• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bite to grab characters

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
This combo is known but i just want to let you guys know who it works on and who it doesn't.
This works between 0-17% *as when wario spits them out*. The knockback stays the same at those percentages but afterwards this wont work.

Mario: Works

DK: Works

Link: works

Samus: doesnt work

ZSS: Not sure but from what i can see it works

Kirby: Doesnt work

Fox: Works

Pika: Has to be perfect but it works

Marth: doesnt work

Game and Watch: Doesnt work

Weegee: Doesnt work

Diddy Kong: Has to be perfect timing but works

Zelda: Doesnt work

Sheik: Works

Pit: Has to be perfect but works

Mk: Doesnt work *but then again what does?*

Falco: works

Squirtle: Doesn't work

Ivysaur: Doesn't work

Charizard: Works

Ike: Works

Snake: Has to be perfect but it works

Peach: Doesn't work

Yoshi: Im not really sure. I have been trying it for awhile but i cant tell if im a few frames late or not. He can nair sometimes but other times he cant. REALLY MUST BE PERFECT

Ganondorf: Works *what doesn't work on him?*

IC: On a single IC no it doesn't work.

DDD: Works

Wolf: Works

Lucario: Doesn't work

Ness: Doesn't work

Sonic: Doesn't work

Bowser: Works

Wario: Doesn't work

TL: Doesn't work

ROB: Doesn't work

Olimar: Doesn't work

CF: Works

Jigglypuff: Ummm no freaking way

Lucas: Doesn't work

Of course i know there are better things you could be doing at this percentage
*like dair,dair uair* but this is just something you can use as a mixup.
Also if this has been posted before feel free to lock it.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Add a TL;DR for silly people saying it works on fastfallers. I guess it's not really worth trying on Yoshi, then.

Good job nonetheless.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Good job. This is useful stuff. Doing this on two of these characters are what I consider "bold moves" since you have to do it at the beginning of a stock. I wouldn't suggest doing it against D3 (obvious reasons) or Falco when you're at CG range. Other than that good job once again.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure now that yoshis nair comes out to fast for us to grab him so dynomites combo works best :p

And yeah its kinda dangerous doing it on falco since if you screw up you just cost yourself 40%.
But once you get used to the timing you should be able to do it no problem

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
If someone has too much time, perhaps he should test if Bite > Bite > grab works starting from 0% :laugh:
This was that i was basically talking about. but if u wana get really fancy. Bite>bite>Glide toss tire forward> jab> grab. (not 100% but it looks really cool)

Also: Did you try bite>grab with snack holding back? For me it doesnt normally work, but i might have messed up the 2 times i missed in tourney

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Retested this and apprently it goes to 17%.
So yeah you can bite, bite grab but if it goes over 17% it doesnt work.

Also this IS a legitimate combo im sure i might be wrong on one or 2 characters but ive been doing this for awhile against characters it works against and havent failed yet.

Try it on bowser and link they are two that i KNOW cant escape if you do it right. I have a example if youd want me to show you.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Bite>bite>Glide toss tire forward> jab> grab > dthrow > dair > uair, perhaps?

This list looks helpful but still very situational. Still, on heavies I may want to go for Bite > grab > dthrow > dair > uair because that really racks a lot of damage. So in a sense nice find.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
I think its VERY useful against heavies like dk and bowser since they are more suspect to bite if they get bitten at low percents its a guarrented grab to dthrow cg. **** son :p

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If I get this on D3 I'll be sure to dthrow, dair, uair.

I've only done that once but it was fun.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Actually pie the D3 is free to bair you in the face if you try to dair. Only a possibility though. Try to avoid thinking of long static strings of combos, and just be adaptable. Read your opponent's DI and dodges, punish with the best moves possible.

Also I have a question about Bite->Grab. Is the grab a standing grab or dash grab? Never specified but I'm guessing dash grab.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Can a D3 really bair that quickly? I know it's not guarunteed but it usually works. It's a low-risk, medium reward situation if you'd ask me.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Actually pie the D3 is free to bair you in the face if you try to dair. Only a possibility though. Try to avoid thinking of long static strings of combos, and just be adaptable. Read your opponent's DI and dodges, punish with the best moves possible.

Also I have a question about Bite->Grab. Is the grab a standing grab or dash grab? Never specified but I'm guessing dash grab.
Buffered dash grab. The timing is kind of strict on some characters *the ones i said have to be perfect are REALLY hard to do but can still be done*. The way i tested this was using the best move each character could do in that situation. Examples

Yoshi- Nair *comes out fast and really his only option
Marth- Up b. Fair also works since marth goes to far for wario to grab him
DDD- Sidestep. DDD cant do much else besides sidestep since he falls to fast to do an aerial or grab. Since ddd has to deal with landing lag as well it allows for you to be a little less perfect but not by much.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is old. But confirmed on a few characters easily. Dedede and DK it works on, in fact it's partly why DK vs Wario is so awful because early % you can combo bite nearly anywhere on a stage into a CG. Meaning DK can't platform camp or Down B camp or Bair camp to avoid the grab.

Top Bottom