• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Forty Nine.

I can't think of something clever, so have a haiku, instead.

forty nine forty nine nine
forty forty nine forty nine forty nine
forty nine nine forty eight

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Chinese stuff i guess?
I never got them, either
That's two of us

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

While I was playing Pearl last night I decided to check the Pokemon Day Care. It turns out I left a Bidoof and a Kricketot there a few years back and completely forgot about them. Both were very early catches of mine that I had trouble training as I moved forward into the game (Kricketot especially, since it only knows one damaging move that takes up three turns to charge and release, and more often than not, it misses, even on the weakest wild Pokemon if I recall right) but nonetheless I decided to pay $6800 to get them both back.

...they are now level 39 and 41, respectively.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

You probably won't get anything good out of that Kricketot unless you go to the move relearner once/if you evolve it. It's past the levels where it would get new moves as a Kricketune.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I might just keep to my current team members and not do much with either of those two at this point after all. I didn't want to leave them there for nearly that long, but it is what it is I guess.

Still kinda funny how the Kricketot is just two/three levels away from my two strongest Pokemon though. :teeth:

56 so how's this avi? :lol:
Uh....

....well, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, for one thing. :laugh:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I might just keep to my current team members and not do much with either of those two at this point after all. I didn't want to leave them there for nearly that long, but it is what it is I guess.

Still kinda funny how the Kricketot is just two/three levels away from my two strongest Pokemon though. :teeth:
Well, if you evolve that Bidoof you got there, Bibarel can learn most of the HMs in the game which is quite useful if you don't want to saddle the Pokemon you're actually using in battle with them. And Sinnoh has a number of instances where you gotta use a good chunk of them too. Just a suggestion, that's all...

Also, lol Kricketot is the true champ of your team.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, if you evolve that Bidoof you got there, Bibarel can learn most of the HMs in the game which is quite useful if you don't want to saddle the Pokemon you're actually using in battle with them. And Sinnoh has a number of instances where you gotta use a good chunk of them too. Just a suggestion, that's all...

Also, lol Kricketot is the true champ of your team.

...I wish I had known that earlier. I have caught a few other Bibarels, but perhaps it would better to go with one that's a high level. Or at least that way I'd be giving something I left at day care for ages a purpose on the team lol.

Seriously speaking though, are Kricketots even worth trying to level up? Bide takes three turns to use and in my experience, it usually misses, and the only other move it knows, Growl, doesn't help it out much either.

It's a shame, since Kricketune on the other hand is quite powerful.

Darth Vader is secretly a Brony :lol:

....yep. Still doesn't make sense.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Seriously speaking though, are Kricketots even worth trying to level up? Bide takes three turns to use and in my experience, it usually misses, and the only other move it knows, Growl, doesn't help it out much either.

If you have a Rare Candy which will increase a Pokemon's level up, I suppose so. Even then, Kricketune will need to go to the move relearner to get its good moves such as X-Scissor. And even then, there are better Bug types and better physical attackers than it. So, it's your call really.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

In a battle, you could just start with Kricketot and then switch out to someone else who needs training or is already trained. The EXP will be split between the two, but it's better than nothing.
And yeah, what Blossom said.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
In a battle, you could just start with Kricketot and then switch out to someone else who needs training or is already trained. The EXP will be split between the two, but it's better than nothing.
Or use the Exp. Share assuming he has it. That's another option to consider.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I do have an Exp. Share, so maybe I'll try that if I attempt to do anything further with this Kricketot.

Some of these methods may also see some use if I happen to get a Kricketot on my Nuzlocke, but chances are I won't be getting one there since they aren't exactly a common Pokemon.

Thanks for the advice, both of you.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I may or may not be doing something different with my username later today. Yes, I said Blossom would be permanent but my premium won't expire until July so why not?

Top Bottom