• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For anyone wondering, I intentionally made this as SPOILER FREE as possible while I talk about the anime and the franchise moving forward. The only thing I think I mention that is a direct spoiler is a Pokemon that someone has I'm sure everyone on this thread already knows about.

I recently started getting up to date with the Sword/Shield anime and am now on track with the story.
Cinderace's character has been really fun to watch and I'm curious to see where they take it especially after recent episodes.

In fact, I've been incredibly impressed with this series overall and all of its characters! Previously I had only watched the first episode which had to do with Pikachu and was kinda disappointed with it so after that I hadn't seen more till now.
However, I'm now at the point where I'm convinced this is the best series/season ever made for the Pokemon anime! It has the hilarity of Sun/Moon, the gripping narrative and battles of XYZ, and actually has a ton of continuity to the rest of the series!

After watching these episodes though I have a feeling that gen 9 is gonna be a game changer, perhaps taking the franchise and series in a very different direction than before. Similar to what happened with the introduction of X&Y. Part of me wonders if we'll even still see Ash in the main anime series continuation. I suspect not though partly because of the aforementioned points and the fact they've been making those new movies using a re-imagining of the character which I'm guessing WILL continue.
I'm still waiting for when the episodes release over here lol.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai just posted this about his work situation as a result of the virus.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1247391877734645760

Translation (credit to PushDustin):
Sakurai: "I am now working remotely. Essentially, I’m supervising the project from a distance. Ultimate is a very high-security project, which makes it difficult to take it out (and work). However, we have no choice, but to do it. Everyone, let’s do our best to get through this!!"

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1247394984166166528

At least Sakurai is self-isolating, I only hope that his health doesn't become an issue.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sakurai just posted this about his work situation as a result of the virus.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1247391877734645760

Translation (credit to PushDustin):
Sakurai: "I am now working remotely. Essentially, I’m supervising the project from a distance. Ultimate is a very high-security project, which makes it difficult to take it out (and work). However, we have no choice, but to do it. Everyone, let’s do our best to get through this!!"

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1247394984166166528

At least Sakurai is self-isolating, I only hope that his health doesn't become an issue.
Agreed. Reminder to stay safe out there.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
This should be how they reveal Cinderace: Its not too complex, Dynamax Charizard and Incineroar are going at it in the Galar Stadium. It's a tight match, but both are worn down after using Max Flare. Pikachu is legit just chilling in the crowds, not caring (Sakurai's way of acknowledging Pikachu's the king of Smash). That's when Cinderace pops in, quickly sprinting around the two, swallowing them in a vortex of flames. Closer to the end, Cinderace can G-Max and crush those two with G-Max Fireball. At the end of the trailer, Greninja can swoop down in the stadium (could be a good way of confirming him for the expansion pass), looking in confusion at Cinderace. Pikachu can jump in too

If Rillaboomer got In, I could see the K. Rool and Banjo trailer schematic play out. The gang (including Banjo) thinks they see Rillaboom, but it turns out to be Incineroar covered in leaves. That's where Rillaboom comes in and chucks his drumset at his face. Good way to encourage violence in young ones

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
This should be how they reveal Cinderace: Its not too complex, Dynamax Charizard and Incineroar are going at it in the Galar Stadium. It's a tight match, but both are worn down after using Max Flare. Pikachu is legit just chilling in the crowds, not caring (Sakurai's way of acknowledging Pikachu's the king of Smash). That's when Cinderace pops in, quickly sprinting around the two, swallowing them in a vortex of flames. Closer to the end, Cinderace can G-Max and crush those two with G-Max Fireball. At the end of the trailer, Greninja can swoop down in the stadium (could be a good way of confirming him for the expansion pass), looking in confusion at Cinderace. Pikachu can jump in too

If Rillaboomer got In, I could see the K. Rool and Banjo trailer schematic play out. The gang (including Banjo) thinks they see Rillaboom, but it turns out to be Incineroar covered in leaves. That's where Rillaboom comes in and chucks his drumset at his face. Good way to encourage violence in young ones
That last one has me laughing a lot lmao.

D

Deleted member

Gen 8 has some good options. A couple of which brake away from the whole "Starters and Legendaries" thing. Not that such a thing is really a big deal in the long run. My overall favorite is Rillaboom, but there's this one complaint I've heard about Cinderace that I hope isn't common.

