• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd think she'd at least be unwilling to befriend Twilight again. She'd have a friend in Sunset, but perhaps for some reason she'd want to be Twilight's friend much more, perhaps due to their similar interest in studying? If she at least had Sunset's friendship I'm not sure she'd be quite as heartbroken from it, but she'd still be a bit upset with Twilight, most likely.

Indeed. Spike and Sunset could get along well. With Twilight they'd be a nice trio. I'd also imagine Sunset would be well aware of how much Twilight loves her older brother and might comfort her after getting that invitation. Depending on how early she and Twilight would meet, she may or may not know anything about Cadance. If she did, she'd probably be supporting Twilight during A Canterlot Wedding and could prevent Chrysalis' from getting very far with her plan, the only thing stopping her from turning all of Twilight's friends, as well as their own teacher against her. Unless she was captured or someone intervened somehow, her being in that episode could actually ruin the drama....lol. It'd have to be so that Sunset never met Cadance somehow, or at least didn't remember/know enough about her.

And that's true. Considering everything else, I think you're right, Confidence is the perfect Element for her.

I'm enjoying this conversation very much. :p

I think Moondancer's reaction would be the same. Sure, she'd have a friend in Sunset, but as you said, she seems to have a much greater connection with Twilight. Sunset, for Moondancer, would be just like Lyra, Minuette and the other one that I forgot the name; good friends, but not best friends, not someone like Twilight. I think she'd be just as heartbroken by Twilight's abscence at her party, imo.

I think Twilight would tell Sunset about Cadance. They might even end up doing "Sunshine Sunshine" throughout the show, which would be so adorable! However, I think she'd still be oblivious to Twilight's doubts, saying things like "Maybe she wants to look and behave like a princess should until the wedding's over. You don't need to worry, Twilight." If anything, it'd just make it faster for Twilight to stop doubting Cadance, which would make her imprisonned by Chrysalis sooner, which would then make Sunset reconsider what Twilight said. Might even add more drama that way.

Yeah, Confidence would be perfect for her, right?

I am too :)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I think Moondancer's reaction would be the same. Sure, she'd have a friend in Sunset, but as you said, she seems to have a much greater connection with Twilight. Sunset, for Moondancer, would be just like Lyra, Minuette and the other one that I forgot the name; good friends, but not best friends, not someone like Twilight. I think she'd be just as heartbroken by Twilight's abscence at her party, imo.

I think Twilight would tell Sunset about Cadance. They might even end up doing "Sunshine Sunshine" throughout the show, which would be so adorable! However, I think she'd still be oblivious to Twilight's doubts, saying things like "Maybe she wants to look and behave like a princess should until the wedding's over. You don't need to worry, Twilight." If anything, it'd just make it faster for Twilight to stop doubting Cadance, which would make her imprisonned by Chrysalis sooner, which would then make Sunset reconsider what Twilight said. Might even add more drama that way.

Yeah, Confidence would be perfect for her, right?

I am too :)

Sounds about right. I bet Moondancer would even completely ignore and disregard Sunset in spite of their friendship in the past, just like she did with the rest of Twilight's old friends.

Hmm, with everything else considered about Sunset, I kind of doubt she'd be that utterly oblivious. Maybe not as suspicious as Twilight since she seemed to know Cadance better than anyone else there, but she'd be far less suspicious if Twilight only told her about Cadance. She'd probably find "Cadance"'s attitude to be very irksome though. Sunset and Twilight doing the Sunshine thing would be adorable indeed though. :p

What else to consider....would they both arise as Alicorn princesses at some point? Or would that only be Twilight for what happened during the events of S3's finale, as well as her position as being the Element of Magic, the one who discovered the true friendship in the mane six? (not counting Sunset since they would be friends already)

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I love how a lot of the pictures of the mane 6 have a weird facial expression.
Nice avi by the way, I like it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sounds about right. I bet Moondancer would even completely ignore and disregard Sunset in spite of their friendship in the past, just like she did with the rest of Twilight's old friends.

