• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Fair enough.

But I guess the question is now should we bring it back?
Well, if it's meant to also be a third Forum Fight thread, or a similar enough RP thread, I'd also suggest notifying some of the other regulars from it and seeing if they're interested in participating in it again.

I forgot to mention something that was on my mind; I think another benefit we could get from moving our RPs to a dedicated thread is that we could more commonly have serious and casual discussions in this thread.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206

Probably because that sort of RP is all improvised, just like ours here.

Over time, people probably didn't always think to visit it or ran short of ideas on how to continue it. If everyone who spent time there started to drop their activity in it, I'd imagine most of them essentially "forgot" about it.
After Smashfan left, we lost a dedicated leader who was willing to drive the story forward while keeping others on track. After a while, things became a bit too chaotic, and stories would go on without making any real progress.

Frostwraith would eventually come in and fix this problem, but after he also left, things began to fall apart again. No one else was willing to put forth the effort of driving the thread.

:006:~then they all rawr'd happily ever after, the end~ :3

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After Smashfan left, we lost a dedicated leader who was willing to drive the story forward while keeping others on track. After a while, things became a bit too chaotic, and stories would go on without making any real progress.

Frostwraith would eventually come in and fix this problem, but after he also left, things began to fall apart again. No one else was willing to put forth the effort of driving the thread.

:006:~then they all rawr'd happily ever after, the end~ :3

Did they ever actually announce they were leaving it and losing interest? Anything like that? Or did they just seem to forget about it as I suggested?

If it's the former I doubt they'd be interested in another, but I think most of many of us here are pretty dedicated to our RP. It might not always be active but I think with all of us together, among several others, we'd be able to keep it alive.

Unless your characters in a Fire Emblem game.

Than its the norm :happysheep:
Ew.

4 Bob-ombs.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It was just a little FE8/FE10 humor. Course I didn't even see the whole convo lol

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Did they ever actually announce they were leaving it and losing interest? Anything like that? Or did they just seem to forget about it as I suggested?

If it's the former I doubt they'd be interested in another, but I think most of many of us here are pretty dedicated to our RP. It might not always be active but I think with all of us together, among several others, we'd be able to keep it alive.

Ew.

4 Bob-ombs.
Smashfan announced well in advance that he was leaving. He mentioned that he had other things that he wanted to do in life n stuff... so he left to pursue other goals.

Frosty's character was the main focus of the arc where he drove the plot. After that arc ended, Frost decided to take a backrow seat, the way things work is that if your character is the main focus of the story, you drive that story arc.

It can be stressful-ish because you have to be able to keep the arc flowing, while also adapting to any unexpected things that happen along the way (which is after like every post) Sometimes one poster will do something that pushes the story along faster than you expect, ect.

It's pri busy work being the main guy~

:006:~tl;dr we were too lazy to do it :3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smashfan announced well in advance that he was leaving. He mentioned that he had other things that he wanted to do in life n stuff... so he left to pursue other goals.

Frosty's character was the main focus of the arc where he drove the plot. After that arc ended, Frost decided to take a backrow seat, the way things work is that if your character is the main focus of the story, you drive that story arc.

It can be stressful-ish because you have to be able to keep the arc flowing, while also adapting to any unexpected things that happen along the way (which is after like every post) Sometimes one poster will do something that pushes the story along faster than you expect, ect.

And while I never posted much, I can also say that in many ways it was tough to join in. Especially on an ongoing RP. Since let's face it the posts could get large. And if you weren't paying attention good luck catching up.

So, maybe an idea could be pursuing another direction. Think smaller than bigger.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I suppose I can understand that. It's a dedicated RP thread after all with an ongoing story.

Most of the RPs that have happened here basically have one storyline that goes on for a few hours, maybe like three days at most, only to eventually be referenced much later on. Plus, it's less serious and a lot more random....

I don't think a thread would necessarily entirely get in the way of that creativity, nor would the kind of stuff in this thread's past RPs necessarily harm the concept of the thread either. No harm can be done in trying to revive it.

Moving on from that... I'ma gonna leave for a bit. So see if I can some magic happen.
See ya later, bud.

Magic for what exactly?

Last edited:
Top Bottom