• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

BarDulL

Town Vampire
An Indy that can singlehandedly end the game by N3 simply based on finding someone when Indy Nu already found Ragna?

I know Nabe and I pulled the wool over Town's eyes in Golden Sun, but we won by D6. D3 is seriously pushing it, Kappa.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yo i googled this game n damn i gotta say there are some badass females in this game

YO REAL TALK RESPOND

LIKE DIS POST IF YU ROLLED A FINEASS ***** LADIES ONLY I DONT ROLL LIKE ROCKIN IN DIS THANG!!
As a side note, I'm surprised people are trying to push our lynch based on asking for people's flavors when this post happened at the start of the game. Ring any bells?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
He's just a womanizer, can't hate on that

Kantrip

Kantplay
An Indy that can singlehandedly end the game by N3 simply based on finding someone when Indy Nu already found Ragna?

I know Nabe and I pulled the wool over Town's eyes in Golden Sun, but we won by D6. D3 is seriously pushing it, Kappa.
Needing 8 specific players to die based on flavour (so you don't even know which players they are) that include both town and mafia does not sound like a trivially easy win-con for an independent. Couple that with the fact that the indy begins play separated and needs to join up before that win-con is even known to them, and give them an ability that prevents them from being Night Killed while letting them choose who dies if they do get shot at, and you have a pretty balanced and interesting indy role if you ask me.

Marshy, you say yourself you think this slot is indy. They are IMMUNE to Night Kills, meaning we HAVE to lynch them at some point. It is not pro-town to delay this lynch.

Raz, Rake, soup, Glyph, and whomever else needs to be dealt with can be dealt with toMorrow. We have a pinned indy trying to dig their heels in and fish for information and I do not feel comfortable letting an indy live.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nabe began the game as an indy with the goal to find his partner. His ability let him search for said partner.
Bardull began the game with knowledge of a list of players who are "out to get him" and the ability to stop people's abilities from working on him.
Once the indy found his partner, the two combined into one slot and gained the ability to redirect Night Kills off of them onto a target of their choice. They were tracked at the body last Night.

Anyone feel free to tell me that doesn't sound like an indy.

Role speculation not doing it for you? Look again at their play and tell me what they are doing for town. The flavour fishing is asinine, their Orbo shot was dubious at best, and conveniently concealing their "unlocked ability" until the Tracker sees them at the body and they are forced to own up certainly doesn't help their case. Both of them have been pushing this agenda of getting everybody to nameclaim in lieu of actual scumhunting. I can't fathom any town slot thinking a blurb of flavour text in their role PM will help them pin the scumteam if only they can get everyone to claim their role flavour. Especially when the MOD said explicitly that this wouldn't work.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Needing 8 specific players to die based on flavour (so you don't even know which players they are) that include both town and mafia does not sound like a trivially easy win-con for an independent. Couple that with the fact that the indy begins play separated and needs to join up before that win-con is even known to them, and give them an ability that prevents them from being Night Killed while letting them choose who dies if they do get shot at, and you have a pretty balanced and interesting indy role if you ask me.

Marshy, you say yourself you think this slot is indy. They are IMMUNE to Night Kills, meaning we HAVE to lynch them at some point. It is not pro-town to delay this lynch.

Raz, Rake, soup, Glyph, and whomever else needs to be dealt with can be dealt with toMorrow. We have a pinned indy trying to dig their heels in and fish for information and I do not feel comfortable letting an indy live.
woah woah whoah wasnt i just like atown read of yours man make up yo mind

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

feel like **** today so i dont have much to say, nabdull push is good, i'll do extra stuff tomorrow to make up but tonight my stomach aint cut out for it

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Or he could have been looking for my slot at game start; no offense, but I grow bored with your favoritism.
And your desperation to move pressure off of yourself is equally tiring. To be fair I'm not joking with that last comment, and that post he made hasn't gone unnoticed nor shall it be forgotten.

Since we're clearly not making any progress at the moment, you two need to elaborate on what exactly is going down. We've seen several claims already and you're going to have to accept that not everyone's going to claim in this timeframe AND that you're the lynch today. You can either continue dragging your feet and threatening doomsday or you can pick it up and actually help us out.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I don't think nabe/bardull are indy. Lynch from rake/glyph/Joey toDay imo.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Nabe began the game as an indy with the goal to find his partner. His ability let him search for said partner.
Bardull began the game with knowledge of a list of players who are "out to get him" and the ability to stop people's abilities from working on him.
Once the indy found his partner, the two combined into one slot and gained the ability to redirect Night Kills off of them onto a target of their choice. They were tracked at the body last Night.

Anyone feel free to tell me that doesn't sound like an indy.

Role speculation not doing it for you? Look again at their play and tell me what they are doing for town. The flavour fishing is asinine, their Orbo shot was dubious at best, and conveniently concealing their "unlocked ability" until the Tracker sees them at the body and they are forced to own up certainly doesn't help their case. Both of them have been pushing this agenda of getting everybody to nameclaim in lieu of actual scumhunting. I can't fathom any town slot thinking a blurb of flavour text in their role PM will help them pin the scumteam if only they can get everyone to claim their role flavour. Especially when the MOD said explicitly that this wouldn't work.
:thumbsdown:

yu are really **** posting up a storm. plz stop being scum mvp

the hardbody commences in a few hours

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I need to read.
No one is threatening doomsday. I have information that ceases to be useful when I die, and I'm about to die. That's it.

Carry on.
How could the information not be useful when you die? That's what is confusing me about all of this.

Also, hi guys! I read day 1 and have skimmed everything else, but I'm going to re-read everything fully tomorrow. (:

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
@ Dooms Dooms

im going to make this simple for yu. 1 of yu n glyph are scum. if yure town yu need to vote him n start pushing his lynch

@ BarDulL BarDulL
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

enough of the dramatics. i dont intend on yur lynch going thru 2day. make a decision between glyph n soup n get bak at me for when i put operation body soup/glyph n spare bardabe into effect 2mrw

Kantrip

Kantplay
theyre not immune to nks. if they were immune to nks theydve died last night
excuse me?

they have an ability that lets them redirect kills targeted at them, effectively making them immune to night kills, as they cannot be killed at Night

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@ Dooms Dooms

im going to make this simple for yu. 1 of yu n glyph are scum. if yure town yu need to vote him n start pushing his lynch
As someone that wanted to replace into this game just to yell at you for your horrid day 1 play, I don't feel like listening to you without reading the thread thanks.

Reading now.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
i have no oomph cuz...well...believe it or not i dont feel like strongarming lynches every damn game? thats really it. i want to play chill for once and this pace isnt engaging to me

potato looks like **** and flops his stances hardbody with the attention span of an ant. is this anything new or should i be super convinced hes scum for it? no and thats part of why im not too motivated. cuz if hes town i feel like scum is having a field day with this lynch (if not game due to the low effort from some of the innocents) and its like im playing the same game for the 50th time where this guy gets himself killed and we all have to get **** on for it. if he IS town i still see little to no reason for maven to react the way he did
Where does he do this? I see accusations like this regarding Kantrip, but I haven't really seen this in his actual play, and it's confusing since this is what people seem to be pushing him for.

I'm still reading, but I'm developing a really strong read list. This game is exciting!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
In order from towniest to scummiest

Town:
Raziek
Red Ryu
We Thuggin

Null-town:
Kantrip

Null:
Jexs

Scum:
Bardull + Nabe
Glyph/Rake

I took notes, but I'll just simplify those here:

Raziek has been by far the towniest player this whole game (when he has been here) imo. I understand that the Ryu push was bad in hindsight, but I view it as Raziek saying "this guy's play is ****ing awful why in the hell is he getting away with this" instead of saying "we need to lynch this ****** right now before Chaco can confirm". I feel even better about saying this when he said something along the lines of "Until Chaco comes back in here and confirms that you're town, your play has been grimy as **** and you could be scum if Chaco doesn't come in here". I don't see why people were riled up about Raziek specifically. He was by far the most townie out of everyone on that wagon. After he came back in during day 2, his read post was 100% solid and probably the best post in this game (close second is Marshy's 516). I do not dislike a single thing Raziek has done this game.

Ryu confirmed town. Sucks he's not doing anything with it aside from sitting on it, though. I don't recall a single thing Ryu has done this game to help town :/

We Thuggin... I had this slot pinned as 100% the scummiest slot in this game aside from Ryu pre-claim, but that changed later on. 516 was the best post in this whole game until Raziek's read post. The fact that he stepped back and realized that what he was doing was awful changed my views. His play afterwards lined up really well with that aside from comments regarding Raziek, but I definitely don't understand anyone scum reading this slot after his 516.

Kantrip is probably town. I don't understand any of the flak he was getting regarding the Ryu thing. He said he hated how Ryu was playing, didn't list Ryu in his lynch candidates, says that he understands where Raziek is coming from with his Ryu distaste but doesn't vote because he wanted to wait for Chaco, says it was dumb (not scummy) to actually put a vote on Ryu (which is something he didn't do regardless of the fact that he had distaste in Ryu's play), and then clarified in his 391 that it wasn't the most intelligent move to vote Ryu, but it wasn't scummy by any means. 391 was when I started town-reading Kantrip. I had him as scum prior to that. He was one of the few players to actually analyze the Ryu votes and get legitimate scum suspects from it instead of just labeling it as a "one of these people have to be scum!" scenario. Also, I don't understand why people are looking at Kantrip over Glyph for the executioner thing. Kantrip was pursuing other avenues while arguing why the role didn't seem townie to him. He was actively scum hunting. Look at Glyph. Look back at Kantrip. :|

I understood where he was going with his Marshy distaste up until Marshy did his 180. Kantrip's Marshy-wagon is probably the only thing I dislike about the slot. When talking about Marshy, he acted like his view change never happened and that he didn't leave the "people that wagoned Ryu are scum!" mentality when Marshy did do that. Marshy opened up and left that mentality, and Kantrip kind of just sat on it. I don't like that one bit. Outside of that, I don't understand Kantrip hate.

I don't have much on Jexs at all. I read his posts, but I guess I didn't actually process them as important things. I liked his Kantrip push at the time from Jexs perspective because he looked pretty gross prior to 391 and what Jexs was pushing him were legitimate issues with Kantrip's play. I don't like how he handled Werekill's slot, though. He didn't consider Werekill's thought process at all and just kept on saying the same thing over and over as if Mafia was black-and-white and if people did something that looks scummy in hindsight, then they're scum. I don't like that one bit.

Bardull + Nabe are probably indy. Set-up discussion aside, I don't see a single person reacting the way that Bardull did to Raziek's claim. Trying to turn a tracker claim around as if that lines up with what they were claiming in the slightest is simply mind-boggling to me, and I can't see a single town person not considering the fact that scum tracker would 100000% not track the same person they were attempting to kill. There is literally no way that Raziek is scum if Bardull + Nabe actually redirected that kill. This REALLY isn't hard to understand, and the huge over-reaction from Bardull pretty much confirmed to me that their slot isn't town.

Glyph has been horrid this game. His entrance into the game was a load of fence-sitting **** + werekill is a good lynch, he was completely reluctant to give information to the town, he has been entirely focused on game-mechanics and the set-up this entire game, he hasn't been trying to connect the roles to actual gameplay in a set up that has already proven to be ****ed up, his jump onto obvious indy is gross as hell.

"ScumRaz I don't think would be THAT opportunistic as to think a RR lynch would actually get pushed through but I'm way more down to believe a scumWerekill would." sealed the deal for Glyph scum for me way before Day 2 even started, which is where he got way worse. I don't see any legitimate towns person saying "I don't think X thought this lynch would go through, but Y totally could", and the way he actually said that is disgusting as hell.

Then he comes in on Day 2 talking about nothing but Soup's executioner ability. Not Soup's play prior in the slightest. His executioner ability and how he used it. That's it. It was disgusting considering the fact that he wasn't considering other avenues and he just sat on that vote saying things along the lines of "I can't see how a townie would use this role in the way that he did" instead of analyzing the other things Soup was saying. From the looks of it, it didn't look like he was going to change pace at all until Raziek's track claim came along, where he ONCE AGAIN focused on nothing but the roles presented in front of him and not the actual play of the slots at hand.

Rake has been grimy as hell this game. His Day 1 was literally "I think Marshy is gross" and then dipping. His Day 2 was voting Kantrip because Rake literally couldn't understand the fact that Kantrip town-read him. Rake literally said

i mean kantrip townreading me right off rubs me in ways i donmt quite feel, whenever something feels easy im liable to distrust it cause idk if kantrip was riding a gut feeling to get a reaction but that townread blindsided me and im the person he's talking about, i wanna see him back up his foot there
That is a copy-pasted quote. He legitimately justified jumping on one of the wagons with most potential not because of things that actually mattered, but because of a gut-town read on a slot that hasn't been playing legitimately at all. This is it, boys. This is real.

His conversation with Marshy was ****ing disgusting, too. "There are lots of holes you need to fill in this" to "I never said there were holes in your logic" after being accused is awful.

He hasn't posted much, but every single one of his posts that he has made so far have been nothing but ass. Look at 633 to the end of that page. Tell me what is good about it. Look at THIS

i would resist that a bit only because idk how you dont have a soldi read on me yet, like you're asking me questions and all which is cool beans but are you even really trying to read me or what ? cause it doesn't look that way on cursory glance
This guy is scum. He has tunnel vision on Kantrip with the ONLY reason he stated for a majority of Day 2 and the reasoning he tried to use to get you on the wagon was "He blindsided me with a town-rake read". He didn't actually ask about that town read until legitimately 200 posts later. All the while he doesn't even vote the guy. On top of that, he dropped the Marshy read completely starting D2 and tried to get Marshy on his good side.

I am willing to lynch anyone in my scum pool.

