• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blastzone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I agree with shlurps, DONT ban pokemon stadium 2, its fine compared to Brinstar.

Honistly, whats bad about that stage, its pretty much similur to pokemon stadium 1, except the stage does not mess up my pikmin sync when it transforms.

yes electric, use platforms.
Ice, learn about ice.
Ground, i dont hear people ***** about the rock stage in ps1.
flying, its like a more fierce reason to not jump.
for sakes of keepnig the arguement away, its not allowed for this tournament, but like i said earlier, if this gets a lot of outside recognition then i will be forced to follow standard stagelist.

also bmack, we know our ****, we've already looked through it. im going to buy a cable and test it out at the venue. depending on the price of them venue fee may go up by a quid, but i highly doubt it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G-P extortion.
says the man who charged the same venue fee as i am to host in his own house XD
i may leave actual venue fee as the standard price, but raise the cost of overnight stay by a quid and allow people to pay extra for the right to a comfy spot to sleep on (organisers get deds on a sofa though)

rustediron

Smash Lord
yeah, standard uber list will be used and standard ou rules. my team is all ready to go XD

also, for anyone who plays their wii through a computer monitor, can anyone tell me where they got the component that allowed them to do so, and also, a link to where you got it? (preferably real cheap, i need to buy 16 >,<
If you want minimum lag, you want a monitor with as low a native resolution as possible (something that would be easy to upscale a 480p image onto), component cables (so you can output in 480p rather than 480i), and a VGA box (to conver the component signal into a VGA signal - it's not just a matter of crossing wires over, a minimal amount of processing is required).

All that would probably cost you between £30-£50, VGA boxes are quite expensive :S
You'd also need speakers to output audio, and depending on the VGA box, you may also need a fem stereo phono <-> fem 3.5mm audio jack connector.

An alternative could be to buy some wires, some VGA <-> VGA monitor cables, and some microchips and manufacture them yourself, I'm not entirely sure how hard that is, but I don't think the calculations are that difficult so if you know how to program microchips, then it's probably the most low-cost solution.

EDIT: Unless your monitors support component input, in which case you just need component cables lol

EDIT2: or this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puregadgets...4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1297569327&sr=1-14

Heartstring

Smash Legend
we THINK we know what we need, which is only 3 quid per.
however i have had a massive brainfart and ive completely forgotten about the need for sound.
i may end up simply using CRT's after all

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Do you guys want 10-25 t.vs from Kone? if you can pick them up from birmingham they're all yours

Since you need t.vs this is perfect for this tournament

Especially since sny aint happening anymore..

lol ouch, there's actually 32

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Do you guys want 10-25 t.vs from Kone? if you can pick them up from birmingham they're all yours

i see, well for now i think im okay for tv's, however should my current plan not work out then i will get back to you ASAP
thank you very much though

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
I also have 3 tv's (In Sheffield, can be picked up from the train station). Anyone can take them for BRAWL TOURNIES ONLY, first come first served.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I think it would probably work out cheaper and more efficient to buy TVs near to your location than to use and transport the ones other people have.
You can pick up CRTs for stupid low prices.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think it would probably work out cheaper and more efficient to buy TVs near to your location than to use and transport the ones other people have.
You can pick up CRTs for stupid low prices.
i know, but ive already got stuff at the venue XD

auroreon

Smash Ace
Yea, I read your other post. I was actually addressing the people offering up TVs for use.

B.Mack

Smash Ace

lol ouch, there's actually 32
could I have a couple of those TVs Fuzzy? MTR could help me drive them down to my place this weekend.

who wants to travel together to this? Taking the coach from Victoria leaving on Saturday morning...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
who wants to travel together to this? Taking the coach from Victoria leaving on Saturday morning...
EDIT: sorry for double post.
is cool, its all good for people to organise travelling, did you use the link in the tournament post?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
could I have a couple of those TVs Fuzzy? MTR could help me drive them down to my place this weekend.

Take as many as you want, just sort it out with kone =)

hope you do realise they are in birmingham

B.Mack

Smash Ace
sorted it out with Kone. picking up 2 or 3 tomorrow with MTR and hopefully will get more as time passes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
why do delivery companies take so damn long? im gonna end up with a large dilemna if they dont hurry the **** up X{

monty06

Smash Ace
im down in the southwest in yeovil i looked at travel it takes me 7 half hours so friday is best option for me to get there

Tamoo

Smash Master
What time should we be looking to leave the venue then?

Also Charles, I'm presuming you're booking coach? Share details of what travel plans you're gonna book so we can get people travelling together wherever possible.

GP: Do we have to register a team with you for Pokemon or can we freely switch Pokemon out of the starting 6 if we want?

VA

Smash Hero
I'm not coming.

The scene is stagnant and ****. Being flamed online is so boring and nothing has changed in the scene in a few years now.

/bye

Heartstring

Smash Legend
just use whatever team you want for pokemon, its only a side event XD

also, your choice VA, have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom