• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Luig

Confused
Speaking of scooby, I remember in 6th grade, I was watching mystery incorporated, and I just got to the good stuff, which had amazing plot twists, when my mom deemed it "too dark" to watch and I never finished it. :ohwell:

Though I know why she's sensitive to that stuff.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Speaking of scooby, I remember in 6th grade, I was watching mystery incorporated, and I just got to the good stuff, which had amazing plot twists, when my mom deemed it "too dark" to watch and I never finished it. :\
I would recommend not telling her about Gravity Falls, then.

Although I gotta agree, Mystery Inc. has lots of messed up ****, especially that talking parrot!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, it did.

Lol the credits of the last gf ep.
However, both shows aren't that different; they both involve a huge mystery with an insane amount of buildup and fan-made theories as we see the characters develop through the episodes.

Also, both lead to the end of the world at some point, with Mystery Inc. having it as the series finale.

Only difference is that most "monsters" in Mystery Inc. are costumes (because Scooby-Doo), unlike Gravity Falls.

Oh! They also tell completely different stories and don't deal with the same aspects of the supernatural...most of the time :lol:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Bill is just...

Y'all remember when I said Hades would always be my favorite villain? (I think it was before you joined, Luigi)

Yeah, I spoke WAY too soon.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
74 "there are no accidents" no one can guess what I'm watching :lol:

I don't like mystery Inc.. I couldn't get used to the new graphics and the relationships with Fred and Daphne, Shaggy, and Velma.. it feels like the whole concept of Scooby Doo was replaced imo..

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Close enough lol

I didn't like Mystery Inc. either. Shaggy and Velma's relationship was what turned me off more than anything. Fred and Daphne's didn't bother me so much though, probably because it was actually implied every now and then in older Scooby-Doo works...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't like mystery Inc.. I couldn't get used to the new graphics and the relationships with Fred and Daphne, Shaggy, and Velma..
I thought the relationship changes were okay. It offered something new and that was good enough for me.

I agree for the graphics, but looks aren't everything, y'know :glare:

it feels like the whole concept of Scooby Doo was replaced imo..
That's because it actually was; it became much more clever and mysterious and each mystery was a step forward to solving something that was much, much bigger...kinda like Gravity Falls, but with a psychopatic parrot and people disguised as monsters.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
80 bob-ombs

BTW if anyone's wondering why I haven't been posting here a lot lately, Melee came in the mail. So my life is pretty busy right now :awesome:

Luig

Confused
50 unikorns not commenting their code
How'd you get.. ugh...
I thought the relationship changes were okay. It offered something new and that was good enough for me.

That's because it actually was; it became much more clever and mysterious and each mystery was a step forward to solving something that was much, much bigger...kinda like Gravity Falls, but with a psychopatic parrot and people disguised as monsters.

I agree- it was fresh, and it pulled it off pretty well. You have to be open to changes, and this was a good one.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
80 bob-ombs

BTW if anyone's wondering why I haven't been posting here a lot lately, Melee came in the mail. So my life is pretty busy right now :awesome:
I've been playing Melee a lot too. My college has a smash club. I just got Netplay for melee as well.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I should really get around to watching more GF. Tomorrow perhaps I'll watch a few episodes.

Luig

Confused

I will finish the show soon.

On a side note, I'm thinking of another gf avi...

Scooby doo... I forgot about that part of my childhood completely for a few years, until I was reminded of it yesterday.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

But I liked how it was in the older seasons.. every episode was a New story, New villain, and a new mystery.. they changed too much too quickly imo..

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
But I liked how it was in the older seasons.. every episode was a New story, New villain, and a new mystery.. they changed too much too quickly imo..

For the new one, they went for a story approach, unlike the world resetting after the end credits (some parts of mlp, awog, spongebob) I dunno, stories gave us great things like gfs and plot twists in MI...

Last edited:
Top Bottom