• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
unfortunately my choices remain pretty much the same as last night phase. Basically like and hotcakes more (too many pure towntells), Orbo, joey, and mac less. Everything else is pretty consistent because not much actually got to be done.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
actually yea ill go ahead and say mac and 2/3 of joey/kantrip/chaco. thats where i stand. hotcakes doesnt present as malicious at all to me imho.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mac joey/kantrip, possibly both. im still on the fence about chaco being VERY misguided. i think you may have had tunnel vision (pending being wrong upon a reread) cuz some of the points you were making seemed... overextended. idk. whatchu thinkin about joey kantrip doe?

BY THE WAY TOWN TAKE NOTES, IF I DIE TONIGHT LOOK AT MAC JOEY KANTRIP AND CHACO. POSSIBLY DH BUT HES LIKELY JUST A ******
how am i scum

so you're thinking me and kantrip orchestrated that argument?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
actually yea ill go ahead and say mac and 2/3 of joey/kantrip/chaco. thats where i stand. hotcakes doesnt present as malicious at all to me imho.
Kantrip is just a complete non-presence, that's not a scumtell per say but he needs pressure in order to figure him out.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus who else is scum besides chaco?

it's pretty ridic that you got lynched
....seriously didn't mean to. i know I'm gonna catch the hammer for that, but look at my post strings, you can tell I was continuing to post. Imho, it was plain to see my vote was coming. But whatevs.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hotcakes is like, the saint of noobtown, he's doing so many things wrong but he's so bleeding sincere it's obvious he's trying to help but doesn't know better.

Chaco lies, straight up, like you can literally directly match his statements about what I said to me saying the opposite, and he's been around the block too many times for it to be a misinterpretation. The way he defended rake was INCREDIBLY scummy, if this town wasn't so bad he'd probably already be dead. Such an obvious scum defending town for a purpose.

#HBC | Gorf

what the argument over mechanics? or some other argument that i skimmed? if the former i TOTALLY think that can be orchestrated.

oh wait thats riiiiight orbo exists. idk what to think of em tbh. near zero presence as far as im concerned.

oh and youre scum cuz youve posted a lot but have VERY little to show for it. you have mechanics talk, and the fact that it was smart mechanic talk brings it down to a lean. but i wouldnt put it past you to know what to talk about.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
....seriously didn't mean to. i know I'm gonna catch the hammer for that, but look at my post strings, you can tell I was continuing to post. Imho, it was plain to see my vote was coming. But whatevs.
Yes it was, but nobody believes you wouldn't check latest posts before posting an l-1 post.

#HBC | Gorf

Hotcakes is like, the saint of noobtown, he's doing so many things wrong but he's so bleeding sincere it's obvious he's trying to help but doesn't know better.

Chaco lies, straight up, like you can literally directly match his statements about what I said to me saying the opposite, and he's been around the block too many times for it to be a misinterpretation. The way he defended rake was INCREDIBLY scummy, if this town wasn't so bad he'd probably already be dead. Such an obvious scum defending town for a purpose.
OH **** ITS RUSHING BACK TO ME NOW

THE ENTRANCE INTO THE RAKE WAGON DEBACLE

WHY DOES A TOWNY GO SO HARD FOR SUCH WRONG REASONS.

yea mkay revision: chaco and 2/3 of mac/joey/kantrip

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mechanics talk is fluff unless it actually helps scumhunting. Without information on scum strategy the mechanics talk was absolutely meaningless. I don't get why you liked the mechanics talk gorf, straight up, it's just an easy place for scum to go to avoid talking stances and trying to make the progression of those thoughts sound legitimate.

#HBC | Gorf

Yes it was, but nobody believes you wouldn't check latest posts before posting an l-1 post.
and to piggy back, theres this little tab that opens right on top of the box you type in. it talks about posts recently made. when youre making an l1 post i assume that youd check it. and no its completely unfathomable to me that you wouldnt either check for it OR that you wouldnt see it. i get that **** on MOBILE.