That being the whole thing of "Another Fire Starter/Too similar to Incineroar". I hope that's a rare complaint about Cinderace because it's not a good one.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Gen 8 has some good options. A couple of which brake away from the whole "Starters and Legendaries" thing. Not that such a thing is really a big deal in the long run. My overall favorite is Rillaboom, but there's this one complaint I've heard about Cinderace that I hope isn't common.

That being the whole thing of "Another Fire Starter/Too similar to Incineroar". I hope that's a rare complaint about Cinderace because it's not a good one.
I've heard it a lot. Honestly, while I might be sick of fire starters, Cinderace would be another fun character. Having fun is more important right?

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, that seems to be the only argument against him. It seems as if people DO think Rillaboom would be good for Smash (look up Toxiquid on YT), but a good majority just want him in because he's Grass. Even i'd be good with Rillaboom. With Cinderace, I can't find any comment about him being a bad character in general, just the whole "we already have two Fire starters" argument. I rarely see a comment about him being similar to Incineroar, the only thing similar about them is that they both showboat. If anything, Inteleon is closer to a Greninja clone. Greninjas already one of my top characters in Smash, but how could Inteleon differentiate from Greninja and/or Joker? Seriously, I'm curious. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I've heard it a lot. Honestly, while I might be sick of fire starters, Cinderace would be another fun character. Having fun is more important right?
Exactly! Cinderace is one of my favorite Galar Pokémon to begin with, but I'm rooting for him because I think he could be all about fun. IE: Byleth had a terrible reception, but I still find him fun to play as! I don't even care about how many FE characters we have.

Also, does anyone know any good (free) computer software for making simple artwork? I know Adobe Photoshop is good, but its too expensive rn

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
If anything, Inteleon is closer to a Greninja clone. Greninjas already one of my top characters in Smash, but how could Inteleon differentiate from Greninja and/or Joker? Seriously, I'm curious. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!
I thought I already posted an Inteleon moveset on the forums but I actually likely didn't :facepalm:
Anyway, I recently fixed that before posting here but I'll post it in this forum as well sense you asked!

Here is my surmised thoughts based off the moveset and analysis of it I made;
While both would be evasive and quick-footed characters, Inteleon would lack the vertical distance Greninja has while being much better horizontally. Inteleon would also use many projectile moves and set-ups to create an opening for juggles or a finishing hit whereas Greninja is only known to have one projectile move and is more about simple kill-confirms.
The way I imagine Inteleon, they would most comparable to a combination of Shiek and Mii-Gunner with heavy influence from Greninja.
Basically, Inteleon would 'have trouble killing' unlike Greninja but would also be much more combo focused with the further integration of many projectile moves, getting many KO's from trapping opponents trying to recover back from offstage.
All of these things I think would make Inteleon feel very different to play as.

If you want to get more of an idea why I think this based off a moveset then here you go!
* Attacks

Neutral Attack; Water-Gun; Inteleon shoots a short to medium reaching water projectile which has low knock-back, is good for disruption, and does 5%. Some start-up lag but hardly any end-lag.

Dash attack; Liquidation; Inteleon surrounds themselves with water as they spin forward a small distance in a spear shape and can fire several manual short reaching shots before the attack ends with Inteleon having a hand and both knees to the ground to break the fall. Noticeable end-lag. The projectiles mostly just flinch the opponent while doing a low amount of damage per shot. Without mashing for multiple shots the move can do 8% total on its own but can do 16% if the entire move and all shots are fired and land. The final hit from Inteleon's small swirling hitbox is what has the higher knock-back, sending the opponent at an angle a medium distance. The move has a lot of horizontal range given Inteleon's length and the added projectiles. (similar to Corrin Dash-Attack)

Up tilt; Pound; Throws fist up in-front in the air, doing a low amount of damage per hit but combo'ing at low percents. (like MiiBrawler Utilt)

Side tilt; Tail-Whip; Inteleon cracks tail like a whip in front of them with good range to discourage any attacks. Comes out fast but has noticeable end-lag. Sends at an angle. Does 10%.

Down tilt; Tail-Sweep; Quickly sweeps tail in front on the ground. Has low base knock-back and damage. (like Mewtwo Dtilt)

Up air; Raining-Bulletstorm; Upon mashing, Inteleon shoots several water projectiles with low damage and knock-back that stall the opponent's momentum in the air. Can do upwards of 16%. Good for getting safe chip damage.

