• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big problem against Peach's dsmash

Delaro

Smash Cadet
I main falco and the friend I'm training with is maining Peach. We both are pretty much the same level but all of our matches always end the same way: he wins with one stock left and 80%. I'm pretty sure my main problem is the dsmash, if he hits me only one time during a match I'm over for the rest of the game because he just landed 40%< on me without CC. So I wanna know what can I do against this god dammit dsmash! I there a magic DI direction to use? Also, as soon as I get a little advance (ex: Peach: 2 stock Falco: 3 stock and 90%) he respawn and always land a big hit on me using his invincibility, what can I do not to get hit? Jumping around like a noob doesn't work very well :/

Smasher89

Smash Lord
DI down inwards and tech is probably the best option against dsmash if you get hit. Might be hard to do consistent and cause bad CCs but it´s a good option.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Can't help you with dsmash, but when your opponent respawns try baiting him to attack you and roll, forward and back. Also since you're falco I would recommend full hopping since it's so high and peach cannot jump that fast. You can shine stall in the air to help wait out invincibility and try to safely come down covering yourself with a dair or laser, if it's ok to do so. You can try sideB shenanigans as well.

Dulren

Smash Cadet
dont get hit by it

As ridiculous as it seems, this man is right.

Dmash is a very strong move, but if you're finding yourself losing to it when you're playing against Peach, you need to seriously re-evaluate your approaches and what moves you're commiting to on her.

Watch your spacing!!!!! it's key. this is the most important thing. when you're approaching, ensure that you're either crossing over her shield, spacing correctly, L-canceling properly into a shine, etc. If you're landing in front of peach's shield --> getting Dsmashed, then it's entirely your fault for the bad spacing/poor mixup/flub on techskill.

Don't create opportunities for dsmash to flourish.

edit: as far as "not getting hit" after his re-spawn: you're falco, abuse platforms and don't get caught in your shield or something when he's coming back down. you're much more mobile as a character in general - use platforms to your advantage in avoiding her.

disclaimer: sorry if this comes off as abrasive or something - just took 3 grams of the illest piff to the face >_>

Delaro

Smash Cadet
DI down inwards and tech is probably the best option against dsmash if you get hit. Might be hard to do consistent and cause bad CCs but it´s a good option.
By doing this am I not going to get deeper into the smash?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he means teching it after peach's dsmash slams you on the ground when you DI down

gigantic risk lol, but if you can do it, more power to you????

i say di UP

or if you're sheik, di down then up hahahaha.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Try to DI up and in the direction you were sent. It's an amazing move, there aren't really others that can beat it.

Acryte

Smash Ace
You are falco, DI down as little as possible. The magic DI direction is upward/upward away etc. You should only get hit like once from the dsmash for small damage. Also try to bait or anticipate dsmashes because if peach whiffs then you get a free punish :)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
dude u play falco right. so this is what u do. u should charge your own d-smash whenever peach is going to d-smash b/c while falco is charging d-smash he cant be hit by peach's d-smash.

Acryte

Smash Ace
lol if you decided to do that then I'd recommend at least c-sticking it and using Z to charge.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This move isn't really that problematic if you stay aware. You also get punishes on her for days if she whiffs it. Just hold up and away, and mash jump.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest flipping both of the control sticks in the upward direction just as you get hit by the first one and with good enough timing you can DI up and over the dsmash. You only have to use one of the control sticks, but it's more likely that you'll land the DI if you use both.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Just laser Peach>Dair>GTFO. Just dash behind her and repeat. You won't get hit by them as much. If you think you're gonna get hit just get used to DIing upwards. If she is gonna land a Dsmash on your shield, just shield DI away. It's the only way it's not gonna poke you through shield.

Top Bottom