• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Reminds me of the Disney film Treasure Planet in a way.
Disney wanted that movie to have its own sequel and tv show, but it bombed hard since at the time it was released, CGI movies were novelty. Not many people wanted to see CGI stuff, and this was all because Shrek was simply too popular. In a way, Shrek killed 2D animation for movies. Then Disney mad their own shrek in the form of chicken little, and despite it being a pretty bad movie, it made tons and tons of money....
Not that many modern CGi movies haven't been great, but I do honestly really miss 2D, hand-drawn animated films.

At least it still has a place in television shows though.

It seems like it won't turn out well but I think it either got delayed or silently cancelled and they haven't said anything about it. I dunno, I'm just making guesses here. They would have shown something about that game by now so the fact that it still has its release date is strange to me when they haven't even shown anything.
Same. All I have left to say is that it's....odd, to say the least.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

As we don't count nbm posts, all of Luig's post back there don't count in the count.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
15 (aww, rip)

Not that many modern CGi movies haven't been great, but I do honestly really miss 2D, hand-drawn animated films.

At least it still has a place in television shows though.

Yeah, I'm sad that 2d animation for movies is dead, but we still do have cartoons, although the quality of the flash animation greatly varies.
I find it funny that as big as a meme as shrek was, it was essentially the movie that killed 2d animation.
It was so popular and did so well all the other companies wanted to make their own 3d movies like it
just look at shark tale, for example
2d animation just got kinda swept under the rug. Also, the last hand drawn cel animated disney movie was the little mermaid. The ones after are in flash.
I appreciate it, bud.

I am better rn, yeah. Counseling at school helped a lot. I wouldn't say I'm completely out of the hole yet, but I'm coming along ok.

-nbm-
That's good to hear.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused

Same laptop I've had for a while now.

And yeah, OBS. Can't blame me though it IS free after all. :p
I don't blame you at all, OBS is what I use to record all of my PC stuff. Good program.
If you're looking for free recording software, the two big players are OBS and xsplit, and i've tried both. I'd take OBS over xsplit any day of the week.
xsplit doesn't even let you record in 60 fps unless you buy it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Comcept as a whole are just odd...
They're an odd bunch indeed.

Yeah, I'm sad that 2d animation for movies is dead, but we still do have cartoons, although the quality of the flash animation greatly varies.
I find it funny that as big as a meme as shrek was, it was essentially the movie that killed 2d animation.
It was so popular and did so well all the other companies wanted to make their own 3d movies like it
just look at shark tale, for example
2d animation just got kinda swept under the rug. Also, the last hand drawn cel animated disney movie was the little mermaid. The ones after are in flash.
I like some flash cartoons (one in particular is blatantly obvious) and plenty that aren't. CGi is great sometimes, but I kinda feel like many shows are, for the most part, much better off in 2D.

I'd love to see a 2D animated movie again. Disney especially. Well, I guess so long as the film as a whole is a good one and stands on it's own. I just really miss that type of animation when it comes to films. And wasn't The Princess and the Frog hand drawn? I could've sworn it was....

And, I'm gonna be honest; I seriously miss the days when Shrek wasn't the meme that it is now.

18 people who can now record games off their computer

Same laptop I've had for a while now.

And yeah, OBS. Can't blame me though it IS free after all. :p
Nice! Planning to make use of it soon?

Luig

Confused
I like some flash cartoons (one in particular is blatantly obvious) and plenty that aren't. CGi is great sometimes, but I kinda feel like many shows are, for the most part, much better off in 2D.

I'd love to see a 2D animated movie again. Disney especially. Well, I guess so long as the film as a whole is a good one and stands on it's own. I just really miss that type of animation when it comes to films. And wasn't The Princess and the Frog hand drawn? I could've sworn it was....

And, I'm gonna be honest; I seriously miss the days when Shrek wasn't the meme that it is now.

Yeah, 2d really does lend itself to its own unique style, and I think it has more potential to be more stylistic than 3d.
The transition from cel animation to flash was fine. Flash has the potential to look just as good while also taking less time, and it's also easier to use. However, that is a double edged sword, as it means that it has a much lower skill floor and requires less work to get by, so a lot of shoddy cartoons can come to be with an extremely low budget (see s2 and onwards of johnny test)
Also, yes, the princess and the frog was cel animated. My bad.

