• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's a pretty good description of this thread. Nowadays there's less RPs here but still plenty of ponies and weirdness.
"The Bob-omb Counting Social: Where you come expecting to count bob-ombs against the staff, but end up finding roleplaying, ponies, and discussions that have nothing to do with actual bob-ombs or counting them."

I think like 3 of us had Starlight avatars one time.
I remember that too.

Twas a bit less of a theme and more of us all wanting to use pictures of that same character around that time.

I'm a man of my word
...huh, I actually wasn't sure that was going to happen :lol:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

"The Bob-omb Counting Social: Where you come expecting to count bob-ombs against the staff, but end up finding roleplaying, ponies, and discussions that have nothing to do with actual bob-ombs or counting them."
Hell, most of the time we don't even put bob-ombs in our posts! We either just put a number or something else entirely... or neither. The thread is more like a social with numbers in it.
I remember that too.

Twas a bit less of a theme and more of us all wanting to use pictures of that same character around that time.
Fair point lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs I'm watching that video now. :grin:

Hell, most of the time we don't even put bob-ombs in our posts! We either just put a number or something else entirely... or neither. The thread is more like a social with numbers in it.
Yeah, only a minority of us actually count Bob-ombs anymore. And said minority of us also tend to put in only numbers when we happen to have something else to say in the post (like these ones for example, lol)

It's evolved in some interesting ways over the years lol. It's a sometimes odd social community, but a social community nonetheless.

Why not?
Oh crap, is this how it starts again? Using a pony avatar as a joke? No, I won't get sucked back in....
:lol:
I wouldn't know. :p It's something you'll find out for yourself....

Also, this kinda reminds me of back when bets were a thing.....those were also fun times lol.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs I'm watching that video now. :grin:

Also, this kinda reminds me of back when bets were a thing.....those were also fun times lol.
OMG great! It's a really fun season! Tell me who your favorite is after you finish episode 1, and what you think of the series so far. I'll tell you my fav once you tell me yours.

And yeah, the bets were pretty great, even though I never participated in any of them

(btw if you missed it, KoP started at 1, not 18, since I broke the count earlier)

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yeah, only a minority of us actually count Bob-ombs anymore. And said minority of us also tend to put in only numbers when we happen to have something else to say in the post (like these ones for example, lol)

It's evolved in some interesting ways over the years lol. It's a sometimes odd social community, but a social community nonetheless.
Yeah, me and a few others and even I don't do it a good chunk of the time.

Also, "sometimes"? :p
Yeah, it's a pretty relaxed one too. Really, with how tense some online communities can get, it's nice that this one is chill and that conflicts that do happen are relatively minor.
Never participated in any of those, I wasn't there for most of them. I was there for the bet Luig made involving MLP (at least I think it was a bet, I forgot). Funnily enough, I watched it on my accord around the same time and it was the one bet I could have easily just jumped in on lol

Luig

Confused
Never participated in any of those, I wasn't there for most of them. I was there for the bet Luig made involving MLP (at least I think it was a bet, I forgot). Funnily enough, I watched it on my accord around the same time and it was the one bet I could have easily just jumped in on lol
I can't recall, I think the bet was to just watch the first episode of the show or something.
I can actually find the post where I watched the first episode.

Halfway through the second episode and just thought "wait, why am watching this?":lol:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

OMG great! It's a really fun season! Tell me who your favorite is after you finish episode 1, and what you think of the series so far. I'll tell you my fav once you tell me yours.
Will do. I can already tell it's going to be chaotic, lol.

And yeah, the bets were pretty great, even though I never participated in any of them

-
That's exactly why I found them fun. :reverse:

The results were usually amazing. I made sure I was never one of the victims.

I remember when Kon had to use the pinkie pie avatar.
And Crazy Twilight. :p My feelings on that episode remained mixed to this day.

The best one will forever and always be the legendary Dorabro, however.

You forgot the :evil:
Shoot, you're right. I missed an opportunity there...

Yeah, me and a few others and even I don't do it a good chunk of the time.

Also, "sometimes"? :p
Yeah, it's a pretty relaxed one too. Really, with how tense some online communities can get, it's nice that this one is chill and that conflicts that do happen are relatively minor.
It has normal discussions on occasion. :lol:

I like it for that same reason, this is a really great escape from all that, even if it's a lot more quiet currently. Conflicts still happen which is only to be expected, but as you said they're usually relatively minor. It helps that I've made a lot of good friends in you guys here.

Me neither, as I said a few paragraphs above. That might've been a different bet from the normal kind we had in this thread, but I'm not sure.

That is an unusual coincidence lol

I can't recall, I think the bet was to just watch the first episode of the show or something.
I can actually find the post where I watched the first episode.
Ah, that might've been it. If none of us can recall what it was about for sure though....

