• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best wolf in the U.S

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'll be uploading those videos soon. However, imo, both me and candy def. didn't play our best (some SDs and poor DI between us)

stock

Smash Rookie
Yea I really wanna see the Wolf players who went to CoT4 and their videos.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
castorpollux Is LEGIT, I played with him a bunch while he was in Norcal, The Next Best Wolf I've played after Luciens!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yea but Castor lost to Candy in dittos...even though that doesn't say much it's still fair to say Candy is better (for his tourney record alone). Castor is probably 2nd in the US though after what he told me on AIM I'm pretty sure he has everything one needs to become a top player...he just needs a bunch of bigger tourneys and he'll become number one someday...
After that I'd say that either Chexr or Equi are 3rd in the US though Equi seems to use MK more...if the GERM or Lucien still played Brawl they'd be up there too of course.

Doesn't matter though Gaki would **** all of you XDDD

and lol @ calling Kalo the best Wolf in the US...no wonder everybody thinks Wolf sucks :(

:059:

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Wait huh? Me and Castor went even in dittos, and that's just dittos.

Honestly I think Castor has potential and he's one of the better wolves but it's a little too quick to call him 2nd best =|

Just curious, what did he say on AIM that justified him as 2nd best? Don't get me wrong JJ, I'm not jealous. I just don't think I'm anywhere close to the top, and we were on par.

Ewww stop plugging in Gaki :p

castorpollux

Smash Champion
all i told gheb was that I was able to take matches from omegablackmage, hylian, le thien, and ally @ chibosempai's place the day before the tournament. I also told him that hylian said my wolf is harder than chexr's.

To be honest, I do pretty bad in wolf dittoes. But in other match ups such as Snake, game and watch, marth, diddy kong, ROB, lucario, donkey kong, ice climbers, zero suit, pit, and every other character below wolf on the tier list I do well against them. I don't think any other active wolf main in the US do better than I do against those cast of characters.

among those characters, I either haven't lost or only lost to the best of those characters in tourney sets.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Bleh, Hylian isn't very impressive tbh. He's too much hype. Gj on le thien and ally. Are you sure they were trying though? One of my friends was doing strangely too well against Ally.
Wolf dittos isn't my forte either. They're just fun. But how are you exactly measuring these other wolfs as to how well you do? And if you only lose to the best of those players I'd think that you'd have been mentioned more often.
I'm just skeptical of you from important things like your DI. Which needs a little work as we have already discussed.
Turbo Ether also has a great wolf... although I did see Candy 2 stock him back at CH4.5. Determining second best wolf is too hard.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
well i never claimed to be the second best wolf or anything. I haven't seen turbo ether's wolf at all either. Hylian has credibility because he destroyed chexr's wolf in a tourney pool (and chexrs been the only wolf that has been winning tourneys).

Ally was probably not trying as if his life was on the line, but he def. was still aiming to win. I'll upload the video soon.

www.youtube.com/jonnyjenq

Those are some of the videos i already uploaded so far.

I'm not really "mentioned" in the east coast very much caz most of the tournies ive been to were in norcal

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Not trying to say you did, just saying in general.
Hylian really didn't perform that great at COT4 man. Sorry but he didn't deserve the seeding he got.
And sandbagging or not I'm sure ally is amazing. Just that it seems Gheb is a little too quick to always hop on a wolf. (Don't argue with me Gheb, it's true <3)
You do have an amazing wolf buddy and I think you'll definitely pull through. Just still have to go a bit further imo.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not trying to say you did, just saying in general.
Hylian really didn't perform that great at COT4 man. Sorry but he didn't deserve the seeding he got.
And sandbagging or not I'm sure ally is amazing. Just that it seems Gheb is a little too quick to always hop on a wolf. (Don't argue with me Gheb, it's true <3)
You do have an amazing wolf buddy and I think you'll definitely pull through. Just still have to go a bit further imo.
I did fine. I lost to Kismet(an amazing falco player from the south) and Judge, a MK player from the Midwest who got 7th and beat players like Me,Inui,Reflex,Hrnut etc... I just had to play really good people my first rounds out of pools. Oh well. I got 9th in teams out of over 100 teams though.

Also, this wolf is AMAZING. It's not just me who thinks that lol he impressed a ton of people at CoT4.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hey, I was impressed too, Hylian. But it does still need a bit more work. And sorry I just expected a bit more from you. Why were you having trouble CG'ing a Marth of all characters with IC's if I may ask? =[

btw, did you search your name? Somehow I had the feeling you would as soon as I typed it.

Edit: Castor just filled me in Mr. Moderator. *Facepalm*

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
k9 even tho u dont main wolf anymore i still wanna money match u next time i see u at tourney in wolf dittos

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey, I was impressed too, Hylian. But it does still need a bit more work. And sorry I just expected a bit more from you. Why were you having trouble CG'ing a Marth of all characters with IC's if I may ask? =[

btw, did you search your name? Somehow I had the feeling you would as soon as I typed it.

Edit: Castor just filled me in Mr. Moderator. *Facepalm*
I have no idea why I couldn't chaingrab him honestly. Marth is the character I'm BEST at chaingrabbing LOL I don't know what was wrong with me. I played other marths that tournament and 0-deathed them no problem :/. I was so confused lol.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Man, I wish I was able to attend CoT4, so I could've played on livestream with Wolf at least. Precise aggression with Wolf is epic and melee-esque.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Judging by that one Ally video, he likes to tech Wolf's dthrow in place. Make a mental note of it and prepare for a regrab, since Wolf does have frame advantage in that situation. Wolf's tech chase game is solid, and dthrow sets up for it, tech or no tech.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Judging by that one Ally video, he likes to tech Wolf's dthrow in place. Make a mental note of it and prepare for a regrab, since Wolf does have frame advantage in that situation. Wolf's tech chase game is solid, and dthrow sets up for it, tech or no tech.
JJ knows what to do against the Dthrow tech, Dsmash is a free hit on most characters if they tech in place and most characters if they tech behind him. I think he didn't think many players would tech it because up to COT4, I'm the only one that did...Also, I don't think following up with a grab would be wise because Ally would realize teching in place is useless and JJ would not have been able to Dsmash at 3:05 in game 2 and then would not have been able to follow it up with a Lucien.

Wow, JJ played pretty bad at COT4, I don't blame him either...He didn't enter doubles so imagine waiting 6 hours for an event your just waiting to end before it even starts. And then waiting 7 hours between making it out of pools and your first singles match...Just too detrimental to ones focus.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
JJ knows what to do against the Dthrow tech, Dsmash is a free hit on most characters if they tech in place and most characters if they tech behind him. I think he didn't think many players would tech it because up to COT4, I'm the only one that did...Also, I don't think following up with a grab would be wise because Ally would realize teching in place is useless and JJ would not have been able to Dsmash at 3:05 in game 2 and then would not have been able to follow it up with a Lucien.

Wow, JJ played pretty bad at COT4, I don't blame him either...He didn't enter doubles so imagine waiting 6 hours for an event your just waiting to end before it even starts. And then waiting 7 hours between making it out of pools and your first singles match...Just too detrimental to ones focus.
Castor doesn't need someone to john for him ><

I'm sure he got plenty of friendlies before his sets.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Castor doesn't need someone to john for him ><

I'm sure he got plenty of friendlies before his sets.
I'm glad your able to maintain your concentration for 7 hours straight, most people aren't as lucky, myself included. Also, friendlies aren't the best preparation for a tournament match....you play some low tier character and then you have to face a MK or some campy character where punishing is entirely different, you said yourself that you play different from friendlies and tournaments. I don't blame your criticism considering your speaking on a tournament setting, and I usually speak on neutral settings...Castor is particularly weak on cp stages since he rarely/never plays on them, but nonetheless, Castor is consistent with the development of Wolf's metagame. Also, I don't consider Castor a tournament player...even though he does well against high profile names (in friendlies...maybe too much pressure), because he doesn't do too well on the tournament scene...but the main point is just because he doesn't do well in pressure situations doesn't mean there's nothing to be learned from him.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I'm glad your able to maintain your concentration for 7 hours straight, most people aren't as lucky, myself included. Also, friendlies aren't the best preparation for a tournament match....you play some low tier character and then you have to face a MK or some campy character where punishing is entirely different, you said yourself that you play different from friendlies and tournaments. I don't blame your criticism considering your speaking on a tournament setting, and I usually speak on neutral settings...Castor is particularly weak on cp stages since he rarely/never plays on them, but nonetheless, Castor is consistent with the development of Wolf's metagame. Also, I don't consider Castor a tournament player...even though he does well against high profile names (in friendlies...maybe too much pressure), because he doesn't do too well on the tournament scene...but the main point is just because he doesn't do well in pressure situations doesn't mean there's nothing to be learned from him.
I'm a little confused by how you digressed there. o_O

And lol, no I couldn't keep concentrated for 7 hours. I don't think anyone could. ><

Friendlies aren't the best way to prepare? What is? Tournament matches before tournament matches? o.0; MM'ing everyone?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I'm a little confused by how you digressed there. o_O

And lol, no I couldn't keep concentrated for 7 hours. I don't think anyone could. ><

Friendlies aren't the best way to prepare? What is? Tournament matches before tournament matches? o.0; MM'ing everyone?
Sure, friendlies are good for warming up...but I tend to stay away from them during the actual tournament. Lets say you win a friendly and somebody switches in that isn't that good, I try a lot less knowing that I can still win without really trying...Going on "auto-pilot" for that one match usually carries on into the next games, basically it pretty much disrupts my focus. So the best way to prepare is to play good/better players and hope you don't need to wait 7 hours for your first match. I don't know how many setups were there for friendlies, but I heard they were lacking so when the setups are being used for tournament, your options are kinda limited to doing nothing/waiting in line. Some people lose their desire to play when they have to wait absurd amounts of time for their tournament matches, hence why poorly ran tournaments are bad.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
why is there even an arugment about this??????????????????????????
castor played fine at CoT4...no need to try to make excuses for no reason
and play friendlys b4 tourny....all that "auto pilot" stuff really doesnt make sense...you warm up for a tourny by playing friendlys b4 hand
period.
end of story
^_^

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i dont even get what the argument is @_@

candy, i tried uploading our ditto, but youtube deleted it caz it somehow "violated" their terms of use. I sent it to k-9 though

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
i dont even get what the argument is @_@

candy, i tried uploading our ditto, but youtube deleted it caz it somehow "violated" their terms of use. I sent it to k-9 though
If you added copyrighted music to the video, Youtube could delete it.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
why is there even an arugment about this??????????????????????????
castor played fine at CoT4...no need to try to make excuses for no reason
and play friendlys b4 tourny....all that "auto pilot" stuff really doesnt make sense...you warm up for a tourny by playing friendlys b4 hand
period.
end of story
^_^
Sorry, didn't mean to cause a ruckus, just fishing for advice from the more experienced tournament players on how to stay focused when a tournament takes forever. The last brawl tournament (singles only) I attended in MA took like 8 hours to finish and had no setups for friendlies, so any advice to stay in the moment would be much appreciated.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
Regular Brawl looks boring now... after Brawl+ -___- Good **** though Castor, very entertaining to watch since Lucien/Germ.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i hope someday i get top 10 wolfs in nj,but i really wonder whos the best in the us
same bigm.im aiming for top wolfs in md/va district.gotta keep playin tho.although i havent seen many wolf users in my area besides k9,me, and candy. im sure there is more but idk.

Top Bottom