And yeah, Shrek wasn't great, but it was good. It was a good movie. Good for a laugh. Solid. Now it's just kinda been exhausted.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I don't blame you at all, OBS is what I use to record all of my PC stuff. Good program.
If you're looking for free recording software, the two big players are OBS and xsplit, and i've tried both. I'd take OBS over xsplit any day of the week.
xsplit doesn't even let you record in 60 fps unless you buy it.
Ah, I would imagine XSplit has some good things but locked behind a purchase. OBS seems simple enough, didn't take me long to figure it out... except for when I forgot to make it so there was actually audio lol
I like some flash cartoons (one in particular is blatantly obvious)
Gee, I wonder what it is. Ooooh, this is such a hard one. Can I use my 50/50 lifeline? :p
Nice! Planning to make use of it soon?
I'd like to make use of it for a few things. One, for simple silly things and two, maybe for contests or something where I need to submit a video? I dunno I want to get some use out of it. I also need an editing program that doesn't suck *cough*moviemaker*cough*

Luig

Confused

Ah, I would imagine XSplit has some good things but locked behind a purchase. OBS seems simple enough, didn't take me long to figure it out... except for when I forgot to make it so there was actually audio lol
One tip i'd recommend
if you run into a game that you can't record and run at the same time
try going into video and recording lossless
that's what I do for all my videos
recording losslessly doesn't impact performance as much as recording while encoding, however lossless videos are usually a few GB per minute at higher resolutions which isn't desirable so you'd want to compress them after the fact with something like handbrake.

Here's a good video from a youtuber I watch about handbrake stuff and quality. It really just comes down to the current standard h.264, but h.265 is better if you've got the computer and the patience.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Last post for the night here because it's late and I slept like garbage the past four nights.

Yeah, 2d really does lend itself to its own unique style, and I think it has more potential to be more stylistic than 3d.
The transition from cel animation to flash was fine. Flash has the potential to look just as good while also taking less time, and it's also easier to use. However, that is a double edged sword, as it means that it has a much lower skill floor and requires less work to get by, so a lot of shoddy cartoons can come to be with an extremely low budget (see s2 and onwards of johnny test)
Also, yes, the princess and the frog was cel animated. My bad.

And yeah, Shrek wasn't great, but it was good. It was a good movie. Good for a laugh. Solid. Now it's just kinda been exhausted.
3D might keep advancing, but 2D has a certain charm to it. It's style is unique and can still capture a lot of things that I think 3D never will be able to. I think that could be said both ways, though.

Yeah, sadly flash can end up making very cheap and crappy-looking stuff, and that often seems to come along with the show itself being bad in general. 3D animation isn't safe from this either but I get what you're saying.

I thought so. The Princess and the Frog was a nice change of pace at the time, and as a personal bonus it reminded me a lot of my early childhood.

I liked the first couple movies, mainly Shrek II, but the meme (or the thing that turned it into a meme, rather) was never funny to begin with, in my opinion. As you said, Shrek is just exhausted at this point.

Gee, I wonder what it is. Ooooh, this is such a hard one. Can I use my 50/50 lifeline? :p

Sure, go ahead. :teeth:

I'd like to make use of it for a few things. One, for simple silly things and two, maybe for contests or something where I need to submit a video? I dunno I want to get some use out of it. I also need an editing program that doesn't suck *cough*moviemaker*cough*
Well, this is certainly a start for that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Let's aim to reach page 7000 today!

Why?

Eh, why ask why? Better yet "why not?"

I think I might have an idea what show it is.

And I've been thinking about finally giving it another chance.
Do it.

"ahem" when ya feel like it. :p

That gives me MLP and Johnny Test. I'll go with B. MLP :p
Click here to find out the shocking answer to your answer:

You're right.

Shocking wasn't the word for it but that's the point lol

Yeah, it gives me a chance to show off dumb stuff and to be a show off. :p
Some of the best ways to entertain. :seuss:

I hope you have fun with it.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Click here to find out the shocking answer to your answer:

You're right.

Shocking wasn't the word for it but that's the point lol
"shocking answer to your answer" :p
Some of the best ways to entertain. :seuss:

I hope you have fun with it.
Feels nice to be able to record now. Hell, I even got a couple of lossless quality recordings after OBS crashed like 5 times on me trying to figure out how to get it to record in that quality... they're both a little over 5 GB in file size and that's just for recording for a few minutes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I may be a mod now, but I'll still post to help get there :p

-nbm-
The more help the better!

Feels nice to be able to record now. Hell, I even got a couple of lossless quality recordings after OBS crashed like 5 times on me trying to figure out how to get it to record in that quality... they're both a little over 5 GB in file size and that's just for recording for a few minutes.
I'm assuming that's good (because admittedly I don't know much at all when it comes to recording).

Gives me flashbacks to 2 years ago.
Yeah...another case where it feels like time flies.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm assuming that's good (because admittedly I don't know much at all when it comes to recording).
When I recorded on the 2nd highest quality, the file sizes were in the 100s... in Megabytes. So yeah, the best setting gives you the highest quality but jacks up your file sizes like nothing else.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And I've been posting here for roughly 4 years.

Time feels really weird sometimes....

As such your hard drives are going to fill up real quick especially if you record multiple videos that aren't terribly short.
I'd assume it'd be a good idea to transfer the files elsewhere quickly when possible in that sort of case.

Luig

Confused

As such your hard drives are going to fill up real quick especially if you record multiple videos that aren't terribly short.
Yeah, lossless videos are just a series of lossless images with no compression whatsoever.
Here's a link to handbrake, what basically everyone uses to compress them. I usually delete the original video after I compress it, though if I had more space, I'd keep the original around just for backup.
https://handbrake.fr/

Top Bottom