• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II info!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, I hope you aren't really conveying the message I'm feeling from these posts.

It feels as if you're saying that the people in this thread just aren't good enough at fighting games in general to have their own opinion.

Really, it's just different strokes for different folks. I really enjoyed the rushdown vs. zoning of CT compared to the overwhelming rushdown + damage vs. average rushdown of CS.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Both are good games.

If you're going to compare the changes in such a way (i.e., drastically), then you might as well consider them to be different games entirely. And in a way, they are.

/obvious

Laijin

Smash Hero
well, i left her out because, imo, she's not a negative play experience, and she has ways around her moves and stuff, even though she's a VERY powerful character. at least from my perspective, whenever I fight against Litchi, i look to only do one thing, and that's bait her to do a DP. once she does, it's clobberin' time. she has no reversal or high priority/range attacks to deal with pressure. in that aspect, she is the same as she was in CT, and the same strategy worked on her. Bang, unfortunately, has no real exploitable weakness, just as Arakune, Rachel, and Carl had none in CT. Nu had one, but it was very hard for a lot of characters to get close and pressure her.

truthfully, the only reason i quit CT was because Ragna had an mind-numbing, horrible 3-7 matchup with Arakune. He had slight disadvantages against the rest of the game's powerhouses, and I had no problem with that. i don't mind working a bit harder to play a character i enjoy. but, CONSTANTLY fighting 3-7 matchups is very annoying. when you get to 3-7 in a tournament environment playing against people near your skill level, it is virtually impossible to win a matchup that poor.
Arakune is the sole reason why I immediately dropped Noel in my first tournament and picked up Nu-13, which was also a 7-3 matchup for Noel. However that 7-3 flipped to 3-7 when its Nu vs Arakune. And this made eveeerything better.

They fixed some of the seriously dumb things that were dumb in CT(game mechanics wise). One in particular that comes to mind immediately is bursting. Why was the player punished SOOO hard for bursting? It was literally the dumbest idea and made it so you KNOW you're opponent is not going to burst until their about to die which made baiting bursts 1 million times easier.

CT was terribly unbalanced. Seriously. It made some character match ups pretty much impossible to win(Nu vs half the cast, Arakune vs Ragna/Noel, etc etc) and others ridiculous tough(Nu vs the other half of the cast). This also gave out so many negative experiences. I literally made people quit the game after they played me in tournament because they realized their character had zero options or hope for winning a particular match up(A couple of Arakune players vs my Nu lol).

CS is a lot more balanced. Although Bang is clearly better than everyone else, every character still has options against everyone and almost no match ups are that hopeless(Except a few of them, but my point is its a lot less than CT was)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, I hope you aren't really conveying the message I'm feeling from these posts.

It feels as if you're saying that the people in this thread just aren't good enough at fighting games in general to have their own opinion.

Really, it's just different strokes for different folks. I really enjoyed the rushdown vs. zoning of CT compared to the overwhelming rushdown + damage vs. average rushdown of CS.
you can take it however you want to. that's not really my concern. skill level has nothing to do with the right to have an opinion. anyone can have and form an opinion. whether someone else thinks it is wrong or has any kind of evidence to disprove it is another. if any top level player said they thought CT was a better game, i would disagree. the thing I am saying is that the people who know the most about the game (i.e. higher level players) will tell you that CS is a much better game due to the reasons I stated before. everything about the game has been improved from the previous version. but, instead of the zoning characters being ridiculously overpowered, the other rushdown characters were improved, and everyone's matchup charts look WAY more balanced than they did before. They nerfed rachel a bit too hard, and Tager is just a bad design that needs to be reworked, but overall, CS is much improved. if you ENJOYED CT more, though honestly I could never see why, then that's on you, and I can't really say anything about that. But, if you're saying that CT is a BETTER GAME than CS, i HAVE to disagree with that one. again, the game has been improved in every aspect that you can look at a fighting game in.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
honestly, i have mixed feelings on the burst changes. i liked the limit of one burst per round, as it was closer to GGXX, and the way i think burst should be handled. the loss of barrier abilities and defense was kind of crazy, though.

while i like that the defense and barrier penalties are gone, being able to stock bursts is rather dumb. also, the decrease in burst release time and shortening of the animation of burst makes them much harder to bait, which i kind of don't like.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lame, I can't pick a character up in the Blazblue series without it being Trash Tier

Actually I'll just use the nerfed V-13

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P which is Tsubaki and Noel lol

Mu is the new Noel which is maybe one reason why I'd consider trying to learn her.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
;P which is Tsubaki and Noel lol

Mu is the new Noel which is maybe one reason why I'd consider trying to learn her.
you should play Tsubaki and Noel, then. most often, you'll find that you will be most productive with the characters you enjoy playing. however, a switch should be considered once you feel you've hit your productivity cap and not getting the results you desire.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I pretty much agree with Laijin. Simply on the basis of the system, CS is a vast improvement over CT. The game also has less stupid crap in it.

DC

Smash Cadet
Calamity Trig was better. Mind you, both games are trash but Calamity Trigger was the lesser of two evils. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not stating it as a fact, just being adamant about it because I really think CS sucks a ****.

