• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest "that was awesome" moment?

Alzi

Smash Master
This might not be so awsome but i was toon link vsing a ganondorf i side smashed him then he was off the stage then i pulled out a bomb and quickly jumped of the stage i threw the bomb up then while he tried to recover i did a Up A in mid air and it hit gannondorf then he went into the bomb and it was a KO.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
In Green Hill Zone, Luigi vs. D3.
Both sides of the course had crumbled, so it was three platforms. (the two sides and the middle) I was standing on the middle one and used a fireball, D3 spotdoged and the fireball bounced off the wall and hit him any way, he slid to me so i used u-tilt, the i attack in the air.
fireball>u-tilt>u-air>reverse fair>fast fall >misfire> KILL! 75% in three seconds!

KillamEXE

Smash Rookie
I once threw a bob-omb at somebody, and it bounced off their shield. It flew up into another player, and he lost his last stock. =P

And of course, numerous PK Thunder kills where you send it behind somebody, knock them in front of you, then shoot yourself into them. Very fun... Not that epic, but very fun.

And having people at high enough damage to kill with Sheik's up-b is a awesome, too.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I was in an FFA and and I was Ness while one of my opponents was Snake.

Anyways, I managed to spike Snake to his death, but I had to fast-fall out of my double-jump to do it. Before he died, he threw a grenade up. Since I had no double-jump, I had to PK Thunder to recover. However, the grenade hit my PK Thunder, blew up, and stage-spiked me. XD

It's true what they say, "Even in death, Snake can still kill you." =P

I even have a replay of it!
I really like this one. Gonna load it up to youtube anytime soon?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I was Mr.Gaw on the summit vs an ike player. On the last stock of his i went for a dash grab which slid us over to the edge which you cant grab onto somehow, i then proceeded to do the down throw and ike was sent down off the stage like a bullet!
The ike player tried to recover but was to far down and yelled out 'Aether' like it was all he could do!:laugh: It took us both by surprise!

Quetz

Smash Rookie
3 man FFA. I was ganon vs ike vs someone else (it doesn't matter). The third person grabs me while ike uses the chance to somehow nail both of us with a fsmash, sending us all flying almost to death together. As we start flying off screen and our circles appear, I use ganon's side-B to take the third guy out while completely blind to our positions.

nibon

Smash Rookie
I was playing with two friends, FFA. I played Kirby, they were Pikachu and Fox.

We set it at a 2 minute death match and no one ever died, bubble/dodge all the time, so it ended up in a sudden death, Within two seconds I run->A pikachu, he flies up in the air, hits Fox, Fox flies away and gets KO'd, Pika bounces off and i jump^A -kill him aswell.

It was nice :)

DippnDots

Feral Youth
My biggest "that was awesome" moment occurred in melee, because it was something that A. Took skill B. Looked good C. Took thought and timing. Not brawl, a game with 0 hit stun, excessive camping strategies which devolve the game down to pure boring play.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I was Ness and PTR was Wario.
I think we were both on our last stock.
Anyways, he knocked me offstage, but I was still able to make it back.
He jumped over to me, and I knew what he was thinking, so instantly, I did dair.
His fart and my spike collided, but I won.
He flew down fast, and I was still in midair.
It was awesome.

Not to mention I was teamed up with him, and we were both Lucas.
Marth was between us, and so he grabbed Marth, and started wailing on him
After Marth gets out, I grab and do the same.
So basically, he's trapped in a world of stun.
I get bored and usmash him to death after 10 grabs, maybe more.

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
...I really really want to say favorite Smash moment ever, but it was in melee, and i feel like the MicHammer would come down hard on me. But my coolest Brawl moment: One stock left on both of us. I was Lucas, and I was far off stage without a second jump, and no hope of recovery. The MK gimping me started to go back to the stage. Instead of trying to use my pk thunder to get back, i shot it at him, hit him, stage spiked him ftw. It was sweet.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
In an online Team Battle, I was Sonic, my partner was Link. Opponents were Fox and Peach on Final D. Our teams tied so we go to sudden death. Link ends up dying 2 seconds into the sudden death so its just me. I shield, dodge around, and end up being right between Fox and Peach, very close to me to boot.
D-smashed and sent BOTH of them to their deaths for my team to win. Oh man I was going nuts with that one...

