• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The main reason I'm trying to take a break is because of how quiet it's been. School is just another reason for me to take some time off here (and I agree that it's probably the main reason why this particular thread has become so quiet as of late.)

And to be honest, I do think at times that I spend a little too much time on here.....but I don't know.....maybe I'm thinking about that too negatively....

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

The main reason I'm trying to take a break is because of how quiet it's been. School is just another reason for me to take some time off here (and I agree that it's probably the main reason why this particular thread has become so quiet as of late.)

And to be honest, I do think at times that I spend a little too much time on here.....but I don't know.....maybe I'm thinking about that too negatively....
As long as you prioritize your responsibilities, and have a balance between school and smashboards, you should be fine. I spend a good amount of time on here, but I don't feel guilty about it and I know I'm fine because I still put real life responsibilities ahead of my socialization on here. I'm sure you'll do well with the balance. :)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That ending to Undertale made me cry many manly tears. Especially when "SAVE the World" began to play.

It seems SAVEing the game is impossible.
But maybe, with what little power you have left..

You can SAVE something else.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

As long as you prioritize your responsibilities, and have a balance between school and smashboards, you should be fine. I spend a good amount of time on here, but I don't feel guilty about it and I know I'm fine because I still put real life responsibilities ahead of my socialization on here. I'm sure you'll do well with the balance. :)
Well, thank you.

I try my best to balance those two things out. I think my main problem though:

is that I'm not all that used to this place being so quiet. I come on here every day and spend a lot of my time of that day here.....it feels to me like I'm just sitting here for ages waiting for something to happen when I could be doing plenty of other things to pass my time and enjoy the day instead.

It's things like that that make me think I've become too attached to the site, or perhaps mostly just this thread in particular. Like I've grown to rely on it way too much to spend my day. I spend most of the days in which I'm just at home on the Internet anyway, but.....

...you know I'm more than likely just making a mountain out of a molehill here. lol. I think I just need to realize that this place won't always be super active. Real life is still a thing. I'm probably taking this whole matter as a bigger issue than it probably is.

That ending to Undertale made me cry many manly tears. Especially when "SAVE the World" began to play.

It seems SAVEing the game is impossible.
But maybe, with what little power you have left..

You can SAVE something else.

Undertale spoilers:
Tis a great song. And a great ending, too. :p

I'm curious as to what your overall thoughts on the game are.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Well, thank you.

I try my best to balance those two things out. I think my main problem though:

is that I'm not all that used to this place being so quiet. I come on here every day and spend a lot of my time of that day here.....it feels to me like I'm just sitting here for ages waiting for something to happen when I could be doing plenty of other things to pass my time and enjoy the day instead.

It's things like that that make me think I've become too attached to the site, or perhaps mostly just this thread in particular. Like I've grown to rely on it way too much to spend my day. I spend most of the days in which I'm just at home on the Internet anyway, but.....

...for all I know I could very well just be making a mountain out of a molehill here. lol. I think I just need to realize that this place will be a lot more active at some times than it will be at others. Real life is still a thing.

Undertale spoilers:
Tis a great song. And a great ending, too. :p

I'm curious as to what your overall thoughts on the game are.
I'll just quote my review on Steam.

Undertale is truly a spectacular game I would recommend to anyone. As a long time fan of EarthBound, which inspired it, I can honestly say this game far outdoes EarthBound. The characters are witty, have entertaining but emotional backstories, the settings in which the game takes place are varied, the level of humor is self-aware and had me cracking up several times during my playthrough. The Soundtrack is phenomenal, the story touching and emotional, and it made me cry tears of joy and sadness throughout the course of the game several times - something very few games have made me do. It flips the RPG genre on it's head and introduces exciting and unique mechanics.

While their is a limited amount of sidequests and things to do; the game has tons of replay-ability for it's emotional story and soundtrack alone.

Truly, Undertale is a game worthy of cult classic status and of the huge fanbase it has created, and while I was hesitant when I first heard of it due to the large fanbase, I do not regret my decision to get this game at all and wish I had taken the plunge far sooner.

I very rarely give games this high of a score, but Undertale gets a perfect 10/10 from me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Ah, right. Happy Star Wars Day, everyone.

I'll just quote my review on Steam.

Undertale is truly a spectacular game I would recommend to anyone. As a long time fan of EarthBound, which inspired it, I can honestly say this game far outdoes EarthBound. The characters are witty, have entertaining but emotional backstories, the settings in which the game takes place are varied, the level of humor is self-aware and had me cracking up several times during my playthrough. The Soundtrack is phenomenal, the story touching and emotional, and it made me cry tears of joy and sadness throughout the course of the game several times - something very few games have made me do. It flips the RPG genre on it's head and introduces exciting and unique mechanics.

While their is a limited amount of sidequests and things to do; the game has tons of replay-ability for it's emotional story and soundtrack alone.

Truly, Undertale is a game worthy of cult classic status and of the huge fanbase it has created, and while I was hesitant when I first heard of it due to the large fanbase, I do not regret my decision to get this game at all and wish I had taken the plunge far sooner.

I very rarely give games this high of a score, but Undertale gets a perfect 10/10 from me.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.

That is a very well written review, by the way.

When's the sequel, Overtale, coming out?

Top Bottom