Dair; Dive; Inteleon stops midair for a short moment, straitening its membrane, then rapidly dives down in front at an angle. Can spike at the beginning of the move. When used to dive offstage, can be cancelled just in time to use a jump and the recovery to get back in many situations. Noticeable end-lag. (like Sonic Dair with Incineroar dive-animation from Uspecial)

Fair; Water-Pulse; Inteleon fires a quick shot in front through the air as small rings of water pulse as aftershocks from the shot's path. The force of the shot move Inteleon backward somewhat. Can KO if opponent is just offscreen right next to the blastzone. (like MiiGunner Fair)

Bair; Aqua-Tail; Inteleon whips their tail two times with the second hit having decent knock-back. The move comes out quickly and the first hit can be combo'ed into other moves if landing on the ground before the second hit. Can KO around 125% offstage. Does 5% per hit for 10% total if both hits land.

Nair; Acrobatics; Inteleon curls and spins as a sphere for a second. Has low knock-back but good frame-data, making it a reliable go-to move. Does 8%

Side smash; U-turn; Inteleon jumps at the target feet-first and will bounce off them or their shield back a medium distance to safety. High end-lag, which leaves Inteleon highly punishable if the attack is missed but is quite safe if landing on the opponent. Very low overall knock-back for a smash attack.

Down smash; Splash-Shot; Fires a shot to the ground directly in front of Inteleon which creates a small splash animation. Uncharged, KOs around 100% at ledge and can two-frame but otherwise KOs around 140% if at the center of the stage. Overall laggy. (like Mewtwo Dsmash)

Up smash; Breaking-Swipe; Swipes tail in an upward arc. Very low knock-back growth but decent base knock-back, only KO'ing by around 150% uncharged. However, the move is overall pretty fast, with frame-data akin to a tilt attack.

Neutral special; Soak(Bubble-Bomb); Inteleon creates a bubble of water in their hand then tosses it in a set forward arc a medium distance. When it falls on the ground it sticks and if left alone stays until 30 seconds until it pops. If the opponent touches or walks over it the bubble will explode with low knock-back and damage but will weigh down the opponent and their overall movement for a full second as they are soaking wet with water rapidly dripping down from them, opening them up for a follow-up attack. Can only have one out at a time. Can be thrown offstage to edgeguard with, which is very effective at disrupting some recoveries. Can pair well with Snipe Shot if you anticipate an opponent activating your trap beforehand.

Side special; Focus-Energy/Snipe-Shot; Holding on makes Inteleon hold out their hand-gun as a white ring slowly shrinks towards Inteleon's head (like WFT) and the closer it gets the progressively more damaging, speedy, and accurate Inteleon's shot will be. After a full 3 seconds it will stop shrinking and will be a small circle just around Inteleon's head, meaning when fired it will be completely accurate to where you directed it while traveling at an incredible speed with great knockback. Can only be fired within an arc in front of Inteleon which can be directing either by holding up or down or for slightly faster aiming speed, on the side. When fully charged it also doesn't count as a projectile and will have a slow zoom impact affect if it lands. Can't be cancelled through pressing the shield button, making it a heavily committal option paired with its significant end-lag and start-up. A little arrow shows up right next to Inteleon's hand showing where your pointing.

Down special; Sucker-Punch; Inteleon prepares for an attack, using its membrane to cue the pokemon in on incoming attacks and Inteleon quickly strikes back at an opponent with Sucker Punch when catching them pressing an attack button. Inteleon's punch has great priority despite Inteleon not being completely invulnerable during the counter-attack. Moves in a straight line at great speed towards the target when the counter-attack is activated. Also activates from incoming projectiles but isn't always the best option for that scenario. Has set low base knock-back and damage. Its best to think of the move as counter for setting-up combo starters, not for raw KOs, as the move isn't generally going to take the opponent out. For example, depending on percents, there are niche situations that can happen offstage where you'll be near enough the opponent to follow-up with something like and Up-Special to further gimp the opponent. Though, to pull off all the tech with this move requires great knowledge of percents and matchups. Slightly less start-up than other counters but also slightly less active time comparatively. End-lag is scaled back accordingly. (similar to Byleth neutral-special)

Up special; Hydro-Pump/Glide; Shoots water directly below, giving good vertical distance, which does a little damage to anyone below and pushes them. Then for half a second, before going into free-fall, up-special can be pressed again and held to activate the glide part of the move in which you can also pick the single direction Inteleon moves in as the pokemon slowly drifts down. Otherwise, you'll just go in the direction Inteleon is facing. The glide only lasts 3 full seconds max and you can let go of the button to cancel it but either way Inteleon will enter free-fall when the move ends unless you hit a wall, in which case Inteleon will automatically cling to it in order for you to wall-jump.

