• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Villians

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering for a game I'm designing, who are your Top 5 favorite Villains, whether they be the coolest, greatest, or just to your liking, and whether they be from movies, games, comics or cartoons.
Since I enjoy Star Wars so much, I'm gonna have to choose:
1. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
2. Sylar (Heroes)
3. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
4. Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)
5. Magneto (X-Men)
Well, let's hear it, and thanks for your help!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hmm, this one is tough, my library of villians isn't great but here's my list.

1. Darth Vader
2. Magneto [I like him better in the X-men movies, Ian is a goldy actor]
3. Lord Yggdrasil [Tales of Symphonia]
4. Joker [Batman]
5. Lex Luthor [Superman]

That was harder than I thought, I think my list fails [towards the end].

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sweeney Todd

"He shaved the faces of gentlemen, who never thereafter were heard from again..."

I don't really have a top five, but Sweeney Todd is definitely my #1. This picture is from the new movie poster for Sweeney Todd (coming out this winter, omfg). It's about a barber who was arrested, due to a corrupt judge who put him away just to **** his wife. He escaped from prison, to find out that his wife poisoned herself, his daughter was being raised as the judge's ward, and that he could never get his old, happy life back.

So he goes back to his job as a barber, and slits people's necks as he shaved them. And then he'd bake them into pies, with his friend Nellie.

Sounds weird, but it's awesome, trust me.

QUIVO

Smash Master
1. Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
2. Darth Vader/Anakin (Star Wars) - He killed the younglings!!!!
3. Megatron (Transformers/Beast Wars)
4. Green Goblin (The original, Spiderman)
5. Nazis (In any world war II movie/game)

That was kind of hard. There are too many good villains. I couldn't think up of any good villains for the right spot but I think that's good enough

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow, Xsyven- Sweeney Todd is a bad***.

Or did I mean jack***.

EDIT:

WHOA, WHOA. Wait a second. Does this explain your location?

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
1. The Joker (dc comic villain)

2. Pazuzu (the exorcist)

3. Palpatine (star wars)

4. Dr. Doom (marvel comics villain)

5. Hannibal Lecter (silence of the lambs)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Beast Wars Megatron. Of the 3 series, he "won" at the end of the first 2 series. First by managing to kill Optimus Primal, and then by finding and damaging the Original Optimus Prime while in stasis, so that the Predacons would win against the Autobots later when they reactivated millions of years later.

Er...and Darth Vader too....yeah. >.>

Illos

Smash Apprentice
0. Master Hand
1. Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
2. Sephiroth (FF7)
3. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
4. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
5. That Yellow ******* (Sin City)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
WHOA, WHOA. Wait a second. Does this explain your location?
It does indeed!

The upcoming movie, Sweeney Todd, is a from stage to film adaptation of the musical, Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. My location is a quote from the opening song.

That fact that it's a musical makes it sounds stupid as well, but it's not. My college is doing it this winter-- and I'm auditioning for it on the 28th.

The movie comes out to select cities this December, and to theaters everywhere in January.

Directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp. I'm freaking excited.

Dibs

Smash Lord
1.)Scar

2.) The Joker (I'm anticipating the Heath Ledger Joker to take this spot.)

3.) Starscream

4.) Hannibal Lector

5.) The Evil Green Ranger

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
orochimaru. even if you don't like naruto or anime, he's still ****ing badass. same goes for vicious of cowboy bebop.

anime aside, i'd say roy from bladerunner. how can you not love the monologue:

"I've seen things you...people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die."

possibly my all time favorite film monologue, especially considering rutger hauer improved the last two lines.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
1. Myotismon from Digimon. I cant believe the stuff they managed to make Myotismon pull off right in the middle of a children's cartoon show. Murder, torture, and maybe even a possible **** in the Japanese version. He always taunted his victims before dealing the final blow. Sometimes the victims were his loyal followers. Myotismon was a freaking psycho, but that's not why he's my favorite. The thing that makes him my favorite villian is that while he was cruel and sadistic, he could also be dainty and elegant at the same time. Creepy.

