addition to their tourney winnings here, Duck gets +$84 and KJH gets +$36, for getting 1st and 2nd in the circuit, respectively. I'll send the circuit money through PayPal this week.

Thanks for attending, everyone. Make sure to come to The Big House 4 in October, it's gonna be amazing! And for the latest news and discussion, join the Michigan Melee Facebook group.

Last edited:

Napkin

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to having to play my brother in loser's bracket, and shoutouts to him playing my other brother right after.
Oh and Treetz went all Falco in bracket, and I went sheik

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shoutouts to having to play my brother in loser's bracket, and shoutouts to him playing my other brother right after.
Yeah I saw that, sucks >_>

Can't do much to change losers bracket matchups, unfortunately.

tm

Smash Ace
Character selections (not sure how correct you want to be with these...):
1der also played Falcon, Mario, and Marth lol
KJH also played Falco
KLUB played Fox and Falco
Duel used Ganondorf

Good tourney, I had a ton of fun.

EDIT: Question: What was the criteria for bypassing pools? Definitely didn't expect to get that

Last edited:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Great tourny! Especially awesome because I was able to go to a family event in the middle of the day and skip pools. I was really happy with the # of setups that you guys brought out. We certainly filled the venue, which was awesome. Keep it up guys!

Shout outs to KJH and Trail for wrecking me
to Chad for attending
and to melee, for still being fun all these years later
good games everyone I played, see you at the Beachin Biweeklies to be announced soon

It happens man :( sadly we as TO's have no control over loser's bracket. We have a system that guarantees no rematches (assuming no upsets) for first two rounds of winners and three rounds of losers, but beyond that nothing can be done. At the last Shape tournament that we attended the losers bracket was, in order, Dre > Soul, Beach > Soul, Beach > Taki, Beach > KJH. I got 5th place and Mi only was knocked out by MI. Brackets are rough sometimes. Keep improving man!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
s/o's to Joker for being a good dubs partner, Hellsing for getting your revenge and knocking me out to losers, Juggle for bodying me game 2, 1der for exploring Ann Arbor and picking up some swag/tacos, and to treetz and mordicon to taking me to game 3. Won't be long before we see you both up there in the results!

Last edited:

Mulelish

Smash Rookie
Identity Crisis plays Falco, Fox
Rasto plays Peach
Rapid Fingers plays Marth, Sheik
I actually went Puff for one game this tourny also if that **** really matters.

Shoutouts to all the TOs for running a smooth and quick tourny. Shoutouts to everyone for the insane amount of setups brought. It was nice being able to just see multiple open setups across the venue ready for friendlies. Shoutouts to JuggleFox for being a scrub and smacktalking. I actually love smack talk cuz I think it makes the game more fun, as long as no gets too butthurt (Pancheros tasted sooooooo ****ing good with dat 5 dolla bill doe). Good **** to Identity Crisis and Game for fun bracket sets. Can't wait for the next tourny.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Josh (SonuvaBeach)
Schmitty (XP)
Eric (401k)
Amine (Roki)
Richard (BloodyJoker)
kd (Chad)
Aaron (Shibby)
Josh (Fendrick Lamar)

One of these is not like the others...

Last edited:

Paper_M

Smash Rookie
This tournament was run really nicely, there were plenty of exciting matches, and lots of entrants!
Also I played only Sheik during the entire tournament.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Massive shoutouts to Juggleguy, best TO~! o7
Thanks for organizing yet another great tournament!

After Super SWEET and EVO, this was the third I've been to.
Both tournaments, I got swiftly knocked out without winning a single game.
I don't know if it's because I've been practicing or because it's local, but...
First time I managed to win a game (and two sets at that!) in a tournament!
I think it went something like 2-0, 0-2, 0-2, 2-1.
Double milestone achievement, SUCCESS! \o/

Next time, I'm going to win a pool! Just you wait! >:D
BRING IT, BIG HOUSE 4!

Last edited:

CTL17

Smash Lord
Massive shoutouts to Juggleguy, best TO~! o7
Thanks for organizing yet another great tournament!

After Super SWEET and EVO, this was the third I've been to.
Both tournaments, I got swiftly knocked out without winning a single game.
I don't know if it's because I've been practicing or because it's local, but...
First time I managed to win a game (and two sets at that!) in a tournament!
I think it went something like 2-0, 0-2, 0-2, 2-1.
Double milestone achievement, SUCCESS! \o/

Next time, I'm going to win a pool! Just you wait! >:D
BRING IT, BIG HOUSE 4!
Haha I really like your achievement signature. Although, I think you should put "Make it out of a pool" before "Win a pool." It's quite likely you'll place top16 before you win a pool in a smaller tournament like this.

