• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

By 2020, I'd be a fair way into my college education, I could conquer the stairs, and I could have a lovely friend to hang out with.
...the first one is probably the only one that actually happens.
"Insert Google's definition of that word here."

:upsidedown:
Heh heh.
Okay. Fine. I'll finish it well before the end of this year. lol
And then after you finish it, you gotta beat the game again but with just your feet. :upsidedown:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
36 level creators

I'm fully aware lol

It beats a hurricane of puns by a long shot.

I'm either bored as **** or just prepared to make my own entertainment. That's how it goes with me.
By the way, have you ever heard of "Bot, The Little Water Bottle That Simply Couldn't"? :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

How did I not see that coming?
I actually thought about going through with it but I thought this would be better, haha.

Y'know, I just remembered. I got Mario Maker when it came out... but I haven't done much of anything aside from one completed level I didn't upload and a small amount of messing around. Maybe it's because I didn't have much desire to construct a Mario level or maybe the game was too limiting for my liking, I dunno.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I actually thought about going through with it but I thought this would be better, haha.

Y'know, I just remembered. I got Mario Maker when it came out... but I haven't done much of anything aside from one completed level I didn't upload and a small amount of messing around. Maybe it's because I didn't have much desire to construct a Mario level or maybe the game was too limiting for my liking, I dunno.
Well it did get me, lol

Neither have I. It's mostly a case of not getting many opportunities to play it and wanting to play Smash and Hyrule Warriors instead for me, though.

Creating a good level can take a lot of time, being fair.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Neither have I. It's mostly a case of not getting many opportunities to play it and wanting to play Smash and Hyrule Warriors instead for me, though.

Creating a good level can take a lot of time, being fair.
Yeah, good point but still. I can stay interested and did when I made the one level I finished but I just couldn't keep it up for a consistent amount of time. That and maybe it's just me, but I felt kind of restricted at points with what the game offers as in, the aesthetics you can choose from with each game style, the music you can't change and if you want to have your own music and have an actual level, you have to be really creative with it, and the level space, good grief, the level space. There were plenty of times where I had to crunch down and/or cut out sections because I ran out of space to use, and there's a block limit too. Small stuff save for the last one, but it's stuff that kind of gets to me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, good point but still. I can stay interested and did when I made the one level I finished but I just couldn't keep it up for a consistent amount of time. That and maybe it's just me, but I felt kind of restricted at points with what the game offers as in, the aesthetics you can choose from with each game style, the music you can't change and if you want to have your own music and have an actual level, you have to be really creative with it, and the level space, good grief, the level space. There were plenty of times where I had to crunch down and/or cut out sections because I ran out of space to use, and there's a block limit too. Small stuff save for the last one, but it's stuff that kind of gets to me.
Understandable. Haven't done much with it myself yet, but even with all you can do layout-wise, those features do sound very limited.

I'll guess the block limit at the very least is there for a fair reason (maybe performance?) but I couldn't be sure. I don't know if Nintendo will be doing anything like a Mario Maker sequel at some point, but if they do, hopefully they'll remedy those restrictions and give people more freedom with those kind of features.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Status update: in a Navy ship museum filled with screaming kids. You can all probably guess my current mood right now.

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Understandable. Haven't done much with it myself yet, but even with all you can do layout-wise, those features do sound very limited.

I'll guess the block limit at the very least is there for a fair reason (maybe performance?) but I couldn't be sure. I don't know if Nintendo will be doing anything like a Mario Maker sequel at some point, but if they do, hopefully they'll remedy those restrictions and give people more freedom with those kind of features.
You also can't do vertical levels, your only bosses are Bowser and Bowser Jr. though I've seen people get creative and make boss fights without using either one, there are no slopes oddly enough, and there's only so much pipes and doors can do for you. Pipes can give you more space to work with but you still have the same limitations and as for doors, well, you're restricted to just four so you can't do some wacky kaizo maze. Also, not everything is unlocked right away in Mario Maker (not sure if they ditched that part) although they did speed up the process so you can just spam blocks and get everything unlocked straight away. I dunno why they did it like this but they did and it's silly. I'm sure that performance issues were very much a reason that the limit is there however it does not change the fact that it's still limiting.

I dunno either, I'd like to see that with improvements to what I mentioned and maybe add in some original stuff for people to mess with. Me personally, I'd love the same concept with DKC since I love those games and because trying to do ROM hacks for those games is an absolute nightmare as it requires being able to code.

Also, morniiiiiiing. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You also can't do vertical levels, your only bosses are Bowser and Bowser Jr. though I've seen people get creative and make boss fights without using either one, there are no slopes oddly enough, and there's only so much pipes and doors can do for you. Pipes can give you more space to work with but you still have the same limitations and as for doors, well, you're restricted to just four so you can't do some wacky kaizo maze. Also, not everything is unlocked right away in Mario Maker (not sure if they ditched that part) although they did speed up the process so you can just spam blocks and get everything unlocked straight away. I dunno why they did it like this but they did and it's silly. I'm sure that performance issues were very much a reason that the limit is there however it does not change the fact that it's still limiting.

