• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
For the new one, they went for a story approach, unlike the world resetting after the end credits (some parts of mlp, awog, spongebob) I dunno, stories gave us great things like gfs and plot twists in MI...
Yeah, but story-based shows have one problem; once their story ends, it's over.

Shows like MLP, however, have the potential to be immortal. The Simpsons proved it with its 25+ years of episodes.

But I liked how it was in the older seasons.. every episode was a New story, New villain, and a new mystery.. they changed too much too quickly imo..
Mystery Inc. still had that formula. It's just that there was this bigger thing as well.

Each mystery was part of a gigantic, 52-piece puzzle.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Shows like MLP, however, have the potential to be immortal. The Simpsons proved it with its 25+ years of episodes.
I wouldn't go that far.
Oh sure the Simpsons has been on for a while, but it doesn't have much of a a plot (it is in a way an animated sitcom after all). Shows like MLP or Gravity Falls have plot, and character. And there's only so long before you either reach every piece of new ground or jump the shark.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I really need to think of a way to introduce my character in FF.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah, but story-based shows have one problem; once their story ends, it's over.

Mystery Inc. still had that formula. It's just that there was this bigger thing as well.

Each mystery was part of a gigantic, 52-piece puzzle.

But they added continuity to it.. Also from what I've seen the monsters were actually real and there wasn't any real unmasking..

Also.. am I the only one that tried GFs and didn't get into it? :lol:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
106 conversations about Scooby (<3)
I never got to finish Mystery Incorporated. I had the last few episodes saved on my DVR but then we changed our service provider so I lost those recordings. I should finish that sometime soon.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
108 All this talk of seasons and continuity is reminding me of Avatar's sad 3-season run. On the one hand, the story arc fit perfectly into the time they had, and to go any longer, I feel they'd have to go in some pretty crazy directions. On the other hand, there are only 3 seasons.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

I have seen Scooby-Doo the show from the 60s and early 2000's.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I've always wanted to get into Avatar but I never have....I only watched like a few episodes and that was a few years ago.

Also, I'm probably among the very few people who actually liked Scrappy. :seuss:

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
116 Scrappy was eh imo.. though he did get annoying in the first Scooby Doo realistic movie..

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But they added continuity to it.. Also from what I've seen the monsters were actually real and there wasn't any real unmasking..
'Twas a mix of both, actually.

Also.. am I the only one that tried GFs and didn't get into it? :lol:
Well, there's Keyblade who think it's garbage, bur besides him? I don't thibk so...

I've always wanted to get into Avatar but I never have....I only watched like a few episodes and that was a few years ago.

Also, I'm probably among the very few people who actually liked Scrappy. :seuss:
Lemme at 'em! Lemme at 'em! :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I remember seeing that live-action Scooby-Doo movie, though I don't really remember much about it because it was years ago when I first watched it.

Top Bottom