• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Billfest discussion thread

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
There are several things I would like to discuss before the next billfest and I would like everyones help in deciding upon a couple things.

1. I am beginning to favor a more conservative stage list; what does everyone think about Norfar being banned?

2. The suggestion has often been made that MK should be banned. While he doesn't dominate our singles tournaments yet MK has been showing up a lot lately in doubles teams. How does everyone feel about banning MK, or perhaps banning him in doubles only?

3. What should the name be? I have narrowed it down to a few names that I like:
i. MISSION IMPOSSIBill 2: UNFABillIAR TERRITORY​
ii. Big Billie Style​
iii. Bill in the sky with diamonds​
iv. Peace, Love, Unity, Bill​
v. Don't Stop Billievin'​
4. Should Brawl start before Melee?

5. Should singles start before teams?

6. How early would people be ok with starting the tournament?

7. What is a good date for the next billfest?

BEHR

Smash Hero
1.Ban Norfair.
2.Dont Ban MK
3.I say Its Billaful day
4.No
5.Yeah
6.I say 10 im cool woth that.
7.you tell me Bill.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
There are several things I would like to discuss before the next billfest and I would like everyones help in deciding upon a couple things.

1. I am beginning to favor a more conservative stage list; what does everyone think about Norfar being banned?

Eh... its fine

2. The suggestion has often been made that MK should be banned. While he doesn't dominate our singles tournaments yet MK has been showing up a lot lately in doubles teams. How does everyone feel about banning MK, or perhaps banning him in doubles only?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
Don't even think about it.

ii. Big Billie Style​

Any IDC

Yes

No

Noon is good

7. What is a good date?
I doubt I can come anyways :(

lord karn

Smash Master
Plur's is may 2nd. I heard PP saying something about the next munkaid happening near the end of the month or something.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
1. -
2. -
3. big billie style, that ain't bill, or don't stop billievin'
4. no.
5. i think melee's schedule is fine the way it is. possibly for brawl, but that's not my thing.
6. 11
7. asap so i can come. :)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah Munkey told me the 30th.

1. I don't really care for Norfair but so far your stages have been alright (except for that time oyu took me to Hanenbow and idc if it was doubles).

2. Ban him only if the MK mains will still practice with him. We need good MKs here because OOS plays MK and we don't wanna squander hard against him, gay as he his, without inexperience making things worse for us.

3. My favorite is mission impossibill. =p

4. As much as I'd love to argue against this, I just don't feel up to that when the majority is already against me anyways. Do whatever you want.

5. Teams should go first like they always do.

6. Noon or regular time (1:00 right?) seems to be about the limit.

7. Loooooooooool

BEHR

Smash Hero
1. -
2. -
3. big billie style, that ain't bill, or don't stop billievin'
4. no.
5. i think melee's schedule is fine the way it is. possibly for brawl, but that's not my thing.
6. 11
7. asap so i can come. :)
I like that name Mike. <3

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. -

2. Don't Ban MK

3. Don't Stop Billievin'

4. No, Brawl should never start before Melee

5. No, but I would like to say that you should make sure that Doubles is finished before starting Singles, in Brawl and Melee.

6. Noon works fine for me personally.

7. hmm... Depends when you guys are leaving UNC. I won't be able to make another Billfest until the summer, and I don't know if they're happening in the summer.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
1. No too many characters have a good game on that stage. You got gayed bad tho lol.

2. I thought teams didnt matter. >.< If you have to ban MK, you have to ban Snake too, since he is the easier to play, almost as broken counterpart. But I don't see it being fair to me, but obv I am biased.

3. don't stop billievin' (easily the best)

4. Melee should be first, but starting earlier.

5. Logically singles should be played when everyone is at the peak of their skill, I say just start it all earlier so doubles can serve as a good practice session before singles, which really matters. I just don't wanna play what determines PRs at 4am. Besides, doubles attendance will suffer. I say just play Melee, have a LUNCH, not a DINNER break, then barwl will start.

6. Ask the hardcore Meleers

7. I have no clue, chances are I can't... but we will see.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. Sure

2. Not yet

3. Don't stop Billevin is the best thing ever

4. Yeah

5. Yeah

6. 11 is the best it can realistically start. But I mean START.

7. Early June, assuming we're not having another Jubilee around then

Smith

Smash Ace
1. -

2. Don't Ban MK

3. Don't Stop Billievin'

4. No, Brawl should never start before Melee

5. No, but I would like to say that you should make sure that Doubles is finished before starting Singles, in Brawl and Melee.

6. Noon works fine for me personally.

7. hmm... Depends when you guys are leaving UNC. I won't be able to make another Billfest until the summer, and I don't know if they're happening in the summer.

^ I agree with all of these except I'll be here for every billfest :D

and I got a haircut... :(

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
@@@@@Hello this is Jessica posting on Anthony's name.@@@@@

1. I don't care

2. I don't care

3. Don't Stop Billevin

4. I think that we should have a set time for when people have to sign up by (one time for all melee events and one time for brawl events) and have set times for when the next bracket starts and start it then! Oh and using that break time to work out everything for the next group so we can get started right away when we get back. I guess what I'm saying is we should do our best to use our time more efficently.

5. Trying to run both at the same time can work with a smaller number of people. It doesn't work with the number of people that have been coming for Brawl (there were 18 teams and 36 entrants, meaning practically everyone was in both.) It gets to the point where a bracket gets stuck because people in teams can't play their singles match (due to teams running over some people had to wait over an hour to play their next singles match in brawl) They should be run seperately (for as long as possible) and the order isn't important to me.

6.I'm a morning person but I know most people aren't. So whenever.

7. It's up to you. If it's over the summer, there's a chance I won't be there unless I get a heads up.

I do have a fun time going to these and thanks for making it that way.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
1) I don't mind if Norfair is NOT banned. I'd just ban it anyway with my 1 pick. If it is banned, then it makes my job easier. Up to whoever cares more deeply.

2) As long as we have non-M2K brawlers, I don't want MK to be banned. It's too fun hitting them (even if i don't win). :p

3) Mission Impossibill 2: as in it is impossible for people to be happy (j/k.... i just like the name)

4) I would ask that for a semi-fair performance environment, I'd think that a certain Billfest just for melee for the day, and another just for brawl for the day would allow for deeper gameplay, discussion, and respresentation. Albeit, they don't both have to be on just 1 weekend--they can be 1 saturday of the month and the other the next month/week. Billfests used to be bi-weekly, but I have seen some big/ranking tournaments that take place only like 4 times a year. So with regards to Billfests, a little less occurence of both may be worthwhile in exchange for more focused and dedicated tournaments. What do you guys think?

5) Doubles b/c some people may need to go home, so doubles has more potential to be devastated later towards the day, while singles still can run on the backbone of whoever's left.

6) Any time after school normally starts. Anytime I have a ride....

7) I don't have a ride anyways.... so who cares about me? Can't hold the rest up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So with regards to Billfests, a little less occurence of both may be worthwhile in exchange for more focused and dedicated tournaments. What do you guys think?

Yes!

Thank you.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master

i don't care

What PP said

ii. Big Billie Style​
v. Don't Stop Billievin'​

i or v

no

no

What flamingo said

sometime after plur's
My 2 cents

Sengin

Smash Ace
1. I don't play brawl, so don't listen to me.
2. Same as above.
3. Don't Stop Billievin'
4. I don't think it really matters, but I think it's fine having melee start before brawl.
5. Again, I don't really think it matters, but my preference is slightly towards singles before doubles.
6. I think noon works, but I could possibly do 11AM (since I would have to drive ~3 hours and some setup/relax/warmup time is nice to have).
7. I think I will actually be able to go to a tournament on either May 16th or 23rd, so I suggest one of those since I would like to be in another tournament.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
1. I don't think Norfair should be banned... but I'm also biased. :p

2. I don't think MK should be banned.

3. I'll jump on the Don't Stop Billieven' bandwagon.

4. Seemed fine the way it was.

5. I prefer doubles before singles.

6. If Melee precedes Brawl, doesn't matter to me. :laugh:

7. ASAP!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
1. Either way works for me.
2. Don't ban him, at least not yet.
3. v for sure. That name is made of win.
4. See 1.
5. All that matters to me is that one doesn't get in the way of the other as much as possible. Less clutter = good.
6. 11:00 AM-12:00 PM is fine.
7. Late May or Early June just feels right for some reason.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Guys, just to prevent this from continuing in future posts, Munkaid (respected west NC tournament) will most likely be held may 30th, and rawfuls' tourney is may 16th, so I don't think that the 23rd is an option. End of May is no good right now.