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not my vid lol, but it is THE most epic gimp EVER, nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRtuum-xng&feature=related

As for an epic moment of my own, I was on WiFi playing some friendlies with a friend...we were both using Snake in spite of the fact that we both sucked at Snake lol. We were playing on Battlefield, and I had a trip mine (dsmash mine) near the center of the stage. We both had about 140% on us, but I had 2 stocks, and he had one. He ducks through the right half of the platform on the left, and I was charging an fsmash...lawl...anyways, he decides to shield it, and, as a result of the recoil from the power of the fsmash, he goes backwards into the trip mine that I set. He kept his shield up, but the recoil from the trip mine sent him back to me, at which point I ftilted him. This all happened BAM BAM BAM one right after another, and his shield BROKE. I charged up and fsmash and pretty much made him teleport off the screen. The funny thing was that I didn't even plan for this to happen...I kinda just acted all out of instinct. I was rofling at the epicness of the moment =D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I really like this one. Gonna load it up to youtube anytime soon?
I would, but I don't have any device to record with. =/

KillamEXE reminded me of something else, though.

I forgot who I was, but I was in a three-for-all against both Samus and Wolf. We were in Lylat Cruise. Wolf just recovered onto the central platform while Samus fired a fully-charged Charge Beam at me. I managed to power-shield and it reflected off my shield and into Wolf and KOed him on his last stock. XD

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Team Battles.
Snake.
C4.
Died.
Team Member on last stock.
C4 blows up.
We win the match.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Once, in a Captain Falcon ditto, we kneed eachother at the same time on our last stock. We both died.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I was playing 2 vs 2 yesterday on a custom stage.
I was mk, other team member was Marth, and we were against Bowser, and possibly Wolf.
Anyway, I got the Smash Ball, hit Bowser with it, and marth, who was on the other side of the stage got sent flying to the top right corner XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My best Brawl moment was a few weeks after the game came out in the US, I went to visit my bro in France. There we played for the whole time I was there (about a month, so he had time to get used to it).

Anyway, one game we were playing, he was MK and I was D3. He knocks me flying into the top right corner of the 3rd stage of Castle Seige, but I don't die. As I'm in that corner, a smash ball appears in the center of the stage, right above a soccer ball. My brother starts jumping/flying for the smash ball, and I, in a moment of desperation, throw a random Waddle Dee from way over yonder. It lands on the soccer ball, which flies straight into the smash ball, breaks it, then bounces off and into my brother, killing him. It was amazing.

The second best would be playing (again against my brother) on Lylat cruise as Wolf. I don't remember who he was playing as, but he'd managed to knock me under the stage and I was honestly screwed. Out of nowhere, a smash ball appears right in front of me, gets destroyed by a single Fair, and I save myself with my Final Smash.

He hates playing against me due to stuff like that ;)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
back in the brawl release day tournaments i took some guy to sudden death

we stood around for a long time adn WTF bombs spawn???

i lost lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
A couple awesome ones from the other day:

-We're doing a 4 man FFA. In the end it's me, Yoshi with about 120%, and a Charizard with a smash ball at about 20% (we had smash balls only on low just for laughs). I manage to dodge the Final Smash, pivot grabbed him into a chain grab, into a spike at the edge of the stage. The Charizard player just sat there going "WTF just happened...?"

-Another 4 man FFA, same settings. I don't remember who I was playing as, but it was me, a DK, and a G&W, all on our last stocks. G&W grabs me and starts a D-throw, which, as we all know, is slow. While it was going, DK comes up, side-Bs us both into the ground, then unleashes a fully charged DK punch which kills us both. It was pretty epic.

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Team battle with anyone FD

Ganondorf(me) and Sheik were on teams. I can't remember who are enemies were.

Anyway, Sheik had gotten the smash ball and was right behind me. As I started to do a 180 Warlock Punch, Sheik used her Fs. Both our enemies were caught just as my Warlock Punch connected. The freeze frame was AWESOME!! I was surrounded by the yellow light while my fist still had the purple flames on it.

We won the match XD

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm Boozer, my friend Ike up against a Captain Falcon and Sonic (this was eons ago before we realized how horrible our opponents actually were) on FD. We're down to our last stock, and so are they. All have a lot of damage. He knocks both Sonic and Ike off the left side of FD, and I'm flying across the stage to the fray, only to land a couple feet from the edge where I then f-smash THROUGH the platform as both are reaching for the edge (but seemingly canceled eachother's grabs) and hit their hands, sending them off the ****ing planet. Gone. So beast.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
In Anyone Mode a couple days ago, I was playing in an FFA on Castle Siege. Time was just about to run out, and a Toon Link and I were in the air just a little bit off the stage. He went to do his d-air to me and I air dodged, and he plummeted to oblivion. Being the last one to hit him, I got credit for the kill.

All of this wouldn't be so funny except, if not for that, it would have been a 4-way tie and gone into Sudden Death. But instead, I won.

Top Bottom