2. Ben from LOST. He's so brilliant in such a weird way I cant even explain.

3. Zurg from Buzz Lightyear of Star Command the cartoon series. This guy was excellent. He was one of those failure "I will conquer the universe" types and invented rediculously stupid plans to carry this out which worked surprisingly well. Mutant vegitables. ^_^

Meh, maybe more later.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
1. Magneto, there is no better/badder badass than Magneto.
2. Scar
3. Bowser.. what a ****ing G he is.
4. Venom
5. Green Goblin

Meh, my list aren't really the best villains, these just popped op in my head first.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
okay, many of u (who dont know anime that well, even those that do, might not understand my picks... i can explain them if needed)

1) L (Death Note) (i choose L cuz the protagonist is, in my opinion, kira... but some might consider Kira the antagonist to society cuz hes murdering people, lol... but thats not how its represented in the show) -also, depending on your viewpoint, the main char (kira) with his killing angel can be one as well, he would be tied here if u consider him a 'villain'- Very very very very intelligent, plotter, evil, sadistic, mindful, mindgames-- list goes on... EXTREMELY manipulative
2) Kefka (Final Fantasy) IMO, The most badass villain. he goes out and is genuinely openly evil.. merciless, ruthless. ( i would put sephiroth here as well, but i think hes too much a pretty boy. But he is pretty bad *** as well.)
3) Captain Aizen (bleach). Very manipulative, working behind the scenes, as well as kicking the **** out of those who try to stop him. He even fakes his own death, and acts innocent.
4) Darth Vader/Anakin: Well, he is definately evil, for sure. What good has he done? lol..
5) Ganon. **** him. lol. My first real villain, ocarina of time, so he gets it. Whenever anyone challenges him, hes like.. k.

Honorable mentions: Kerrigan (starcraft), Sweet Tooth (Twisted metal) and The evil general (in gears of war) (he kills your partner, slowly with his sword, and stands there, watching everyone run away.. and remember.. your a bad *** criminal in the game)

MysticKenji

Smash Master
1. Myotismon from Digimon. I cant believe the stuff they managed to make Myotismon pull off right in the middle of a children's cartoon show. Murder, torture, and maybe even a possible **** in the Japanese version. He always taunted his victims before dealing the final blow. Sometimes the victims were his loyal followers. Myotismon was a freaking psycho, but that's not why he's my favorite. The thing that makes him my favorite villian is that while he was cruel and sadistic, he could also be dainty and elegant at the same time. Creepy..
QFT

Also...

2. Darth Vader
3. Master Hand
4. The Joker
5. Magneto

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
1. Bowser.
2. King Ashnard from Path of Radiance. Who doesn't like a guy with a legendary sword on a dragon who touches a medallion to go beserk?
3. Ridley.
4. If Kenpachi counts as a villian then definitely him. He's from Bleach. That guy is powerful.
5. Omega from DBZ. He was pretty gangster...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
3) Captain Aizen (bleach). Very manipulative, working behind the scenes, as well as kicking the **** out of those who try to stop him. He even fakes his own death, and acts innocent.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I thought that Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop movie was really well done. Or maybe the movie was just really well done and my liking of Vincent is a side-effect of that.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks you guys, you've given me some good ideas. If you have any more great ones, feel free to add whenever you think of them.
What do you guys think about Jaws, Keyser Soze, Shredder, Hal 9000, and Hans Gruber? Do they even rank close up with there for any of you?

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Kefka Palazzo. He is the greatest villain of all time. Nobody even comes close to him. If you don't think he's the best villain than you either have never heard of them or you're wrong. And if you don't know who he is, then you're wrong, don't ask why, just accept it.

Also, I can't decide whether L or Kira would be the 2nd best enemy, because I'm not exactly sure who is the enemy. It's really a matter of personal judgment on who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, which is I think one of the main reasons that it was such a great series.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Naraku (from Inuyasha) is pretty evil if you ask me. He never gets his hands dirty, and he constantly is tricking and manipulating everyone.

