• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I love school. Right now I'm only doing algebra, but it's really fun, when I do it right.
I guess math is the only subject I really like, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, if it doesn't "reel in" a few people, that's one thing. You can't please everybody.

_______

I'm honestly terrible with math. Not so much terrible actually, just way farther behind than I should be. I can only blame myself for that for being so lazy and uninterested with school growing up....

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008

I love math! All the way up to Differential Equations.

The only thing I really didn't like was discrete series in Calculus 2 and their useless applications with integrations

but then again I'm biased since I'm an EE

I think History was a very useless waste of money at a collegiate level (especially for my Major), politics and economics at least have real world applications

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

With History, the sole job is pretty much teaching it and preserving it.

It's very important to remember history and pass it down. We'd all forget such things had ever happened otherwise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I still feel like there are very few things that I'm even slightly good at in life. Both knowledge and skill-wise....

Not like I want to be a Jack of All Trades, but still......I really don't feel like I'm capable of much...

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
So can someone quickly explain why the pony milkshake avatars took over? I've been wondering...

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I don't enjoy music theory, and I dont want to teach it, either.
I'm a freelance musician, and the only rule I obey is what my ear tells me.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

I still feel like there are very few things that I'm even slightly good at in life. Both knowledge and skill-wise....

Not like I want to be a Jack of All Trades, but still......I really don't feel like I'm capable of much...
That doesn't mean you're good at very few things, that just means you haven't found a lot of your talents yet. Try a bunch of different stuff in life, learn what you love and hate, improve yourself as a person, and find your passions in life. Keep looking and you're bound to come across it eventually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you really enjoy music you should still consider it strongly.

Well....I have interest in one thing, 3D computer animation, and I barely even have any experience with that.....and I keep losing the motivation to improve myself with it whenever I get a good chance. Bleh.

So can someone quickly explain why the pony milkshake avatars took over? I've been wondering...
I just got hooked on it recently. Won't last for too long though probably.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well the only "trend" is more of a personal thing that I started with a few of my friends on here, so it's less of a trend and more of a theme, lol

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323

Well the only "trend" is more of a personal thing that I started with a few of my friends on here, so it's less of a trend and more of a theme, lol
It always starts like this
Soon everyone has one and there's two sides warring at eachother

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If you really enjoy music you should still consider it strongly.

Well....I have interest in one thing, 3D computer animation, and I barely even have any experience with that.....and I keep losing the motivation to improve myself with it whenever I get a good chance. Bleh.
You should look into classes at a community college. It's usually pretty cheap, depending on the college it can be a good course, and a class is motivation to keep on learning more about the program/environment you're using.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I'm tempted to make more items for trove but my current item submission is pending.
Help.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Meh I don't think it's gonna go anywhere.

_______

The program I'm using right now is SFM. Helps that I love games like TF2 so much, so I want to be able to make videos for that community as well as many others, seeing as SFM models exist for things like Nintendo games as well. I feel like I have some creative ideas for animations to show and share my love of these games.

It seems like a simple enough program to learn on my own or just with some tutorials and lessons from one who's more experienced with it, but it's still a very complicated program regardless.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Well, if it doesn't "reel in" a few people, that's one thing. You can't please everybody.
Isn't that getting off track? My point is that silence usually indicates a negative reaction. I consider disinterest part of this, as a product failing to interest is really no more a success than recieving hate. At least the latter means they cared enough to form an opinion, also.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323

Meh I don't think it's gonna go anywhere.
I'm only acting like this because we actually did this kind of stuff on another forum for fun. There'd be people all with simliar avatars and then people who hated them (But mostly for fun.) It's usually a bunch of laughs for everyone and dies out after a while.

Luig

Confused

Whoa, what?! You've never done any music theory? Not a LuigiPianoMaster, I see. When I used to play piano I actually really liked the theory side of things.
Oh wait, that music theory?
Oh yeah, I've done that forever.
Still a Luigipianomaster

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Just for my musical background, I've played guitar for 4 years, trumpet for 6-7 years, and started Bass this summer. I have had theory for the first two (and quickly got tired of the guitar), love the trumpet, and play my dad's old Peavy T-40 every day. I actually got a Peavy Max 112 for $179.99 (a REALLY good deal) for my birthday and my finger dexterity skills from guitar (which I stopped when I picked up the trumpet) carried over very nicely. The bass is a LOT more fun than guitar for me, but I wouldn't have had as easy a time with it had I not had experience with the guitar prior to the bass.

tl;dr, Music is great at any level and something that you think might have been wasted time may come back as a blessing later in life.

Also, I'm off to bed. Good night.

Top Bottom