• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big E's Melee Tournament RESULTS POSTED(vids are up)

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
why would the thread get locked clearly i was kidding around with u about going to gigs i wasn't under the impression i was "trash talking the host" pete was being a douchebag for no reason

if the smashfest involves u and tony then i am down, but lets play before friday

Laijin

Smash Hero
This looks like an awesome tournament, but its date is the weekend of christmas. Horrible date for any tournament(near a major holiday). Locals normally go out of town during the time. :[

Kingblack56

Smash Cadet
There are going to be a lot of locals player at this tourny.

Im going to make the attendance list later on but it looks like it going to be a great turn out

Alot of are local player are good so watch your *****

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Shame it's a melee tourney or I'd come down. Nothing against melee, just not as good at it and don't enjoy it as much.

Any chance someone will hold a local Brawl tourney any time soon?

zabuzafreak

Smash Rookie
We're waiting to see the turnout of the melee tourney, if the all goes well we will be doing a brawl tourney as well. We kinda just wanted to start up the scene again with melee because a bunch of locals dropped out of brawl and went back to melee.

Judging by what King Black has said, there are going to be a pretty decent amount of people, so hopefully we'll see a brawl tourney soon.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Yeah there's no way I'd play in a Melee tournament. I don't even have a copy of the game anymore. It was a great game but was too technical for me and favored a few characters I didn't have interest in playing, so I never got into the competitive scene.

I could come watch to help reinvigorate the local scene but I wouldn't play.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
lol favored a few characters that you weren't interested in playing?? hope you haven't been to any brawl tournaments, because if you don't play kirby villains or snake your pretty much going to lose

risemix

Smash Apprentice
lol favored a few characters that you weren't interested in playing?? hope you haven't been to any brawl tournaments, because if you don't play kirby villains or snake your pretty much going to lose
I play Diddy Kong, Peach, and R.O.B. Really, what turned me off is that every action performed down to running to your opponent was altered to some technicality.

I'm not saying Melee is a bad game and I'm not here to make anyone mad or start a Melee vs. Brawl argument, I was just offering an explanation for not wanting to play the game at the tournament level. I'm sure you'll all have a great time and if I'm not doing anything I'll come cheer on the guy who didn't pick Fox, Falco or Marth.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
If you still have the opportunity to change the date, the best date for attendance would be the 24th of Jan, with the only tourney on that date being Impact Clash, but the last one was horrible so I know at least I don't want to go to that ;D

Kingblack56

Smash Cadet
I really dont want to change the date again....unless we can get postive feed back.

-or-

We can host another tourament in February. It will mostly likely be brawl and melee.

zabuzafreak

Smash Rookie
How about, if this one does well, we host another melee on the 24th, and then a Brawl the weekend after or sometime in February?

I think that's at least agreeable, seeing how everybody in the local scene is already looking foward to the 27th, and some of us have even called the day off for work.

Input?

Chocobomog123's brother is FROG.

You should add who's bringing cubes and tv's.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
nah t.j dont change the date, who cares if ppl dont come from other areas it'll still be a decent turnout with locals. if it turns out good we should start hosting melee bi-weeklies or something

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ya know.

If this wasnt a 6½ hour drive, I would come because these are the easiest ****in directions ever.

Get on i-75 and drive. >.>

__

Dont let exarch take the money, he cheats.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
how could i let some1 take my money in my own city? now that rarely happens

played some melee with t.j tonight **** was niceee....

had some good infinites with IC mang keep it up thats good **** son...

BUT howd you like that samus tonight??? **** i felt like that **** was on the money

Kingblack56

Smash Cadet
how could i let some1 take my money in my own city? now that rarely happens

played some melee with t.j tonight **** was niceee....

had some good infinites with IC mang keep it up thats good **** son...

BUT howd you like that samus tonight??? **** i felt like that **** was on the money
Good **** Abe

spider_sense

Smash Champion
If I can make this. I can't come for doubles and can't stay out too long for singles. So depending on the attendence; I may or may not enter singles. Because I have to leave at a certain time and help a friend out with a movie we're making. =/

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
who cares ppl who want to play brawl can go to gigs and drive 5 hours to get their money taken by fro and brik

the ppl who wanna have fun and play melee will come here

Top Bottom