Furthermore...

Ragna/Kune was not 7/3, lol shut up you idiot. Neither was Noel/Kune.
Litchi has the most garbage DP in the game and you're playing trash Litchi players.
Mu is not the new Noel, they play absolutely nothing alike, the **** are you talking about?

Holy **** I thought Dustloop was full of idiots.

Litchi the same as she was in CT?

Jesus ****ting Christ GA Peach is ****ing stupid.

How is he that stupid

somebody explain

i dont understand

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Calamity Trig was better. Mind you, both games are trash but Calamity Trigger was the lesser of two evils. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not stating it as a fact, just being adamant about it because I really think CS sucks a ****.

Furthermore...

Ragna/Kune was not 7/3, lol shut up you idiot. Neither was Noel/Kune.
Litchi has the most garbage DP in the game and you're playing trash Litchi players.
Mu is not the new Noel, they play absolutely nothing alike, the **** are you talking about?

Holy **** I thought Dustloop was full of idiots.

Litchi the same as she was in CT?

Jesus ****ting Christ GA Peach is ****ing stupid.

How is he that stupid

somebody explain

i dont understand
He only said her defensive options were more or less the same. That's basically true, inasmuch as she never really had much to begin with. Technically, you could say her defense got worse.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'll trade arguably subpar defense for 5k damage + corner oki off almost any normal hit.

AND quite possibly the best air-to-air options in the game leading to the aforementioned oki.

Note that I am one of the believers of the 'Litchi best character in the game' theory.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
DC, Kola wasn't saying Mu is the new Noel. He's saying Mu is Noel because... duh.

Kola has no idea what he's talking about. He just looked at Noel and Tsubaki's portraits and said, "I'm a weeaboo, I love this moe," without playstyle preference, but he has none because he doesn't play fighting games. I practically live with the guy so I know.

Also, Marty doesn't mind Litchi because she has meatbuns bigger than her head.

Also, 60-40 may not mean much in Smash, but it means a huge bunch in every other game. It may as well be called unwinnable because it's still a bullS matchup. Other than that, I agree with a lot of what you, and others, have said, minus the asterisks.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'd rather fight CS Litchi and Bang than Fight CT Arakune.

And I'd rather have the stupid 2 burst system than have the even stupider dangermode burst system.

Jin is cooler now even if he's less effective (obviously just an opinion)

2cents

DC

Smash Cadet
DC, Kola wasn't saying Mu is the new Noel. He's saying Mu is Noel because... duh.

Kola has no idea what he's talking about. He just looked at Noel and Tsubaki's portraits and said, "I'm a weeaboo, I love this moe," without playstyle preference, but he has none because he doesn't play fighting games. I practically live with the guy so I know.

Also, 60-40 may not mean much in Smash, but it means a huge bunch in every other game. It may as well be called unwinnable because it's still a bullS matchup. Other than that, I agree with a lot of what you, and others, have said, minus the asterisks.
I guess that would make sense if Noel wasn't in the ****ing game. Litchi is the best character, 6/4 is not that bad in BB, idk wtf you're talking about, it's the other way around. 6/4 is ****in unwinnable in Smash.

I've already explained in great detail why I think CT was better than CS on DL. Not doing it again.
Bang Litchi > Nu Rachel Kune.
Though I respect Litchi has one hell of a learning curve, even CT Rachel didn't get that type of oki. CS Bang and CT Nu/Kune are braindead easy.

CT was the Top 3, Carl infinite and Jin. The rest of the characters were mid to arguably low, all still viable. Yes, even Tager and Hakumen.

CS is Bang Litchi at the top. Then Hakumen, Carl, Hazama and Ragna **** on every other character in the game. Hakumen almost has Litchitis, averages AT LEAST 3-3.5k from any normal hit. Breaking 4k and 5k from specials. 5a 6a tsubaki and hotaru(?) all give generous frame advantage. Godly pokes, etc. Carl is good, w/e. Hazama and Ragna get 50 meter from exhaling, damage output is insane.

Lambda ****s on every character with 4 guard primers. (WHY DO CHARACTERS WITH 4 GUARD PRIMERS EXIST?) Minimum should be 5 (read my post on DL) I doubt Tao's tauntloop was meant to be that broken. 10-17 reps?

Makoto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwd3XaZyd5A

Though most Makoto's can't do this, all of her normals gattle into this and she averages ~5k midscreen. Not factoring difficulty into this btw.

Then the rest of the characters, while not unplayable, there's literally no reason to play them when the high tiers **** on other characters so hard. The middle tier in CT was way closer to the top than in CS.

CT was still broken as **** but take out the top 3 and it's a pretty decent game. The burst and guard system were terrible but they are still bad in CS. (but better) Take out the top 3 in CS and there's another top 3 with an insurmountable wall separating the rest of the characters.

Tsubaki? Rachel? lmao get that bull**** outta here.