Hmm, with everything else considered about Sunset, I kind of doubt she'd be that utterly oblivious. Maybe not as suspicious as Twilight since she seemed to know Cadance better than anyone else there, but she'd be far less suspicious if Twilight only told her about Cadance. She'd probably find "Cadance"'s attitude to be very irksome though. Sunset and Twilight doing the Sunshine thing would be adorable indeed though. :p

What else to consider....would they both arise as Alicorn princesses at some point? Or would that only be Twilight for what happened during the events of S3's finale, as well as her position as being the Element of Magic, the one who discovered the true friendship in the mane six? (not counting Sunset since they would be friends already)
What if Cadance also was Sunset's foalsitter?

I think only Twilight would become an alicorn and Sunset could be a little jealous at first, but she'd shortly see that Twilight deserved it because of how drastically she changed, not to mention the events of the S3 finale.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What if Cadance also was Sunset's foalsitter?

I think only Twilight would become an alicorn and Sunset could be a little jealous at first, but she'd shortly see that Twilight deserved it because of how drastically she changed, not to mention the events of the S3 finale.

If Sunset knew Cadance as well as Twilight did, I think she'd be just as suspicious as Twilight was.

Yeah, I felt like Sunset being an alicorn in this scenario would be pushing it, for that and the reasons I already mentioned as well. In the scenario of her ever appearing the show with the events of EG, though, I feel like her being an alicorn could actually work for the ways she changed.

Another important thing to consider, I think....what would her role be in the Crystal Empire? Twilight's role would be the same, but Sunset is Celestia's Student too in this scenario. There has to be something else considerable in store for her, even if it's not the same role that was waiting for Twilight to discover.

I also wonder how Discord would affect her.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If Sunset knew Cadance as well as Twilight did, I think she'd be just as suspicious as Twilight was.

Yeah, I felt like Sunset being an alicorn in this scenario would be pushing it, for that and the reasons I already mentioned as well. In the scenario of her ever appearing the show with the events of EG, though, I feel like her being an alicorn could actually work for the ways she changed.

Another important thing to consider, I think....what would her role be in the Crystal Empire? Twilight's role would be the same, but Sunset is Celestia's Student too in this scenario. There has to be something else considerable in store for her, even if it's not the same role that was waiting for Twilight to discover.

I also wonder how Discord would affect her.
And she'd probably just tell everyone instead of making cringe-worthy shenanigans. :lol:

I dunno, she's changed, but if character development was the only thing that mattered to become an alicorn, Discord would be one too :troll:

What was her role again? I forgot and I'm too lazy to re-watch it? :lol:

Discorded Sunset would be a bully. Simple as that,

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And she'd probably just tell everyone instead of making cringe-worthy shenanigans. :lol:

I dunno, she's changed, but if character development was the only thing that mattered to become an alicorn, Discord would be one too :troll:

What was her role again? I forgot and I'm too lazy to re-watch it? :lol:

Discorded Sunset would be a bully. Simple as that,

This is the same scenario in which she would be an Element too. I'm not saying it's perfect justification for it, but it would make more sense.

Twilight was given a test by Celestia which was that only her could be the one to save the empire. In the end it ended up having a much deeper meaning than she suspected that she had to carry out of it, however, and to her surprise and joy she successfully passed it.

Hmm, even all things considered in her Confidence, Sunset would have some moments in episodes of her own, perhaps. Moments where someone else would have to figure a way out to solve conflict or an issue, experiencing and dealing with her own issues, the like. It wouldn't be right or as enjoyable if she never had to look to her friends either for help, either towards herself or helping each other out to defeat a bigger problem. She wouldn't just appear in existing episodes, but she'd likely have some episodes of her own to focus on these issues, and in turn might get Twilight some different, new episodes focused on problems she has to deal with. Like you said a good example for Sunset, would be jealously of Twilight becoming a princess.

I can't imagine her role in the S5 premiere would be very different from any of the others, she'd be just as unsettled and suspicious as everyone else except for Fluttershy and would probably end up losing her mark just like the rest, leaving her trapped and weak with them just the same.

Oh, one finale that isn't quite deep like the rest. What kind of troubles would she have to go through in the "Best" Night Ever? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom