• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Brother: DGames Edition: Sold2 Evicted! HoH 8pm EST!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Music Mayhem!

Hello Houseguests and welcome to the Veto Competition. This week we will be testing your knowledge of classic old-time hits that have been in everyone's ears for the past couple of decades. You may recognize a few of these right off the bat and find yourself singing the lyrics. Others, you may have a hard time coming up with the correct artist or song name.

As usual, the results are graded on correctness and spelling.

So who is a music guru? Well here are the rules.

You are not allowed to use any music database, ipod, google, whatever to have this happen. You are not allowed to have any help from any houseguest to figure out this competition. Before you will be a list of popular songs or popular artists with blanks next to their slots. Your objective is to get the most right and the fastest time at solving these musical puzzles. The way you do this is the same as the HoH competition, by sending your answers into the mod. (easiest way since J is away)

Be careful and make sure you have everything correct before sending in your answers because once you do, they are locked in and cannot be changed.

Example:

Lady Gaga - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J sends in Lady Gaga - Bda Romance at 3:03
Sang sends in Lady Gaga - Poker Face at 3:04
Zen sends in Lady Gaga - Bad Romance at 3:05

(A hyphen = a space)

Zen wins the Power of Veto!

Crucial note: After the Power of Veto has happened, the person who has won the competition must make their decision to remove one of the nominees or to not use the Veto within an hour after the competition has ended. Immediately following the Veto Ceremony, the HoH will choose a replacement Nominee by making it known in the thread who he wants to put up for eviction if there needs to be a replacement. The winner of the Veto will make their decision known in the thread as well and does not need to PM the mod of the game.

Are you all ready???

[Collapse=Go!]Artist - Song

1. Elvis Presley – _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _

2. Michael Jackson – _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

3. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ - Mr. Jones

4. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ – I Wanna Dance With Somebody

5. Dolly Parton – _ _ _ - _ - _ _ _ _- _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _

6. _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - Stairway to Heaven

7. _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ - Can't Touch This

8. AC/DC - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ - _ _ _ _

9. The *****cat Dolls - _ _ _' _ - _ _ _

10. Jerry Lee Lewis - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ - _ _ _ _

11. _' _ _ _ _ - Bye Bye Bye

12. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ – Dream On

13. _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ – Hit Me with Your Best Shot

14. Celine Dion – _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ - _ _

15. Ozzy Osborne - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _

16. _ _ _ _ _ – Bohemian Rhapsody

17. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ – Teen Spirit

18. Guns & Roses – _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

19. Britney Spears – (_ _ _ _) _ _ _ - _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

20. Spicegirls – _ _ _ _ _ _ _
[/collapse]

The challenge ends in 1 hours time of this post! Be quick!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Couldn't do it because of some family complications with mom, who keeps taking my PC away.

This was posted via Wii Console.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And that's a wrap. Veto game is now closed. Before we get into the results, here are the answers:

[collapse=Answers]
  1. Elvis Presley – Heartbreak Hotel
  2. Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
  3. Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
  4. Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance with Somebody
  5. Dolly Parton – And I Will Always Love You
  6. Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven
  7. MC Hammer - Can't Touch This
  8. AC/DC - Highway to Hell
  9. The *****cat Dolls - Don't Cha
  10. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
  11. Nsync - Bye Bye Bye
  12. Aerosmith – Dream On
  13. Pat Benitar – Hit Me with Your Best Shot
  14. Celine Dion – My Heart Will Go On
  15. Ozzy Osborne - Crazy Train
  16. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
  17. Nirvana – Teen Spirit
  18. Guns & Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
  19. Britney Spears – (Baby) Hit Me One More Time
  20. Spicegirls - Wannabe
[/collapse]

Nobody can spell Pat Benatar right except Soup. Not even J.

So now let's get into the results. Not counting Vinyl and Gheb, we get this:

1) Soup, 11 correct answers, completed at 7:08 PM
2) Tandora, 14 correct answers, completed at 7:15 PM
3) Badwolf, 12 correct answers, completed at 7:41 PM
4) Ryker, 11 correct answers, completed at 8:05 PM

Tandora had the most answers correct in the fastest time. She truly is an expert on the classics! She wins the veto competition.

Tandora, you have one hour to decide how you wish to use the power of Veto!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
EBWOP: if that is tanny were to use veto on herself

nvm

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora had the most answers correct in the fastest time. She truly is an expert on the classics! She wins the veto competition.

Tandora, you have one hour to decide how you wish to use the power of Veto!
It's because I'm old and I got lucky. <3

I also thought Pat Benatar's answer only had 6 letters which is why I misspelled it. =p

EBWOP: if that is tanny were to use veto on herself

nvm
Well, yeah. I would like to save myself.

Thanks for picking me for the Veto challenge Soup. I really liked this challenge! =D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So first off let me say congratulations to Tandora for winning the Power of Veto this week!

Now let me explain the next leg of what is about to happen:

J said:
After the Power of Veto meeting, there will be a 24 hour grace period to discuss who should be evicted. After that 24 hour period, the thread will be locked and players may not talk with one another!

The votes will be private, PMed to to this account. All votes will be sent privately to this account, but revealed during the end of voting period. When you send in your vote, include anything you want to say. This information is not immediately given to everyone. However, this will be revealed at the end of the game for fun, so be thoughtful of what you say!
Starting now, players may PM me their votes for who they want to be evicted from the game. They have 24 hours to do as such. When all the votes have been collected or deadline comes up, I will announce who has been evicted from the game.

If there is a tie, Soup, the current HoH, must come into the thread and announce who is going to be evicted with his vote.

The votes will be anonymous so no one will know who voted for who. The way the votes are revealed are like so:

"The votes are in. And with a count of 5 to 4......

Zen, you have been evicted from the Big Brother House!"

The voting will end on 12pm Mignight EST. At which point, the thread will be locked while I tally the votes and write up who is being evicted.

After the eviction has occured, the next HoH competition will begin on Sunday 8pm EST. Be ready for whatever may come. After the eviction, I will let it be known whether the game will take place, in the thread or on the Skype chat.

Thank you all very much and keep going at it.

==========

As a reminder to all, Please remember to post in your Diary Rooms, daily. This is a group warning since it is still the beginning of the game. However, I will not be so leniant when the game progresses. 3 strikes from forgetting to this after this post, will be a warning unless you have specificated to me that you will be away for a certain time and can't post in your Diary Room.

Thanks again!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Remember to get those votes in everyone! You only have 8 hours remaining before I lock the thread/communication!

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
V/LA August 15-19

Loli, are you going to Gencon too?
Nah I haven't started traveling OOS for conventions yet :( I plan to eventually though once I start doing more artist alleys :3 But i'm doing an artist alley thing at Mizucon. It's a convention in SFL~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Voting is over! Now all communication with anyone in the game is cut off, you may still post in your Diary Room at this time but I am going to be counting the votes.

When the thread is unlocked, and the person evicted is announced. He or She may make a post in the thread.

Good luck to Tricky and Gheb!

Remember, the HoH competition is tomorrow at 8pm EST and Soup is not eligible to compete in it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright Houseguests, the votes are in and you've reached a decision. The houseguest who has been evicted must pack their belongings and leave the house.

Two houseguests did not vote due to not being here (Swiss and S2), but the target number was still reached.

In a vote of 8 to 2....

Gheb, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house! Thank you so much for playing!

And with one houseguest gone, that leave 14 fighting for the prize! The competition is finally getting real.

The next Head of Household competition will begin at 8pm EST in the thread!

A little hint for everyone: Popcorn goes great with these.

**Communication is back on!**

Top Bottom