• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thanks buddy!

-nbm-
I'd imagine you had a good one? :p

Did you do anything with your dad? We went to dinner with mine and my mother's and gave them a gift or two, but that was about it.
He's been feeling ill for a few days, so there wasn't much the family including myself could do in close contact with him, and he was too tired at some points for activities we might've been able to do otherwise, but we were able to have a nice breakfast and dinner specially made and planned for him, and everyone in the family gave him some cards and gifts (I got him some gloves for grilling and a little flashlight attachment for grill tools) so that was nice, I think.

We also all watched John Wick 2 in the evening, and had a blast with that. It was a quiet and slow day but we still enjoyed some time together, so I'd say it was a good one. It sounds like yours was good too. Sometimes you just need to a few things for the occasion, so long as it's good time spent together and a little something to show appreciation for him. I know that was what it was like for us this time, and it went well apart from the illness itself, of course.

He's actually my step-dad, might I add, but he's no less important to me. He's become an important part of my life in the last few years.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I'd imagine you had a good one? :p

He's been feeling ill for a few days, so there wasn't much the family including myself could do in close contact with him, and he was too tired at some points for activities we might've been able to do otherwise, but we were able to have a nice breakfast and dinner specially made and planned for him, and everyone in the family gave him some cards and gifts (I got him some gloves for grilling and a little flashlight attachment for grill tools) so that was nice, I think.

We also all watched John Wick 2 in the evening, and had a blast with that. It was a quiet and slow day but we still enjoyed some time together, so I'd say it was a good one. It sounds like yours was good too. Sometimes you just need to a few things for the occasion, so long as it's good time spent together and a little something to show appreciation for him. I know that was what it was like for us this time, and it went well apart from the illness itself, of course.

He's actually my step-dad, might I add, but he's no less important to me. He's become an important part of my life in the last few years.
Yep yep. Our family treated my dad out to an Italian restaurant, and we got him a couple gifts. We also set up the hammock for him and he chilled in it for a while.

I'm glad you got to spend time with him <3

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Aww... :)
Hope you had a good time with your day and the movie.
And I did not know that. Huh. He's still a dad either way though and that's the important thing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yep yep. Our family treated my dad out to an Italian restaurant, and we got him a couple gifts. We also set up the hammock for him and he chilled in it for a while.

I'm glad you got to spend time with him <3

-nbm-
Ah nice. I hope the dinner was good. And hey, you can't go wrong with a little personal time to himself, either. It's the day for every dad to both spend quality time with his family and just kick back and relax.

And thank you!

Aww... :)
Hope you had a good time with your day and the movie.
And I did not know that. Huh. He's still a dad either way though and that's the important thing.
Illness aside, we really did.

Very much so. I'll admit it felt kinda odd at first since I didn't grow up with a dad, but in my teen years he's become important to us and to myself, and I absolutely consider him a part of the family.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Illness aside, we really did.

Very much so. I'll admit it felt kinda odd at first since I didn't grow up with a dad, but in my teen years he's become important to us and to myself, and I absolutely consider him a part of the family.
Good to hear.

Again, never knew that. My dad never grew up with a dad either.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Wait, what happened to the site this time?

I didn't come by here until later in the morning.

Good to hear.

Again, never knew that. My dad never grew up with a dad either.
Late for me to respond, but figured I might as well still do so since the one reason I didn't last night was because it was too late for me.

Yeah. From what I recall it isn't something I've talked about all that much on the site, aside from a few different posts on my mother and stepfather's wedding which I made well over two years ago.

And huh. He didn't either?

A friend of mine on discord just found out about my avatar here and posted it.
It was pretty funny.
I want to hear how that turned out. :laugh:

26 oral surgeries I finished
On a more serious note, how did that go?

Luig

Confused

It had an invalid security certificate, browsers wouldn't let you come onto it because that's never a safe thing.

On a more serious note, how did that go?
It went fine.
They had to remove a tooth that was stuck in the gums, sideways, and on the wrong side of the mouth.
It took about 30 minutes.
The anesthesia must've been pretty weak because I was able to count down to 48, but during the last 10 seconds it took a lot of willpower to not fall asleep. It was like a bad drug trip.
I'm fine now, mouth was bleeding but it's stopped. My entire left mouth and chin are numb though.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Security certificate expired. The site couldn't be accessed but it's fixed now.
Late for me to respond, but figured I might as well still do so since the one reason I didn't last night was because it was too late for me.