#HBC | Gorf

Mechanics talk is fluff unless it actually helps scumhunting. Without information on scum strategy the mechanics talk was absolutely meaningless. I don't get why you liked the mechanics talk gorf, straight up, it's just an easy place for scum to go to avoid talking stances and trying to make the progression of those thoughts sound legitimate.
he was talkin bout how we need to look at whos lookin where in comparison to the board. scums got reason to try n push for certain slots on the board. and from what i read (albeit i lightly skimmed his part and MASSIVELY skimmed kantrip's) that was what he was talkin bout. the fact that scum knows everyones numbers, that makes them viable. its not a town tell, but it's something. i think his lack of actual substantiation reeks more than his mechanic talk helps em, but i cant deny that it helps a read of em.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
he was talkin bout how we need to look at whos lookin where in comparison to the board. scums got reason to try n push for certain slots on the board. and from what i read (albeit i lightly skimmed his part and MASSIVELY skimmed kantrip's) that was what he was talkin bout. the fact that scum knows everyones numbers, that makes them viable. its not a town tell, but it's something. i think his lack of actual substantiation reeks more than his mechanic talk helps em, but i cant deny that it helps a read of em.
Which doesn't give us anything without some flips to tell us scum's strategy in regards to the board.

#HBC | Gorf

^yee

gimme a lowdown on watchu think of joey. i think him vs you is his most telling attribute personally, the attack ****ing reeked but then again maybe he is just that butthurt about how the lynch went down.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh and youre scum cuz youve posted a lot but have VERY little to show for it. you have mechanics talk, and the fact that it was smart mechanic talk brings it down to a lean. but i wouldnt put it past you to know what to talk about.
true, but consider the context

I literally didn't get a chance to play d1 cuz it lasted 2 days. d2 starts and I'm not about to start rehashing past **** or giving my opinion on rake cuz he's dead so that's irrelevant. the mod reveals game information that has a direct effect on helping us find scum so I want to talk about it and get ppl to say grimy **** wrt it. So I start taking that approach the first irl day i get to actually play and then i read the thread later that night and another ***** is killed

can't be that farfetch'd that you've seen the **** you've seen from me.

plus i dropped a ton of town tells in that argument with adumb, check that **** out

adumb, I completely disagree about mechnics bein fluff but i guess we don't gotta rehash that ****.

#HBC | Gorf

ninja'd, the yee was for the orbo kantrip thing

Which doesn't give us anything without some flips to tell us scum's strategy in regards to the board.
it gives us a paper trail. and it brings the theory to life in the thread. a theory that i cant imagine scum wanting to shed light toward, especially not this early.

and mac actually brings up a good point in his most recent post: the circumstances for him objectively suck. the days have been severely cut in time. its hard for me to have a concrete read on his play atm cuz a townie perspective fits. not the fact that it IS town telling, but the fact that it being circumstantial fits.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
while i haven't read kantrip's posts about adumb yet, I don't think they're scum. their posts earlier today have read mad genuine

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mechanic talk isn't fluff. But I feel it's in plain site to distract more so than help. when has relying on game mechanics ever done more than raise more questions than it answers. I'm not saying to ignore the board. But it's obviously there to benefit scum, not so much town. It benefits town once slots are revealed to see who scum would go for, but at this point, you can only do so much without a completed board. A complete board on the other hand, I'd by all means praise going for mechanic talk and wise, but at this point in time, it won't do much other than raise questions and suspicions that can't be confirmed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, ignore what I said about kantrip, he's a town lean on second though. I'm going senile and I'm pleading the 5th about what mistake I made. I would appreciate him going through the ringer anyway though, towntrip has a very distinctive flailing style.