EDIT: I didn't notice that quote box in your post until now....DERP.

(Man I replied to a lot of separate things here...)

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
And Crazy Twilight. :p My feelings on that episode remained mixed to this day.
Lesson Zero right?
God I still remember too much...

Shoot, you're right. I missed an opportunity there...
I remember Uni using that emote a lot 2 years ago when you guys were trying to get me to join the herd.
The cookies were to the left but I didn't want any

I like it for that same reason, this is a really great escape from all that, even if it's a lot more quiet currently. Conflicts still happen which is only to be expected, but as you said they're usually relatively minor. It helps that I've made a lot of good friends in you guys here.
Yeah, it's been a lot more quiet as of late, but it'll probably pick up further into summer. And yeah, I'm glad that this thread has been such a good place to just talk to friends.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I like it for that same reason, this is a really great escape from all that, even if it's a lot more quiet currently. Conflicts still happen which is only to be expected, but as you said they're usually relatively minor.
Normal in what sense? :p

Yeah, and it's relatively small too which has something to do with it. The more people you have, the more assholes you have.
It helps that I've made a lot of good friends in you guys here.
:) Thanks... it's great talking to everyone here whether be it about actual things or whatever nonsense is going on. I also appreciate helping others when they're down or confused and need time to think about something that affects them personally.
Again, thank you. :)
Me neither, as I said a few paragraphs above. That might've been a different bet from the normal kind we had in this thread, but I'm not sure.

That is an unusual coincidence lol
Well either way, the timing is uncanny lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Lesson Zero right?
God I still remember too much...
Yep yep yep, that's the one.

I remember Uni using that emote a lot 2 years ago when you guys were trying to get me to join the herd.
The cookies were to the left but I didn't want any
I was never an intentional converter, but I certainly didn't discourage anyone from watching it either.

Yeah, it's been a lot more quiet as of late, but it'll probably pick up further into summer. And yeah, I'm glad that this thread has been such a good place to just talk to friends.
That reminds me, is Discord still pretty active?

And agreed. If none of you guys still came to here, I don't think I would either. I'm glad you guys do.

Normal in what sense? :p

Yeah, and it's relatively small too which has something to do with it. The more people you have, the more ******** you have.
l
As in not completely crazy....? :teeth:

Sadly, that's very true. The world is full of jerks and conflict, and you're more likely to encounter them in places that involve very large amounts of people (Steam community forums are a good example I can think of, owing to experience).

:) Thanks... it's great talking to everyone here whether be it about actual things or whatever nonsense is going on. I also appreciate helping others when they're down or confused and need time to think about something that affects them personally.
Again, thank you. :)
That pretty much sums up my own thoughts, too, actually.

And gladly. :b:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
That reminds me, is Discord still pretty active?

And agreed. If none of you guys still came to here, I don't think I would either. I'm glad you guys do.
It's pretty active. Some of the channels aren't active at all, but others get good traffic. If you ever want to come back to the discord channel, we'd be happy to have ya.

And I'm glad we all still talk to each other. You all are amazing <3

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

As in not completely crazy....? :teeth:

Sadly, that's very true. The world is full of jerks and conflict, and you're more likely to encounter them in places that involve very large amounts of people (Steam community forums are a good example I can think of, owing to experience).
More or less, yes. :p

A shame too, especially for the communities that have good intentions that have awful people running around in them.
That pretty much sums up my own thoughts, too, actually.

And gladly. :b:
Totally not referring to what happened to me in February
...I didn't say anything lol
Seriously though, it helps when people have their doors open for others.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

omg we're so close to 7000 pages you guys!

-nbm-

(I missed having reasons to use this hype gif).

It's pretty active. Some of the channels aren't active at all, but others get good traffic. If you ever want to come back to the discord channel, we'd be happy to have ya.

And I'm glad we all still talk to each other. You all are amazing <3

-nbm-
Yeah, it is.
Considering how active it was before I'm not surprised. I've always liked this place more, but maybe someday.....

And thank you. :D

15 it all started with me joining the herd :seuss:
At least as far as ponies go. :p

Yeah, the show's following around here got bigger and bigger from there lol

A shame too, especially for the communities that have good intentions that have awful people running around in them.

It really is. I try to stay positive and improve certain bad situations every now and then, but other times I just flat out avoid certain communities and the places they go to talk because of how almost helplessly toxic they are.

Totally not referring to what happened to me in February
...I didn't say anything lol
Seriously though, it helps when people have their doors open for others.
I'm glad you've gotten better since then.

Well, I try my best to help others in need. Admittedly I don't have much confidence in myself when it comes to that but it doesn't stop me from trying.