June is kinda open now. Some craziness is already being planned then I think, so I'm not sure what'll happen.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Guys, just to prevent this from continuing in future posts, Munkaid (respected west NC tournament) will most likely be held may 30th, and rawfuls' tourney is may 16th, so I don't think that the 23rd is an option. End of May is no good right now.
Ah, I see what you mean. Guess my date is no good then (except June possibly?).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. Honestly, I feel more and more these days that Norfair is an exceedingly neutral stage, and that what everyone perceives as an advantage of their own is merely a partial acknowledgment of the stage's incredible malleability. And most perceived disadvantages are the direct result of unfamiliarity. The greatest concern that the stage presents is its tendency to intrude on the fight, and become a third wheel in what is supposed to be a competition of ability. That said, there is much of adaptability to be spoken for, particularly in its relationship with ability. I think Norfair sufficiently tests adaptability without removing the direct competition that we strive for. I vote no on banning Norfair.

2. First of all, I must stress that I hate MK with an undying passion, and wonder a great deal as to how misguided the designers of this game must have been to think that MK could not inevitably draw the ire of gamers competitive and casual alike. Indeed, I know many casual players that effectively enforce "bans" of Metaknight within their own homes. That said, MK has been shown to at least have one or two possibly even match-ups of late. Whether these proposals are well-founded or not is up for debate, but they are sufficient to give me cause to doubt any inclination I might have that he should be banned from competitive play, where I always seek to be as reserved in my banning of something as possible. No to banning MK.

3. Don't Stop Billievin' by a long shot.

4. I don't see how it will make the whole thing end earlier. Moreover, since Brawl attendance is generally greater than Melee attendance, the Melee scene stands to loose more from lateness and such than the Brawl scene.

5. I really have no opinion on the matter. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

6. 11 seems sensible to me. It allows for more time, which we are definitely in want of.

7. If you can find a date that is still in May, that would be preferable. I cannot guarantee attendance in June or July.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Don't stop Billevin'

and if May please consider Rawful of Smash.

; ; Sadly I may not be making it to the next one if in May, BUT I WILL DO MY BEST!

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
So with regards to Billfests, a little less occurence of both may be worthwhile in exchange for more focused and dedicated tournaments. What do you guys think?
If I have anything to do with it (and obviously I do) Billfests, barring any crazy occurrences, will always be roughly once a month.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Also, at the next Billfest, this really has to get set in stone, because it's definitely an important issue that has been really ambiguous in the past:

When shenanigans occur, they must be called. If shenanigans occur, and no one calls them, all parties involved have to rub their heads and pat their bellies while doing handstands.

Foxy

Smash Master

Yes. It has too much potential for gayness.

Doubles, yes. Singles, maybe.

i. MISSION IMPOSSIBill 2: UNFABillIAR TERRITORY
ii. Big Billie Style
iii. Bill in the sky with diamonds
iv. Peace, Love, Unity, Bill
v. Don't Stop Billievin'

Bill and Bill's Excellent Adventure.

Never, never, never, unless you want 10 people in Melee singles. I, and probably others, will have absolutely no chance of playing in this tournament if Melee singles starts somewhere around midnight.

For Brawl, definitely, because it's more important and if y'all Brawlers are having to drop out of Singles due to the late hour, Singles is more important and Doubles should be the one having some attendance sacrificed. Melee, however, needs Doubles first for practice and tournament warm-up.

I guess that 11:00 AM would be fine for Melee Doubles but I think that most players come from farther away than I do, and it might be unrealistic to begin before noon. It would also cut down a lot on pre-tournament friendly time, in which the more there is, the better the Melee tournament is.

Mid-May? I really don't care, I'll make it no matter what the date is, it's quite close. If possible though, try to evenly space it out from other tournaments.

Top Bottom