^yee

gimme a lowdown on watchu think of joey. i think him vs you is his most telling attribute personally, the attack ****ing reeked but then again maybe he is just that butthurt about how the lynch went down.
Hmmmm, reading more angry then scum in retrospect, still I really just don't like the slot, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but part of it is due to non-presence, excusable because shortness of the day though. Urg, keep your eye on him.

true, but consider the context

I literally didn't get a chance to play d1 cuz it lasted 2 days. d2 starts and I'm not about to start rehashing past **** or giving my opinion on rake cuz he's dead so that's irrelevant. the mod reveals game information that has a direct effect on helping us find scum so I want to talk about it and get ppl to say grimy **** wrt it. So I start taking that approach the first irl day i get to actually play and then i read the thread later that night and another ***** is killed

can't be that farfetch'd that you've seen the **** you've seen from me.

plus i dropped a ton of town tells in that argument with adumb, check that **** out

adumb, I completely disagree about mechnics bein fluff but i guess we don't gotta rehash that ****.
Then ask questions, reread and see what's up, figure stuff out. I have no doubt of your ability to do so. Your ignoring of actual scumhunting in your posts today is EXTREMELY telling. If you thought mechanics were useful, then talking about them to that degree is fine, but even your analysis of that seemed more fluff then meat given you didn't consider the value of deterrence.

Latest posts doesn't show up in advanced reply, obv obv.
And, we really think you didn't check the thread itself again before posting?

Mechanic talk isn't fluff. But I feel it's in plain site to distract more so than help. when has relying on game mechanics ever done more than raise more questions than it answers. I'm not saying to ignore the board. But it's obviously there to benefit scum, not so much town. It benefits town once slots are revealed to see who scum would go for, but at this point, you can only do so much without a completed board. A complete board on the other hand, I'd by all means praise going for mechanic talk and wise, but at this point in time, it won't do much other than raise questions and suspicions that can't be confirmed.
Aka fluff, it's useful when it's useful, but if there's not enough info to use it to reveal scum or setup info it's fluff. Like Rake's "this is interesting"s.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what we had 2 flips (a lynch and a nkill), we also had 2 known board positions and had the potential to get one more. is that not enough to start thoerizing about the scum strat? why would kataefi even care about revealing the numbers to town if they weren't useful to discuss... why would that even be a power role (rake's).

but aiight, i jsut had to say that, u dont gotta respond cuz yur dead and the Day's over so it dont matter

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
what we had 2 flips (a lynch and a nkill), we also had 2 known board positions and had the potential to get one more. is that not enough to start thoerizing about the scum strat? why would kataefi even care about revealing the numbers to town if they weren't useful to discuss... why would that even be a power role (rake's).

but aiight, i jsut had to say that, u dont gotta respond cuz yur dead and the Day's over so it dont matter
So praytell, who'd you pin as scum based on all your board theorycrafting?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Then ask questions, reread and see what's up, figure stuff out. I have no doubt of your ability to do so. Your ignoring of actual scumhunting in your posts today is EXTREMELY telling. If you thought mechanics were useful, then talking about them to that degree is fine, but even your analysis of that seemed more fluff then meat given you didn't consider the value of deterrence.\
i didn't ignore scumhunting in my posts man... idk why you read it like that

discussing the mechanics and getting ppl to out who they wanted to reveal WAS my strategy for scumhunting at the start of today. I thought scum might be gross and state some obviously scum favored opinions. I wanted to see ppl make it clear that they're actually thinking about what scum could be attempting (like kantrip) or make it obvious that they're trying to manipulate town. of course that **** got *********** by you and kantrip and jexs so I was literally forced into the argument about mechanics when I wanted to keep the **** i was brainstorming to myself (at first at least).

in any mafia game it's mad useful tryna figure out what scum wants to do and not do that, the board helps that

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i didn't ignore scumhunting in my posts man... idk why you read it like that

discussing the mechanics and getting ppl to out who they wanted to reveal WAS my strategy for scumhunting at the start of today. I thought scum might be gross and state some obviously scum favored opinions. I wanted to see ppl make it clear that they're actually thinking about what scum could be attempting (like kantrip) or make it obvious that they're trying to manipulate town. of course that **** got *********** by you and kantrip and jexs so I was literally forced into the argument about mechanics when I wanted to keep the **** i was brainstorming to myself (at first at least).

