• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok... so he is in Goddes of Dawn?

Well if Ike get's in, i think it's a given the B. Knight would also get in.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think its actually worse, because every time you get the BK AT you have to say to yourself, "why wasn't he playable!?!?!?!?!"

jb254

Smash Apprentice
WOW! I'm happy to see a Black Knight thread with so many devoted fans! I think that Black Knight is one of the greatest characters Nintendo has come up with. I think a cool taunt for Black Knight would be him saying, "Is that all there is?", the way he did in POR. That would be perfect after a KO.

I really hope Black Knight gets in, and not as an Assist Trophy. However, I'm really having my doubts. If Ganondorf returns and they decide to give him a sword (or two, like in Wind Waker), then I don't think they'll bring in Black Knight. After seeing Samurai Goroh as an AT, well, I can't help but think BK will get the same fate.

If BK does get in, though , I can't wait for team battles. Imagine Black Knight and Meta Knight joining forces to become Team Knight! MK's speed is a perfect compliment to BK's power!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
WOW! I'm happy to see a Black Knight thread with so many devoted fans! I think that Black Knight is one of the greatest characters Nintendo has come up with. I think a cool taunt for Black Knight would be him saying, "Is that all there is?", the way he did in POR. That would be perfect after a KO.

I really hope Black Knight gets in, and not as an Assist Trophy. However, I'm really having my doubts. If Ganondorf returns and they decide to give him a sword (or two, like in Wind Waker), then I don't think they'll bring in Black Knight. After seeing Samurai Goroh as an AT, well, I can't help but think BK will get the same fate.

If BK does get in, though , I can't wait for team battles. Imagine Black Knight and Meta Knight joining forcest to become Team Knight! MK's speed is a perfect compliment to BK's power!
That would be a great taunt. I hope they get the same voice actor from PoR...

It seems to me that Ganondorf could be made much different from BK. In addition to his sword, Twiilight Princess Ganondorf could be given various punches and kicks as well as the odd magic attack. He also wouldn't have to be nearly as much of a heavyweight as he was in Melee.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ganondorf should have a Sword AND magical attacks. The B. Knight should use his sword and hand to hand combat.

And actually... if Ganondorf get's his Sword i belive the BK could be a Ganon clone, after all both of them are heavyweight swordsman, BK could be luigified.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
well don't forget that BK also knows some arcane magic
Well, the only magic he used in PoR is teloport - which is operfect for his up-B.

Ganondorf should have a Sword AND magical attacks. The B. Knight should use his sword and hand to hand combat.

And actually... if Ganondorf get's his Sword i belive the BK could be a Ganon clone, after all both of them are heavyweight swordsman, BK could be luigified.
Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to see him as an Ike clone, myself (except with a new up-B, obviously) as they shared the same fightinging style in PoR. I see BK as a pure swordsman - not a hand-to-hand brawler, but that's just me.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Black Knight has couple of other powers you didn't think of, Wiseguy:

-He is able to shoot an energy beam from his sword (Ike can do that with his sword also).

-He has a special ability that occurs at random in which he glows red, and then the defense of his opponent is cut in half, and BK's offense is doubled. That would be a cool attack that could work the same way as a Luigi misfire.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
bk could easily be made an original character
Of course he could. I'm just saying a clone of Ike is also possible. It's ceetainly better than an Assist Trophy...

Black Knight has couple of other powers you didn't think of, Wiseguy:

-He is able to shoot an energy beam from his sword (Ike can do that with his sword also).

-He has a special ability that occurs at random in which he glows red, and then the defense of his opponent is cut in half, and BK's offense is doubled. That would be a cool attack that could work the same way as a Luigi misfire.
You make a good point. I hadn't considered that those are sort of magic as well...

That special ability would be perfect for his Final Smash.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
was deathborn in the anime? i dont know, i never saw it, but i thought just black shadow was there. if deathborn WAS in the anime, i think that actually gives him a chance at making it in as an AT. otherwise the only other possibility would be black shadow.

but anyway, isnt this the black kinght thread???

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
your argument was ok until you mentioned black shadow, you phale sir
"But he was on Sakurai's Poll! That makes his inclusion a certainty - just like Link's Uncle."

i think FE as a series has more importance than F-zero (and nintendo has already shown this in melee by giving FE 2 characters, while only giving F-zero 1). therefore, i believe FE would get itself a villan rep before F-zero would.
"Both Marth and Roy will return, Ike and Black Knight will not appear. The Japanese games and Melee are all that matter. Besides, noone plays Fire Emblem games anymore."

plus if there is any fzero rep besides goroh its deathborn
"Black Shadow is much cooler than Deathborn or Black Knight. How can you not love that costume? His mom probably worked extra hard picking it out for him."

Osi

Smash Ace
I think black knight could be the top tier heavy character all the fans have waited for (considering if ganon is not coming back with the sword of course). He is just all shades of cool wrapped in one uber vessel.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
"...The Japanese games...are all that matter..."
do i really have to...'disprove' this? lol. now youre trying too hard to come up with negative stuff. BK is too good.

and lol @ his mom picking out his suit for him. i can imagine the ending scene for the next f-zero game...black shadow's racer is trashed, and he's just laying on the ground near it, dead...it zooms in on his arm, and part of his suit is ripped off. then you see one of those 'i <3 mom' tattoos on his arm. and you realize he was doing it all for her. falcon realizes this, and you see a tear...yeah not happening. ever. hahahahah!!! wow i need to go to bed...

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
WHYYYYYYYYSSSSGUYYYY!!!
yes, i understand the must be a balance of supporters and haters for a thread to keep going
no, u didnt have to be the badguy...just keep sayin things about BShadow, thats fun :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I can't pretend anymore to be against Black Knight any longer. Every time I try, my soul dies a little more...

BLACK FREAKING KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!

I think black knight could be the top tier heavy character all the fans have waited for (considering if ganon is not coming back with the sword of course). He is just all shades of cool wrapped in one uber vessel.
Indeed, sir. If given the chance, BK would undoubtebly be among the most popular characters in the game.

do i really have to...'disprove' this? lol. now youre trying too hard to come up with negative stuff. BK is too good.

and lol @ his mom picking out his suit for him. i can imagine the ending scene for the next f-zero game...black shadow's racer is trashed, and he's just laying on the ground near it, dead...it zooms in on his arm, and part of his suit is ripped off. then you see one of those 'i <3 mom' tattoos on his arm. and you realize he was doing it all for her. falcon realizes this, and you see a tear...yeah not happening. ever. hahahahah!!! wow i need to go to bed...
Yeah, it's impossible to be opposed to a character as awesome as BK for long. No wonder BK haters are all but extinct these days.

Black Shadow is a joke, and an extremely lame one at that. I REEEEEAAALLLLYYY hate that character. Like, alot.

WHYYYYYYYYSSSSGUYYYY!!!
yes, i understand the must be a balance of supporters and haters for a thread to keep going
no, u didnt have to be the badguy...just keep sayin things about BShadow, thats fun :)
I think I'll retire my hater ways for a while. Hopefully both Ike and BK will appear in a new E3 Brawl trailer, so this thread will explode all over again.

In the meantime, I vow to keep this thread alive by descibing how vastly superior Black Knight is to BS.

=

=

NukeA6

Smash Master
It seems like he has more of a chance being an AT but I think he's better off being playable. We could sure use a Darth Vader in Brawl.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
we hope for him not to be nonplayabel (A), besides, as explained before, he would be the first ever heavy swordwielder in SSB...therefore, hes the greatest :)

EDIT: 1 day,9 hours, 41 min, 1 sec for E3

Top Bottom