• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Also A10 do you know 3 mega Pokemon that can easily beat fairy type Pokemon? :lol:
As in Fairy types in general?
Mega Mawile
Mega Metagross
Mega Scizor
These Megas might not be able to defeat all Fairy types (I don't think any single Pokemon can answer to all members of a certain type), but I think that they would be good choices.
As weird as it may sound, Mega Garchomp might even be a good choice. Sand Force + Earthquake/Iron Head is really powerful. It can easily overpower many Fairy-types in one hit (and since Fairy types are usually slow, the speed reduction Garchomp gets can be considered negligible in this regard). Of course you wouldn't have to worry about this one if you've already set up since if Mega Garchomp can't OHKO a Fairy, its fate is almost certainly sealed.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

As in Fairy types in general?
Mega Mawile
Mega Metagross
Mega Scizor
These Megas might not be able to defeat all Fairy types (I don't think any single Pokemon can answer to all members of a certain type), but I think that they would be good choices.
As weird as it may sound, Mega Garchomp might even be a good choice. Sand Force + Earthquake/Iron Head is really powerful. It can easily overpower many Fairy-types in one hit (and since Fairy types are usually slow, the speed reduction Garchomp gets can be considered negligible in this regard). Of course you wouldn't have to worry about this one if you've already set up since if Mega Garchomp can't OHKO a Fairy, its fate is almost certainly sealed.
Actually you got 2 out of 3 mega Pokemon correct :p
Mega mawile, and Megagross. Mega scizor isn't that much of a threat since fairy type Pokemon do have access to fire type moves. Mega mawile doesn't need atk evs it just needs Hp and sp def to increase its survivability because huge power increases it's atk it can two hit togekiss with careful nature and 0 atk evs. metagross is bulky and has access to bullet punch And with tough claws it can practically kill every fairy type with relative ease. the third Pokemon is actually Beedrill :p azumarill with aqua jet aside Beedrill would only be able to be countered by thunder wave or a scarfed gardevoir. Azu and slurrpuff can't set up with belly drum the majority of all fairies have low defense so poison Jab can kill with one hit before they can move. Beedrill can run Drill Run for Klefki (mawile is also in Ubers). In short that speed And high attack with Adaptability can make quick work of fairies if beedrill is not paralyzed

.......I'm sorry, Sunset.....can't resist......anymore.......

*grabs a Shimmer plush and uses it as a chew toy*
:hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

*Casts magic to levitate Uni in the air* Don't chew on a plush of me :hulk:

Also for Garchomp not really..there's still azu with ice punch :p

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Actually you got 2 out of 3 mega Pokemon correct :p
Mega mawile, and Megagross. Mega scizor isn't that much of a threat since fairy type Pokemon do have access to fire type moves. Mega mawile doesn't need atk evs it just needs Hp and sp def to increase its survivability because huge power increases it's atk it can two hit togekiss with careful nature and 0 atk evs. metagross is bulky and has access to bullet punch And with tough claws it can practically kill every fairy type with relative ease. the third Pokemon is actually Beedrill :p azumarill with aqua jet aside Beedrill would only be able to be countered by thunder wave or a scarfed gardevoir. Azu and slurrpuff can't set up with belly drum the majority of all fairies have low defense so poison Jab can kill with one hit before they can move. Beedrill can run Drill Run for Klefki (mawile is also in Ubers). In short that speed And high attack with Adaptability can make quick work of fairies if beedrill is not paralyzed
Is it bad that I forgot that Mega Beedrill existed? :lol:

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Now that I think about it, doesn't Mega Beedrill have Adaptability as an ability? If so, that would explain why it's a good anti-Fairy Pokemon.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Now that I think about it, doesn't Mega Beedrill have Adaptability as an ability? If so, that would explain why it's a good anti-Fairy Pokemon.
I already posted the answer in the Wall of text :p
*shakes his head to both say no and play with it*
magically levitates a feather and tickles uni in the stomach

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

Mega Beedrill also has one of the fastest base speeds in the game. However, once Trick Room is up Mega Beedrill is in lots of trouble. :\ I loved it when Gunk Shot Greninja was not as well-known and I would surprise a lot of people OHKO their Sylveons.

Sleep well, Fox n' clogs

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I already posted the answer in the Wall of text :p
:facepalm:

Mega Beedrill also has one of the fastest base speeds in the game. However, once Trick Room is up Mega Beedrill is in lots of trouble. :\
Trick Room crushes dreams. This is a fact. ;-;
I loved it when Gunk Shot Greninja was not as well-known and I would surprise a lot of people OHKO their Sylveons
I remember that. I think I stopped playing around that time. Isn't Gunk Shot the reason why Greninja got banned to ubers?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

I remember that. I think I stopped playing around that time. Isn't Gunk Shot the reason why Greninja got banned to ubers?
And low kick lol chansey and fairy types were it's only problems but with those two moves it was deemed "Broken"

*falls*

Ow! You could've gave me a softer landing, y'know....

I think one of my legs broke....
You were only a foot away from the floor when I let go..

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

It wasn't just because of Gunk Shot but yeah. Greninja has great speed, Protean ability gives its moves stab every time and it has a large movepool.

Greninja is still useable in VGC at least but you don't see them as much. I like using Greninja though. :4greninja:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I honestly never saw Greninja as much of a problem though. When I played against those sets before it was banned, I didn't have much trouble with it. :drshrug:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
......really?

Well, it still hurts.....

You probably weren't prepared for the fall..
I honestly never saw Greninja as much of a problem though. When I played against those sets before it was banned, I didn't have much trouble with it. :drshrug:
well that's Smogon for you.. technically Greninja is only banned because of Protean causing the issues but Torrent Greninja Also gets the ban because it's too complicated for Smogon.. same with blaze blaziken...

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
well that's Smogon for you.. technically Greninja is only banned because of Protean causing the issues but Torrent Greninja Also gets the ban because it's too complicated for Smogon.. same with blaze blaziken...
I agree. Also, I don't know if you can answer this, but how are the OU banned Pokemon faring in Ubers? Like, do they even get much usage in that tier?

Last edited:
Top Bottom