• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I missed all the Nintendo stuff because I was too busy to watch it....

I have heard of some of their announced games and content already though, at least, including some of the stuff that's been mentioned here.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I missed all the Nintendo stuff because I was too busy to watch it....

I have heard of some of their announced games and content already though, at least, including some of the stuff that's been mentioned here.
There was also a new Kirby and a new Yoshi, both slated for 2018. Oh, there was also confirmation on a main series Pokemon game for the Switch aaaaand, that was all they said on it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

There was also a new Kirby and a new Yoshi, both slated for 2018. Oh, there was also confirmation on a main series Pokemon game for the Switch aaaaand, that was all they said on it.
I'll be looking into all of those later today, most likely. Thank you for the info!

The Mario stuff is probably my favorite part out of everything that was announced (Mario using his hat to possess a T-Rex is completely absurd in a good way).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'll be looking into all of those later today, most likely. Thank you for the info!

The Mario stuff is probably my favorite part out of everything that was announced (Mario using his hat to possess a T-Rex is completely absurd in a good way).
Many have ravaged their keyboards thanks to the Metroid announcements. So this year we've had: Old-school 3D Mario, Crash Remaster, Genesis-Style Sonic, Bubsy revival, and Metroid rising from the grave with two games. What is this year?

And yes, the possess mechanic looks very fun and interesting. The game as whole really looks ****ing phenomenal and I rarely throw high praise to games that haven't come out yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The dinosaur was obviously yoshi
You mean it was one of Yoshi's ancestors. :p

Many have ravaged their keyboards thanks to the Metroid announcements. So this year we've had: Old-school 3D Mario, Crash Remaster, Genesis-Style Sonic, Bubsy revival, and Metroid rising from the grave with two games. What is this year?

And yes, the possess mechanic looks very fun and interesting. The game as whole really looks ****ing phenomenal and I rarely throw high praise to games that haven't come out yet.
I'm not sure, but it's mostly shaping up to be a good one. :p I'm hyped for Metroid among some of the other recent Nintendo announcements too.

I couldn't have said that better myself. This is definitely a huge step forward for the Mario franchise and heck, I might be saying this too early but it might be one for gaming in general, too, at least as far as that genre goes. I remember being amazed by Super Mario Galaxy back when it was still new. It's like that experience all over again for me, but with the game looking even more phenomenal and me being even more excited for it.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm not sure, but it's mostly shaping up to be a good one. :p I'm hyped for Metroid among some of the other recent Nintendo announcements too.

I couldn't have said that better myself. This is definitely a huge step forward for the Mario franchise and heck, I might be saying this too early but it might be one for gaming in general, too, at least as far as that genre goes. I remember being amazed by Super Mario Galaxy back when it was still new. It's like that experience all over again for me, but with the game looking even more phenomenal and me being even more excited for it.
Aside from Bubsy (because it's BUBSY), they're all shaping up to be pretty good.

The game looks like it has a lot of charm to it, something the series has kind of lacked for some time now.
You mean it was one of Yoshi's ancestors. :p
You mean it was the T-Rex from Jurassic Park? :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Is Skylanders still a thing? I never really followed that franchise.

Although I did read that apparently another, different Spyro game is being developed or at least discussed.

Aside from Bubsy (because it's BUBSY), they're all shaping up to be pretty good.

The game looks like it has a lot of charm to it, something the series has kind of lacked for some time now.
I'd be less adamant about the new Bubsy being crap, but it looks like they really aren't trying very hard to put the franchise in the right direction for once after so many years of failure, mixed reception and infamy. It only looks even worse when you compare it to the majority of other video games unveiled this year.

It gives me Disney vibes at times, not to mention those of some past Mario games, for sure. And yeah, looking back, a couple of the more recent Mario games have felt...rather empty and generic at times. This is definitely a good step forward. Playing it is gonna be a ton of fun.

You mean it was the T-Rex from Jurassic Park? :p
Sure, let's go with that. :p

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Is Skylanders still a thing? I never really followed that franchise.

Although I did read that apparently another, different Spyro game is being developed or at least discussed.
They had a new game last year.