****, I did it again.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
He only said her defensive options were more or less the same. That's basically true, inasmuch as she never really had much to begin with. Technically, you could say her defense got worse.
this is exactly what i said. the post you quoted from DC is exactly why he is on my ignore list. looking at just about anything he has ever posted on here or on Dustloop will show you that he is one of the most ignorant, uninformed, and idiotic posters on both forums. i have heard countless complaints about his idiocy from MANY people on this forum and Dustloop. he'll post just to see himself type and derail conversations or debates with baseless comments.

i LOVE Litchi's meatbuns, but again, she has an exploitable weakness. when you watch ANY tournament level player play against Litchi, they constantly bait DP, as it is the ONLY way she can deal with pressure. not saying this makes her any less ridiculous of a character, as i have stated before that she is a VERY powerful character, but it is MUCH more viable to beat someone with a distinct weakness like that than someone without a real one, such as CS Bang, CT Arakune, Rachel, or Carl. this is not counting, of course, VERY character specific counters, such as Nu being able to always hit Arakune from full screen before he can setup, or Rachel being able to separate Carl from Nirvana using wind while being hit or grabbed. Litchi's staff issue is something that can be utilized by the whole cast, some easier than others. I play Ragna now, and I played him in CT. this is what he did and still does to Litchi to beat her.

also, in response to the Ragna/Arakune matchup, the Japanese rated it for a while as being 6.5/3.5 in favor of arakune. this was the rating during the duration i played, so if it was changed, it was changed. I think Noel was 4-6 in favor of Arakune, but it could have been worse. i didn't use Noel. now, if everyone could do me a huge favor and not quote DC any more, that would be fantastic, as i would not have to read his posts. if you have to quote him, do what you have to do, but i would just appreciate and love you more if you didn't, lol.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol Better kill myself I'm on GA Peach's ignore list.

Why am I supposed to care about this person again?

You're saying CT Rachel has no exploitable weakness but CS Litchi has poor defense? Holy ****ing **** this kid is stupid. Do you even play this game? I guess that's what I get for making a BB thread on Smashboards.

Rachel being able to separate Carl from Nirvana using wind while being hit or grabbed.
lol yep, just the facts right here folks.

And I'M uniformed? Lmao, I sincerely didn't believe people could be this stupid.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

lol shut up

If you recall the first time I played Noel I hated her because she had guns but wouldn't use them. Then tried Litchi.

Then I played again, used noel beat Matt and saw Noel's long hair and was like. O: Oh **** she's hot. So mained her. Tsubaki part is well true. xD and yeah I don't know fighting games, only smash.

Laijin

Smash Hero
]

Then the rest of the characters, while not unplayable, there's literally no reason to play them when the high tiers **** on other characters so hard. The middle tier in CT was way closer to the top than in CS.
You are dumb.
The characters in CS are MUCH closer to the top tiers than they were in CT.
I don't even get how you can have that as an argument when the facts are literally in front of you.

I see why you're on GA Peach's ignore list lol

BEES

Smash Lord
I guess that would make sense if Noel wasn't in the ****ing game. Litchi is the best character, 6/4 is not that bad in BB, idk wtf you're talking about, it's the other way around. 6/4 is ****in unwinnable in Smash.
6/4 is definitely winnable in Smash. You want proof?

Captain Falcon 40 Top8, 27 Top4, 12 Top2, 14 Wins, 93 Total

There is no way you can get to the finals without having to fight Fox/Falco/Shiek. People win with considerably worse characters than Falcon. You can't sleep on any matchup.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'd be interested to see actual reasons why people say CT is better than CS, because that's a pretty bold claim.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I only say this because I main H-man, but I like CS more than CT.

The only TRUE garbage character is Rachel, because she has the least useful gimmicks. I would also much rather fight CS Bang and Litchi over CT Arakune and Nu.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I played a good rachel yesterday..
so why do her combos only do up to 2k of damage?

Maaan I feel sorry for anyone that mains Rachel. They have to try 1000x harder than every other character. She does even less than damage than Tsubaki..

DC

Smash Cadet
lol I don't agree with DC's reasons so I think they are dumb.
lol You're an idiot. I had more fun with CT and I thought the mid tiers were closer to the top tiers, moreso than in CS, though I'm sure that's because there were less characters.

Either way my opinion is that CT was the better game, I'm not stating anything as a fact.

I played a good rachel yesterday..
so why do her combos only do up to 2k of damage?.
Because they want her to be a zoning character yet her zoning tools are pretty terrible compared to Lambda or even Hazama.

Also yes LOL Noel is ****ing terrible in this game but I still play her. That's not part of the reason why I like CT better but I thought it was pretty funny that they made a bad character worse.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I think it's funny how you don't get your second burst on DD.

Anyone know a rough date of when Valkenheyn will come out?

DC

Smash Cadet
S Litchi Bang > Hazama
A Arakune Carl > Hakumen Ragna Tao
B Jin Lambda > Noel
C Tager > Tsubaki Rachel
If anyone still cares about this game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Make Noel and Tager in the same tier, and I will agree.
They kind of are. They're both on the extreme ends of their respective tiers, with somewhat significant differences between themselves and the other characters. The only thing indicated there is that Noel is better than Tager.

Top Bottom