I dunno either, I'd like to see that with improvements to what I mentioned and maybe add in some original stuff for people to mess with. Me personally, I'd love the same concept with DKC since I love those games and because trying to do ROM hacks for those games is an absolute nightmare as it requires being able to code.

Also, morniiiiiiing. :upsidedown:
..huh, the only things I knew out of all that was the lack of slopes (which is pretty lame if not inexcusable, imo) and the unlocking system. Goes to show how little I've done with the game. It really is a lot more limited than I realized....

Maybe we'll get another one someday. Even with the limits the game has still enjoyed a huge success. If Nintendo hopes to do more with what this one established, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I'm not a coder myself but level creators are something I've always enjoyed, narrows things down to simply using your creativity and patience to build a level and a challenge for it. Creators of other games like DKC and Zelda could be pretty fun if Nintendo is ever willing to branch out and allow this kind of stuff for their other franchises.

Apparently there's also a fan project going around called Mega Maker, which as you probably guessed, allows you to create Mega Man-based levels. Nintendo also now seems to have Zelda Maker kept in mind, if only because some fans started suggesting the idea. I totally didn't find out these pieces of information just from searching Mario Maker up and seeing them in the news earlier.

And afternoon lol

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

..huh, the only things I knew out of all that was the lack of slopes (which is pretty lame if not inexcusable, imo) and the unlocking system. Goes to show how little I've done with the game. It really is a lot more limited than I realized....

Maybe we'll get another one someday. Even with the limits the game has still enjoyed a huge success. If Nintendo hopes to do more with what this one established, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I'm not a coder myself but level creators are something I've always enjoyed, narrows things down to simply using your creativity and patience to build a level and a challenge for it. Creators of other games like DKC and Zelda could be pretty fun if Nintendo is ever willing to branch out and allow this kind of stuff for their other franchises.
I'm not trying to deter you from playing the game but I'm just explaining why I found it difficult to work with at times. It is impressive what people can do with it but I'm not one of those people.

They might not do other game series with it but another Mario Maker would be neat if they decide to considering its success (as much as the Wii U let it be successful anyway).
Apparently there's also a fan project going around called Mega Maker, which as you probably guessed, allows you to create Mega Man-based levels. Nintendo also now seems to have Zelda Maker kept in mind, if only because some fans started suggesting the idea. I totally didn't find out these pieces of information just from searching Mario Maker up and seeing them in the news earlier.
I know all about it. It releases tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to that because you know how I am with Mega Man and because it seems simpler to me since I can work on one screen at a time. Some people got early downloads and it seems like there's more room to work with and you can actually do vertical levels. Also, there's like 46 different types of spikes, haha.
And afternoon lol
Afternoon to you too. The front of my house has had mushrooms growing lately and there's sort of a storm outside, it's not very strong so I'm not nervous like I usually am with them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
55 Late responses.

I'm not trying to deter you from playing the game but I'm just explaining why I found it difficult to work with at times. It is impressive what people can do with it but I'm not one of those people.

They might not do other game series with it but another Mario Maker would be neat if they decide to considering its success (as much as the Wii U let it be successful anyway).
I get that, I'm mostly just surprised, is all. And that's perfectly understandable (I couldn't do half the stuff people behind the impressive levels do lol).

One can hope.

I know all about it. It releases tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to that because you know how I am with Mega Man and because it seems simpler to me since I can work on one screen at a time. Some people got early downloads and it seems like there's more room to work with and you can actually do vertical levels. Also, there's like 46 different types of spikes, haha.
Figured you'd enjoy it. Yeah, it does seem to give a lot more freedom for that stuff.

Are they mostly just reskins of the same hazard or do they actually do different things?

Afternoon to you too. The front of my house has had mushrooms growing lately and there's sort of a storm outside, it's not very strong so I'm not nervous like I usually am with them.
With this response being much later, I'll ask this; is the storm still going?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Figured you'd enjoy it. Yeah, it does seem to give a lot more freedom for that stuff.

Are they mostly just reskins of the same hazard or do they actually do different things?
You also have like 12 bosses, every level track from the NES Mega Mans, and tons of tilesets. Then there will be future updates that will have stuff from 7, 8, 9, and 10.

And yes, they're just reskins. I just found having 46 different types of spikes to be funny.
With this response being much later, I'll ask this; is the storm still going?
It stopped some time ago.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
56 Ponies wondering what the others are up to.

(Jesus, the 4G service at this hotel really is awful)
Hiya jason. Well, im...not well. Trying to help my gf with some personal stuff but she just tells me "im fine" even though she clearly isnt. I want to help her and be involved in her life but she wont let me right now. It's not sitting with me well...

Just trying to talk to her is all i have been up to, aside from watching the sox game

-nbm-

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
65 seems like the Dodgers are trying to tempt the O's into parting ways with Britain.. My stance is still **** NO.. There's no way in this universe that the O's should trade him away to ANY team..

Top Bottom