• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Indeed.

I think The Trial is my favorite out of the four episodes, though all of them were great.

Thankfully, I've got a bin that will show me the way. I also thought about doing some more lesser known games, like Lifeline (which I still haven't played yet). That also means I'm just going to randomly search for whatever I can find and if it looks like a doozy, I'm going right for it.
That sounds like it'd be very fun to do.

And oh yeah, I remember Lifeline now. The game that's mainly controlled with some rather wonky voice recognition commands.

Don't worry, you have me instead (no, not in that sense).
That too could be taken out of context without that clarification..

-NBM-
Health wise, yeah. But she still would rather live somewhere other than her own home. She would call me every night, but with her parents' strict restrictions, she can't.
Well that's unfortunate. :ohwell: Maybe you'll get a chance to call her tomorrow then, though.

Glad to hear she's doing better in terms of health at least.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I think The Trial is my favorite out of the four episodes, though all of them were great.
That episode was also my favorite and I thought it was the best of the four (and the others were really good too though but that was phenomenal). The best way to kick off a new season...
That sounds like it'd be very fun to do.

And oh yeah, I remember Lifeline now. The game that's mainly controlled with wonky voice recognition commands.
I can find gems... or I can find hilariously terrible games, though in the latter case, it can't just be the standard bad game. It has to be the kind of terrible like, "You play as a random character in a movie tie-in game of a terrible movie. Your main method of moving is by pointing the Wiimote at the screen and holding the B button to move your character. The model quality is laughably bad, the music sounds like bad royalty free music that doesn't even fit with the game (in a licensed game no less), and scenes from the movie play in-game but they're not even centered correctly on the screen. There's also no proper way to quit out of the game. The game also pads itself out by the silliest means possible by just having you walk to one spot then another and then another before finally having you go to a spot right near where you started before you play a dumb minigame. They range from random to '...wait what?!'. There's a random golf minigame, a crane minigame, a hexing minigame, and much more."

That kind of terrible. Also, that example of an obscure bad game actually exists. I made none of this up. Oh, and you could sort of consider this a display of my writing style, albeit rather condensed for the sake of the example.

Yup, that's gonna be a fun time.
That too could be taken out of context without that clarification..
That's not stopping anyone from taking that part out and letting the ships set sail...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
3 Late replies because I needed sleep.

That episode was also my favorite and I thought it was the best of the four (and the others were really good too though but that was phenomenal). The best way to kick off a new season...
Agreed.

I did not see that revelation about Pink Diamond coming.

I think I've already got a good idea of where the rest of the season's headed given the current situation.

I can find gems... or I can find hilariously terrible games, though in the latter case, it can't just be the standard bad game. It has to be the kind of terrible like, "You play as a random character in a movie tie-in game of a terrible movie. Your main method of moving is by pointing the Wiimote at the screen and holding the B button to move your character. The model quality is laughably bad, the music sounds like bad royalty free music that doesn't even fit with the game (in a licensed game no less), and scenes from the movie play in-game but they're not even centered correctly on the screen. There's also no proper way to quit out of the game. The game also pads itself out by the silliest means possible by just having you walk to one spot then another and then another before finally having you go to a spot right near where you started before you play a dumb minigame. They range from random to '...wait what?!'. There's a random golf minigame, a crane minigame, a hexing minigame, and much more."

That kind of terrible. Also, that example of an obscure bad game actually exists. I made none of this up. Oh, and you could sort of consider this a display of my writing style, albeit rather condensed for the sake of the example.

Yup, that's gonna be a fun time.
....what. Okay, I have to know what that game is now.

Nice btw. Breaking down a game that's like that simply has to be fun. :laugh:

That's not stopping anyone from taking that part out and letting the ships set sail...
....yeah please just keep it to the HG sims. If even there.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

....what. Okay, I have to know what that game is now.

Nice btw. Breaking down a game that's like that simply has to be fun. :laugh:
It's a game called Beastly for the Wii, based off the movie of the same name. Never heard of it? Well neither have I until like a couple months ago! The movie is basically Beauty and the Beast except bad. It's a licensed game on the Wii which already isn't looking good but this makes some really bad licensed games look okay in comparison. Like half of what happens in the game has nothing to do with the movie. For example, the crane minigame and the golf minigame. Oh, and the hex is a thing that actually happens in the movie; that one is an exception. There's also one point where you just walk through a zoo and look at animal exhibits to get a fun fact about the animal. At the very end of the zoo, you have to answer trivia on the animals which has nothing to do with the movie. What.