I would imagine that coming to fruition if the Crash remaster does well, which I think it will. Maybe it won't result in a new game but something akin to a remaster.
I'd be less adamant about the new Bubsy being crap, but it looks like they really aren't trying that very hard to put the franchise in the right direction for once after so many years of failure, mixed reception and infamy.

It gives me Disney vibes at times, not to mention those of some past Mario games, for sure. And yeah, looking back, a couple of the more recent Mario games have felt...rather empty and generic at times. This is definitely a good step forward. Playing it is gonna be a ton of fun.
I have nothing else to say on it. It speaks for itself.

It has a lot of neat touches and plenty of detail like two kinds of currency, one that can be used everywhere while the other is specific to the location you're at. They showed off plenty of things like buying clothes to suit the area you're at and how that can help you in the area. Looks very fun.
Sure, let's go with that. :p
:seuss:

And with the Superstar Saga remake, I can no damage Cackletta once more. But in 3D and with better guitars in the music. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

They had a new game last year.

I would imagine that coming to fruition if the Crash remaster does well, which I think it will. Maybe it won't result in a new game but something akin to a remaster.
Ah.

I wouldn't be surprised if that led to Spyro receiving a remaster as well. The two franchises have been in similar boats here and there. At least neither of them are dead franchises as of now..

:seuss:

And with the Superstar Saga remake, I can no damage Cackletta once more. But in 3D and with better guitars in the music. :p
And I might actually finally play the game, with the additional benefit of improved graphics (I've only ever played Bowser's Inside Story).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Ah.

I wouldn't be surprised if that led to Spyro receiving a remaster as well. The two franchises have been in similar boats here and there. At least neither of them are dead franchises as of now..
Mega Man is doing something similar with the Legacy Collection for the first 6 NES games and there will be a second one with 7-10... but no Mega Man & Bass... huh. If only that meant an actual new game for the guy... :(
And I might actually finally play the game, with the additional benefit of improved graphics (I've only ever played Bowser's Inside Story).
Superstar Saga is real good. This will be perfect for those that haven't played it yet. Oh, there's even a new mode that plays sort of like a strategy game or something. Looks neat.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Mega Man is doing something similar with the Legacy Collection for the first 6 NES games and there will be a second one with 7-10... but no Mega Man & Bass... huh. If only that meant an actual new game for the guy... :(
The collection still sounds like a good thing. Along with that and getting into Smash, the franchise hasn't completely died. One can hope he'll rise back up further someday with some more games.

I've never played a Mega Man game before but it's still a shame to see a big and beloved gaming icon like himself fall down.

Superstar Saga is real good. This will be perfect for those that haven't played it yet. Oh, there's even a new mode that plays sort of like a strategy game or something. Looks neat.
The Bowser's Minions part, right?

And yeah, I think I'll enjoy it.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

The collection still sounds like a good thing. Along with that and getting into Smash, the franchise hasn't completely died. One can hope he'll rise back up further someday with some more games.

I've never played a Mega Man game before but it's still a shame to see a big and beloved gaming icon like himself fall down.
The collections do have extra things as well like challenges so there is more to it than just being a compilation.

Yeah... it's good to see there's still something coming from it though. If a brand new Mega Man game were to ever be announced in the future, you can expect incoherent keyboard mashing with all caps on from me lol
The Bowser's Minions part, right?

And yeah, I think I'll enjoy it.
Yup, the new content apparently has a little story to it as well. And it's optional too by the looks of it so you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

Also, THIS IS SO GOOD.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The collections do have extra things as well like challenges so there is more to it than just being a compilation.

Yeah... it's good to see there's still something coming from it though. If a brand new Mega Man game were to ever be announced in the future, you can expect incoherent keyboard mashing with all caps on from me lol
It could definitely be worse off.

Hearing this now, I'll be disappointed if I don't see that happen in such an instance. :p

Yup, the new content apparently has a little story to it as well. And it's optional too by the looks of it so you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

Also, THIS IS SO GOOD.
It's good that it's optional rather than forced so as to progress with the main game, I'll still be checking it out however.

