• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I also wanted it over by 3 (as this one was essentially the conclusion to the main story) and felt that by the time 4 was announced, it was being milked.

I was alright with FNaF world, as Scott seemed to honestly want to create a much better game than he did when it was released, even pulling it off Steam. But another main game? After the fourth game was specifically advertised as the final chapter? That is milking it. Nothing more.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

From the sources I've found, the next game is gonna be another spin-off.
Even then, this franchise has had five games in the span of 20 months as of now soon to be six. Spin-off or not, that's kind of ridiculous even if these games don't take that long to make.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
From the sources I've found, the next game is gonna be another spin-off.
Even then, this franchise has had five games in the span of 20 months as of now soon to be six. Spin-off or not, that's kind of ridiculous even if these games don't take that long to make.
It could also be pretty smart from a marketing point of view.

Think about it, how successful could your franchise be if you release a new game *because your audience gets bored from the current game?*

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
190 Pegasus Ponies

Just wanted to use the invisible quote trick because I'm too lazy to tag, I'm about to get Marble Pie in the game tomorrow.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

It could also be pretty smart from a marketing point of view.

Think about it, how successful could your franchise be if you release a new game *because your audience gets bored from the current game?*
See though, that's the thing. It's a faulty marketing strategy.
At some point the hype does die down. There's going to be a point to where FNAF stops becoming all the rage and MatPat finally finished up his theory on how the kids were killed by a sub sandwich.

Good games are those that can stand on their own, and last long after the hype dies down. Hell in the amount of time it took FNAF to make five games, it generally takes other companies the same time to make one or two. And most of that is because they're all the same game with minor things rearranged.

It's like junk food: It works for a bit, but sooner or later people start craving something substantial.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
A new FNAF a new start for the thread.

Huh, the Ninjas are real.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Congrats Cyn!

See though, that's the thing. It's a faulty marketing strategy.
At some point the hype does die down. There's going to be a point to where FNAF stops becoming all the rage and MatPat finally finished up his theory on how the kids were killed by a sub sandwich.

Good games are those that can stand on their own, and last long after the hype dies down. Hell in the amount of time it took FNAF to make five games, it generally takes other companies the same time to make one or two. And most of that is because they're all the same game with minor things rearranged.

It's like junk food: It works for a bit, but sooner or later people start craving something substantial.
I couldn't agree more with everything you just said here.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678

I found out a lot about some of the people on these boards today :)

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
7 congratulations to Cyn

I was gonna type up about how that marketing strategy is flawed but Sub beat me to the punch.
It's also a pretty flawed way to design your game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I honestly felt that the franchise would've turned out a lot better if there was more time put into it.

Instead of a couple games with subpar quality quickly being released one after the other, I think I would've preferred a lot more time being spent on the sequel and then third game to make something really nice. I do think the first game is great. It introduced a neat original concept for gameplay, the difficulty stayed pretty even until super late into the game, plenty of effort was put into the scares, etc. Overall, I think it's a good game and does it's job pretty well. But everything that followed it just doesn't hold up, for many reasons.

I get that Scott himself is the only person working on it, and when you consider that, all of the FNaF games are actually quite impressive. Regardless, this isn't an excuse for every strategy he has used nor is it an excuse for every flaw the rest of the games have. I still believe the series could've turned out a lot better if he took things more slowly and steadily. And if they did, he wouldn't be milking it in such a manner that he is right now.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

The fourth one didn't end up being so bad, though I do think that it's just.....being milked at this point.
It's been milked for years imo (well, it's seemed like years lol). I also heard rumors of a movie (if that claim was proven fake plz clear up).

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

...Where's a gun? Because I want to shoot somebody right now.

The Gym Battle against Sabirna took an awful turn for the worse.

I didn't expect Sabrina's Espeon to still be faster than :094: KoP, resulting in him getting KOed by her Psychic.

Then, :130: Bloodborne was sent out and took out Sabrina's Espeon and Mr. Mime with a Dragon Dance boost.

Then, her Alakazam... HER F***ING ALAKAZAM...

It uses Reflect, nullifying Bloodborne's attack.

It was also too fast even after a boost and too strong to heal stall.

So I had to make a sacrifice... Nay... 2 sacrifices...

Snare intercepted a Psychic, which KOed it in a single hit. Then, :076: Gaia, one of my oldest team members, bravely stepped in to take Alakazam's mighty Energy Ball as I healed Bloodborne.

Bloodborne came into the battle ready to take it out... When all of the sudden its Psychic frickin' CRITS him and KOs him in a single blow.

:157: Hellraiser had to finish the fight, just barely surviving another heavy blow...

Ugh... I left the gym, resisting the urge to punch Sabrina dead on in the face, and I went off to bury my 4 team members that perished...

This... This was a very heavy blow to my pride... I feel weak, vulnerable, and scared...

...But I will recover. After all... I do have a vast array of Pokémon I caught on my journey... Just a couple hours of training to tip-top shape can do the trick.

After paying my respects, and giving Hellraiser a hug and comforting him, I went over to the PC to search for new team members...

...I'm not down just yet, Kanto...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's been milked for years imo (well, it's seemed like years lol). I also heard rumors of a movie (if that claim was proven fake plz clear up).
I have to tell you that it's true. It's been in a slow development process by Warner Bros. for a while now. IIRC, they've even enlisted Jim Henson's Creature Shop to create the animatronics for the film.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Damn... I was shaken up after that.

EASILY the most devastating moment of this Nuzlocke. I honestly thought Sabrina was going to end my run.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I have to tell you that it's true. It's been in a slow development process by Warner Bros. for a while now. IIRC, they've even enlisted Jim Henson's Creature Shop to create the animatronics for the film.
........................................................................................................................

Also, RIP KoP Gengar. You will be missed.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yup, Nuzlockes seem to have that moment where everything goes to ****. I thankfully didn't run into this thanks to a combination of planning, grinding to reasonable levels, solid team members, and some luck thrown in. I'll probably run into this moment when I do Black 2 on Challenge Mode. First, I need to get Black 2 and beat it so I can access the mode.

That seriously sucks though especially considering how well established your team was up till that point.
I died. Again.
Look on the bright side, at least there's one Nuzlocke you didn't die in.

Top Bottom