in any mafia game it's mad useful tryna figure out what scum wants to do and not do that, the board helps that
And what praytell would those options be? Scum has no incentive for any information in regards to numbers since they know everything already and we have 0 information about their board strategy. So what exactly are these gross scum favored options that we could know at this point?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also chaco and dark horse have shown some connections this game

they were both on the "save rake" side of the argument

dark horse said Chaco was getting set up by scum which is why he wasn't killed yesterday. (IN RESPONSE TO A QUESTION I ASKED RELATED TO THE BOARD, get at me @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus )

this could be telling, but I'd rather just know dark horse's number to

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And what praytell would those options be? Scum has no incentive for any information in regards to numbers since they know everything already and we have 0 information about their board strategy. So what exactly are these gross scum favored options that we could know at this point?
idk man

while we may not know exactly RIGHT NOW, as more **** is revealed the paper trail ppl leave (their opinions on board related ****) will be more and more useful. it's same as asking ppl to out reads so when ppl flip later you can use that new info with what they've said and how they've voted on ppl to determine their alignments

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
We agreed to unceremoniously murder him after chaco dies toMorrow?
are u srs?

you asked me what scum the mechanics **** that i brought up outed. you don't realize ridiculous a q this is?
the mechanics **** didn't even go the way i wanted it to. Noone gave their opinions on who should get the ball or why scum killed ppl based on the board (except for kantrip and all that gave me a town read on his slot, as well as Dark Horse in one post which gave us something about his connection to chaco). And the day lasted literally hours after I brought this up

yet you expect me to draft up a report about how this **** i was trying netted us clear scum tells... that ****'s kinda ridic b

all I can do is tell you what is tryna do and how i hoped it'd work

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
idk man

while we may not know exactly RIGHT NOW, as more **** is revealed the paper trail ppl leave (their opinions on board related ****) will be more and more useful. it's same as asking ppl to out reads so when ppl flip later you can use that new info with what they've said and how they've voted on ppl to determine their alignments
And the problem with that is you're leaving scumhunting today out in the cold for things that MAY be valuable later and positions can and often will be taken out of total ignorance of mechanics that are revealed later, hurting their value. Today it's fluff, tomorrow it might be a tad more useful. This is the exact reason why info over analysis is a classic scumtell, it's dumb to put so much effort into mechanics unless it actually allows you to directly pin scum.

are u srs?

you asked me what scum the mechanics **** that i brought up outed. you don't realize ridiculous a q this is?
the mechanics **** didn't even go the way i wanted it to. Noone gave their opinions on who should get the ball or why scum killed ppl based on the board (except for kantrip and all that gave me a town read on his slot, as well as Dark Horse in one post which gave us something about his connection to chaco). And the day lasted literally hours after I brought this up

yet you expect me to draft up a report about how this **** i was trying netted us clear scum tells... that ****'s kinda ridic b

all I can do is tell you what is tryna do and how i hoped it'd work
You have a pretty surefire townie (by your admission) whose gone whenever a votecount comes to "hop off", tots the most brownie townie thing to do on the plane :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And the problem with that is you're leaving scumhunting today out in the cold
no ***, I never said people shouldn't scumhunt, I never wanted people not to scumhunt. holy **** why do you persist on thinking / saying this. if you're town (and I'm assuming you are cuz u wudn't go through the effort to do all this **** otherwise), twisting the **** i say like you're doing now is only going to hurt scum in the long run. reread what i said, you KNOW i didn't say ppl should stop scumhunting.

for things that MAY be valuable later and positions can and often will be taken out of total ignorance of mechanics that are revealed later, hurting their value. Today it's fluff, tomorrow it might be a tad more useful. This is the exact reason why info over analysis is a classic scumtell, it's dumb to put so much effort into mechanics unless it actually allows you to directly pin scum.
i think it's valuable now. your argument is like saying it's pointless to ask ppl who scum is unless their response can help you directly pin scum.

You have a pretty surefire townie (by your admission) whose gone whenever a votecount comes to "hop off", tots the most brownie townie thing to do on the plane :)
i don't really understand what you're saying here... but you should check out my post. i said to hop off cuz your question was ridic you and you're bein silly

Top Bottom