And during this time, I remembered another game, or "game", rather that I could do. Okay, just when it seemed like I didn't want to do it, I realize the gems that would be glorious to do and get however much attention possible.
....yeah please just keep it to the HG sims. If even there.
Sorry, FedEx. You're not shipping me anytime soon. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

God Smash Flash 2 feels so foreign to me after years of the console games.
The momentum is screwing me over.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's a game called Beastly for the Wii, based off the movie of the same name. Never heard of it? Well neither have I until like a couple months ago! The movie is basically Beauty and the Beast except bad. It's a licensed game on the Wii which already isn't looking good but this makes some really bad licensed games look okay in comparison. Like half of what happens in the game has nothing to do with the movie. For example, the crane minigame and the golf minigame. Oh, and the hex is a thing that actually happens in the movie; that one is an exception. There's also one point where you just walk through a zoo and look at animal exhibits to get a fun fact about the animal. At the very end of the zoo, you have to answer trivia on the animals which has nothing to do with the movie. What.

And during this time, I remembered another game, or "game", rather that I could do. Okay, just when it seemed like I didn't want to do it, I realize the gems that would be glorious to do and get however much attention possible.
I'm going to repeat one thing I said before:

....what.
It sounds more like they just wanted to make a attempt at creating some kind of unusual sandbox game and got the right to use the movie's property for it in hopes of getting the game more attention than actually wanting to make a video game based on the film.

Sometimes the content and quality of a game (or in any kind of media, really, but it seems more common with video games) is just so weird, confusing and out there that I can never hope to wrap my head around just what the developers were thinking when they were working on it and what convinced them that they'd be in a good state for release. It doesn't stop me from trying to theorize and rationalize what their mindsets might have been like and why, but I usually just remain confused. There's really no telling for sure what goes on in the heads of developers as they work on games that turn out like that.

Confusion aside, it is always fun to rip apart bad and weird pieces of media like this. I don't know how you keep finding these kinds of games but I do know it's going to give you plenty of things to write about and a lot of material to work with. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I haven't played Smash Flash 2 in a long time myself. I've heard people talking about it a lot lately though. Did it get a major update or something like that?
Yeah they stuck out like a Beta.
And I'm not sure if it's because I've been getting back into the console games as of late (turns out I should've been playing Toon Link all this time, who know?), or because of other factors, but uh... This doesn't feel good in my hands.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah they stuck out like a Beta.
And I'm not sure if it's because I've been getting back into the console games as of late (turns out I should've been playing Toon Link all this time, who know?), or because of other factors, but uh... This doesn't feel good in my hands.
I might have to try it.

I don't know whether you've only played console games lately or have still been playing a couple PC games, but I always did find Smash Flash and it's sequel a bit awkward to control and play. You can get somewhat used to it after a while however.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I might have to try it.

I don't know whether you've only played console games lately or have still been playing a couple PC games, but I always did find Smash Flash and it's sequel a bit awkward to control and play. You can get somewhat used to it after a while however.
As of now? Mostly console. Hell I'm trying to save up for one (PS4), if only Mahvel.
Honestly a lot of it is the momentum, it feels like stuff I could get away with in the console games I can't in Flash. Especially comboing into Smashes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

As of now? Mostly console. Hell I'm trying to save up for one (PS4), if only Mahvel.
Honestly a lot of it is the momentum, it feels like stuff I could get away with in the console games I can't in Flash. Especially comboing into Smashes.

Ah, nice. I wish you luck in saving up for that.

It's definitely pretty different from a lot of other Flash games out there. Agreed on Smashes by the way. I've taken breaks from it before but as I previously mentioned, I tend to get used to it after playing it for a while again, so you might be able to as well. It just takes a some time.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It sounds more like they just wanted to make a attempt at creating some kind of unusual sandbox game and got the right to use the movie's property for it in hopes of getting the game more attention than actually wanting to make a video game based on the film.

Sometimes the content and quality of a game (or in any kind of media, really, but it seems more common with video games) is just so weird, confusing and out there that I can never hope to wrap my head around just what the developers were thinking when they were working on it and what convinced them that they'd be in a good state for release. It doesn't stop me from trying to theorize and rationalize what their mindsets might have been like and why, but I usually just remain confused. There's really no telling for sure what goes on in the heads of developers as they work on games that turn out like that.

Confusion aside, it is always fun to rip apart bad and weird pieces of media like this. I don't know how you keep finding these kinds of games but I do know it's going to give you plenty of things to write about and a lot of material to work with. :p
It's not a sandbox game, I can tell you that much.

Sometimes you have devs that work on games that end up being doomed right from the start for various reasons. Other times, it is indeed quite confusing and could be worth trying to think about though not always. I say that because trying to come up with ways to make a game like I described better is like actually trying to come up with ways that The Room could have been better; those types of things I find are better off enjoying for the unintentional comedy (as well as the petting of dogs that somehow went unnoticed on the set).

It usually goes like this: some person I watch live streams it (not by his own choice but rather by vote) or I find a review of it somewhere. I've got like 3 candidates to choose from: Lifeline, Metal Gear Solid (for games I never played), and an interactive movie from 1998. So, I've got some quality games to pick from (only one of these is actually good). :p

Top Bottom