• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Luig

Confused
Hey guys.
I went to a quiz bowl tournament with some other - *doorbell ring*

As a was saying, we went there. I was dressed up a Posiedon. Seaworld shirt matched. :p
In other news, we drowned in pools because of a coin flip.

sigh...
*doorbell ring*
Well...
*doorbell ring*

:mad:

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Hey guys.
I went to a quiz bowl tournament with some other - *doorbell ring*

As a was saying, we went there. I was dressed up a Posiedon. Seaworld shirt matched. :p
In other news, we drowned in pools because of a coin flip.

sigh...
*doorbell ring*
Well...
*doorbell ring*

:mad:
I mis-read the first part as Brawl tournament.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
18 returns

Not really.. the people's votes are more like a popularity contest.. The electoral college votes are what decides who gets the office. And the people's votes aren't taken into account in there as much as it should..
In theory, the electoral college doesn't have to vote in the same way as its constituents, but that never happens because well, that'd make people riot. So people's views are still taken into account. It's just that there's a lot of wasted votes. But that's what happens in plurality/first past the post electoral systems, and it's not necessarily a bad thing (the alternatives have their own pros and cons anyways).
Regardless, it'd still be much more of a waste not to vote.
Al Gore and George W. Bush is a good example of this.. Gore Won by the people's votes but Bush won in the Electoral college votes and became the president..
Well, that was more of the Supreme Court's fault too. Also, if Ralph Nader didn't make people believe he could win, Gore could've won.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
18 returns

In theory, the electoral college doesn't have to vote in the same way as its constituents, but that never happens because well, that'd make people riot. So people's views are still taken into account. It's just that there's a lot of wasted votes. But that's what happens in plurality/first past the post electoral systems, and it's not necessarily a bad thing (the alternatives have their own pros and cons anyways).
Regardless, it'd still be much more of a waste not to vote.
Unless the candidates don't have the same ideals as you that you don't like them for it.. I still choose to not vote because they aren't what i feel we need..
Btw A10 how's this dress :lol:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

I am not sure what i should write for my status.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

Unless the candidates don't have the same ideals as you that you don't like them for it.. I still choose to not vote because they aren't what i feel we need..
While I agree that candidates don't always match our ideal choices, you should still vote, at least to ensure that you get the lesser of the two evils. :lol:
Btw A10 how's this dress :lol:
I like it. :) Though I feel like it would be something that Twilight would wear. Maybe it's because of the stars. :lol:

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

While I agree that candidates don't always match our ideal choices, you should still vote, at least to ensure that you get the lesser of the two evils. :lol:

I like it. :) Though I feel like it would be something that Twilight would wear. Maybe it's because of the stars. :lol:
Nah I don't have time to care about politics :lol:

Top Bottom