And totally agreed. The song alone was a highlight of the trailer. It's freakin' awesome (and it's nothing I ever expected to hear from a Mario game, either).

This song will be stuck in my head forever.

WHY DID THEY MAKE PAULINE A GOOD SINGER?!
Don't tell me you're saying this as if it were a bad thing. :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It could definitely be worse off.

Hearing this now, I'll be disappointed if I don't see that happen in such an instance. :p
Yeah, it could be F-Zero where it has had no new games in well over a decade and has essentially been replaced by Mario Kart.

Well, the first part needs to happen in order for the second part to happen as well. :p
It's good that it's optional rather than forced so as to progress with the main game, I'll still be checking it out however.

And totally agreed. The song alone was a highlight of the trailer. It's freakin' awesome (and it's nothing I ever expected to hear from a Mario game, either).
They'll probably also make changes to the core game as well like being able to tell the timing on Bro Attacks more easily. Along with a remixed soundtrack, of course.

It's jazzy and I love that.

Also:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

EVERYTHING ABOUT ODYSSEY IS A GOOD THING!
Good. Good.

SCREW YOSHI! MARIO IS THE DINOSAUR WHO THROWS HIMSELF INTO THE ABYSS NOW! :p
Wouldn't throwing himself into a bottomless pit be counterproductive and a waste of a 1-Up though? :reverse:

Yeah, it could be F-Zero where it has had no new games in well over a decade and has essentially been replaced by Mario Kart.

Well, the first part needs to happen in order for the second part to happen as well. :p
Somewhere out there, Captain Falcon is sitting in a corner thinking deeply about life. Or he's just bored while waiting to get in as DLC.

But seriously, I actually am kind of hoping F-Zero rises back up someday, somehow. It is very much a good thing that Mega Man's still going on in different ways.

Also:
DANG IT :rotfl:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Somewhere out there, Captain Falcon is sitting in a corner thinking deeply about life. Or he's just bored while waiting to get in as DLC.

But seriously, I actually am kind of hoping F-Zero rises back up someday, somehow. It is very much a good thing that Mega Man's still going on in different ways.
At least Falcon still has Smash so there's that I guess.

I kind of doubt it. I'd love to see it back but I'm just not sure if it will happen.
Now you know why I brought up the T-Rex from Jurassic Park earlier. I couldn't find the tweet when I made that post but here we are. People are quick when it comes to this sort of thing. :p
Wouldn't throwing himself into a bottomless pit be counterproductive and a waste of a 1-Up though? :reverse:
There aren't any lives in Odyssey as far as I can tell though :p

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

At least Falcon still has Smash so there's that I guess.

I kind of doubt it. I'd love to see it back but I'm just not sure if it will happen.
I'll be completely surprised if I ever see a new F-Zero game. Mega Man I'm not sure what to expect, again, I have little familiarity with the franchise and in turn any news that comes up about it.

Now you know why I brought up the T-Rex from Jurassic Park earlier. I couldn't find the tweet when I made that post but here we are. People are quick when it comes to this sort of thing. :p

I figured the jokes would be coming at some point. I'm betting the jokes are only going to continue from here. On that note, I'm now going to wait for people to start talking about how Bowser could defeat T-Rex Mario by standing still. :p

No lives. You just lose coins when you die.

I guess Mario is the new Tingle :p

...I must have either something in the trailer or missed a piece of news about the game. Because I honestly had no idea that's how death works in Odessey lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's only a matter of time before someone makes an unsettling fanfic about a citizen of New Donk City taking a nice strol before going to his job...

...then an insane cartoonish plumber takes control of his body by throwing his hat at him :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'll be completely surprised if I ever see a new F-Zero game. Mega
Man I'm not sure what to expect, again, I have little familiarity with the franchise and in turn any news that comes up about it.
Yeah, not much has been going on with Mega Man but it's a lot more than F-Zero's activity.
I figured the jokes would be coming at some point. I'm betting the jokes are only going to continue from here. On that note, I'm now going to wait for people to start talking about how Bowser could defeat T-Rex Mario by standing still. :p
Bowser wins by doing absolutely nothing :p
...I must have either something in the trailer or missed a piece of news about the game. Because I honestly had no idea that's how death works in Odessey lol
Yeah, and it's a change for the better, really. Not much of a point in lives for a game like this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's only a matter of time before someone makes an unsettling fanfic about a citizen of New Donk City taking a nice strol before going to his job...