Lessonmaster0
:laugh:

If you get "sucked back in" you might consider that being your next username. :teeth:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It really is. I try to stay positive and improve certain bad situations every now and then, but other times I just flat out avoid certain communities and the places they go to talk because of how almost helplessly toxic they are.
You just can't fix it but it doesn't excuse their behavior at all.
I'm glad you've gotten better since then.

Well, I try my best to help others in need. Admittedly I don't have much confidence in myself when it comes to that but it doesn't stop me from trying.
Yeah, it was bad in February and a certain something that popped up made me think about myself way more than before that happened.

I honestly wish I could but I end up at a loss at what to say and I hate that because I want to help but can't because I can't think of what to say.

If you get "sucked back in" you might consider that being your next username. :teeth:
He should return to Luig, if anything. :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, it was bad in February and a certain something that popped up made me think about myself way more than before that happened.

I honestly wish I could but I end up at a loss at what to say and I hate that because I want to help but can't because I can't think of what to say.
Speaking of which, how are you holding up now?

-nbm-

Luig

Confused

(I missed having reasons to use this hype gif).
Brings back memories.

Considering how active it was before I'm not surprised. I've always liked this place more, but maybe someday.....
I do prefer this place more to the server, but it's still a good place to talk and stuff.

At least as far as ponies go. :p

Yeah, the show's following around here got bigger and bigger from there lol
remember uni's record for binge watching the show?
Turns out I actually beat that.
I watched an average of 192 minutes of pony a day
That's probably part of the reason why I got burnt out on the show.

As a moderator of a Sonic the Hedgehog discord with over 900 members in it (the server is partnered with discord) I wish I had heeded this advice.

Trying is what matters.

Alright, and that's a promise.
And Blossom, Luig will return someday.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well...if it makes you feel any better...remember all those times I broke down in my worst months, when my depression was at its strongest? Well, just by being there for me and listening to me, you helped me feel better. Sometimes, all you need to do is hear someone out and comfort them, even if you don't give any hard advice. So, thanks bud *hugs* You've been so kind to me.

-nbm-

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You just can't fix it but it doesn't excuse their behavior at all.
Absolutely.

The problems and conflicts tend to happen for varying reasons....if only more people could simply get along or at least be more civil to one and other.

Time tends to help heal wounds too.

I definitely get stumped on what to say sometimes myself. Personally, I think even simply giving your support to someone and making it known to them is a help, too.

He should return to Luig, if anything. :p
^This.

Well...if it makes you feel any better...remember all those times I broke down in my worst months, when my depression was at its strongest? Well, just by being there for me and listening to me, you helped me feel better. Sometimes, all you need to do is hear someone out and comfort them, even if you don't give any hard advice. So, thanks bud *hugs* You've been so kind to me.

-nbm-
...thank you, Hat. I really appreciate that.

I'm glad I could help you out, too.

On a different note, I watched the first episode. I don't think I have a favorite just yet. I need to keep watching episodes before sharing any noteworthy thoughts.

remember uni's record for binge watching the show?
Turns out I actually beat that.

That's probably part of the reason why I got burnt out on the show.
Oh, I remember that now!

Hm, yeah, that makes sense.

As a moderator of a Sonic the Hedgehog discord with over 900 members in it (the server is partnered with discord) I wish I had heeded this advice.
...that sounds like quite the mess. From the sounds of it you're still a mod there?

Trying is what matters.

:)

Alright, and that's a promise.
YES

I look forward to seeing both. Or at least Luig. :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
...thank you, Hat. I really appreciate that.

I'm glad I could help you out, too.

On a different note, I watched the first episode. I don't think I have a favorite just yet. I need to keep watching episodes before sharing any noteworthy thoughts.
Sure thing :)

and you did :)

And that's cool haha. Gotta give it time to let the characters develop. As you can already tell (probably), my favorite is Dean. He's die-hard funny and has a history of dying early in these hardcore seasons, but has recently been performing better and getting farther in the playthroughs. Shows growth and maturity and character development and all that good stuff.

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Speaking of which, how are you holding up now?
Doing fine.

Luig Returns is confirmed! Make the name change the same day Samus Returns comes out to make it fitting. :p
Absolutely.

The problems and conflicts tend to happen for varying reasons....if only more people could simply get along or at least be more civil to one and other.
Sadly that's not gonna happen in this day and age.
Time tends to help heal wounds too.

I definitely get stumped on what to say sometimes myself. Personally, I think even simply giving your support to someone and making it known to them is a help, too.
True. Gave me time to let that settle down and time to think about that other thing that frankly, I have an answer for but I'm still sorta confused on.

Top Bottom