Yeah. From what I recall it isn't something I've talked about all that much on the site, aside from a few different posts on my mother and stepfather's wedding which I made well over two years ago.

And huh. He didn't either?
Doesn't seem like the kind of thing that comes up normally. Can't really imagine what it's like growing up without a father.

Yup, I don't think he's even seen his dad ever.
"Okay dude, what the hell?"
"Did you lose a bet or something?"
"lmao"
"This guy ain't horsing around"
:p
At least that's what I think happened until Luig spoiled the surprise. :p

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It had an invalid security certificate, browsers wouldn't let you come onto it because that's never a safe thing.

Security certificate expired. The site couldn't be accessed but it's fixed now.
Ah, figures.

Glad it's all back to normal now.

Well that was something. :laugh:

It went fine.
They had to remove a tooth that was stuck in the gums, sideways, and on the wrong side of the mouth.
It took about 30 minutes.
The anesthesia must've been pretty weak because I was able to count down to 48, but during the last 10 seconds it took a lot of willpower to not fall asleep. It was like a bad drug trip.
I'm fine now, mouth was bleeding but it's stopped. My entire left mouth and chin are numb though.
It's usually better when it doesn't take long to do.

The rest of that doesn't sound any good, though I'm glad to hear the bleeding's done at least. I'm not sure how long it would take for that numbness to wear off, but I hope you're able to get any rest you need now.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing that comes up normally. Can't really imagine what it's like growing up without a father.

Yup, I don't think he's even seen his dad ever.
Makes sense, and conversely, for the longest time I couldn't really imagine what it was like to grow up with a father. I think you'd probably have live in such a way to get a really good and personal idea of what it's like. That being said, I can kinda get a better picture of what it might've been like growing up with a dad now that there is one in my life.

That's also the same case for me and my father, as well.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Makes sense, and conversely, for the longest time I couldn't really imagine what it was like to grow up with a father. I think you'd probably have live in such a way to get a really good and personal idea of what it's like. That being said, I can kinda get a better picture of what it might've been like growing up with a dad now that there is one in my life.

That's also the same case for me and my father, as well.
Yeah, it must have been strange seeing other kids with their dads. It has to be a lot of work to raise a kid without a father.

Not even a picture. I've never even seen a picture of him (nor has my dad I think, I don't remember) and the only person who probably would have pictures is my dad's mother.
It's usually better when it doesn't take long to do.

The rest of that doesn't sound any good, though I'm glad to hear the bleeding's done at least. I'm not sure how long it would take for that numbness to wear off, but I hope you're able to get any rest you need now.
I just let the anesthesia take over when I had my wisdom teeth removed so it didn't feel like it took long.
The bleeding, well, that happens. Numbness will take time but it will go away.

Luig

Confused
I just wanted to see how long I could fight it kind of as a challenge, and to see what it feels like.
It almost feels like you're floating when it really starts trying to knock you out.
It really takes a lot of willpower to stay awake.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, it must have been strange seeing other kids with their dads. It has to be a lot of work to raise a kid without a father.

Not even a picture. I've never even seen a picture of him (nor has my dad I think, I don't remember) and the only person who probably would have pictures is my dad's mother.
It was sometimes. But I was used to not having a dad from the get-go, so it more or less felt normal to me.

And it very much is a lot of work.

Was he ever curious enough about it to your knowledge?

Again, I've always been used to not having one or knowing mine, so it wasn't really something I ever thought about at all much. It still isn't. I do know enough to have decided that I couldn't care less about the guy.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It was sometimes. But I was used to not having a dad from the get-go, so it more or less felt normal to me.

And it very much is a lot of work.
I see, I can imagine a kid without a father but I can't imagine myself without one.

Very much so.
Was he ever curious enough about it to your knowledge?

Again, I've always been used to not having one or knowing mine, so it wasn't really something I ever thought about at all much. It still isn't. I do know enough to have decided that I couldn't care less about the guy.
I would assume so.

Oh, I'm guessing he doesn't sound like a good person.

Also, I love how we're talking about dads the day after Father's Day lol

Top Bottom