• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
52 A10theHero A10theHero you fled before i posted so here is what i was going to say lol :p
I started in the actual game first. Showdown came after that lol. some of my teams/pokemon/Strategies are from there including my dual screen Klefki and my Baton Pass Mr. mime and some of my other fairies (was a Fairy type Gym leader for a facebook group). I try and find things that work on Showdown and see if I could use it in Game.
Though the problem with the bottom part is that in the GL competitions the opposing players aren't as good as they are in showdown because it's a lot harder to get the pokemon you want if you use them competitively without getting banned from the competitions because they don't want hacked pokemon in their tournaments whereas my pokemon haven't really changed all that much since i can/enjoy breeding legit pokemon and don't really use Hidden Power all that much..

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
73 epic battles
Did SS tell you guys how he destroyed my mono dragon team? :laugh:
52 A10theHero A10theHero you fled before i posted so here is what i was going to say lol :p
Yeah, sorry about that. I had to leave. I wrote that in the chatbox, but I'm assuming you didn't get to see that. :p

Though the problem with the bottom part is that in the GL competitions the opposing players aren't as good as they are in showdown because it's a lot harder to get the pokemon you want if you use them competitively without getting banned from the competitions because they don't want hacked pokemon in their tournaments whereas my pokemon haven't really changed all that much since i can/enjoy breeding legit pokemon and don't really use Hidden Power all that much..
I actually started in the games too. But I couldn't make changes from actual battle experience as easily as I could on Showdown. (Also the hackers were really annoying to play against.) It's been a while since I've played competitively on the games now. I keep making random teams and trying new things out, so I don't have a finalized team to breed and use in the game, lol.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
73 epic battles

Yeah, sorry about that. I had to leave. I wrote that in the chatbox, but I'm assuming you didn't get to see that. :p

I actually started in the games too. But I couldn't make changes from actual battle experience as easily as I could on Showdown. (Also the hackers were really annoying to play against.) It's been a while since I've played competitively on the games now. I keep making random teams and trying new things out, so I don't have a finalized team to breed and use in the game, lol.
74 Mono Dragon seems like it has some major weaknesses. Has it been working out?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
74 Mono Dragon seems like it has some major weaknesses. Has it been working out?
it lost to my fairy Mono team 6-0 lol
73 epic battles

I can catch up to them unless they make their pokemon to something that would normally be impossible to have normally. I do have a 6IV ditto i can use to breed :p. also no i did see it lol

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Apparently a lot of the fandom doesn't like Faust because they think she has been acting pretty "unprofessional" about MLP and Hasbro now.
Striking a balance between offense and defense is definitely a challenge. But my team seems to do decently well. Except against Fairies. (See above post, though I've made quite a few modifications to it since that battle).

it lost to my fairy Mono team 6-0 lol
I've made a lot of changes since then. :p Now my team is Goodra, Zygarde, Latias, Garchomp, Dragalge, and Noivern. It's better defensively now.

I can catch up to them unless they make their pokemon to something that would normally be impossible to have normally. I do have a 6IV ditto i can use to breed :p. also no i did see it lol
The impossible hacks are what I'm talking about. :p
Perfect IVs don't make as much of a difference as people think. Having Pokemon with IVs spread about the 20s and 30s is still pretty good.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Apparently a lot of the fandom doesn't like Faust because they think she has been acting pretty "unprofessional" about MLP and Hasbro now.

Striking a balance between offense and defense is definitely a challenge. But my team seems to do decently well. Except against Fairies. (See above post, though I've made quite a few modifications to it since that battle).

I've made a lot of changes since then. :p Now my team is Goodra, Zygarde, Latias, Garchomp, Dragalge, and Noivern. It's better defensively now.

The impossible hacks are what I'm talking about. :p
Perfect IVs don't make as much of a difference as people think. Having Pokemon with IVs spread about the 20s and 30s is still pretty good.
(bottom to the top)
yeah i personally don't see why people want 6 IVs. All i need are all the Necessary IVs to be 31. I don't normally use both Attack and Sp Attack so i don't normally care for having both of those..

I guess i should teach Gardevoir Psychic then :troll: imo though Noivern is an underrated pokemon.. don't particularly know why Boomburst is popular on him though..

Do you have defensive Chomp?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, I don't know how her current attitude towards the show truly is, since the people there seemed to have....rather mixed, opinions on the matter, but I rather disagree with a lot of those posts. Seasons 1 and 2 were still some really good stuff.

I don't know if bringing her back at any point would ever be for the better, even if it were just for a few episodes.

Regardless, she was the one who started the new generation of the show and gave it a big breath of fresh air, and gave it two great seasons, so she at least deserves some respect and credit for that.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
(bottom to the top)
yeah i personally don't see why people want 6 IVs. All i need are all the Necessary IVs to be 31. I don't normally use both Attack and Sp Attack so i don't normally care for having both of those..
Same.

I guess i should teach Gardevoir Psychic then :troll: imo though Noivern is an underrated pokemon.. don't particularly know why Boomburst is popular on him though..
Boomburst is a move it doesn't even get STAB for. Even though it can get past Substitute, it can already have the ability Infiltrator, so yeah, pointless.

Do you have defensive Chomp?
Kinda. I still need it to be somewhat offensive since I need a physical attacker who doesn't need to set up like Zygarde. It knows Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Outrage, and Earthquake and it's holding a Lum Berry.

Well, I don't know how her current attitude towards the show truly is, since the people there seemed to have....rather mixed, opinions on the matter, but I rather disagree with a lot of those posts. Seasons 1 and 2 were still some really good stuff.
Same. I was kinda surprised to hear about this--I actually saw this thread for the first time today, lol.

I don't know if bringing her back at any point would ever be for the better, even if it were just for a few episodes.
Yeah, I'm not sure if it'd do much, really.

Regardless, she was the one who started the new generation of the show and gave it a big breath of fresh air, and gave it two great seasons, so she at least deserves some respect and credit for that.
Agreed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, I'm not sure if it'd do much, really.
I'd kinda like to see it myself if it meant we got to see Fausticorn as a canon character in the show, at least for one appearance or two, but after seeing this thread it seems the fanbase might have divided reactions to that....besides, that's probably just my inner-bias wanting that. Doesn't mean such an appearance would be well warranted.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Boomburst is a move it doesn't even get STAB for. Even though it can get past Substitute, it can already have the ability Infiltrator, so yeah, pointless.

Kinda. I still need it to be somewhat offensive since I need a physical attacker who doesn't need to set up like Zygarde. It knows Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Outrage, and Earthquake and it's holding a Lum Berry.
The only normal type attack moves that are used are on normal types, and those that have Pixilate or a similar ability because of getting stab and +1.3 increase. there's no real benefit on those that don't have the type or ability..

#DragonClawIsBetter :troll: also what was your Goodra's ev distribution and nature?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So in unrelated news, I decided to try making a little sprite for a more permanent signature.

As or right now I don't have a way of getting rid of the negative space, but I was curious if it looked any good (or if I could improve it in some way).

Top Bottom