Napkin

Smash Cadet
Haha I really like your achievement signature. Although, I think you should put "Make it out of a pool" before "Win a pool." It's quite likely you'll place top16 before you win a pool in a smaller tournament like this.
Coincidentally, none of top 16 even did pools.

kd-

Smash Lord
My now archaic post tourney shoutouts style:

1: Duck :samusmelee: - Grats dude, you're a beast. That combo on me in doubles though, salt. You taunting Juggleguy, and turning to look at KJH(?) after combing him provided some of the best moments of this tournament
2: Trail :icsmelee::ganondorfmelee: - Grats on second, love your ICs style
3: KJH :foxmelee::falcomelee: - need that Howie's disc if you want to win
4: SonuvaBeach :sheikmelee: - gg's in tourney, hope your family relations aren't strained lol
5: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Nice job running the tourney, thanks for doing commentary with me
5: tm :ganondorfmelee: - What a beast, great showing
7: DarkLouis :foxmelee: - Awesome job
7: 1der :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::mariomelee: - you fraud, cmonnnnnnnnn!You're still sick though
9: RyeJew :foxmelee: - gg's in teams, good showing
9: Shibby :drmario: - gg's in teams
13: Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee: - gg's in bracket, PR Dre is the truth
17: CTL | HTR.kd :foxmelee: - I'll represent CTL better next time perhaps
17: roki :foxmelee: - I hate you and you know why.
25: CAM :falcomelee: - gg's in teams
25: Warlock Don :ganondorfmelee: - gg's in bracket. Playing you in tourney is way too surreal
25: Artificial Flavour :luigimelee: - gg's in friendlies,
33: Jobah Fett - gg's in pools
33: Sasha :pikachumelee: - hue
33: RabidFingers - gg's in teams
33: Skraaaa - gg's in bracket
49: Bean - gg's in pools
49: XP - thanks for helping TO
65: FendrickLamar - thanks for doing commentary with me
81: avocado - gg's in teams
81: Ron Diesel - the legendary Ron Diesel

Shoutouts to the dude winning the tournament and circuit and not taking us out to eat afterwards
Shoutouts to scum that steals stuff
Shoutouts to my sponsor CTL
Shoutouts to getting a shoutout for just attending -_-# adding that to the pile including 'shoutouts to chad for cheering for me'
Shoutouts to teammates

Sheebz

Smash Rookie
Thank you for a great tournament.

Shout out to Warlock Don - Getting Falcon Punched twice in doubles, then finishing the match with a Warlock Punch.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What was the criteria for the top 16 seeds (that bypassed pools)?
Originally there were supposed to be only 8 people who skipped pools, going by circuit performance as listed at the bottom of this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-melee-summer-circuit-2014.352876/

But the turnout was so huge that it became 16 people. I manually picked the last 8 based on past tourney results + my own opinion, lol. A bit arbitrary, sure, but I think it worked out well. Everyone got to play more evenly-matched opponents in pools, and the bracket was still hype due to the top 16 talent in attendance.

tm

Smash Ace
By the grace of CTL | HTR.kd, I will also post archaic-style shoutouts, because I secretly love that **** but don't want to be the only guy that does it.

