• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
14 Bob-ombs

I decided not to get the :4bayonetta2: amiibo for my 27th birthday after all. Don't get me wrong, I'll still get one someday. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'll have to forget about these figurines for now. :(

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Some of the Hyrule Warriors adventure mode missions are nuts.

Another one that comes to my mind is any "Defeat 400/500/600 enemies in 10 minutes" mainly because they always send bosses at you after defeating a certain amount of enemies, and when the bosses in question happen to be Gohmas....ugh.
In my opinion, the manhandlas are worst to fight.

And those one's are pretty easy...I just ignore the boss and keep on fighting the normal enemies to get the kill count up.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
How long has it been since you guys actually tried to count up the mod-bombs?
I don't post here enough to really do that lol.

Also: I wish I could go to a tournament...
None in your region? I'm pretty lucky to live in a smash thirsty one lol, but one where I can't play at my maximum* potential.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I don't post here enough to really do that lol.

None in your region? I'm pretty lucky to live in a smash thirsty one lol, but one where I can't play at my maximum* potential.
I live in the Central valley, in Fresno. As far as I know, there's no one really in here aside from free-to-enter tournaments...

Start over
Of course, Master. *continues groveling*

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352

Hey, just a question, has this thread ever reached 350 bob-oms? Has is ever gotten close?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ah, okay. I personally like all of the more simpler characters better... Like Link, Impa, Lana, Sheik, Darunia, Fi, and others... Midna is about where it gets just a little too complicated for me... I just wish they had an area where you could mess around on a training dummy or something to get the feel for them...then I'd probably be able to get a feel for the more complicated characters...

You talking about Kingdom Hearts II? Halloween Town ain't that hard...
KH2. It's the one with the Experiment stealing presents.. That boss fight is the most difficult imo.. The Tombstone heartless and the candle heartless work too well together to train in that world as well..
(I am playing it in critical mode though..)

Hey there Jay!

And yeah. I said something kinda like this recently, but I never expected this place to grow quite like it has (I can't remember when my first post here was made atm, but I know it was well before we were even in the thousands area. Never expected that we'd have this many pages by now at the time).

I'm curious, why is it the most difficult one for you after that point?

I don't really remember which world I found to be the most difficult by then. I just remember for sure that most of the boss fights encountered after that battle are a lot tougher than the earlier ones.
The boss fight is just annoying.. He keeps firing lasers at you and you can't use items while in the air.. The multiple parts of him make him even more dangerous.. Also getting Antisora is a pain in the ass during these fights.. To the point that you should just wait for the form to run out instead of doing anything else..
The most annoying parts I found were the Xaldin fight, the sail port going to the MCP, the Experiment, and currently (not an but it's where I'm at) trying to beat Roxas in the castle that never was that I am 100% positive didn't exist in the original

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Serena soon travels into the Frost Cavern, an utterly freezing area, where the Mamoswine was worrying about the happenings occurring within. As Serena went through, Toxacorp grew stronger and stronger from the training he received, eventually evolving into the giant scorpion Drapion.

As she continues, Serena encounters a Piloswine lunging straight for her. After some weakening, she managed to capture him, nicknaming the icy beast "Snufflupagus."

(Had to shorten the name by one letter.)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Approaching the end of the cavern with Trevor, Serena encounters more members of Team Flare bothering Abomasnow. The two did battle with them, chasing them out of the cavern and saving the Abomasnow. Before leaving, Trevor comments on how scary it was to fight Team Flare, but is overall happy that the Abomasnow wound up safe. As thanks, the Abomasnow handed Serena a peculiar stone; the Mega Stone for Abomasnow to Mega Evolve.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I live in the Central valley, in Fresno. As far as I know, there's no one really in here aside from free-to-enter tournaments...
Ah, I unfortunately am not familiar with the scene in NorCal, so I couldn't say.

Most Smash events / players seem to organize through Facebook in my experience. So if you want to see what happens around you I would advise searching around there if you haven't tried.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Taking a detour to Route 16 to continue her training, Serena wanders into some tall grass and encounters a Pumpkaboo; a Pokémon that comes in many different sizes. One Quick Ball later, Serena catches her, giving her the nickname "Poltergourd."

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Ah, I unfortunately am not familiar with the scene in NorCal, so I couldn't say.

Most Smash events / players seem to organize through Facebook in my experience. So if you want to see what happens around you I would advise searching around there if you haven't tried.
I'm not in Norcal. I'm in Central California, technically speaking.

*continues groveling at no one for no real reason*

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
KH2. It's the one with the Experiment stealing presents.. That boss fight is the most difficult imo.. The Tombstone heartless and the candle heartless work too well together to train in that world as well..
(I am playing it in critical mode though..)
Well no wonder, you're playing in critical/proud mode...