Darth Vader is my favorite. Darth Maul and the Emperor were pretty badd *** too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknater is too good at getting 3,000 posts so he will type in a larger font.

1. Viral, from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Honorable villain. I have never felt so sorry for a villain before. Now a 4chan meme called VIRAL MARKETING! VIRAL PROMOTIONS! When he says "Oh, someone interesting is here..." in episode 19, one of the most epic plot twist episodes, I died of awesomeness.

2. David Carradine.... er, I mean Bill, from Kill Bill

3. Sephiroth. I have never scoffed so much at pure awesomeness. No intellect, just pure sexy Katana-wielding manliness. FFVII, FFVII: Advent Children, KH, KH2, etc. Awesome in all. How can you be more awesome than having a 20-foot sword.

4. Ganondorf from Zelda: Twilight Princess. That one shot right before the 4th fight was some amazing cinematography, if you can call it that. It made it feel so epic, I wanted to cream myself.

5. Voldemort. What can I say, I just finished book 7. Rowling is genius!

As you fools can see, I'm all for swords and aesthetic pop-culture imagery. Too good.

VIRAL IS TOO GOOD! Y'all should watch this anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Greg unit: your sig is too good. MUDKIP FOR BRAWL!!!!

Schweppes

Smash Ace
These are in no particular order...

Hannibal Lector
Revolver Ocelot
Darth Vader
Magneto
Anything from Courage the Cowardly Dog (especially LeQuack and Fred the Barber)

yay lists

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Arkengate, you should have used spoiler tags, cause I'm watching bleach and I had no idea about Aizen. I'm where adultswim is right now, and that really sucks that I found out about him this way. *Cries a little inside* :(

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
1) Sephiroth - If you don't know why, shame on you
2) Ganondorf - Never stays down no matter how many time you beat him.
3) Dr. Doom - When your evil, powerful AND rich, your a force to be reckoned with.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the joker because he never went after batman himself, he always went after someone close to him. he killed robin twice even!

raVEnSPAWN88

Smash Cadet
1.Gruntilda from banjo kazooie (she comes back from the dead to hunt you, what else do you want from a villain?)
2.Naraku from inuyasha Hes a freaking mastermind (darn insects, mirokus windtunel owns)
3.Shepiroth Correct me if im wrong but, isnt he the first villain that actually kills a character you use in an rpg (not counting at the end of course)

Florida

イーグランツ
1. Scar (Lion King)
As a kid, I've always thought that villains were awesome, mainly because Scar was the first villain that I was introduced to. He just looks cool, let alone he can sing like a pimp.

2. Sasori (Naruto)
A puppet master ninja, (yes, this is coming from a Naruto fan boy). Cleans a human out of the organs and blood, and forms them into his own puppets. He's just freakin' awesome.

3. Darth Maul
Almost no exmplaination needed, the badest Sith ever to come accross in the Star Wars Universe. A shame they made it so that he could kill the master, but not the apprentice =/

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll have to say:

1.Bowser(Mario Series) - because he's my main and is Mario's greatest enemy
2.Venom(Spider-Man Series)- he is so bad ***, especially his cool outfit
3.Joker(Batman Series) - just classic, always standing in batman's way
4.Scarface - what can I say he's the ultimate gangsta!!
5.Vegeta(Dragonball-Z series) well he was his enemy during most of Z anyway and was Goku's graetest rival

the.letter.y

Smash Cadet
1. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII; do I need to explain...?)
2. Deidara (Naruto; two words: exploding. clay.)
3. Itachi (Naruto; gotta love Tsukuyomi ;D)
4. Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II; why can't Falco shoot that many lasers?! T^T)
5. Demyx (Kindom Hearts II; dance water dance!! XD)

Wow, my fangirlishness kinda shows in this list ^^;

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"

"I am the great Cackletta's most best pupil, who is named Fawful! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving us the chase, just to get your silly princess's voice, then you are idiots of foolishness! Princess Peach's sweet voice will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of Cackletta's desires! And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!"

"Bah! Now is when the talking stops! I do not have time to stop and smell foul roses such as you!"

Top Bottom