1: Duck :samusmelee: Good **** as usual! Consistency is the name of the game, and you've got it. Thanks to your help from last week I was able to beat the other 2 samus players in bracket, and your advice continues to be really helpful. Let's play again soon.
2: Trail :icsmelee::ganondorfmelee: Good showing, but Duck 2 gud. Glad you gave the ganon a shot!
3: KJH :foxmelee::falcomelee: Nice job here and with #2 in the circuit. Your dominance is only a matter of time if you keep at it.
4: SonuvaBeach :sheikmelee: Nice placing and GGs. But I didn't lose to you because my character. You should give me more than 2 shots at you before you tell me to give up! Although I appreciate what I suppose is your concern for my success. Hope things are still chill with your folks.
5: Juggleguy :falconmelee: Good job not being double eliminated by Toledo ;) Awesome tourney. Snuggles all around.
5: tm :ganondorfmelee: lol
7: DarkLouis :foxmelee: Nice job getting this far dude, and it was fun. I hope your confidence got a little boost from that.
7: 1der :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::mariomelee: You scrub.
9: Hellsing :marthmelee: GGs.
9: Shibby :drmario: GGs.
13: Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee: Is that a pika icon?
13: Skigh :samusmelee: GGs dude, closest set I've had in a long time. Keep leveling up, you've got the support of the best player in the state lol
17: Game :samusmelee: GGs. I was still a little salty from just losing my WB match so sorry if I wasn't all that personable.
17: CTL | HTR.kd :foxmelee: You da bess. I'm happy you came out, and your commentary is legitimately good.
17: roki :foxmelee: GGs. Warlock kick OP
25: Warlock Don :ganondorfmelee: Keep it real with the dorf. Let's play again soon.
33: Garzal :marthmelee: 'Twas fun dude. We gotta play more consistently.
33: Sasha :pikachumelee: What happened? Don't be a quitter.
33: Deep C Squid :ganondorfmelee: dorf
33: KLUB Nice job making it out dude (and later I realized that pools were actually playing for 2nd and 3rd seeds, which didn't play 1st seeds 1st round, so it didn't really matter that much). Keep it up; you're getting good quickly.
49: M8Land You too. Keep it up
65: Duel The fact that you've only been playing for 2 months is still hard to believe. Keep going and work to improve, not win. Best Gdorf main in MI in no time.
65: Stif Nice commentary again. Not sure how to critique, but if I think of something, I'll let you know.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
1: Duck :samusmelee: - Can't wait to play you in bracket, good stuff winning yet again
2: Trail :icsmelee::ganondorfmelee: - GG's, looking forward to playing you again
3: KJH :foxmelee::falcomelee: - Next set is mine
4: SonuvaBeach :sheikmelee: - stop doing dumb stuff
5: Juggleguy :falconmelee:- one more great tourny in the books, good work as always
5: tm :ganondorfmelee: - ha yeah it isn't that I don't think it's impossible, I just have a lot of respect for your skill (after getting wrecked in doubles again and at ROM3), and I can't help but feel that part of the reason I won is simply how bad the MU is. You're improving quickly though and it's awesome to see. Looking forward to our next set
7: DarkLouis :foxmelee: - good placing man and keep improving. Toledo is on the way up
7: 1der :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::mariomelee: - salty we went even in our MM's. Good stuff though on beating JG and improving. That's that 1der ****
9: Hellsing :marthmelee: - we didn't play BC sheik sux and marth sux
9: Ginger :foxmelee::falcomelee: - good work in teams man, I had a lot of fun. I'm really salty about that last game but it was definitely a good experience. If we team again I'm sure we'll do better. GG's
9: RyeJew :foxmelee: - let's play at the next tourny, glad that you're becoming more active
9: Shibby :drmario: - GG's in bracket. Made sure to give it my all after last time, next time might be your day :p
13: Treetz :falcomelee: - didn't play but we should have
13: Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee: - I saw that G&W!
13: Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - GG's in the few that we played in. Just overall safer play and decisions is what you need to work on
13: Skigh :samusmelee: - GG's in bracket man. You did almost have both those games, good ****. Looking forward to our next set
17: Tran :foxmelee: - wish we would have go to play but you're improving quickly
17: The Oak :jigglypuffmelee:- OAKFOX IS UNDEFEATED IN TOURNAMENT OOHOOHOHOHOOHHO
17: Game :samusmelee:- didn't play, should have
17: Identity Crisis - same as above >_<
17: NJA :peachmelee: - keep improving. I appreciated what I learned from playing you last week this week :)
17: Severest :icsmelee: - scoring some better and better wins. Keep it up Sam!
17: CTL | HTR.kd :foxmelee:- gg's and great seeing you twice in one week?!
17: roki :foxmelee:- always fun chilling with you and moving trinitrons
25: mordicon - gg's in the few that we got to play man!
25: Warlock Don :ganondorfmelee: - good seeing you man! glad you're going to be around more
25: Artificial Flavour :luigimelee:- didn't get to play, but i wanted that $$$$$$$
33: Egg - good stuff TJ. Let's play soon because I think we all have played only once?!
49: GG | 401k - we should have played, thanks for all help with the tourny and it's always fun seeing you
49: Hamer - Try not to get salty about losing. It's really hard, but you just started attending tournaments this year and others have been attending for yeaaars. If you can take every loss as a learning experience you'll keep improving rapidly.
49: Ant - didn't get to play this time but your falco is improving. Just keep trying to actively think and you're going to have a breakthrough soon
65: rodohk - keep improving. It's awesome seeing your improvement and I look forward to playing you this week and seeing how I can help
Maitland - sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you after the MM. It's hard when the game is constantly interrupted and you're getting advice and barely get enough time to really focus. next time I'll try to make it more worth it for you. Keep improving though and I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. Biggest thing is movement and learning what you're trying to bait/accomplish with the movement
Couple people I played in friendlies - I remember you! Specifically the guy who said he attended my tournaments but then found out he missed the last one lmao. Good games you all and I look forward to playing you again. Introduce yourself again and I'll remember your name soon, promise :) I'm trying.

See you all at Beachin Biweeklies starting next week hopefully!

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh, and sorry to those who wanted to play me in friendlies/moneymatches in the evening, I got caught up with TOing stuff as usual and then couldn't pass up the chance to commentate with the legendary Chad himself, haha. We'll play at the next Michigan local.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Thanks for the advice! Changed it a bit to more accurately reflect what I'm aiming to accomplish. :)

Nutsack

Smash Rookie
shout out to napkin for going hard with me in doubles, that was prolly the highlight of the tourney for me

shout out to severest for getting 2nd seed in my pool then beating 1st seed in my brothers pool so I have an excuse for not making bracket :joyful:lol
i got 5th seed at super sweet to your 4th in pools, and at body city 3rd seed to your 2nd. hopefully our games keep getting closer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom