• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Journeys Fans

Source:
【楽天市場】キャラクターポリうちわNO.4053「ポケットモンスター」3本セット約34.5cm×24.3cm【新日本カレンダー】:オフィス ユー (rakuten.co.jp)

With Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl coming out later this year, perhaps Cinderace could coincide with the release of these games?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokemon Journeys Fans

Source:
【楽天市場】キャラクターポリうちわNO.4053「ポケットモンスター」3本セット約34.5cm×24.3cm【新日本カレンダー】:オフィス ユー (rakuten.co.jp)

With Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl coming out later this year, perhaps Cinderace could coincide with the release of these games?
Well if we see Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, and Shaymin again, this is gonna be real interesting.

AtlasX

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Journeys Fans

Source:

Cinderace is the only Gen 8 Pokemon on the 2nd fan, hmmm 👀

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So how are you guys feeling about a potential Pokemon fighter revealed in a Pokemon Presents showing or at E3?
From what I’ve seen most people seem to believe that the next DLC will be third-party, but personally I would love to see a Pokemon like Cinderace show up at E3 to defy everyone’s expectations.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So how are you guys feeling about a potential Pokemon fighter revealed in a Pokemon Presents showing or at E3?
It's a tad likelier than most think. I do believe it's more likely if they decide to show off the last 2 characters at e3 & start with the pokemon.

Otherwise it's near 100% going to be a 3rd party.

From what I’ve seen most people seem to believe that the next DLC will be third-party, but personally I would love to see a Pokemon like Cinderace show up at E3 to defy everyone’s expectations.
I can already picture the massive salt to follow.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Kazuya looks fun to learn (he comes out tomorrow)

The Mii costumes we got are
Lloyd Irving
Dovahkiin (Dragonborn)
Dante
Shantae

Once again my condolences to the people who wanted these characters to be playable.

Hopefully Cinderace is the last character (or Sakurai makes a surprise announcement for Fighter’s Pass 3 / a bonus character(s).)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yo

How have I not been here yet

Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , y'all know what to do
Sorry it took a bit to respond, I somehow lost notifications for my own thread. Anywho, I added you to the support thread, as well as Guh-Huzzah as he's shown support elsewhere. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if there was a character to put money on for the upcoming direct, my money would be on Cinderace.

Wouldn't be my personal pick but there's a lot going for it I feel. I'd prefer a Pokémon Trainer kind of arrangement with the Galar Pokemon but there's a lotta creative stuff that can be done with a footballer Pokémon. And it'd save a bundle on licencing Izuma 11 to boot.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It's Sora

Congrats to the fans of Kingdom Hearts

I am blown away that Nintendo was able to collaborate with Disney to make this crossover happen.

Truth be told I'm a bit sad that we didn't get Cinderace in the end, but nevertheless it's been fun a ride you guys

Thanks and thank you Sakurai

End of the road for Cinderace (and I don't expect anything for Gen 8 outside of more spirits/trophies/etc., more Pokéball Pokémon, and maybe a stage for future Smash games). Cinderace was my favorite out of all Gen 8 Pokémon and I'm glad that it has gotten tons of special treatment from the Pokémon Company (and will probably continue to get special treatment until gen 9 comes out) but honestly I really wished we would have gotten something for Smash beyond just spirits.

Storytime
I started supporting for Cinderace right around the time that Sword and Shield came out. Despite the game's controversies and people's complaints in regards to the Pokémon designs I liked the game regardless. Out of the 3 starters, Cinderace stood out to me both as a cool Pokémon and TPC's obvious pick for Smash. However other people didn't see it that way, as they'd rather have other gen 8 Pokémon like Rillaboom, Toxtricity, Urshifu (after the DLC), etc. and would for the most part argued against Cinderace's possible inclusion because it was just another Fire Starter. I felt that this was an unfair argument to make, so I decided to go online to try and change people's minds.

Eventually I found my way to this thread. IIRC people were barely talking about Cinderace at the time but I tried to chip in every now and then to make sure that Cinderace wouldn't be overlooked when it came time for people to discuss possible DLC characters. As of writing this the Cinderace board is the 2nd most viewed Gen 8 Pokémon character thread and the 4th most viewed Pokémon character thread (at 44K views). I'm glad that I was able to help this thread grow to the size it is today, it was fun researching and thinking up movesets, gimmicks, and other ideas for Cinderace (some of which haven't been posted on this board yet and if people want to see them let me know), but of course all good things must come to an end.

I'm happy for other people who got their most wanted (as DLC, mii costumes, etc.) and I wish the best of luck to the people who are still waiting and hoping for their most wanted characters to eventually join Smash. I'm grateful to Sakurai and his coworkers for all of their hard work. Here's hoping that the future of Smash will continue to shine bright! (Who knows? Maybe I'll try my luck again in Smash 6 when gen 9 or 10 rolls out, but for now I'm done with Smash speculation...and instead I will be having fun speculating for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl! (in the Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - Available Today! | Smashboards))

Last edited:
Top Bottom