• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Bigmack209's big tech/combo list" UPDATED 9/17

IDK

Smash Lord
im on it chrome. gtfo means get the **** off. it just gets people away from you. makes them back off. its charging an upb after falling off the edge, but not grabbing the edge on the way up by holding down. a banana lock is glide tossing a banana into a second banana, picking up that banana, throwing it, picking up the first banana, glide tossing it to the first, and repeating. the opponent stays tripped. pretty much every diddy here does that. you can find it in vids on youtube and in stickies.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I do it all the time, just didn't know the term. And I've been wondering why I haven't been grabbing the ledge sometimes when I up B stall. Isn't it risky though, since they can always smash you and you are in a position where you can't do anything.

IDK

Smash Lord
@ yoshi>> thats because you're tapping to the side then upb ing back to the ledge. in order to regrab it you need the space gathered by tapping down then upb ing. sometimes i tap side on accident without even noticing. you could have also pressed down to pass the edge. it's kind of risky but if they hit you they can get barrel countered anyway. just don't do it too often and do it quickly instead of fully charging.

@ chrome>> yup. it does. read the air lock one again where i said "READ". its pretty sexy.

and sorry i was too lazy to quote lol.

white peachy

Smash Ace
I'm sure many people know this but you can catch an uncharged peanut also. Kind of worthless but whatever. Just another diddy trick...:)
Shoot Uncharged peanut then immediately initiate dash and do a dash attack to grab it from the air.

IDK

Smash Lord
yup we know peachy. it's a lot easier if you shoot the peanut at the start of the descent of a short hop.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea i did kno that for A LONG time but i didnt see any use for it except for mindgames. HAve 2 bananas out and they see u throw something. They'll be like WTF HIT ME! or u can double peanut them. Shoot and throw and peanut.

IDK

Smash Lord
yup. you can only really do it between stocks or not edgeguarding and getting a peanut tho. part of what i do to stay unpredictable with when i'm going to throw a banana in my hand is forward b's and peanuts.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
When are the vids gonna get up? /impatient

And that barrel edgeguard wasn't really a question it was a statement lol.

IDK

Smash Lord
ya it might take a while... idk when im getting a dazzle. i at least have the replays on my wii now. when i get one i'm putting vids up of my diddy and marth too.

IDK

Smash Lord
my wifi actually sucks *** lol. just be patient i think ima borrow my friend's dazzle sometime this week.

IDK

Smash Lord
oh... the program doesn't work on macs?

EDIT: apparently you need a pinnacle dazzle for mac... thought it might work for both. so what i'm doing is recording it on iMovie. It's not great quality and it's working... but there's one problem other than that. The percentages on the bottom get half cut off when i move the clip from clips to projects. Anyone know how to fix this?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure what's going on in that video and some of the stuff didn't look like combos and you didn't really give a good example of some of it because you hadn't mastered it

IDK

Smash Lord
this thread makes me sad

like this ---------> :(
aww why? i discovered a banana lock with ONE banana.

I'm not really sure what's going on in that video and some of the stuff didn't look like combos and you didn't really give a good example of some of it because you hadn't mastered it
it is true i kind of put it together fast, but please ask me what you are confused about.

also... i'm adding a couple of cool tricks i just made up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
aww why? i discovered a banana lock with ONE banana.

it is true i kind of put it together fast, but please ask me what you are confused about.

also... i'm adding a couple of cool tricks i just made up.
Well that Nair "combo" thing, what the hell was that?

Nice naner lock thing but it seems that you have to be flawless or else your opponent will escape

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You have to be pretty much frame perfect, and your opponent has to be pretty stupid. But it looks cool as hell! Maybe it will work better on a different character?

Also for the video could you post the seconds in which you use the certain moves. Like 0:45 - :48 I used blah blah naner lock blah. Know what I'm saying. And describe how you did it so people will know what you are doing and what uses it may have.

IDK

Smash Lord
Well that Nair "combo" thing, what the hell was that?

Nice naner lock thing but it seems that you have to be flawless or else your opponent will escape
well i was trying to fit replays into 3 minutes, so i didn't really have ike run off and die to be at 0% so it didn't work. basically i was going to do dash attack to utilt to SH nair fast fall to another aerial. and yeah, you have to be pretty good at it, but you get the muscle memory pretty fast. It turns out it's actually an infinite, until the banana runs out. which will take a long time anyway because it never touches the ground. It just depends on which side of the character you hit, forcing them to trip in the opposite direction. If you're good you can go back and forth. If people catch on to this chances are it will get banned. lol ooooops i just almost typed bananned.

You have to be pretty much frame perfect, and your opponent has to be pretty stupid. But it looks cool as hell! Maybe it will work better on a different character?

Also for the video could you post the seconds in which you use the certain moves. Like 0:45 - :48 I used blah blah naner lock blah. Know what I'm saying. And describe how you did it so people will know what you are doing and what uses it may have.
Thanks good suggestions. Do you want that in this smashboards post? I'll just edit it. Or do you want it in the vid description... which i can also edit but is a pain because the window they show of what you're typing is really small... it's just weird idk lol.
oh, and read the front page again. I added some stuff see if you like. Tell me if you need an explanation or vid. I know, my vids suck.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknight has his own gay infinite cape we should have an infinite nanner lock pl0x

So wait, you just said that it would take a really long time to run out. But then you said it's an infinite.... still it looks pretty hard to get consistently and it seems like your opponent can escape if you make the slightest mistake.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I haven't looked at the front page, but I just did the nana lock and I LOVE IT!. Not because it's effective, but because I have an option from the air. Like whenever somebody Utilts me I always try to do an aerial or DI away but they always get me. But now I have an option! Thanks man.

Checks front page now.

IDK

Smash Lord
Metaknight has his own gay infinite cape we should have an infinite nanner lock pl0x

So wait, you just said that it would take a really long time to run out. But then you said it's an infinite.... still it looks pretty hard to get consistently and it seems like your opponent can escape if you make the slightest mistake.
what i meant was it's basically an infinite but eventually the banana would run out... but i have no idea how long that would take.

Top Bottom