Vote: Glyph

Your turn, Glyph.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
"he tried to use to get you on the wagon" should read "he tried to use to get Marshy on the wagon". lmao

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
n then most of joeys thoughts aligned with mine in a twist no 1 culd predict

@ BarDulL BarDulL
@ Kantrip Kantrip
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

lets roll. me/potato/ruy shuld b running the lynches as the obvtown slots. leave bardabe for now cuz theres def scum between glyph/soup considering their d2 interaction read svt. if bardabe actually IS town were in ****ty shape n yall need to realize that mafia wuld latch onto that lynch hardbody. best plan is to kill mafia then reevaluate bardabe if game aint over by then

vote glyph

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
also some quick reasoning on why glyph v soup was svt

look bak on soups d1 n tell me it aint gross in hindsight. he was pushing gorf/potato for most of the game n i felt he overextended with the latter. the ONLY reason im not foaming at the mouth to lynch the slot is the use of his role. it gives me pause. but i realized soups good enough scum to do it anyway so its an end all b all reason to read em as town. soup either misread gorfs/potatos bad play or was scum taking advantage of it

glyph has been gone over by joey n raz n i hav no interest in beating a dead horse

then they got into an argument d2 with glyph initiating it n soup taking issue with glyph attacking his slot for role reasons. i REALLY doubt both of these slots are town n id lynch the other if 1 flipped town

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If I absolutely have to die as long as Soup's slot is next I can't complain. That being said, I REALLY am not ok with leaving the claimed indy alive.

Marshy I need some give here. I don't get the mentality of leaving that slot alive even a little bit. Am I missing something?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake has been grimy as hell this game. His Day 1 was literally "I think Marshy is gross" and then dipping. His Day 2 was voting Kantrip because Rake literally couldn't understand the fact that Kantrip town-read him. Rake literally said

That is a copy-pasted quote. He legitimately justified jumping on one of the wagons with most potential not because of things that actually mattered, but because of a gut-town read on a slot that hasn't been playing legitimately at all. This is it, boys. This is real.

His conversation with Marshy was ****ing disgusting, too. "There are lots of holes you need to fill in this" to "I never said there were holes in your logic" after being accused is awful.

He hasn't posted much, but every single one of his posts that he has made so far have been nothing but ***. Look at 633 to the end of that page. Tell me what is good about it. Look at THIS

This guy is scum. He has tunnel vision on Kantrip with the ONLY reason he stated for a majority of Day 2 and the reasoning he tried to use to get you on the wagon was "He blindsided me with a town-rake read". He didn't actually ask about that town read until legitimately 200 posts later. All the while he doesn't even vote the guy. On top of that, he dropped the Marshy read completely starting D2 and tried to get Marshy on his good side.

I am willing to lynch anyone in my scum pool.

Vote: Glyph

Your turn, Glyph.
where did i ever try to get marshy on my good side ? your acting like me conversing with him is **** riding him, your strewing my actions sideways man.

Also how is following a gut read scummy exactly ? I stated it was gut and no one asked for mroe so you really cant expect me to lay it out if my reason is just to follow my gut. Like the idea you're using that as a scumtell is hat on ass backwards.

Holes to fill in =/= holes in his logic, holes like needing to explain it, i dont know how i need to spell this out but apparently i need to baby step you through how me wanting marhsy to go further in depth instead of what i read as shallow at the time is not stating he had logic holes, if i thought that i woulda said "your logic is messed up"

Dipping isnt an indication of alignment though so I'm not sure how you figure i should magically be scum for it, I have way too much on my plate but at least im here and trying to put my feet in the ground as oppposed to nabe who's devolved into "lket's name claim " for his content

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

the fact nabe demands we name claim when literllly 7 people chasing him or w/e is w/e, i'll nameclaim when the slot is dead as **** cause he needs to be and the arguement agaisnt is literally "lol why deal with a known issue now when we can lynch people who MIGHT be scum "

JeXs

Smash Champion
the fact nabe demands we name claim when literllly 7 people chasing him or w/e is w/e, i'll nameclaim when the slot is dead as **** cause he needs to be and the arguement agaisnt is literally "lol why deal with a known issue now when we can lynch people who MIGHT be scum "
Who's scum?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Thank god, a voice of reason.

Joey has reconfirmed my belief in that slot being Town without a doubt.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You guys are such goddamn boners I don't get mafia apparently.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
joeys post is good but i was honestly leaning soup before it cuz glyph struck me as a bored townie. what did yu think of soups play before? how about glyph? shuld we force any claims today? willing to play ball on the lynch

damn do i hate the way this day played out. nabe/bard were a huge ****ing distraction that *********** town from discussing who could b scum outside of them. rake/raz got away with doing jack**** to help us find scum outside of them n its bull**** regardless of their alignment

Kantrip

Kantplay
Soup's play actually initially had me thinking he was salty town tunneling me. Glyph left no impression until recently and I don't have a problem with what I've seen. I don't think it's impossible that that was TvT.

Top Bottom