...then an insane cartoonish plumber takes control of his body by throwing his hat at him :p
There's been weirder stories.

Plenty of them.

Bowser wins by doing absolutely nothing :p
Good catch there. :4luigi:

Yeah, and it's a change for the better, really. Not much of a point in lives for a game like this.
You're probably right about that. I'm not sure if this system is going to last, but it'll likely be better for this game.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

You're probably right about that. I'm not sure if this system is going to last, but it'll likely be better for this game.
Honestly, I think lives don't really have much of a place in a lot of games anymore. Yeah, it is punishing when you lose them all but games give you so many that it negates the point of them and can run into the issue of just not being designed with them in mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Honestly, I think lives don't really have much of a place in a lot of games anymore. Yeah, it is punishing when you lose them all but games give you so many that it negates the point of them and can run into the issue of just not being designed with them in mind.
It's not a thought that's crossed my mind too often, but I have wondered what some games would be like without them. Some hand them out almost freely and constantly, and in many the punishment for losing them allisn't that big of a deal or too different from a game over, even. And then there's some games where you probably won't die frequently enough to where having multiple lives matter that much either.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It's not a thought that's crossed my mind too often, but I have wondered what some games would be like without them. Some hand them out almost freely and constantly, and in many the punishment for losing them allisn't that big of a deal or too different from a game over, even. And then there's some games where you probably won't die frequently enough to where having multiple lives matter that much either.
That, or the game might be very difficult to begin with and adding lives could make losing them all more frustrating.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Either way I think I could see it being a design flaw sometimes rather than something that actually adds much to the game.
You don't see them in the newer Rayman games or Shovel Knight for a reason. The challenge, I feel, should come from the obstacles, enemies, and whatever else is in the level than from not having enough lives for the next stage because the previous level drained most of them away.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You don't see them in the newer Rayman games or Shovel Knight for a reason. The challenge, I feel, should come from the obstacles, enemies, and whatever else is in the level than from not having enough lives for the next stage because the previous level drained most of them away.
You raise a very good point there. I definitely couldn't see Shovel Knight in particular working as well if it had a live system. It'd be tedious, and, as you said, not really having to do with the challenge the game should present, losing the game due to losing so many lives from a few difficult parts rather than getting more of a fair shot at a level's challenge.

I mean, I still personally think some games could probably make good use of them, but they can get tedious in others, and again, I'm glad a game like Shovel Knight doesn't use them.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

You raise a very good point there. I definitely couldn't see Shovel Knight in particular working as well if it had a live system. It'd be tedious, and, as you said, not really having to do with the challenge the game should present, losing the game due to losing so many lives from a few difficult parts rather than getting more of a fair shot at a level's challenge.

I mean, I still personally think some games could probably make good use of them, but they can get tedious in others, and again, I'm glad a game like Shovel Knight doesn't use them.
Imagine I Wanna Be the Guy... but with lives. Actually, don't.

It can still be used well like with Mega Man (man, this guy is getting mentioned a lot, ain't he?) where when you game over you can try another stage since you can pick any you want instead of getting brick walled because you just can't beat a hard stage. You can come back later when you've improved and have special weapons to have an easier time but all the stages are still doable and are usually fair without special weapons.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Imagine I Wanna Be the Guy... but with lives. Actually, don't.

It can still be used well like with Mega Man (man, this guy is getting mentioned a lot, ain't he?) where when you game over you can try another stage since you can pick any you want instead of getting brick walled because you just can't beat a hard stage. You can come back later when you've improved and have special weapons to have an easier time but all the stages are still doable and are usually fair without special weapons.
It's been too long since I've seen that game in action....

The system's not obsolete. But it definitely doesn't work well in some games.

Top Bottom