• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BIO 4 MELEE (MISF) - San Francisco, July 10

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
oh LMAO. totally missed the "melee" portion of the thread title and I didn't read the OP cause I assumed it was about brawl

Violence

Smash Lord
Just a few questions:

1. How much is parking?

2. Do you need setups, power strips, splitters, etc?

3. If yes, do we get a reduced venue fee?

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Update the title, I think M2K is coming to this!

But I think he might not enter melee cuz Brawl will be running at the same time.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Sorry M2K I really doubt we're going to get the attendance to justify a 2-day tournament. Plus people have likely already made plans around the 1-day-ness of the tourney.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
BIO 4 MELEE (MISF)
July 10, 2010
Sir Francis Drake Hotel
450 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA

AIB thread: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9389
If you plan on attending, please sign in to AIB and click the "I am attending" button!

So the guy who runs the BIO series has asked me if I would like to host a Melee tourney there also. It's a really nice venue, and we would have our own room that holds 70-80 people.
That's right, Melee has its own room so you don't have to mingle your elitist ***** with Barlw kids.

Tourney info:
Schedule:
We don't have all night to run this tournament like we do at other places, so I need you guys to show up by 11AM.
I will assess a $2 late fee for anyone that arrives past noon and wants to be in the bracket!
Teams will start at 12:30
Singles signups will END AT 2PM - another $2 late fee will apply here.
Singles pools will start at 3PM
We get kicked out at 10PM

Fees:
Venue fee: $5
Entry fee: $5 singles, $10 per team ($5 per team member)
$2 late fee for not entering doubles by noon or singles by 2. So if you're in Dajuan's car bring extra cash.

Maps/parking info to come soon.

We will use the ruleset for GSG since it is 2 weeks after this:

The Obvious:
-4 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Sets are best of 3, with the exception of losers/winners semi finals, winners/losers/grand finals which are best of 5.
-Double Elimination
-items off
-Team attack on, life stealing allowed

More Rules:
-Ties broken by
A. By whoever has more stock wins
B. Whoever has lower percent wins
C. If they both are at the same percent same stock then the sudden death is played out.
-STRIKEOUT METHOD FOR FIRST MATCH!
A. Characters are decided
B. The players play rock-paper-scissors. Winner decides order.
C. The order is 1-2-1 on striking out stages.
-Winner set your ONE stage ban AFTER your first match is played.
-Loser counter pick procedure.
A. Loser chooses stage.
B. Winner chooses character.
C. Loser chooses character.
-Dave’s Stupid Rule (canNOT counter pick a stage you have won on in the same set).
-Wobbling and freeze glitch is banned
-all forms of excessive stalling are banned (example: mewtwo soul stunner, peach bomber, jigglypuff’s rising pound, etc.)

Stages
Singles Neutrals:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Singles counterpicks:
all Neutral stages plus
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64

RAINBOW CRUISE AND BRINSTAR ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN SINGLES.

Doubles Neutrals:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles counterpicks:
all Neutral stages plus
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Do we get the entire venue fee waived for bringing a full set up? :067:

EDIT: Caleb, can you get on Google Talk so you can help me with some public transportation stuff?

It says on AiB:

The entry fee will only be $5 singles and $10 teams ($5/player) and there is no extra venue fee which conflicts with the first post of the SWF thread.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
When I said there is no extra venue fee, I meant that you don't have to pay a separate venue fee to enter both games, because that thread is targeted at Barlw players. Despite that seemingly being obvious given the definition of a venue fee, I still had people asking me that question earlier.

Unfortunately there is no discount for bringing setups, but I'm trying to work something out still, trying to ask for setup discounts as a favor since I'm housing Barlw people.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Does anybody know a place to park where it would be cheaper than $15-30 like PockyD mentioned? Like anywhere in South SF and then we BART to the venue?
i'm fairly sure that all bart stations that have parking, have parking for like a dollar for the whole day.

at least millbrae does.

Anyone wanna mm at this? 1 to 5 dollars, preferably people I've never played before.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
i'm fairly sure that all bart stations that have parking, have parking for like a dollar for the whole day.

at least millbrae does.

Anyone wanna mm at this? 1 to 5 dollars, preferably people I've never played before.
If Kurtis teams with Myko, then I need someone else to team with. If Myko doesn't come, then I'm teaming with Kurtis. I need someone to team with me as a back up in case Myko comes and Kurtis decides to team with him. Also regarding money matches, I will do it with people if I feel confident. Naota21t, what rule set would you agree to for MM?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
If Kurtis teams with Myko, then I need someone else to team with. If Myko doesn't come, then I'm teaming with Kurtis. I need someone to team with me as a back up in case Myko comes and Kurtis decides to team with him. Also regarding money matches, I will do it with people if I feel confident. Naota21t, what rule set would you agree to for MM?
oh ****. yay kurtis is going.

best of 5. neutrals only. normal tourney rules in terms of order of selecting chars/stages.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
parking at bart is free on weekends where they have it

to see where they have it, go to the bart website
True, but just in case anyone had the idea, there's no parking at any of the downtown San Francisco BART stations (Powell St BART, which is the closest one, is a downtown station). You can park for free at another one and BART over though.

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
Pretty excited about this tourny. Bios have always been cool, hope to play with a lot more people this time around. Look out for me! :)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey guys, I talked to the main TO/venue guy and he's letting me give discounts for bringing setups now.
DON'T FORGET TO TELL THE PERSON TAKING YOUR VENUE FEE MONEY THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR MELEE.
$1 off for a console or TV by itself
$2 off for both

I know it's not that much but keep in mind that Barlw people are paying $10.

Also they had to move the rooms, so apparently we're all (Melee + Brawl) in the same room now.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
so for anyone who lives in the peninsula there is a SamTrans bus 292 that goes from San Mateo all the way to downtown SF, where it's just like a 10 minute walk to the venue of this tourney. It's like 2 dollars one-way, so it's cheaper (and maybe more convenient) then Bart.

fortunately its like 2 blocks from my house so i'mma just bus there.

Top Bottom