Forward throw; Gun-Down; Throws the opponent forward with tail then fires a water shot at the opponent. KOs around 140% at ledge.
Back throw; Trick-Shot; Throws the opponent backward with tail then moves hand behind, firing a water shot at opponent. KOs around 145% at ledge.
Up throw; Blindside; Throws the opponent upward with tail then fires a water shot in the air at the opponent. KOs around 150%
Down throw; Slam; Inteleon slams the opponent to the ground with its unfurling tail, setting up for a tech situation at lower percents.
Grabs; Decent range.
Pummel; Bind;

Final Smash; Gigantamax-Snipe-Shot; Turns into Gigantamax form, creating a tower in the spot you activated the FS. From this high point you can quickly aim anywhere with two available quick piercing shots which insta-KO if they land. If activated high above the stage the tower will fall till it lands and if offstage you'll eventually die if the top part goes beyond the blastzone.

* Movement
Jumps
; Short.
Rolls; Far and fast.
Dodges; Fast
Groundspeed; Fast.
Airspeed; Slowish fall speed but very quick fast-fall speed and low aerial momentum.
Weight; Very Light

* Animations/Functionality
Match-Start Animation
; Comes out of invisibility while holding up 'handgun' then shifts to a crouching aiming pose.
Up taunt; Lifts finger-gun to their head which has small bubbles floating up from which Inteleon then blows out, popping them.
Side taunt; Takes up a stance with hands looking like they are about to grab something as Inteleon's membranes flare up and menacingly wave/shake.
Down taunt; Tearful-Look; Starts to shed a tear and wipes it, revealing a sly smile.
Crouch; Bends knees and can crawl low across the ground slowly.

* Analysis
Synopsis
;
An evasive and quick-footed character that relies on many projectile moves and set-ups to create an opening for juggles or a finishing hit. Though the character can be slippery on the ground its mostly just horizontal movement and lacks vertical distance which helps somewhat with predicting the character's movement, though still very tough. Most of Inteleon's throws do higher than average damage for throws if the second part hits and can KO at very high percent but can all be DI'd slightly to nearly avoid the following water shot so if possible its good to mix-up the opponent on what throw your gonna use as they all require different DI. Though, some large hitbox opponents can tend to not be able to avoid these second hit throws.
Difficulty of use; Hard
Like Shiek, Inteleon lacks KO power, damage, is very light, but is very evasive, usually getting the KO offstage. Similarly, many of Inteleon's attacks also lack knock-back, lending itself to combo strings, juggles, or relying on ranged chip damage. This requires great patience, precision, creativity, and planning to pull off effectively without also losing your stock quickly. Inteleon is somewhat unconventional which extends to their movement, being quite demanding in timing and reaction, overall being hard to handle. This unconventionality includes the neutral attack which is a simple projectile of water as oppose to a melee jab. Inteleon also has several technically demanding moves in order to master the character because of all the possible applications and combo'ing into other attacks. Some of these moves include Water Pulse, Raining Bulletstorm, Bubble-Bomb, and Sucker Punch.
Fighter Classification; Zoner/Juggler

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yeah, that seems to be the only argument against him. It seems as if people DO think Rillaboom would be good for Smash (look up Toxiquid on YT), but a good majority just want him in because he's Grass. Even i'd be good with Rillaboom. With Cinderace, I can't find any comment about him being a bad character in general, just the whole "we already have two Fire starters" argument. I rarely see a comment about him being similar to Incineroar, the only thing similar about them is that they both showboat. If anything, Inteleon is closer to a Greninja clone. Greninjas already one of my top characters in Smash, but how could Inteleon differentiate from Greninja and/or Joker? Seriously, I'm curious. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Exactly! Cinderace is one of my favorite Galar Pokémon to begin with, but I'm rooting for him because I think he could be all about fun. IE: Byleth had a terrible reception, but I still find him fun to play as! I don't even care about how many FE characters we have.

Also, does anyone know any good (free) computer software for making simple artwork? I know Adobe Photoshop is good, but its too expensive rn
Intellon has a spy theme while greninja is a ninja. Two different things. Just go full Jame Bond lol.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I don't completely understand how people think Urshifu might make it. You never know of course, but I don't think they would add in Urshifu because of Calyrex, the same reason Zacian wouldn't be added because of Zamazenta (even though Zacian is cool and Zamazenta is in no way close to that)

If we got a legendary or mythical, what if we got Zarude? That would make for a unique pick too

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Urshifu doesn't make sense to me either.. Sure, its being promoted a lot to push the DLC but it just seems too basic of an addition to smash and having 2 separate forms further complicates this.

Of course, if Nintendo/Game-Freak is dead set on adding the Pokemon then Sakurai will make it work..

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Urshifu doesn't make sense to me either.. Sure, its being promoted a lot to push the DLC but it just seems too basic of an addition to smash and having 2 separate forms further complicates this.

Of course, if Nintendo/Game-Freak is dead set on adding the Pokemon then Sakurai will make it work..

But Gamefreaks usually the company thats dead set on picking the starter who gets the most attention. I like Urshifu, but like Toxtricity, I don't think it will work.

About halfway done with Galar Trainer moveset. I'm currently set on Grookey, Drizzile and Cinderace for the sake of uniqueness. Sobble, Thwackey and Cinderace makes the most sense to rival the typings of Kantonian trainer, but because of my brilliance, Galar Trainer is already 11/10 regardless

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
But Gamefreaks usually the company thats dead set on picking the starter who gets the most attention. I like Urshifu, but like Toxtricity, I don't think it will work.

About halfway done with Galar Trainer moveset. I'm currently set on Grookey, Drizzile and Cinderace for the sake of uniqueness. Sobble, Thwackey and Cinderace makes the most sense to rival the typings of Kantonian trainer, but because of my brilliance, Galar Trainer is already 11/10 regardless
Breaking News! 10 Year old child becomes ruler of the region because of their green curious george, depressed teenage lizard, and soccer kicking rabbit!

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Breaking News! 10 Year old child becomes ruler of the region because of their green curious george, depressed teenage lizard, and soccer kicking rabbit!
Exactly, Cinderace can get his legs ripped off, Grookey can watch, and Drizzile will be doing off-stage shenanigans (suicide).

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Dang, I think we DO have more views/interest in Cinderace than Rillaboom or Toxtricity

Correct me if I'm wrong, ill wait
Thanks to everyone here, this thread has 180 replies and 6,699 views (at the time of typing this)

Rillabom has 57 replies and 5,705 views

Toxtricity has 55 replies and 5,679 views

Well, I think Cinderace is arguably the most popular as far as 8th gen starters go.
Using the "Pokemon of the Year" results, Cinderace is in fact the most popular of the 8th gen starters by a significant margin.

https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/galar/
https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Thanks to everyone here, this thread has 180 replies and 6,699 views (at the time of typing this)

Using the "Pokemon of the Year" results, Cinderace is in fact the most popular of the 8th gen starters by a significant margin.

I'm honestly surprised this thread blew up like this. I knew Cinderace was popular, but not this popular. Anyways, let's continue racking up support!

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman

I know Cinderace wasn't as popular as Toxtricity and Dragapult on the listing, but I wonder if that has changed as well. Cinderace might literally be living the Greninja story, as Greninja wasn't highly liked at first but slowly became popular. Was there any other Pokemon with a higher amount of replies?

I'm honestly surprised this thread blew up like this. I knew Cinderace was popular, but not this popular. Anyways, let's continue racking up support!
Exactly, let's do so, im hopefully close to done with the pokemon trainer moveset, I've just taken a break by playing actual Smash lol.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I know Cinderace wasn't as popular as Toxtricity and Dragapult on the listing, but I wonder if that has changed as well. Cinderace might literally be living the Greninja story, as Greninja wasn't highly liked at first but slowly became popular. Was there any other Pokemon with a higher amount of replies?
If we're just talking about the Gen 8 Pokemon boards, so far only the Zacian and Zamazenta board has more replies (1,084) and views (43,002). (There's also a Meowth board but I don't know if those guys want to adopt Galarian Meowth/Perrserker.)

The Cinderace board is pretty much the 2nd biggest Gen 8 board on the site right now, but in addition to Rillaboom and Toxtricity, the other boards that I'd say are worth keeping an eye on are the Sirfetch’d board (which currently has 139 replies and 5,896 views) and the Inteleon board after
Ash catches a Sobble

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If we're just talking about the Gen 8 Pokemon boards, so far only the Zacian and Zamazenta board has more replies (1,084) and views (43,002). (There's also a Meowth board but I don't know if those guys want to adopt Galarian Meowth/Perrserker.)

The Cinderace board is pretty much the 2nd biggest Gen 8 board on the site right now, but in addition to Rillaboom and Toxtricity, the other boards that I'd say are worth keeping an eye on are the Sirfetch’d board (which currently has 139 replies and 5,896 views) and the Inteleon board after
Ash catches a Sobble
I'm expecting Inteleon to catch up, whike Sirfetch'd is sorta dead. No chat comes from there.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting Inteleon to catch up, whike Sirfetch'd is sorta dead. No chat comes from there.
Well I'm not expecting much, but there's a chance that the Sirfetch'd board will see some activity once Sirfetch'd appears in the Anime.

It has been hinted by merch leaks and the Anime that Sirfetch'd could show up soon. Go recently caught a Farfetch'd as well, so they could be planning to set up a confrontation between Galar form and original form.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Anything else Ash catches this season won't matter too much; once Go's Raboot evolves I'm positive it'll be the one who gets the most attention (or at the very least the best battles), further promoting the soccer bunny and securing it a spot in the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Anything else Ash catches this season won't matter too much; once Go's Raboot evolves I'm positive it'll be the one who gets the most attention (or at the very least the best battles), further promoting the soccer bunny and securing it a spot in the Fighter's Pass.
Well Ash is catching a lot of pokemon in a far shorter span. Before it was once or twice a season, now it's a lot more than that.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I even theorize that Go's Cinderace (given that it has Greninja properties) will have the Battle Bond ability. Scorbunny was stubborn in choosing its trainer (like Froakie) and is unusually strong with kicking moves.

That would be a great way to shift the anime, as Raboot seems more interested in battling than filling the dex with Go. This would be a perfect way for Ash-Greninja to return and play some role in helping Go and (soon to be) Cinderace in controlling its powers. Then of course, Go climbs the world championships rankings last minute.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I even theorize that Go's Cinderace (given that it has Greninja properties) will have the Battle Bond ability. Scorbunny was stubborn in choosing its trainer (like Froakie) and is unusually strong with kicking moves.

That would be a great way to shift the anime, as Raboot seems more interested in battling than filling the dex with Go. This would be a perfect way for Ash-Greninja to return and play some role in helping Go and (soon to be) Cinderace in controlling its powers. Then of course, Go climbs the world championships rankings last minute.
I highly doubt that the anime would ever give two main characters the exact same goal.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt that the anime would ever give two main characters the exact same goal.
Not the exact same goal, but the same ability. I think Go will eventually get interested in battling because of Raboot's interest. Its just a theory, probably way too early for anything like that to happen anyways.

Then again, tomorrow's episode is titled "Farewell Raboot," one of the episodes I've been waiting for a while like when Ash caught Riolu. Maybe something noteworthy will happen

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not the exact same goal, but the same ability. I think Go will eventually get interested in battling because of Raboot's interest. Its just a theory, probably way too early for anything like that to happen anyways.

Then again, tomorrow's episode is titled "Farewell Raboot," one of the episodes I've been waiting for a while like when Ash caught Riolu. Maybe something noteworthy will happen
Gou might do something different like the Galar Gyms.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I swear if raboot leaves...

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching the Japanese (english subtitled) episodes on youtube. Its a bit hit or miss as to the quality but if you do enough digging you should find a bearably watchable episode.

Pretty sure Gou will continue to have his rabbit, even if its momentarily gone, but I doubt he'll have an 'ash-greninja' form to it as that does not fit with the character like it would for Ash. It would be no surprise though if he eventually manages to gigantamax it though which I still have my doubts about.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Where can I watch it? The new stuff hasn't started airing on TV where I live
The episode comes out early, but if you wait a few hours (12 at the most), then you should be able to find high quality episodes with subtitles on kickassanime or kissanime, those are what I use.

I've been watching the Japanese (english subtitled) episodes on youtube. Its a bit hit or miss as to the quality but if you do enough digging you should find a bearably watchable episode.

Pretty sure Gou will continue to have his rabbit, even if its momentarily gone, but I doubt he'll have an 'ash-greninja' form to it as that does not fit with the character like it would for Ash. It would be no surprise though if he eventually manages to gigantamax it though which I still have my doubts about.
Well just see, but I'd be open to anything at this rate

Last edited:
Top Bottom