The one that gave me a heck of a time was Xigbar...that shooty-mc-shooter was ridiculous, because there was one attack where he confined you to a single space, and then shot a stream of bullets at you from the four corners of the space, and it just ate away at your health. (keep in mind, I never thought to look online on how to beat him or thought to use reflega...)

5 bosses that would've been easier if you'd remember you had a defensive spell...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The boss fight is just annoying.. He keeps firing lasers at you and you can't use items while in the air.. The multiple parts of him make him even more dangerous.. Also getting Antisora is a pain in the *** during these fights.. To the point that you should just wait for the form to run out instead of doing anything else..
The most annoying parts I found were the Xaldin fight, the sail port going to the MCP, the Experiment, and currently (not an but it's where I'm at) trying to beat Roxas in the castle that never was that I am 100% positive didn't exist in the original
I have to agree. As I said before, most of the bosses in the latter half of the game are a pain to deal with (especially anything that is associated with a certain boss battle song named "The Corrupted", like the Experiment. Organization XIII boss fights are even worse.).

Oh, you must be playing the HD 2.5 Remix version, right?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

What kind of strange news?
Undertale is getting a physical release and it's coming to the PS4 and Vita. I find it strange because it's been well over a year (almost two) since the game came out and also because of one part of the game that I have no idea how that would be handled.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Well no wonder, you're playing in critical/proud mode...

The one that gave me a heck of a time was Xigbar...that shooty-mc-shooter was ridiculous, because there was one attack where he confined you to a single space, and then shot a stream of bullets at you from the four corners of the space, and it just ate away at your health. (keep in mind, I never thought to look online on how to beat him or thought to use reflega...)

5 bosses that would've been easier if you'd remember you had a defensive spell...
To be fair those parts I've had trouble on without proud mode or critical.. I've died only 3 times in Aqua's story in BBS on the same difficulty and I've had a bit of difficulty without that mode yet still managed only 3 game overs..

I have to agree. As I said before, most of the bosses in the latter half of the game are a pain to deal with (especially anything that is associated with a certain boss battle song named "The Corrupted", like the Experiment. Organization XIII boss fights are even worse.).

Oh, you must be playing the HD 2.5 Remix version, right?
Ye PS4's 1.5, and 2.5 combined re-release. Demyx isn't a problem though Xaldin took me 3 tries iirc. Tried doing some of those things for the other Organization XIII that were defeated but only to see what they were for.. The only ones that aren't hard at Japhar, and the Mulan boss. Port Royale isn't normally hard but it's a fun choir..

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Someone seemed to have dropped their keys as Serena enters the Lost Hotel. It wasn't until those keys started to hover that Serena realized that the keys were, in fact, a Klefki. One Quick Ball later and the key ring was hers, being nicknamed "Lockhardt."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Undertale is getting a physical release and it's coming to the PS4 and Vita. I find it strange because it's been well over a year (almost two) since the game came out and also because of one part of the game that I have no idea how that would be handled.
:confused:

And here I thought if anything it would've probably seen a Wii U (or even a Switch release, at this point, since to my knowledge production of the Wii U has ceased...) release before anything else. I'm not too surprised by the fact that's it getting released on other platforms though, even after so much time. It's become extremely popular and successful, enough to warrant it, imo, but it is still an Indie game, and one that was originally intended for the PC, so I do think that the amount of time gone by before reaching some new platforms makes sense.

And for that last part, I assume it can only be one thing:

The Flowey fight, right?

To be fair those parts I've had trouble on without proud mode or critical.. I've died only 3 times in Aqua's story in BBS on the same difficulty and I've had a bit of difficulty without that mode yet still managed only 3 game overs..

Ye PS4's 1.5, and 2.5 combined re-release. Demyx isn't a problem though Xaldin took me 3 tries iirc. Tried doing some of those things for the other Organization XIII that were defeated but only to see what they were for.. The only ones that aren't hard at Japhar, and the Mulan boss. Port Royale isn't normally hard but it's a fun choir..
One of these days I need to get that version of the game....

I still hate Demyx to this day lol though I can remember there being some trick to loop his attacks and keep him in check. The rest of the Organization varies, but him, Xaldin and Xigbar were the worst for me.

All the Heartless bosses in the latter half are difficult for me personally (though Mulan's Heartless boss has nothing on most of the others). And yeah, Port Royal's always fun. That world, Halloween Town, Agrabah and the Pride Lands are my favorites (they ruined Atlantica in II as far as I'm concerned).

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

:confused:

And here I thought if anything it would've probably seen a Wii U (or Switch release, at this point) release before anything else. I'm not too surprised by the fact that's it getting released on other platforms though, even after so much time. It's become extremely popular and successful, enough to warrant it, imo, but it is still an Indie game, and one that was originally intended for the PC, so I do think that the amount of time gone by before reaching some new platforms makes sense.
Yeah, I'm about as confused as you are.

I honestly thought it wasn't going to get ported at all.
And for that last part, I assume it can only be one thing:

The Flowey fight, right?
Yup.

Top Bottom